Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Builds

Akemi-2ro

Question

22 answers to this question

Well, here is mine:

mb0ii6j.jpg

Lots of Power strength, bit of duration and range and cant give any cares about efficiency.
Growing power because I run weapons that apply status like crazy.

Hitting low amounts of enemies at the start is quite punishing on the energy. but that really does not matter anymore as soon as snowballing starts.

Quite the "expensive" setup, but its what I use.

I'm not in-game right now so I can't be sure about the numbers, but I'm playing him with like 133% duration, 75% efficiency, 250-260% strength, 209% range, with only Vitality as a "utility" mod.

It's my second build ever (the other one being EV Trinity) where I don't use Primed Flow. I like not caring about energy.

9 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

Well, here is mine:

mb0ii6j.jpg

Lots of Power strength, bit of duration and range and cant give any cares about efficiency.
Growing power because I run weapons that apply status like crazy.

Hitting low amounts of enemies at the start is quite punishing on the energy. but that really does not matter anymore as soon as snowballing starts.

Quite the "expensive" setup, but its what I use.

Mine is a very similar build, though I am a bit more forgiving on my energy reserves and on the power strength.

Since I enjoy meleeing, I have Handspring instead of your cunning drift, and Streamline instead of Primed Flow -- though I see how Primed Flow allows you to benefit much more from the Larva + Virolence combo, Streamline makes the costs overall more forgiving. -- plus Intensify instead of Transient Fortitude.

Overall, it's a rather easy frame to mod for, while still being very forgiving: Weirdly enough, he's pretty useable with few mods, and doesn't get ridiculous overpowered with maximizations.

I go for some boost on range and efficiency (~140%), with mediocre duration (~80%) and high strength (>200%). 
The mods are steel fiber and vitality because he is tanky and armour scaling is good. 
Blind rage and power drift, to have a good damage caster build (2 - 1111 until dead combo is great), the damage scales extremely hard with power strength and stacks so I play more caster than weapons based, killing mostly with 1. Knockdown resist on a tank is also great. 
I use fleeting, streamline and rage to be able to spam out 2-1 combo right from the get go. May consider dropping streamline for intensify. I don't see any value in something like flow if you have 100%+ efficiency with his kit. 
Stretch to give some range. He doesn't seem to have very amazing base range so going over-extended seems meh.
Primed Continuity to get some duration back. IMO having high duration limits how you can use his 2 massively, and even at 70-80% his 3 and 4 last a very long time. 

The concept is tank + damage spam caster who isn't tied down by having 2 last a long time and prevent you from finding nice clumps as the opportunity appears. 

13 minutes ago, Ciaus said:

I go for some boost on range and efficiency (~140%), with mediocre duration (~80%) and high strength (>200%). 
The mods are steel fiber and vitality because he is tanky and armour scaling is good. 
Blind rage and power drift, to have a good damage caster build (2 - 1111 until dead combo is great), the damage scales extremely hard with power strength and stacks so I play more caster than weapons based, killing mostly with 1. Knockdown resist on a tank is also great. 
I use fleeting, streamline and rage to be able to spam out 2-1 combo right from the get go. May consider dropping streamline for intensify. I don't see any value in something like flow if you have 100%+ efficiency with his kit. 
Stretch to give some range. He doesn't seem to have very amazing base range so going over-extended seems meh.
Primed Continuity to get some duration back. IMO having high duration limits how you can use his 2 massively, and even at 70-80% his 3 and 4 last a very long time. 

The concept is tank + damage spam caster who isn't tied down by having 2 last a long time and prevent you from finding nice clumps as the opportunity appears. 

I think you can sacrifice a bit more of your efficiency for duration, since duration is great for his 3 and 4

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

I think you can sacrifice a bit more of your efficiency for duration, since duration is great for his 3 and 4

Yeah, hence the idea to maybe drop streamline for something else. 
However I find even at 80% his 3 and 4 last more than long enough to get what I want. Also more spamming 21 means more forgiving stack build-up, damage and better targeted CC. 

Although I will try change it out and see if it gives desirable results ^^

58 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Mine is a very similar build, though I am a bit more forgiving on my energy reserves and on the power strength.

Since I enjoy meleeing, I have Handspring instead of your cunning drift, and Streamline instead of Primed Flow -- though I see how Primed Flow allows you to benefit much more from the Larva + Virolence combo, Streamline makes the costs overall more forgiving. -- plus Intensify instead of Transient Fortitude.

Overall, it's a rather easy frame to mod for, while still being very forgiving: Weirdly enough, he's pretty useable with few mods, and doesn't get ridiculous overpowered with maximizations.

The reason I picked Flow over efficiency is because of how it ends up functioning when you get to the snowballing part. Because maxing your energy up even with p flow is extremely easy. and at that point you could actually spam 1 in a more forgivving way becase the energy pool you have is so large.

But all in all its great having a frame with so many possible effective build paths.

6 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

The reason I picked Flow over efficiency is because of how it ends up functioning when you get to the snowballing part. Because maxing your energy up even with p flow is extremely easy. and at that point you could actually spam 1 in a more forgivving way becase the energy pool you have is so large.

But all in all its great having a frame with so many possible effective build paths.

Yes, I understood that, and honestly your thought process: Instead of compensating for possible flaws, you focused even more on the strengths. You basically specialized him even more on the snowball effect, at the expense of general dynamism; while I did the opposite.

In the end, I agree: It's great having a frame with so different possible build paths.

can someone explain the benefit of a low duration build? with actual data and facts to back up it up?

i was just nidus in an akkad with a well rounded build like yours and all the low MRs were talking S#&$ to me about how i failed because i didnt go for low duration -_-  and i checked all of them to see if they even had nidus and none of them did

so just curious if anyone has tried low dura builds yet

33 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

can someone explain the benefit of a low duration build? with actual data and facts to back up it up?

i was just nidus in an akkad with a well rounded build like yours and all the low MRs were talking S#&$ to me about how i failed because i didnt go for low duration -_-  and i checked all of them to see if they even had nidus and none of them did

Low duration (with high range) helps with recasting Larva without having to kill all enemies in the ball beforehand... but that's really all there is to it, because it utterly destroys or greatly hinders survivability with Parasitic Link and makes Ravenous health regen obsolete, even not giving Maggots enough time to hatch from their eggs.

Unless duration is not extremely low, then you could press 4 to nuke enemies around you with Maggot explosions, but why do that when you can simply detonate them with Virulence and get to keep the benefit of a health regen carpet around longer?

Edited by PsiWarp

1 hour ago, sekushiiandee said:

My build is like 80% duration, which is great because the larva is frequently recastable, but lasts long enough to clump enemies. 
Also his 3 and 4 have such insane base duration that any duration over 70% is not going to be gimping you. Of course if you want to play more supportive and make use of 4 a lot low duration is not great, but for survival I quite enjoyed the lower duration build. 

9db8e1ae03ca88886c01059cd364d714.jpg

This is currently my build. For me, I prefer having more damage at the cost of having only the base 150 energy. Like others would say, it's not very forgiving at first in terms of getting the stacks up but quickly becomes a power house to be reckon with. Along with Growing Power added and procing it. My link on an ally becomes +84% and when using Ravenous right after while the Growing Power buff is still in effect. The heal becomes 123 hp per second regen.

Edited by RavenSeeker

I will add a photo later, but I went for more of a balance build after my third Forma. My first forma went into the Aura, for Rejuvenation, and my Exilus is Coaction Drift, which at max rank gives Nidus roughly 17 health per second regeneration!

On 12/25/2016 at 7:07 PM, sekushiiandee said:

Pretty much what @PsiWarp said since some enemies might be obstructed and you don't always have time to figure out where that enemy is stuck, not to mention ancient healers seemingly protecting infested allies from being ragdolled into it as well. As said, never go full low duration though because his 3rd and 4th are very important for living

On 12/25/2016 at 5:58 AM, JohnViande said:

I'm not in-game right now so I can't be sure about the numbers, but I'm playing him with like 133% duration, 75% efficiency, 250-260% strength, 209% range, with only Vitality as a "utility" mod.

It's my second build ever (the other one being EV Trinity) where I don't use Primed Flow. I like not caring about energy.

trinity = neccesary primed flow + quick thinking guy

I'm looking at builds, and kinda worried about Transient Fortitude.  Is the 20% over Intensity worth it?  I really like have Ravenous and Link staying around for awhile, and feel like the duration really gets hurt with it.  Or am I just an idiot?

Granted, I guess the fact that the Maggots stop spawning after a set amount really hurts duration.  (Which is silly imo)

I used the Strength version for this run. Range works better for lower levels. I also use Energize + Grace on Nidus.

Spoiler

DWGaZDW.jpg

I had another run after this one going lvl 400 but a server update killed my spawn rates for 20minutes.

I never really bothered to push him further after that.