Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you guys usually bring to Sortie Defense?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

Alright, I'm asking because I usually run slow Nova on Sortie Defense runs, but I'm a bit tired of being insulted half of the times because I'm slowing down the mission(apparently giving everyone the chance to oneshot any enemy with any weapon is not good enough). 

Then, before starting today one I wondered what could I bring to be useful to the team: I thought about Ash but doesn't really fit into the "useful to the team" category, so I'm asking myself what the majority of players are welcoming in a Defense Sortie. 

What frame do you find most valuable in such a mission? 

Edited by siralextraffo

7 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

Alright, I'm asking because I usually run slow Nova on Sortie Defense runs, but I'm a bit tired insulted half of the times because I'm slowing down the mission. 

Then, before starting today one I wondered what could I bring to be useful to the team: I thought about Ash but doesn't really fit into the "useful to the team" category, so I'm asking myself what the majority of players are welcoming in a Defense Sortie. 

What frame do you find most valuable in such a mission? 

Smoke Shadow Ash is fine but at that point you might as well Ivara or Limbo.

Depends on what I'm fighting.

When it's grineer or infested and not the eximi stronghold kind I'll bring just about anything.

However if it's eximi stronghold I might bring something like a trin to counter en drain and heal the defense target.

If it's corpus?  I bring ivara, sit on the highest zipline with the best view I can manage, and as violently as possible murder the nullifiers.

Just now, siralextraffo said:

Ok to everyone suggesting Limbo, I'm not very good at him so let's say that while Limbo can protect the operator like no others, you need something else to actually finish the run. 

What do you use as "else"? 

Thing is limbo can banish enemies one at a time and murder them with something like tigris and unbanish them if the first salvo didn't do the job, it's not a fast way to clear something like a defense but it's still a method.

Limbo, is a better choice than Frost for VIP defences since you can banish him/her and sometimes yourself (to revive a teammate, escape from eximuses, etc.), but most of the time people don't want to be sent in the rift even if it makes them invincible while still being able to cast abilities. People get soooo upset if they can't pick up loot or shoot with their guns that they reject Limbo users when they try to help. 

They say "Limbo needs a rework!" but most of the time it's just because they don't like this aspect of the Rift. 

I find that the defense person really is not an issue esp since any tanky or invisible frame can revive them. But on the other hand Frost does just fine baby sitting him if that is what you want to do. Also Ivara can make him invisible which makes it pretty easy. But the healing furis is by far the most fun option imo because that guy really really wants to help you fight and its fun to watch him try so hard and also to watch him healing so much.

As far as frames that would make it faster I suppose I would say any high aoe damage frames of course. Examples: Saryn, Banshee, Equinox, Mirage, and even Chroma with an aoe weapon. And the great thing about Chroma is that he can also pick up the defense person if need be.

But really I think you should just play whatever you think is fun and not worry about what the other people think. Sometimes I even like to just take a large frame and try to body corner the defense person into a wall and hold him there just for the sake of it. Whatever you find fun at the time is what you should do as long as you don't fail the mission of course :P

Personally, I go for Trin because people in pubs usually do not bring her xD and well, she is my favorite Warframe.

Other frames I see often and I think are effective: Limbo (again, the banish), Loki damage-dealing, radial-disarming, invis-reviving guy), Nova (pretty much useful in almost every type of mission) and, as much as I hate to say this, that crazy-runner-Spamulor Mirage.

So outside solos, it's a mix of support + defense + DPS (not enough DPS=really long and painful mission...)

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Dyalar said:

I usually play Mesa and annihilate everything in sight :)

this is what I clicked on the post to say.

Vazarin focus to instant revive target fire rate crit build pistols.  30 m radius stun 95% dmg reduction shatter shield mesa obliterates these better than anything.   It's an easy solo. Speed Nova to accompany mesa is helpful.

I always take a Limbo, and I prefer to keep a Trinity on the team. The other two can be basically whatever, but damage is preferred so a Nova + Maim Equinox for a map-wide nuke is always agreeable for me. Mesa, Ash (as long as they know how to actually use him), Inaros, Excal, and Saryn are also welcome for a more experienced team. I imagine Nidus is also going to find a niche in there once that Helminth sh*t can be cured because he has excellent CC, damage, and survivability, as well as the ability to heal the Defense target.

For pugs, a Trin, Rhino (preferably with a semi-decent Stomp for short-range CC as a panic button), Frost with the new Avalanche augment, or Limbo are good choices. You'll see them pop up more often than others (though I have never encountered another Limbo in pugs, myself and basically anyone who knows anything will agree that he's the best for it). They also provide the most tangible benefits to the mission. 

Limbo modded for max duration means you won't lose. Beyond that nothing matters so take whatever frames kill the fastest.

Get Banish's duration over a minute by sacrificing range.  The only problems you will have come when you have to reapply Banish in the middle of a scrum or if idiot teammates insist on humping the target and get in the way of Banish.  Maximum duration means you will encounter these critical moments less often.

11 hours ago, siralextraffo said:

Ok to everyone suggesting Limbo, I'm not very good at him so let's say that while Limbo can protect the operator like no others, you need something else to actually finish the run. 

What do you use as "else"? 

/bold by me/

Answer: Team mates.

Since you got complains for Slowva then you're playing with others. So if there are others around and most of the time said others just want to slaughter all before them, then if you go limbo and banish yourself and the vip into the rift you're both safe while your team can go on a care free annihilation wave.

There's other really good ideas mentioned too, especially where if you're not limited in your weapons you can bring a healing Furis and give it to the vip.

Otherwise +1 to Irradiating Disarm Loki. Vauban can tie up a lot of enemies for the slaughter. And also +1 imo for Frost although he can be a bit tricky with vip defense.

I run a max efficiency build so it's easy for me to cast, shatter and relocate snow globes as the putz, er vip does his best to stay out of them. =p

But I have also played with Frosts that put up a snow globe that fails to protect the vip as he skillfully avoids staying in it and they don't shatter and relocate the globe. They'll maybe try to follow him around littering the battlefield with globes blocking friendly fire as much as enemy. And FYI, People Don't Like That ;-)

If you do decide to go the Nova route, I like to run a "null speed build" and use the Antimatter Absorb mod.

Spoiler

10FBA45847CDB7E5DD830000E9AF23450CF470E0 (1680×1050)

You can easily do this build without Quick Thinking, Primed Flow and Ice Spring, heh. Fleeting Expertise would work well for keeping costs down so they're spamable.

"Null speed" means the MP will have no speed effect at all so you can prime all the things and they will neither speed up or slow down. So that is why she has a Power Strength of 70%. 

Antimatter Absorb will soak up bullets which should help keep you and the vip safer while boosting it's damage.

I also like to pack a Tigris (Prime or Sancti) and give the AMD both barrels to get to it full charge just like that. 

Cheers and Good Hunting!
~R~

Mostly the following:

• Grineer: Mag
  • Corpus: Loki, Nekros
  • Infested: Nekros

and usually an Atterax for good measure :)

btw, Loki can teleport the operative to a save location, which is important in radiation hazard sorties or the kuva fortress defense