Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3000+ Hours later.....

3 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Yes I've used it since the changes.  even with the changes it still sucks and gets blown apart in seconds.  I went 2 hours in mot today using a SoS Nekros, and with full survivability mods (health, shields, and armor) on the thing, it was alive for maybe 15 minutes total of the run.  I can count the number of times it used fatal attraction on one hand.  Not once did it succeed in dealing its corrosive damage to anything. 

That almost never happens to me tbh and i melee for the most part. It's corrosive blast also work for me too as well. 

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

You don't see any difference ? 

Oh let me make just another fitting example:

H Neo X

H Axi   Y               VS         H T3 SURV

H Meso Z

H Axi   J     

Implying T3 Surv had more than one good part in any given prime cycle. No, when you were going out to recruiting tab, you were all after the 5.5% item that had just come out, not the four garbage 20% items

So no, it's just H T3 Surv vs H Neo Z6 Radshare

8 hours ago, Cloud said:

Clear now? ah and....

intact

flaw                      VS            nothing

rad

The only time I've seen this even remotely be a problem was this rotation, where one relic had both a Cernos part and a Valk part. Besides that, NOBODY, NOBODY does intact shares. And Flawless relics are a total scam and literally everybody who plays knows it, don't even TRY to pull THAT BS to pad your argument

19 hours ago, (PS4)twistedodean14 said:

1. I think the first thing that threw me offf was dark sector issue. Now i don't fully understand why the big pause button was pressed on it but it was fun. The community wants it back badly and has been begging for it to get going again.

2. Reworks, Sigh this one is touchy. Lets start with Excalibur (my favorite frame), when EB was first introduced Its was OP, and after  a lot of nerfs, I mean fixes EB is actually less useful than a normal melee weapon and so i never use it. I wish EB never existed. It would be nice for it to get changed to something else because there is not reason to use it over some of the other melee weapons. The other reworks work okay in my opinion.  

3. The exclusive cosmetic items in bundles. Where unless you buy the whole bundle you will miss out on 1 or 2 items. I read a lot of post and a lot of players did not like it and begged for a change, nothing was done. I can definitely see why some players see it as a cash grab.  

4. Umbra, well ill skip this one because i have nothing nice to say about it but that is just dew to my lack of patience. 

5. The second dream story was amazing lets be honest and the focus system was a really good concept but for the most part its useless. There are only a few useful techniques and the rest are just point less, The focus farming nerf was uncalled for especially since most of the schools are crappy. We were promised that it will be revisited but nothing.

6. Prime vault Issues, countless threads with a lot of suggestions from the community came up and we were ignored. I can definitely see why Some vets see it as a blatant cash grab. Some people suggested we vote with our wallets but that is obviously not going to work because of blind fan boys and girls and the love for fashion frame.

7.  I hate the new Relic system, all i see are inconsistencies,  triple the grind and triple the RNG. Forming squad to farm anything now is insanely ridiculous. Yes, playing the same mission over and over again was annoying, but that was the only thing that needed fixing!!! Let us play different missions on different levels but that's all that was needed. Keys was fine as they were and endless mission keys.... God i miss it. All i need was one key and i could farm as much parts and forma as possible. And why isn't the void destroyed? where do relics come from? I can understand that if the void was destroyed the relic system would make sense but its still here.

8. why are kubrows still almost useless? I'm not even going to go in the whole vacuum stuff...  

9. Even fashion frame is being messed with, having certain metallic parts sharing the same color section as cloth for example, it looks ugly please fix it.

10. The forums/ community, DE yes its good to have blind fan boys, But you need to start listing to players who provide constructive criticism with possible solutions. DE it was the vets spread the word and the way of the tenno and warframe exploded. I convinced 20 of my friends to get this game and they all enjoyed it up to a couple updates after the second dream They stopped playing because they did not like the way the game was going. Why are we not being listened to or catered to?

11. Sorties drop table is crap. I love the idea of the riven mod system but but damn it DE listen to Vets. 

12. the trade chat is a mess!!! i loved the eats coast and west coast separation. Combining it was Crap move.

1. Dark sectors were broken, between glitched credits and all the bs that was going on, the system needed a change.  That being said, I am looking forward to its return.

2. I have zero problems with reworks, I did have a blast when excal rework first came out, he was OP, I'm not a melee guy so steady hitting circle got old fast for me.

3.  I have no problem with exclusive bundle items either, a lot of game company's do that, and its in game currency with can be easily earned.

4. To my understand, DE really only said, he got a idea, its Umbra and its going to be a dark side to warframes.  That was it, unless I'm mistaken, everything else was the communities doing, all the hype, the chat, the questions every single week, all on us.  

5.  Yeah a lot of the focus school abilities do suck, it does need a rework.  Also hate those focus boosters as well

6. I don't really mind the primed vault either, I'm assuming they started a second rotation now so whatever, I will just keep playing the game.  If I get vaulted stuff, I get it, i'm not spending my days looking for it.

7.  I'm mixed here.  I understand the why they went with a relic system and why people like it.  I do like it, but I don't like it.  I miss my T4 interceptions.  Yes the void interception is still there, but I can't go in there and doing a 100+ waves and come out with enough prime parts to do me 3 trader visits.  Plus there is something pleasing about making it past a wave of level 9999 without going down.

8.  leveled up and put away.  ever raid I do, all you see is the dogs doing away with them selves at the tram part.  I have had enough of this, off the ledge he goes.

9. yeah we need a big improvement on the colouring system.  armor pieces need to be different, arms and legs need to be able to be different.

10.  I think the problem is most constructive criticism isn't that constructive, more along the lines of this is broken fix it.  followed by a lot of people disagreeing and agreeing followed by the one person who loses his tempter.  They have listened to us in the past.  There are something they are not going to change, and I think now that the whole TWW year is over, they will get back into it.  At least that's what I hope.

11.  You never really explained your point about listening to vets about riven mods.  I say this because I have read a lot of posts about it, in all different directions.  I'm the same boat as you, sortie rewards are nothing to me.  2 million endo, 300 plus nitain, like 40 reactors, 20 catalyst, the only thing I want out of it is Riven mods.  I did get the amprex one though which is the only one I really wanted so i'm happy all the same, just got to get a good roll.

12.  From someone who spent like 5 months in trade tab and ran out of trades every day, SoTR killed chat for me, our market crashed.  I really used to enjoy trading.  I still post there every now and then.  I didn't mind the merger I think they did it because the player base kinda dropped off after SoTR.  

I do enjoy this game, as someone with somewhere around 4500 on here, I do really enjoy it, I not at the point you are at.  They do have to make some improvements though.  Bringing a new dark sector system back would be step one.  Bring on the Alliance wars.

On 02/01/2017 at 8:48 PM, ConzyFTW said:

Mind explaining how using vacuum makes you a bad player? Not wanting to suicide in end game missions to grab life support or wanting to spend time in missions that I could spend KILLING things doesn't make me bad at the game, it simply means I don't want to run around like a headless chicken picking up loot that should already be picked up by default. All warframes should have vacuum as a precept to them, that way kubrows and kavats can actually be worth using. That or they could allow us to use both a kubrow/kavat and a sentinel at the same time.

Using it doesn't make you a bad player at all. Relying on it does.

I mean the people who whinge and whine and "can't" play the game without having vacuum on. Like, sure it's nice and helpful, but if you aren't skillful enough to ride a bike without training wheels, you shouldn't really have the right to complain to the bike company that every bike have training wheels permanently installed.

Happy New Year to you as well! 2000 hours and sharing my feedback as well

1. Can't comment too much on Dark Sector, wasn't around or didn't participate before the armistice. Although Steve has mentioned multiple times it is being worked on

2. I too favor Excalibur greatly and would rather Exalted Blade not be removed. Not sure how you are modding yours but it is still a very powerful ability (I too was skeptical after the wave nerf). I still handle sortie 3 and Kuva flood enemies with little resistance and enjoy the ability greatly, it's probably my favorite one. The reworks to Nekros is probably my favorite of the year, I tend to pick up and use frames more often after reworks and generally favor the reworked version. 

3. I agree, I don't see why it can't be available separately or together discounted at the bundle price. It's probably done to make the bundle more attractive for purchase. Personally since I have a tendency to just buy update bundles anyways it doesn't affect me but it still is unnecessary overall and is a valid point 

4. People have hyped Excalibur Umbra alot and as much as I'd like to see progress in this field I'll reserve comment and judgement as to not get myself all bent out of sorts. I can be patient 

5. I SEVERELY dislike the Focus and Operator powers. It is unpolished, clunky, and overly useless. Most of the powers are useless and the ones that are good are too good. Most is rehashed warframe powers or mods. I look forward to Scott "taking a sledgehammer" to these systems and creating a more polished finished product.

6. I've never taken too much issue with Prime Access, the game has to generate income and having a 3 month program for a new set of items is fine with me. The only time I've had issue is with Vault re-openings where old packs are for purchase but if you don't have 1 of the items (usually the cosmetic) you have to pay full price for it and recieve duplicate frames and gear. Truth be told cosmetics in most games are usually cash and it's alot better then in other games where it's the latest gear or weapons that are solely locked behind money with no free alternative whatsoever.

7. I actually like the new relic system alot more but it does have its drawback. I find I get what I want alot quicker and in less tries than void key system. I like that I can play in more tilesets and with more diversity. The only gripe I really have with this system is the needing to gather the new relics. Void traces are very easy to get, I don't find it tedious, I'd rather play fissure missions regularly to get more rewards for doing different things. I find I have max void traces, lots of ducats, and alot more fun instead of "well, off to farm void".  It's not a farm for me to get traces/ducats, it's just playing the game. I love fissure defenses and excavations the most. I love endless now with the bonuses applied per round as well as getting prime parts, traces, regular mission rewards, etc. When I play with friends we often check fissure missions first to see if anything interesting is up.

8. I don't like kubrows at all, never have but I really like the Helminth Charger and Kavats. I also like that my Prisma Shade can use vacuum.

9. Can't comment too much on

10. We are being listened too, it's just a matter of finding a good mix of the two. You can't call everyone that doesn't agree with you a blind fan boy if they genuinely disagree and like a certain feature, function, etc. Constructive feedback is always great and all but you also can't expect to be served everything you want. Why should you be so special as for them to only "cater" to your needs when DE had their own ideas and plans and have to consider the community as a whole including those who may like a certain aspects that you do not.

11. I also do not like the sortie prize pool. I do not like having lenses as prizes for sortie. I'm on the fence about fully built forma/exilus. Mostly do it for riven mod, chance at legendary core, and 4000 endo. I just really don't like lens. I suppose random booster is barely alright if you don't normally run boosters. 

12. I don't really see too much of a difference 

You make some good points, some I don't agree on. It's really up to the players interest and expierience in the game. 

Cheers nonetheless

If I really have to pick something to give DE feedback on its half finished systems and features. Stuff like the focus system, operator powers, helminth charger animations, etc.

Edited by Vindicative

On 1/2/2017 at 7:16 AM, Cloud said:

-snip-

Alright, I'm going to go off here.

You have way more control over your results than the old keys ever did. Every key was basically an intact relic but without any applicable modifiers to increase drop chance. And the key names obviously don't have specific game types applied anymore because they're more flexible/randomized. Tower names were just swapped, Axi - T4, Neo - T3, Meso - T2, Lith - T1 which still shows up in the mission pre-load screen as their tower names, and the letters are taken from their rarest drops which you can actually view now instead of having to look it up. Having to remember individual key names is negligible when it's right there in the game. Hosting keys, assuming you're not admitting you weren't some pathetic leech can still be hosted the same way, just there's no need for it now that there's matchmaking for it and you need some dummy key to put in to qualify for the reward. They also effectively eliminated players going awol with reactants.

Only real downside is the goldrush for newer relics since keys aren't universal anymore which leads to farming relics, which you did back with tower keys anyways because all the good drops were in the capture, and exterminate because they were the easiest to burn through. Though on the opposite end of the spectrum stockpiles of keys will now have vaulted primes in circulation much longer than they ever did. And relic farming is easily exploitable with syndicates which besides sorties are pretty much the only daily missions available in the game.

For ****s sake this feels like one of those infomercials where the guy spills all his popcorn and soda all over himself cause he just can't do two things at once.

Happy new year, as a veteran (started playing over three years ago) here's my thoughts on the points you bring up:

1. Dark Sectors were PvP. I see no evidence that the community wants it back since over 90% of the players doesn't even play PvP. People want *something* (preferably not PvP-related) to be done with it though, more likely because it's another thing that was introduced, tossed and then not revisited for aeons than because they like the Dark Sector gameplay itself.

2. I don't like Exalted Blade myself, but alas Super Jump was made redundant by Parcours 2.0 (as was Zephyr but the final blow to Zephyrs kit was arguably dealt by Nullifiers). Overall as long as they keep iterating on these changes I can live with the occasional slip up.

3. I strongly dislike this, it's been an issue since I started playing and as long as they think they can make more money trying to force people to buy the bundles they will. This ties in to the entire trade system where people spend others' plat and so have less issues spending it on useless things because they don't have to pay for it directly. (and are seemingly incapable of understanding how this kind of "economy" works)

4. Umbra will likely suck, not as a frame, but because they need to make up some reason for his existence that somewhat makes sense. Given how DE hasn't even managed to be somewhat consistent with their lore now that they supposedly started focusing on it after Second Dream (and they even give signals that they don't even care, what with [DE]Rebecca's statement about Valkyr Prime being based on "classic" Valkyr being a good choice, withotu any form of justification for doing so) I don't have high hopes.

5. Agree partially. The few abilities that are not useless are game breakingly so (eg. the power regen) and to make matters worse DE seems to have started balancing the about these.

6. Prime Vault was supposed to be temporary, but they smelled money, which I wouldn't hold against them if not for a bunch of other issues.

7. The Relic system, combined with Baro the Abomination just increased the grind. Moreover you can't even prepare for an unvaulting anymore, making #6 even worse than it already was. Nothing much changed about getting keys but the Relic missions themselves are utterly boring rushfests and you just need to do so many of them to be able to upgrade keys. (but hey, you get crap to burn for Baro, right?)

In general the Relic system has made soloing for Prime parts seriously disadvantageous since the drop chance of an un-upgraded relic is lower than a Key in the old system (and you only get one shot at an item per mission, so running 60min solo T4 survivals for 3 chances at a rare rotation C item? Nope). I always hated recruiting chat, but having every "Void" mission turned into an Alert-style rushfest with little chance of success if far forse it turns out.

8. Because they're not, though I mostly use Kubrows/Kavats with high armor frames. I'm not exactly convinced that tying their stats to the Warframe was a good plan, but it somewhat works and serves to not make sentinels entirely redundant. And Vacuum is overrated, seriously. If anything I'd vote for getting rid of it entirely, Warframe's already have a rather large pickup radius (yes, it's been increased a few times) and getting rid of it might convince teams to actually act like a team again for a change and stick closer.

9. The biggest problem with fashionframe in my eyes is that each round of Tennogen seems to be a full Euro more expensive than the last. I'm sorry, but prices of the last round are so ridiculous that I'm not even considering it anymore. Sure the artists did a great job, but 4 Tennogen items buys me a pretty decent meal in a real restaurant (y'know: soup, steak + fries + veggies, bottle of wine...).

10. DE seems to be rather selective of who they listen to. But those they do seem to listen to certainly seem to be out of touch with what made this game great for many of us old timers.

11. Riven mods are crap, this is not Diablo or Borderlands (or The Division, which also has RNG weaponry I think?). There is a reason people play this game and not the others, trying to turn this in the others by taking all their worst bits (daily quests, "temporary content", random stats,...) and pushing them into Warframe certainly isn't going to win over many new players and is bound to lose many of those that liked the game for what it was.

12. Trading was arguably the beginning of the game's "decline" (not trying to be dramatic, couldn't find a better word as non-native speaker). Now every new mechanic seems to be "balanced" around "but you can trade for it" and every mistake excused by "if you don't like it, you can get it by trading". If anything it allows DE to get away with more and make players point and say "but you can just trade for it", of course like the platinum in the trade economy materialized from thin air.

Moreover it's allowed many people to just bypass the game's progression (such as it was) by just buying their way to top tier gear. Thus killing the challenge after which they come to the forums complaining that there is no "endgame".

Personal thoughts:

The reason why I started playing and ended up investing in the game (by becoming a Founder) is because the game never forced anything upon you. If you didn't play for a few weeks that was OK. You got back, picked up your gear and got going again. If you didn't miss an event (for which emails were and are sent out anyway) you were never at a disadvantage no matter how much or how little you played. Sure people would get the latest and greatest before you, but you were never locked out of anything.

Then Frost Prime got Vaulted.

Since then various mechanics have been introduced to try to "force" people to play regularly (or even daily): there is the daily login reward, which puts you at a very real disadvantage if you are way behind whether you care about any of the weapons or primed mods doesn't matter: logging in every single day is required to not fall behind here.

Then there were Sorties, basically daily quests. You know what burned me out of WoW? Being forced to do un-fun things (like daily quests) to stay competitive resulting in no longer having the time for the things I considered fun in the game. They turned the game into a job. Sorties attempt to do the same, so far DE hasn't succeeded as the rewards offered by Sorties aren't enticing enough that I feel forced to do them (yet), but it's clear that where they want to go.

Then there's Riven mods, who expand on the Sorties to make it all worse (since you're now also forced to farm Kuva). One of the great things about Warframe was the equality in the gear landscape. Sure some mods could be seriously painful to acquire (especially if you try to avoid trading at all costs, like me) but once you got them you had the same power at your disposal as everybody else with the same mods, no matter how long or short they'd been playing. Riven mods upset this balance, which I believe is a bad thing on its own. Sure, you don't "need" them, so you can ignore them, for now. But how long is that going to last? These mods make OP gear even more OP (even though no longer by as much as when they were introduced), how long before these things will be factored into balancing?

But clearly the main reason to add riven mods is that the RNG will drive min-maxers to Trade chat. So basically they destroyed the stability and arguably very nature of the mod system to make money. And then people wonder why many long time players are all up in arms.

But hey, the core gameplay is still fun, so even though I've been playing far less since TWW release I'm not putting down the Lato Prime, not just yet. But I am very worried about the direction the game's been taking.

PS.: the forum software really does get in the way of having a decent discussion. Being able to properly handle quotes should be considered a bare minimum in this day and age...

Edited by marelooke
spelling