Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons in this game feel the most satisfying to you?

Jackviator

No, I'm not asking what weapons are most effective, otherwise we'd have a thread full to the brim with Synoid Simulors, (BLORP BLORP BLORPS) Telos Boltaces (Spin2Win personified) and Tonkors (Tonkadonks). No, I'm not looking for "meta" stuff. 

I just wanna know what people find the most satisfying when using it. What weapon just feels downright amazing to use, regardless of how actually effective they are?

For me, hands down, that goes to a very select set of things: First, Snipers. They're about the worst weapon choice for such a horde-modeish game and they have a multitude of design flaws, but the satisfying CRACK of my Vulkar Wraith's firing noise, and the satisfaction of watching it disintegrate a lvl 100 heavy gunner's skull in one shot is always a great feeling.

220?cb=20160209150222

Second: the Redeemer. It's not the best weapon in the world by a long shot, but it can restore all my health in one channeled, Life-Striked shot, it has a great firing noise, the screen-shake sells the sheer power of the shots you fire, and, well...

It is a motherf***ing shotgun-sword. That's all that needs to be said about that.

latest?cb=20151127181130

Third: the Jat Kittag. Yeah, it's pretty effective on its own, damage-wise, but I don't care about its damage. I care about the fact that I can slam down on enemies from 50 feet above and ragdoll anything within what feels like at least 30 feet.

latest?cb=20140206061957

Anyhow, what about the rest of you? What weapons do you like to use, even if they're not particularly "meta?"

Edited by Jackviator

i love the Cernos prime, it just feels great to fire a bow with so many arrows into a crowd and to have it kill a ton of enemies with punchthrough and with the amount of arrows, bummer that the damage doesn't make up for the slow reload and charge though

I love my secura penta. I love be able to set traps with it when using adhesive blast. And its cool how sticking someone causes it to have DoT ticks, which with a high blast status chance causes them to keep being knocked down, thus keeping any heavy in check

Phage and Supra for me.

Phage because it's awesome to kill whole groups of enemies as they try to go through a door, and I love its design, and Supra for roughly the same reasons. Also, the firing sound of the Supra is great, and the huge loader combined with the shiny bullets make me feel powerful when I try to snipe a group of enemies just by filling the whole room with orange lights.

There are many others, like the Torid, Amprex, Gorgon, Synapse, etc. Any weapon that no-one uses but are still good enough, actually.

Gotta love the Vaykor Hek. The bang is super satisfying. Plus, since I mainly run as valkyr, I love casually walking up to an enemy, taking my time to shove the barrel right in their face, and blasting them across the map.

Also galatine prime. Because I was raised on anime and giant swords are my lifeblood.

Edited by Omnijack

Stradavar - the Tenno typewriter, if you know what I mean. It's not the most powerful thing in existence but it's so satisfying mowing down groups. The sound, the fire rate and reload are some of my favorite characteristic of the weapon. Now if I could only get a riven mod for it...

Edited by (XB1)DomTheKilleur

Castanas, it's so hilarious to cover enemies in those "decorations" from stealth and then watch them die. 

Boltor, let physics take a vacation and turn enemies into wall-pinning missiles. 

Zenistar, with high blast, status and range it becomes a portable ring of excellent CC. Nothing can literally withstand it. 

1. Strun Wraith. I love it for good old shotgun reload mechanics. I also got a riven for it

2. Azima. It's mechanics. You can shoot your incredibly big magazine at the hoard, OR throw the magazine into it.

3. Vulkar Wraith. That shooting sound is music to my ears, also it's the #1 Sniper Rifle in my opinion. 

4. Soma Prime. My first and best prime weapon ever. I have no assault rifle I can compare to this masterpiece.

5. Javlok. Pretty nice weapon at all, but I love these idle animations (especially Limbo Agile, Zephyr Noble, Mesa Noble), and every weapon class should have their personal too.

6. Ack and Brunt. Satisfying to use with Final Harbringer stance.

Amprex - Frying everything in the room with a satisfying electric sizzle never gets old.

Boltor Prime - The heavy firing sound has quite the punch to it. Actually sounds like it's going to cause serious damage. Watching enemies fly is a bonus.

Lex Prime - Boom boom. He dead.

Nikana Prime - Grorious Nippon steelu.

Tigris Prime - The slash proc festival that just annihilates everything in the game.

Torid: It's actually pretty good if you mod it right, just the DoT can take 2-3 ticks, more at 80+, and your team typically won't wait even if you shoot something and keep moving.

Grinlok:  I mean come on, single shot assault rifle with massive ammo pool.  Accurate in both hip fire and long range.  I enjoy using the weapon, just disappointed that it sucks for most hordes.

Orthos Prime:  The reach and AoE on it, is just freaking awesome.  Yes, i'll hit an enemy in the floor above me please, hack him in half from a full 8 foot under him.

And i don't know that you'd count it as a 'weapon', but the sentinel's vulklok, specifically on the diriga.  I've seen that sucker one shot 60's mobs, and throwing radiation on it can be pretty satisfying as it snipes something across the map and either kills or it radiates it which will wreak havoc at that distance in hordes.

Bows/Snipers - something about lining up the shot just feels good

Glaives - just because it can bounce around and hit a bunch of enemies 

MK-1/Braton/prime - just because the weapon bring back memories of when i first started the game and using the prime lets me feel the progression of my journey in warframe