Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge: Aim Glide, Headshot Kills, and HDK.

ThatDemon

Question

3sa8QAD.png

Ok, so I sorta feel like I got shafted with this mod, as I've attempted it for the past few hours with many different methods to no avail. Does anybody have a solution for this?

I've tried Vauban with Bastille, Zephyr + 90% glide in low grav Nightmare, Akstilleto into a vortex, etc etc, with no good results. It may just be down to the terrible hit reg with pistols, but I've yet to find a decent solution. This is also the fourth / fifth riven mod I've had in a row that required a Hobbled Dragon Key, one of which was even to get 12 consecutive headshots with a shotgun while aim gliding, using a hobbled key.

17 answers to this question

Throw on some exilus mods that help aim-glide, grab an auto type secondary (preferably Akstiletto Prime with a 100% status build) and head to an Earth endless (excavation or defense) and wait for enemies to group up ... 

Already tried it, didn't work. Had Patagium, nearly every Bullet Jump mod and so on available to use, and no combination of them has worked so far - it's partly a combination of the hit reg and the fact that I seem to dip real fast out of the glide after about 2-3 seconds with HDK equipped, for apparently no reason.

A) Shots don't need to be done with a pistol.

B) Low gravity mission. Sabotage (magnetic ending), nightmare, both good.
B2) Zephyr can help, ymmv.

C) Multi-tier tiles. Corpus ship has a couple good ones.
Stand on a lower tier, jump up, headshot enemies on higher tier - now right in front of you.

Try this

video is for rifle riven but same can be applied with pistol. Your akstiletto is perfect for this.
Gunslinger + Lethal Torrent + Anemic Agility + Pressurized Magazine can increase fire rate.
Steady Hands to reduce recoil.
Pistol Pestilence + Pathogen Rounds for toxin damage

question to somebody who tried this:

Do you HAVE to use the exact weapon that has the riven mod equipped for these type of challenges or simply having it on you is enough and you can still use your primary to unlock the mod?

Edited by MystMan

I had the same challenge, what worked for me was equipping zephyr for lower gravity,  a rifle or secondary with punch through, going into a survival with grineer asteroid base tileset and waiting in one of these pipes until there were 5-6 enemies in a row, then jumping and quickly aim-gliding and shooting at head height. A bit tricky to pull off because the aim glide will not last long, but way easier for me than trying to snipe different enemies in an open tileset. 

Edited by bluepheonix13

@ThatDemon

I've gotten this riven like 6 times. Zephyr + Mobilize + Zenurik Focus. I go to low level void exterminate with Sybaris modded serration, fire rate, elemental dmg, crit. no multishot, punch through or accuracy lowering mods. Find a really high spot and wait for some enemies to gather. Pop zenurik to suspend them in the air then jump off the high area and aim glide and hope you get your 3 headshots. Make sure you kill shield drones, and ancient healers. To shoot a moa with a headshot you have to shoot it in its "hip" where the legs meet not where the gun is. Butchers and the corpus nerds are pretty easy shots.

@MystMan Thanks for the mod setup idea, just set up my Akstilleto Prime with it and it's doing the job, but now I'm at another impasse - it's just no longer counting headshots of any kind, no matter what I do. Before when I landed a headshot, it would count up 1/3, 2/3 etc and then reset to 0 when I failed. Now it just doesn't count at all.

Also, it does seem to include kills with the primary, so I imagine it's just a universal 'Get 3 headshot kills' and not 'Get 3 pistol headshot kills'.

@xXRiomaXx I'll attempt that when I get my hands on a Zenurik Lens - currently don't have one and haven't done any investment into the Zenurik Tree.

And in general, every time I find a perfect group of loads of enemies, I just apparently never land headshots because even with no damage amplifying mods, everything dies too fast or there aren't any headshots being registered which is throwing me off it.

I do these challenges with Ivara and the amprex.  Ivara can gather a crowd that just stands still with noise arrow and the amprex chains from one enemy to the next so there isn't any complicated aiming involved.  A quick double jump straight up into a glide straight down and shoot one guy in the face.  The setup takes care of guy #2 and guy #3.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I do these challenges with Ivara and the amprex.  Ivara can gather a crowd that just stands still with noise arrow and the amprex chains from one enemy to the next so there isn't any complicated aiming involved.  A quick double jump straight up into a glide straight down and shoot one guy in the face.  The setup takes care of guy #2 and guy #3.

I actually thought about using the Amprex when I had this challenge but assumed it would be a disaster (Ended up with Zephyr with augment and Zhuge) Nice to know for the next time.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:30 PM, (PS4)auwsomestgamer said:

Got this one as well. Go to corpus survival (Jupiter the best - Carpo I think), with high-dmg secondary (I used Lex). Find one of the vents and you can 'aim glide' forever. Hope you get it :)

This. I've done 3 similar Rivens doing this. Even as a Rhino once. As long as you hold the aim button it's still an aim glide even after the slow-mo effect ends.

There is much talk here.  But I can summarize it quickly.  Just FYI - I am on PS4.

This Challenge.... is Evil.  Pure Evil.  Like Satan himself in a challenge-form.  Prince of Darkness Evil.

OR, to put it another way.... I did Every Single Thing listed here.  Every....Single.... Thing.... (except the "Cursor" video man must have been on a PC - we have no cursor on PS4).  I have logged over 300 days of play, MR 16.

After TWO HOURS I could get two out of three head shots regularly, 2/3, with all kinds of weapons, but never EVER that third head shot.  Not with any gun, not with any Frame.  Not on any map, not in tunnels, not from above, not in updrafts. Not in a box, not with some socks.  Not on a plane, not on a train.  I could not get that 3rd headshot Sam-I-Am, I could not eat green eggs and ham.

Sooooooo.... Here is my Advice.  This veiled Riven sold in the Trade Chat for 45 plat.  I had TWO offers to buy faster than I had time to set the controller down after I posted the listing, "WTS Veiled Pistol Mod 45p."

I pity the poor soul who bought it from me.  So sad.

Satan is accumulating people's lives in Two Hour increments.

(*p.s. this is the Xmas Fruit Cake of Rivens - it will be sold over and over, given to the next person...and the next....and the next.....*)  :D

(*p.p.s. In case you have no sense of humor, this has been satire.  But I would still like those two hours of my life back.*)

Edited by (PS4)BMWWOW

On 1/3/2017 at 5:39 AM, ThatDemon said:

3sa8QAD.png

Ok, so I sorta feel like I got shafted with this mod, as I've attempted it for the past few hours with many different methods to no avail. Does anybody have a solution for this?

I've tried Vauban with Bastille, Zephyr + 90% glide in low grav Nightmare, Akstilleto into a vortex, etc etc, with no good results. It may just be down to the terrible hit reg with pistols, but I've yet to find a decent solution. This is also the fourth / fifth riven mod I've had in a row that required a Hobbled Dragon Key, one of which was even to get 12 consecutive headshots with a shotgun while aim gliding, using a hobbled key.

i had it last week.

used loki. low level defense. disarm everyone.jump and spray

it took me 4 waves