The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus really needs to get reworked

Knight_Ex

3 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

However, I do get that Nidus should still have SOME consequence for entering said bubbles, so I have a counteroffer: When Nidus is inside a nullifier bubble, his stacks do not give any of their normal passive buffs, nor can he enter undying while in a nullifier bubble. This accomplishes the same thing (making nullifiers something to be feared), while also making nullifiers not unfairly weighted against nidus specifically.

It's funny because often times inside a Nullifier's bubble is the safest place to be. No bullets or bombard rockets and hit you there and the Nullifier himself s*cks badly at aiming in close quarters.

6 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

However, I do get that Nidus should still have SOME consequence for entering said bubbles, so I have a counteroffer: When Nidus is inside a nullifier bubble, his stacks do not give any of their normal passive buffs, nor can he enter undying while in a nullifier bubble. This accomplishes the same thing (making nullifiers something to be feared)

eec.jpg

Before this, Nidus was just the best warframe period, so I'm glad he got a nerf. Maybe I can stop having people hit top dps by pressing 1 and 4 without moving, as well as being literally immortal as long as they spam 1.

Edited by Daggerpaw1

9 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Slide into nullifier bubble, press E while sliding, nullifier dead, no stacks lost.

No issue.

Just tried it. Went in and lost 3 stacks againt to a level 25 null when smacking him with a melee,  took me approximately 2 sec to kill.

Stack lost.

Just now, Fast_98 said:

Just tried it. Went in and lost 3 stacks againt to a level 25 null when smacking him with a melee,  took me approximately 2 sec to kill.

Stack lost.

Not what happens when I use my Galatine Prime, I slide in, press E, and then continue the slide while the nully drops dead.

30 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Slide into nullifier bubble, press E while sliding, nullifier dead, no stacks lost.

No issue.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Then shoot them?? Also I don't know if you have the Zenistar but it's alt fire is also good for shrinking bubbles. Again and final time. Still not seeing a problem. 

There can be 8-12 nullies in high level sortie survival in one room at the time. By the time you and your teammates get rid of all of them the same amount spawns and swarms you again. It's not the same situation as your level 30 survivals where you barely see any of them simultaneously.

But then again why am I even arguing with you people about this, you are literally defending the most unfun aspect of corpus games, tied with the millions of sapper ospreys swarming you (which you can't exactly kill when the whole area is protected by nullifier bubbles.) They need to be removed, not stood up for, this is insane.

Also, last guy, not everyone has the Zenistar or likes using it. Be more considerate instead of being condescending.

Edited by Separius
typos

6 minutes ago, Daggerpaw1 said:

Before this, Nidus was just the best warframe period

Wut. 
Frames like Nova and Frost far outshine him for CC and defence, mirage for pure damage dealing (and in much more flexible ways too) and let's not even talk about spy and such. 

He was the best at long survivals and infested defence. 
Which is fine. 
I had much easier times using Ivara, Frost or Mirage for sorties than Nidus, anything non-endless even getting to a strong point can be finicky.  

4 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Not what happens when I use my Galatine Prime, I slide in, press E, and then continue the slide while the nully drops dead.

Yeah good luck with that vs lvl 80-100 nullifiers, especially with tonnes of them constantly respawning en masse.

your only seeing one aspect of the picture. and your just thinking oh that frame is killing stuff way faster then my frame. NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! seriously do you people ever get tired of complaining about something and trying to ruin peoples fun?

Edited by maddragonmaster
happy now?

3 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Don't know was using my gas lesion in the simulator. Maybe a bug?

Not sure, could be, anyhow, it still doesn't seem all that bad of a change to me, admittedly I have to actually test it with my Nidus, what I said about my Galatine Prime is mostly my usual experience on the frames I normally play, even in sorties I find the ''slide into bubble, press e'' the quickest way to get rid of one or more nullies.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

What were his nerfs? DE literally said in a stream hes fine and now they nerf him.

'Twas less of a nerf-gunnification and more of a "fixed a glitch where an effect that wasn't happening happens now.". Simply put, Nydus' mutation stacks begin dieing when under the effects of a Nullifier sphere. He retains his effectiveness against grins and Fested, fairs moderately well against the corrupted, and needs to be more tactically-minded when fighting Corpus.

Edited by Unus

5 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

What were his nerfs? DE literally said in a stream hes fine and now they nerf him.

It's not a nerf. Only big change was his stacks decaying while in the nullifier now. Well that and his undying phase now consume 15 stacks instead of 10.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

5 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

your only seeing one aspect of the picture. and your just thinking oh that frame is killing stuff way faster then my frame. NERF! NERF! NERF! NERF! seriously do you people ever get tired of complaining about something and trying to ruin peoples fun.

Considering you ended you question with a period rather than a question mark I think we both know the answer to that. I'm looking forward to when Ember finally gets nerfed. It'll happen, just wait for it... probably once her Deluxe Skin drops. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Nidus Changes & Fixes

• Increased the base health of Nidus’ Maggots to 1k.
  • Increased Nidus’ Mutation Stack consumption from 10 to 15 when knocked into a bleedout state/death. The task of regaining 10 Stacks is quickly obtainable, making this consequence for dying too light. Although 15 Stacks is not a huge jump, we’re hoping it’s closer to that sweet spot! 
  • Entering a Nullifier bubble will now drain down Mutation Stacks the longer you are in the bubble. 
  • To increase the visibility of Nidus' Maggots, holding down Nidus’ Virulence will now display a HUD marker on them. Keep in mind that casting Virulence on Maggots cause them to detonate!
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots no longer auto detonate when feasting on enemies. Previously the Maggots could do a majority of the grunt work and you were able to watch the carnage and gain Stacks at the same time. Now to pop the Maggots you’ll need to cast Virulence on them and rejoice in your hard earned Stack accumulation. It’s also worth noting that with testing by our team, the Stack rhythm before and after this change wasn’t noticed at all. 
  • Improved the FX of Maggot explosion to better represent the intended area of explosion.
  • Nidus’ Ravenous Maggots will still attack but no longer latch on other Infested Maggots or Kuva Jesters due to awkward animations.  
  • Fixed FX, Maggots, & Health regeneration while in Ravenous staying around forever if cast by a Client who leaves.

Just now, Unus said:

and needs to be more tactically when fighting Corpus.

Which means against any corpus levels where you see more than 3 high level nullies in a room, he needs to be put away for another frame. Maybe another simulor mirage, that handles those bubbles nicely! 

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

It's not a nerf.

Just now, (Xbox One)Cash201293 said:

Only big change was his stacks decaying while in the nullifier now. Well that and his undying phase now consume 15 stacks instead of 20.

You contradict yourself within the same post.

5 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Not sure, could be, anyhow, it still doesn't seem all that bad of a change to me, admittedly I have to actually test it with my Nidus, what I said about my Galatine Prime is mostly my usual experience on the frames I normally play, even in sorties I find the ''slide into bubble, press e'' the quickest way to get rid of one or more nullies.

Yeah I just checked it out and from what I find out it 1 stack per second so not that bad, beside nidus can't use his 1 in bubbles before so you always avoided them. 

His change from 10 to 15 is okay in my opinion for death consumption. 

Only one I'm lost on is his maggot change? So far on haven't noticed much difference when using them.