Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus really needs to get reworked

Knight_Ex

24 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Nidus is the ONLY WARFRAME that can't enter a nulifier bubble to kill it. My loadout was Nidus, spira, dread and hirudo. It was apparent on the 2nd mission.

Wukong loses Defy and Primal Fury, so not only is he vulnerable he's forced into a weapon change animation so he can't even attack. Arguably, he has it worst.

Loki has 0 survivability in a nullifier bubble, you might as well kiss their toes and beg for mercy because your paper thin body has no place in that bubble.

Nezha, Rhino. The list goes on.

If anything I'd say Nidus is one of the few frames that can comfortably walk into a nullifier bubble and smack them without fear of dying.

3 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

I didn't actually measure :P some people are saying its more.

Ill change that too. When I got sapped the first time though I was standing still reviving someone.

]\'[

I just tested it, it does indeed seem to be about stack a second, it's really not all that huge. You have to be pretty much permanently in a bubble for it to do much.

When I was reading the patch notes I was like

giphy7a36b.gif

After playing him for awhile

giphy.gif

It's not that bad.  It could be worse where you loose a WHOLE stack at a time.  Right now it's just a tick off every 2(?) seconds (seems that way) but you gain that back and plus some after you kill him and use Virulence on the few guys around him.  I thought Ravenous was a little overpowered anyways, just gaining mad stacks left and right.  The change with Undying... IDK yet, I think it maybe a little tricky but really if you're dying that much you seriously need to rethink your build/play style.  Instead of just stomping through a mission like it's nothing getting bored it just might add a little tactical fun.

There's bigger gripes..   if u don't mod for efficiency or extra energy power on Nidus u can't even do the first ability to gain stacks making him completly useless in energy reduction mission sorties ( well not useless u can still use the 2nd ability I guess)

Edited by Khratos26

Just now, hatchetman said:

When I was reading the patch notes I was like

giphy7a36b.gif

After playing him for awhile

giphy.gif

It's not that bad.  It could be worse where you loose a WHOLE stack at a time.  Right now it's just a tick off every 2(?) seconds (seems that way) but you gain that back and plus some after you kill him and use Virulence on the few guys around him.  I thought Ravenous was a little overpowered anyways, just gaining mad stacks left and right.  The change with Undying... IDK yet, I think it maybe a little tricky but really if you're dying that much you seriously need to rethink your build/play style.  Instead of just stomping through a mission like it's nothing getting bored it just might add a little tactical fun.

tbh its the same as before just that his ult doesn't really have a place anymore? its healing isn't that good and now that maggots don't do whatever they where doing before the damage is kinda weird but you dont get as many stacks now either... i would like to see it steal health to boost the healing pad thing tbh

6 minutes ago, Reedfish said:

now as stacks gained are buggy and you only get one from a enemy dying even if like 3 maggots explode on them and even then it doesn't give you stacks sometimes.

...great. -.- Can you please post this in the bug forums if you haven't already? We really should get DE to undo the changes to his 4, the other nerfs were ok, but this needs to be reverted.

1 minute ago, Khratos26 said:

There's bigger gripes..   if u don't mod for efficiency on Nidus u can't even do the first ability to gain stacks making him completly useless in  lower energy mission sorties ( well not useless u can still use the 2nd ability I guess)

that can be done with Flow, it'l have enough energy pool to cast 1 and 2

19 minutes ago, Separius said:

Really? That's why you like letting people rant? That's so cool. 

Good for you! Though theorycrafting does consider expected outcomes through analyzing game mechanics without actually doing so in practise, but we found out it wasn't the case with you, as you do have experience with Nidus! That's great! I'm glad we settled this, have a nice day!

No. Way to miss the point again.

The point: you neex experience with Nidua to know how hell play.

Proof? Me playing Nidus for the first time played out exactly as i read watched and simulated.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Proof? Me playing Nidus for the first time played out exactly as i read watched and simulated.

Who is Nidua?😂

I will back to my Nova p and other popular frames after this Nerf. Before this patch I use nidus as my main solo frame and try to make him as my main. Right now , no point for me to do this as :

1 He as a solo one is not as easy as I imaged or compared to other frames. Such as Valkyr, Inaros.

2. After a long time solo game and this nerf, I found that no point for me to play the game in an ineffective way while face unfair treatment.

I am also glad that people make it clear that this is NERF to Nidus.

In other forums, The most ridiculous theory is :

“ Oh Nidus got a buff ,as his little worm from 4 got hp buff. Other nerf wont have any bad affect on him at all."

Such a troll!  

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

That's nice! I'm happy for you, well done!

Edited by Separius

1 hour ago, Separius said:

That's nice. Now if you could stop downplaying the issues with these nerfs just because of you being annoyed by some doomsayers, that'd be nicer.

Their gamestyle is somehow related to how you are not having problem with nullies? Sound reasoning lmao.

You wanna know why people hate nullifiers? Because they were put in the game to stop Mag, Excal, Trinity affinity farmers on Viver an old corpus, interception map. That combo earned better affinity than old Draco farming, DE didn't like that, obviously and they nerfed all 3 of them which caused huge backlash so they went back on them (at least then) and added Nullifiers.

With that being said, they don't belong in normal gameplay. They are unfun to play against, sure they are managable but they are UNFUN to deal with, I don't play a game to be frustrated by unfun things, I play games to have fun. Call me insane because of that, I don't care. There is difference between challenge like dealing with bombards and the unfun poop that is nullifiers.

Reminder that this is a horde shooter, not a "go out of your way to kill a bad solution to affinity farming being a problem so that you can actually go back to shooting hordes" simulator.

Or Nullifiers were put in the game to actually add a little challenge. We steamroll every single enemy that's thrown at us, including Nullifiers. And every time DE tries to add something that gives us a challenge, people cry and scream about how suddenly they can't handle it. After watching these forums for 4 years, I've come to realize that's how this playerbase has evolved into over time. It's depressing. The fact that people still scream bloody murder when a warframe like Nidus is just SLIGHTLY hindered by Nullifiers proves my point.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but in theory the changes sound like a small nerf at most. If you kill nullies quickly it shouldn't affect you much. If you build up a truly large amount of stacks the extra cost for undying shouldn't really be a problem. 

And if you are using proper ability combo's, the nerf to the maggots really shouldn't affect how fast you get your stacks up. 

I was afraid of something like with Inaros where they actually take all stacks away. Draining them over time is okay, I can live with that. 

Overall he wasn't really hit with the kind/level of nerfs I was afraid of. I think he will be just fine. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but in theory the changes sound like a small nerf at most. If you kill nullies quickly it shouldn't affect you much. If you build up a truly large amount of stacks the extra cost for undying shouldn't really be a problem. 

And if you are using proper ability combo's, the nerf to the maggots really shouldn't affect how fast you get your stacks up. 

I was afraid of something like with Inaros where they actually take all stacks away. Draining them over time is okay, I can live with that. 

Overall he wasn't really hit with the kind/level of nerfs I was afraid of. I think he will be just fine. 

the only issue is currently they messed something up with his ult :c nullies are not to bad of an issue at most you will lose 5-10 stacks taking them down /inside/ their bubbles. however his ult isn't pulling as many stacks in now cause it seems maggots will sometimes just not register killing enemies or exploding resulting in not getting a stack. they still do fairly good damage however, its just a bit unreliable now. and killing maggots with your one does give stacks or count towards stacks at all now for some reason.