The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do people feel the need to prevent others from having things

Morgana_Arcana

You want these items so bad? Contact DE and put your money where your mouth is. Back in the closed beta, DE wasn't worth a whole lot and these founders packs were worth between $20 and $250, with only excal prime and closed beta access being $50. Now that warframe is worth probably 25 times more to DE now than it was (conservatively, and just a very rough number considering the risks they took on this game), I'm sure you and them could make a deal for solely excal prime for about $1300. And of course access to the closed beta, which was opened to the public 3 years ago

8 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Would this raise the exact same problem after all? 

I never understood this mania and extreme need for Excal P, and even Umbra Excal, that comes from people that did not buy the Founders Pack. It's a reskin, you are not gaining anything new besides the skin and the  6k mastery. It's not like Excal P plays differently than normal Excal. 

DE are doing a really good job here for sticking to their guns and keeping their promise. 

That's why i laughed like a villain.

It will be a cycle of endless saltiness and grief.

Well at least they can;t complain about how Founders have Excal with different stat and have access to orokin orb's free energy.

9 minutes ago, Db0ys742 said:

I bought founder purely to help the game, I barely if at all even use the stuff I got from it. But yah if they do release him, I believe they would have to give us something equal to what everyone payed for. But DE and Everyone else must understand, This would lose the trust of a lot of founders.

If they gave you hefty compensation at the expense of actually releasing the items into the wild AND improving them due that you'd lose their trust?

I wouldn't. They would have lived to their word and even made a good decision.

5 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

You are playing this game because some people saw potential in it and spent an absurd amount for founders access, this paid DE when they were on the precipice of failure.  In doing so it changed everything, the developers were paid and the Warframe kept going.  I am not a founder, I probably would not have been one given the state of the game at the time...But I appreciate the ones who did and I say thusly this: thank you, enjoy your Excalibur and his gold hood ornament.

I stopped "enjoying" it (of course I enjoy him, Excalibur is a beast :P) when I came to the realization I speak about 3 pages earlier.

Edited by NightmareT12

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If they gave you hefty compensation at the expense of actually releasing the items into the wild AND improving them due that you'd lose their trust?

I wouldn't. They would have lived to their word and even made a good decision.

Said compensation will triggered another groups of protesters.

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Refund may be an option for you. But it's not for DE. Just imagine how much money they would have to refund, if every founder wanted his money back. I bet their shareholders wouldn't be all that happy...

Not so much literally because the founder peoples were the minority. DE have a database how much people founded but I am sure there are around 10-25 k maximum. 

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Yes, I would lose my trust in DE. It's a line drawn many, many times. If they cross it, I would be seriously angry. I remember the state the game was in at that time. Investing that much money was a risk. And I don't want this reward watered down,

2 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Not so much literally because the founder peoples were the minority. DE have a database how much people founded but I am sure there are around 10-25 k maximum. 

Let's say there are 10k founders. Let's say every founder "donated" 100$ on average.
Do you think DE has 1000000$ laying around to refund people? Do you think there shareholders want to pay that?

I didn't know Warframe existed till probably around update 13 but oh well. Considering you're taking a (big) risk supporting a game that isn't released yet and could let you down at any moment (like No Man Sky :P ) let them keep their shines. None of it will be required to reach MR cap and doesn't really give them more power.

Just now, Sahansral said:

Yes, I would lose my trust in DE. It's a line drawn many, many times. If they cross it, I would be seriously angry. I remember the state the game was in at that time. Investing that much money was a risk. And I don't want this reward watered down,

*claps slowly*

My point has been made. I guess I'll have to reconsider a few things myself.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Let's say there are 10k founders. Let's say every founder "donated" 100$ on average.
Do you think DE has 1000000$ laying around to refund people? Do you think there shareholders want to pay that?

Of curse not but they can. Those money what came from the free to play titles works here in warframe too and this game 20 times generated more money if not more.

Those peoples keep running the game whom actual pay for in game items or buying platinum like me sometimes and honestly their price tags not so friendly unless there is no discounts.

This talkin also theoretical and they made a mistake in that time when they thought they will giving in game items as founder pack. Partly for 250 dollar or more the excal prime and those two item and few in game toy money is not so much. They were poor at time and they doesn't wanted to give for founders real life content what other studios did because it's expensive and limited them. They chosed the easier way but they were narrowminded when thought this won't generate saltiness. Handling a group special others lows is never a good thing in any game. 

You paid for thatwhat you got but this should have be done better. It is not your fault you just liked what they give and you helped a game to be pay to win (my opinion inserted here) and I can thank you for this but that was the past. 

Please stop viewing this from a 10 year olds point of view.

Yes exclusivity is annoying to say the least and yes I would love to get Excalibur Prime as he's one of my favourite frames but you need to keep in mind that allowing players to farm or buy him right now would violate DE's promise regarding the founder items. And that of course means that there's going to be a S#&$ storm on the forums and in game. Founders will start asking for refunds and blah blah... And for what? Just so you could get good old Excalibur with reskinned with a few minor upgrades? It's just not worth it in my eyes and it's definitely not worth for DE as they would be going against most founders.

Ok first of all DE can not release the founders exclusive items (even if you try to hide it by not mentioning it, we all know that is what this is really about) if even one person doesn't give the go ahead, which, seeing as there is at least one founder who no longer plays, will never happen. Second, If they did release them again without said approval, that kills their reputation and opens them up for a lawsuit. Would I love to see them released again so that I can obtain them? Of course I would, however, I understand the reasons it can't and won't happen. My one and only complaint about the founder exclusives is that they give MR. While yes MR is essentially useless after a certain point, I am of the mind that everyone in the game should be able to have the exact same amount of MR points regardless of when they started playing. Is it a significant amount more? No, but in my opinion MR shouldn't be tied to exclusivity.

5 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Of curse not but they can. Those money what came from the free to play titles works here in warframe too and this game 20 times generated more money if not more.

You have no idea how business works, don't you?
Just because it's said Facebook is worth 9kk $ doesn't mean Zuckerberg has this money just laying around.
Just because DE makes somewhat decent money doesn't mean they have enough money to refund a lot of people. And even if the did, almost every shareholder they have would quit. DE would end up with nothing left. It would be even possible for Warframe to get shut down because of something like that...

4 minutes ago, EyeLaikCheez said:

Yes exclusivity is annoying to say the least and yes I would love to get Excalibur Prime as he's one of my favourite frames but you need to keep in mind that allowing players to farm or buy him right now would violate DE's promise regarding the founder items. And that of course means that there's going to be a S#&$ storm on the forums and in game. Founders will start asking for refunds and blah blah... And for what? Just so you could get good old Excalibur with reskinned with a few minor upgrades? It's just not worth it in my eyes and it's definitely not worth for DE as they would be going against most founders.

We may disagree here.

13 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I didn't know Warframe existed till probably around update 13 but oh well. Considering you're taking a (big) risk supporting a game that isn't released yet and could let you down at any moment (like No Man Sky :P ) let them keep their shines. None of it will be required to reach MR cap and doesn't really give them more power.

As far as MR cap goes the exclusive Items do count as MR so they very well could count towards it. We can't say for sure yet though

Just now, EyeLaikCheez said:

Exclusivity is a legalizing word for selling stuffs and make differences between peoples. Currently that is a violating a promise has been promised the only mistak in this that promise was bad but this is not the case here. This is a mature topic and lawbreaking because they advertised something what they shouldn't because with that they created a cycle which recycle itself by time by time. I don't need excall and other founder items I just saying they should have been did it better and nowadays we didn't talk about this.

Also exclusivity is really means nothing and sad in the game something need to be. Copy paste the real life unequality is always a mistake at least in video games shouldn't be there.

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

The only difference is a few shields (25 I think it is).

Oh and the fairly useless 200 energy from poking a deathorb like all primes.

It's 50 extra energy at level zero (225 energy at max level) which turn into 638 energy total with Primed Flow installed. Not that bad compared to Excal/Excal P. 425 energy, right? Moreover, it means additional survivability for my build.

25 is the armor addition.

Edited by Ksaero

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You have no idea how business works, don't you?
Just because it's said Facebook is worth 9kk $ doesn't mean Zuckerberg has this money just laying around.
Just because DE makes somewhat decent money doesn't mean they have enough money to refund a lot of people. And even if the did, almost every shareholder they have would quit. DE would end up with nothing left. It would be even possible for Warframe to get shut down because of something like that...

I have far enough idea how a business work but you guys can assist well for this. They could have be enough money because their shareholders (buyers) pumped money into the company to make more money. 

That is why you can see more pay to win like elements and that is why rng works in the first place. Welcome to the new world business.

Edited by Sziklamester

Just now, Sziklamester said:

I have far enough idea how a business work but you guys can assist well for this. They could have be enough money because their shareholders (buyers) pumped money into the company to make more money. 

Right, and those guys don't want DE to go around and gift all that money to some people out there. Because you don't make money by just giving it away.
As I said if DE did something like that, shareholders would leave. No more financial support after giving away a huge amount of their money would probably ruin DE.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Right, and those guys don't want DE to go around and gift all that money to some people out there. Because you don't make money by just giving it away.
As I said if DE did something like that, shareholders would leave. No more financial support after giving away a huge amount of their money would probably ruin DE.

They could do it if they see this makes more money. Also there is nothing wrong in their part for it if they open sometimes a new founder "event" because that generate them money. They can be generous if it's serve their long term plans.

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

That is why you can see more pay to win like elements and that is why rng works in the first place. Welcome to the new world business.

However WF isn't P2W. Paying absurd amounts of money doesn't give you an actual advantage over anyone else and doesn't win you anything either. You can pay all the money for all the good stuff you want, if you don't know how to mod, or know how to play the different gamemodes, you won't get anywhere, which is the exact opposite of a P2W game design which thrives on people making up the knowledge and skill gap with money.