The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why do people feel the need to prevent others from having things

Morgana_Arcana

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

I use those too. But I don't use them on *everyone*

The point was that with the many effective ways of regaining Energy you don't really need the orbs to survive, especially since each orb works only once. So some people can justify saying that they are useless.

Just now, Praxxor said:

The point was that with the many effective ways of regaining Energy you don't really need the orbs to survive, especially since each orb works only once. So some people can justify saying that they are useless.

Hopefully DE may be able to find new ways to give Primes a universal passive. I agree the gimmick hasn't dated really well in our current game point.

2 minutes ago, Demonette said:

I thought I'd have a discussion only because it also affects how they structure other things in the game.

If we recognize that exclusivity is a fallacy, why can't we progress and say, that's irrational, let's make this game better and stop doing that, and top enabling that way of thinking.

Well the Founder Packs are the only items that have remained completely exclusive, everything else was re-released or have been confirmed to be available for a future release (Braton Vandal?). You can argue that exclusivity is a fallacy and all that. But what's done is done, DE can't exactly go back on their word right now.

25 minutes ago, Demonette said:

I see this come up with time exclusive rewards, but especially when I saw the founder's pack mentioned. I don't know why the community has to have such a kneejerk reaction when this is discussed (and even closing threads that weren't even heated nor problematic), but I don't think this line of reasoning has been brought up: why do you have to prevent others from having something, for you to enjoy having it?

Fact is DE stated they wont bring it back. So opening threads about the "issue" is more or less against the rules. So the threads get locked.

And just a question from me the other way around:
Why can't you accept the exclusivity of things and let the founders enjoy the stuff they bought knowing once it's gone it'll be gone forever?
You think you are the only one butthurt right here. You think nobody understands you. At the same time it seems you don't want to understand others...

2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

That's not true.

There was a time I thought the same, but then I realized (I saw the light lol). Answers can change and I advocate for the question to be repeated.

In the end people, this is a videogame. It's meant to be a business that offers enjoyment.

This thing is preventing Dual Skana Primes and Aklato Primes. It's preventing making the items useful actually. It's even prevented people to enjoy their rightfully acquired items in other platforms (there are Founders who migrated or considered migration, yes).

You can't even see the items in the Codex unless owned by God's sake!

Can't you people see it? How is this supposed to be good for anyone actually?

I use those too. But I don't use them on *everyone*

I don't disagree at all, not even in the slightest.

But when [DE]Steve puts his foot down you fall in line.

If not, you either suffer the consequences, or disregard his decision and move on, or you stop playing the game.

Exclusive items in any setting are like a merit badge: at it's core, the fact that not many people have it is what makes it such a symbol of status. Some exclusive items have good in-game use, like Wraiths/Vandals, while others don't. Founders items, based on what people say and what you'd expect from an item added at launch, is part of the latter category, so you aren't losing out on combat strength by not having them, like you would be if you were missing say an elemental-status mod before they were added to non-exclusive tables.

The fact that Founder items aren't good for anything except showing that you supported the game in its infancy, a pretty honourable thing really, means that devaluing them by giving them to the public basically makes them worthless for everyone. 

Apart from the honour argument, there's also the fact that it's very common for people to strive for individuality, and the Founders' significant contribution to the game earns them the right (imo at least) to receive a shiny thing that sets them apart from the rest of the playerbase. Realistically no player today or in the future is ever going to be able to make as big a contribution as the Founders did, so we really should give them that.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Hopefully DE may be able to find new ways to give Primes a universal passive. I agree the gimmick hasn't dated really well in our current game point.

I hope that they won't, small changes stats are enough. DE even promised that Prime Warframes would only be cosmetically different, giving them more bonuses will only worsen the power creep and will make the game a little more P2P if you consider the vaulted items. Why do you even need more bonuses for Primes though?

I do not have a founder pack and do not see a point to have/ask a Excalibur Prime except mastery since is only 25 more armor, two more polarities and 250 energy per death orb compared to the regular one that is easily beated by rank 4 energize/zenurik and using formas so in my point of view having a profile saying "Founder" is nothing more than a word for me.

Founders might have helped to "start" Warframe, but this is past now.

Appearance wise, i do prefer a lot more prisma skin, apex and caduto skin over the prime looking and i find a plain waste of time to keep asking for founders pack so i see that it is nothing more than "ostentation", actually.

Better to accept it and move foward, since DE would be violating a contract with Founders and asking for it implies in disrespecting the Founders.

20 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Actually founders are special, without them being here at the beginning this game wouldn´t exist.

And now I am asking you OP, why do you feel the need to prevent them of having their reward ( that is what founder items are, rewards )? 

This! I only started playing late last year (on console, thus making me extra salty for not being able to get ExcaliPrime). But as someone who has supported other games in their opening months, I TOTALLY understand that those who actually helped to make this game a thing deserve something above all others.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Fact is DE stated they wont bring it back. So opening threads about the "issue" is more or less against the rules. So the threads get locked.

And just a question from me the other way around:
Why can't you accept the exclusivity of things and let the founders enjoy the stuff they bought knowing once it's gone it'll be gone forever?
You think you are the only one butthurt right here. You think nobody understands you. At the same time it seems you don't want to understand others...

I can consider the other viewpoint and still disagree. I know why people buy time limited things, it's because they're afraid they can't get it after. But it's irrational if other people getting it prevents you from enjoying it. Nothing I'm advocating for would prevent them from having it and enjoying it, it's really that simple.

Look, I will have to accept this outcome yes. But I also want to discuss it. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

wat

You suggested that "answers can be changed and that the question be repeated".  I thought you were referring to the availability of founders.  In which case, that would be false because [DE]Steve said it would never return.  He's the boss, what he says goes.

But if you were not referring to founders then that's my fault...and makes my previous post nonsensical.

1 minute ago, Demonette said:

Look, I will have to accept this outcome yes. But I also want to discuss it. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

Again: DE said multiple times founders stuff wont come back. So again, your thread is more or less against the rules.

I think DE should put a sticky thread somewhere, so people can see founders stuff wont happen again. If the ignore that thread and make a topic about it, they get a warning from a moderator.

3 minutes ago, Weidro said:

@Demonetteif you did your research on this topic you should know all arguments for and against it

each of these arguments has been repeated a few hundred times by now
there is nothing new that can be said

just accept it

Thing is, those arguments are bad and I'm calling them bad. It's like, people put up a bad argument and then just expect it to end because they got the last word?

2 minutes ago, Dartiel said:

Idea : 

Founders get Special Excal skins and Sigils but the same stat and passive as Excal P.

While everybody could farm Excal P.

*Evil Laughter*

Tis an endless cycle of salty.

That's called Excalibur Umbra (once it's added DE pls)

Just now, Demonette said:

Thing is, those arguments are bad and I'm calling them bad. It's like, people put up a bad argument and then just expect it to end because they got the last word?

DE has the last word and since its legally binding there is nothing they can do about it even if they wanted
people will sue them

although why should your arguments be better than the arguments people are bringing up since more than 3 years ?

side note:
i like that you are calling all of the arguments bad both the ones that are for releasing it as well as the ones against rereleasing it