The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Primed Regen

Cirayu

I'm so incredibly mad about the release of this mod because it just highlights DE's design philosophy in Warframe. Lazy bandaid fixes that don't fix anything. I'll come back and write more when I'm not inclined to swear every other word and get myself banned from the forums.

8 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

i don't get it

first people wanted sentinels to be revied. with this mod they come back 2 MORE times than with regular regen

how is this not enough?

and seriously demanding for a sentinel repair kit that given sentinel the oppurtunity to revive infinite times is just stupid. who would use companions anymore? nobody dmg of both are on same level and if both can be picked up AND sentinels have vacuum companions are not worth it anymore

grow up you vacuum loving children and start moving

People wanted a legitimate fix, not another half baked bandaid mod that half addresses the issue, which note most people probably aren't going to have a hand at since it was released via a timed salesman with a ever changing basket of goods. QoL changes shouldn't have to be bought, and certainly shouldn't be time limited. 

As for why to use other companions, that's a much bigger issue than just survivability, and it's one that has been present far before this mod dropped. Holding off QoL changes isn't going to fix their state, if they want to be saved the entire companion system needs to be relooked. 

40 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

Salt aside from the previous posts, which I'm just going to try and ignore, I have to agree here. Primed Regen doesn't solve the main issue with sentinals: survivability. It may have practically four lives but after a certain point it doesn't matter. Companions as a whole need to be revisited. 

^This. I am trying to create discussion about trying to balance companions, and IMO we need Vacuum for pets, and stat reworks for all sentinels aside from carrier prime.

20 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

There are more sides to it. Like, you may get downed, the Sentinel will get destroyed, and then may get revived by someone else, but no Sentinel. So more lives for it can't hurt.

There are a plethora of mods they could have primed, but if there focus was companions? a Prime link-armor would have made more sense IMO, I mean how often do sentinels realistically die anyway? Damn near never?..just seems like a bandaid and terrible endo dump. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 minutes ago, Koda39 said:

Cause, if pets get vacuum, why should people use sentinels?

Without a reason, its just "trash"...

Free ammo mutation from Carrier means it isn't trash though. Carrier easily helps with weapon diversity unlike the other pets.

3 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

^This. I am trying to create discussion about trying to balance companions, and IMO we need Vacuum for pets, and stat reworks for all sentinels aside from carrier prime.

Got my support Volt as always as I'd love to see Vacuum out of the equation of choice and to see ma Wyrm Prime back among my choice.😆

I know this isn't a "this mod sucks and I'm salty" thread but this mod sucks and I'm salty. Now excuse me while I go buy it and give it the middle finger while I stare at it in my loadout. Stupid a** sentinel *****$ &&#7 * # 

Going back to my salt-mine. 

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, duhadventure said:

Spare parts doesnt even give squat anyways, plus it will only work once with REGULAR regen.

Yes you're right, it only occurs when the sentinel is presumed dead - not when it regens. I should have added that little bit in for clarification!

4 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Free ammo mutation from Carrier means it isn't trash though. Carrier easily helps with weapon diversity unlike the other pets.

That's right, but kavats gives to u crazy buffs, and kubrows can be more usefull if builded for utility.

This was missed out of the latest patch notes for PC.

It's now been corrected and makes the new mod have a whole new level to it.

hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

11 minutes ago, Koda39 said:

Cause, if pets get vacuum, why should people use sentinels?

Without a reason, its just "trash"...

Because Sentinels provide more utility, require no upkeep, are far easier to acquire, can't permanently die if you decide not to log in for a while, don't regularly bug out, etc.

For the record though, I only ever use a Kavat. I do think, though, that every Warframe should have an innate 3/6m vacuum.

Missed Change: 

The Regen Mod (both Primed and regular) now grants temporary invulnerability to Sentinels on revive for a duration of one second + one second per rank of the mod. This means that with a maxed Primed Regen, you could see 11 seconds of invulnerability after the Regen occurs. 

Missed Change: 

39 minutes ago, blueThunder24 said:

This mod is like a spit in my face from DE.
This shows how DE cares of community.
First vacuum as a mod for sentinels instead of warframe passive, now this bullsh*t;.

This doesn't solve the problem with sentinels survivality at all, they still are squishy as hell and will be gone just second later after meeting our lovely napalms or Osprey mine fields. You know that sentinels don't have any invulnerability time after respawn, do you? Wiki says otherwise but I've seen my sentinel taking damage right after respawning or just dying twice when I was under AOE damage.

And still no changes for our pets, I personally still don't see any reason to use them because even trough very fragile sentinels still are much more usefull

Hey tenno look at what our fellow Mofo Jokers just found !

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Missed Change: 

Edited by trunks013

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Missed Change: 

Well well well shiny with awesomeness as usual ^.^

Thanks pal ;) 

i also quoted this into another thread just so you know

3 minutes ago, xaanos said:

Easier to get, don't cost upkeep? Also, I don't see a kubrow able to scan stuff.

Yeah, Thebel cited about Carrier's ammo mutation, and u are right too. But the question is about the vacuum, I don't see a sentinel trying to open a locker, or giving a crazy buff.

It's not just close to useless (once your sentinel starts dying, it does so often. And 14 drain on a thing with 10 mod slots already packed with utility and survivability mods is quite rough), it ALSO indicates we are unlikely to get a better solution to sentinel death any time soon.