Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Opinion on Incident that happened...

(XBOX)BURZYCKI

Question

So I am more curious about opinions about an "incident" (In Quotes) that happened to me... with a much higher mastery rank player.

There we were sitting on Coba (I came into their "public" game by luck.

I was doing what most Tenno do - Wiping the floor of infested - Running Nekros Prime

Some background is I was board and wanted to just blast some stuff and then I made the mistake of powering up Desecrate....

Clearly I desecrated the love right out of this high level player - The chat started:

- Why are you here?

- Why are you desecrating low level enemies?

- Why are you here when you are not leveling?

- I am Mastery Rank 16 and I know what Nekros does....

Etc etc

So after the chat stopped I just ended our discussion with - "You are clearly better then I am and what fun to run a mission with you" and moved on...

The part I am more curious about as I could care less about what this particular person was saying is the question in general of lower level leveling with high end frames and what the general concescious is about that.

Does me showing up and playing along side lower level player or in this case a true elite - is that wrong?

Why would someone care if a Nekros was desecrating everything when that increases drop rates?

Am I missing something?

Here is an example:

I show up to coba with Nekros Prime and just stand around not killing things but desecrate (Or better yet Despoil / descrate everything) but take no kills from people that think that is super important.. does not everyone benefit or am I actually reducing their leveling etc?

Let me know - maybe I am the jerk.... 

I have to say in the 500 ish hours I have played this is really the first person that had any issues with anything I have done in game. I honestly expected more issues being it's online gameplay etc.

13 answers to this question

MR 23 here, I have no idea what he was talking about. Maybe he was drunk?

It's possible he was just thinking that you were wasting your time, unless you were looking for something specific. But even that doesn't really make much sense.

MR 21 here. I'm not a fan of several of the directions DE is currently trying out, so for me, there really isn't anything left to do except play PUGs with lower-level players, and I enjoy this very much. (And I'm typically NOT the best killer in the round!) I more or less agree with ashrah, play the way you like playing, enjoy the game. The only caveat I'd add is, if you enjoy being selfish, and run missions so you can get most of the kills, then run Solos; play Public missions as a teammate, not as a rock star.

Straight eyes and sharp blade, Tenno.

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BURZYCKI said:

I was board

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

I could care less

Implies that you do care. And is further proven by you starting this topic.

concescious

Ehh... Uhh...

Okay, enough goofing around. I was just joking.
On the topic: you can play however you like, it usually doesn't matter in the slightest, unless you go for "endgame content" or entirely dominate weaker players in PvP 24/7 so that they can't get any progress, like a complete... but I digress.

Edited by LABAL

For me, a Nekros on long mission is a blessing on random public game. Dude can Desecerate for more health orbs + loots, Terrify enemy to decrease their armor + revive teammates and summon Shadow dudes to help on low to high tier mission.

Just enjoy yourself, don't let them bother you, lad.

I guess I am also looking at the question of Desecrate in general - More Drops - health everywhere 

Nekros emits an aura of dark power that affects every corpse within a radius of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, consuming the corpses and granting a 22.5% / 32% / 42.5% / 54% chance to roll the corpse's drop table again to produce additional loot. After a 2-second delay on the first corpse within range, corpses are consumed one at a time in random order, with subsequent corpses taking 1 second of delay between consumptions.

Running this with Despoil is pretty much a never stop event that leads to more drops and thus per the comments happier players - especially lower level players - I guess I wish I knew what was going on when I started and I would have followed nekros's around to get things moving faster.

I will say this - drunk or not - he could not put words in the right order - which is always fun to watch and then wonder what has happened to our society.

Thanks for the replies.. I think I can be reassured internally for my own mind that I was not the jerk...

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ThermalStone said:

MR 16 is not a high rank.  It's so low that most players get there by accident.

Literally by accident. 

I stopped doing the MR test after mr13(to use galatine prime).On 2nd January I decided to take the test again because of mastery locked rivens and BAM.. Now I'm Mr 20:awkward:. So 16 is not really that much of a hard work. 

XP is shared even if you kill and desecrating corpses has no consequence whatsoever to the game, besides the fact that they have a chance to dropp twice. Just some mf with bad mood obviously using the game as vent to get off steam.

You'll get these a lot as you play and use the forums more often, people who personally invest themselfes a little too much into the game that is. Be it by building theyr ego around frames and acchievents ("i've played this frame hundrets of hours and only i am right on this topic" "hosting raid, mr 825+ only") or by atacking people/'s choices.

I personally wouldn't resort to sarcasm. Bring to theyr own attention how much they're invested into a irrelevant game. Ask the next guy why the frick he even cares...hitting a nerfe allways hurts the most. And some people honestly deserve the pain...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

@burzycki the simple answer is that you did nothing wrong. as others have mentioned in the topic desecrating has more pros than cons, whatever that player's problem was with you using it was actually him/her venting some frustrations or he/she had some misunderstanding about how desecrate works.

I once found myself faced with a similar line of questioning because the accusing player thought juggernaut had some sort of modular/stage based damage weakness I'm guessing somewhat similar to Lephantis or jackal. Anyway, just keep on desecrating without a second thought on the matter.