Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested cyst and warframes

NasonXian

Question

So, the day that the cure came out was the day that my cyst finished gestating, and I mistakenly thought that using the chair again was how you actually drained the pus. So, unfortunately, I kind of lost my chance at getting my own charger without having to find someone else who's infested - and I'm not here to complain about that. That was my bad, I should have read the patch notes before using the chair again, I take full responsibility for that.

What I'm here for is just a matter of curiosity. When I found out that I'd permanently cured my Nidus, I promptly went and bought a second one to try to infect him and do it again, but I don't seem to get the prompt for it, and so we come to my question. Are all iterations of one frame considered the same one? I mean, by all rights I -should- be able to infect my fresh Nidus, since it's not -technically- the same Frame, but it doesn't seem to work. So, is the coding in it saying that despite them being two separate frames, does the fact that it's Nidus in both cases mean that the cure is in both of them because they have the same name?

Also, is there any way for me to get another frame into that room and get infected, or do I have no choice but to find someone else to infect a different frame? And again I'm not gonna complain if I do have to find someone to infect one of my frames or operator, I'm just wondering if there's an easier way or not. It would be nice if I could hold the door open with Nidus and have my operator actually sit in the chair - I bet Ordis would blow a circuit at that!

13 answers to this question

Are all iterations of one frame considered the same one? I mean, by all rights I -should- be able to infect my fresh Nidus, since it's not -technically- the same Frame, but it doesn't seem to work. So, is the coding in it saying that despite them being two separate frames, does the fact that it's Nidus in both cases mean that the cure is in both of them because they have the same name?

I don't think that's it. I think it's the injection interaction with the chair that can only happen once. Apparently they might change that in a future update:

There is some system this was all meant to be leading up to (not the infested pet, that seems to have been thrown in as a bit of fun) but they didn't like what they had, so rather than make everyone wait months growing cysts while they worked it out, they put in a cure now. I expect that the option to reinfect will come with the new system.

Around 2:10 in the following podcast for virus talk: https://soundcloud.com/warframe/hema-resource-cost-damage

If you have any other frames, they can also be infected by other players.  (Kind of the reason people were complaining so much until the cure was added, really.)  I'm still curious if there's another system / goal that the cyst was meant to be leading up to, so I've left a couple of "spare" cysts on frames where they don't stick out horribly.  (Nidus, even though my colors don't match the blister, Ivara because her hood hides it, and Saryn Prime because it's farther back on her neck and mostly hidden by the shoulder pads.) 

Any frame with a fully grown cyst can use it to make an Infested Charger, it's simply used as an ingredient at the stasis console instead of consuming gene templates.  Doing so drains the cyst rather than removing it, which resets it back to the start of the growth cycle.  Meaning it'll be invisible for a day and then start growing again until the wiggle filament shows up after seven days.

Edited by EmberStar
Paragraphs

On 1/17/2017 at 11:31 PM, NasonXian said:

So, the day that the cure came out was the day that my cyst finished gestating, and I mistakenly thought that using the chair again was how you actually drained the pus. So, unfortunately, I kind of lost my chance at getting my own charger without having to find someone else who's infested - and I'm not here to complain about that. That was my bad, I should have read the patch notes before using the chair again, I take full responsibility for that.

What I'm here for is just a matter of curiosity. When I found out that I'd permanently cured my Nidus, I promptly went and bought a second one to try to infect him and do it again, but I don't seem to get the prompt for it, and so we come to my question. Are all iterations of one frame considered the same one? I mean, by all rights I -should- be able to infect my fresh Nidus, since it's not -technically- the same Frame, but it doesn't seem to work. So, is the coding in it saying that despite them being two separate frames, does the fact that it's Nidus in both cases mean that the cure is in both of them because they have the same name?

Also, is there any way for me to get another frame into that room and get infected, or do I have no choice but to find someone else to infect a different frame? And again I'm not gonna complain if I do have to find someone to infect one of my frames or operator, I'm just wondering if there's an easier way or not. It would be nice if I could hold the door open with Nidus and have my operator actually sit in the chair - I bet Ordis would blow a circuit at that!

you reeeeally needed to do research. 

I got a bunch of my frames infested from doing missions. There was no need to get another nidus to get that room open. 

On 3/5/2017 at 6:55 PM, Suvlakis said:

I know this may seem stupid to ask (but I am new), what is the point in keeping the cyst?

We have no idea besides making Charger Kubrows hatch. It would be nice if the Cyst grew infected armor over the Frames in certain Hive missions, granting a resistance to the Hive effects. 

There are mayhaps going to be doors that can only be opened by Frames with Cyst on them later down the line for infested tilesets or maybe the Cyst will give contact with random Infested to command them to not attack you. 

Posible uses are wide and vary....but seeing how the community uproared over it, DE probably will not take the chance again. Sad but truth....