Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a 202 percent crit chance riven!!

Xekrin

And it absolutely sucks.  Wanna know why?  No it isn't the panthera ( i have that too though ), no its the ...

NUKOR!! Hurray!

That's all.

Oh right, feedback stuff...

I feel that if a stat is considered a 'good roll' on one weapon (Lex Prime! whoo! crit Chance!) it should have some impact on all weapons.  It is my humble opinion that Rivens do not interact very well with low to very low base stats.  5% crit chance?  No amount of crit chance on a riven is going to save it.  So now, a roll most desired of most weapons is a poor roll on the lackluster barely used low base stat weapons.  

Makes it kind of difficult to "breath new life" into the lesser used weapons when even the highest stats available to be rolled (202% crit chance! wow!) still does absolutely nothing for a weapon.  Nukor may be a poor example, considering it can get 10x crit damage so its low crit chance is more or less justified, but the problem exists for worse off weapons than the Nukor.

What to do about this?  My suggestion for improvements, as part of this being feedback?  Honestly, that is a bit difficult.  Increasing base stats would turn the crap weapons into godly weapons on strong disposition stats.  Can't have that.  My best suggestion, barring a complete rewrite of the riven system, would be something like having a sort of dual stat roll for non base stats.

What I mean is +x% damage is base damage right?  Doesn't really matter, any damage is good.  But crit chance isn't additive, its multiplicative, did I get that right? Multiplying 1% by 202% = 3% or so.  What if it also increased the base stat by the total amount but before applying the actual amount.

Poor math skills at the ready! So if we get 3% from a 202% increase of critical chance, add that 3% to the 1% base, making it 4% THEN apply the 202%, now it is 8%!  Still not amazing or anything but since that becomes the base, it now increases with mods as well.  Suddenly Nukor is a crit machine!  Not really but it would definitely be feeling the effects of the good old Riven CPR.

Apply this formula, (with real math, because I'm sure I screwed it up) to other low base stats with their riven counterparts and see what happens.

That or you know, add aoe explosions to every 5th round or something fun like that.

That's all.

Edited by Xekrin

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

But the Nukor isn't a crit weapon. Reroll for status chance my man. I get huge increases to status on weapons who benefit nothing from it. It happens. Procedural mods will do that.

That is correct but there are weapons that are neither status nor crit viable.  Would I keep rerolling hoping for damage, banes and/or multi-shot in a feeble attempt to increase nothing but base damage?

It feels wasteful to me, throwing big numbers away because "its not that type of weapon", especially when the entire point of rivens is to change how they are played (according to the dev workshop anyway).

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

But the Nukor isn't a crit weapon. Reroll for status chance my man. I get huge increases to status on weapons who benefit nothing from it. It happens. Procedural mods will do that.

Don't go for status. It's janky af and not really that effective. I.E. 100% chance means 1 full second of damage on an enemy means 100% chance to proc 1 proc during that time.

6 hours ago, Xekrin said:

That is correct but there are weapons that are neither status nor crit viable.  Would I keep rerolling hoping for damage, banes and/or multi-shot in a feeble attempt to increase nothing but base damage?

It feels wasteful to me, throwing big numbers away because "its not that type of weapon", especially when the entire point of rivens is to change how they are played (according to the dev workshop anyway).

Use Arcane Avenger (+30% flat crit) and the constant self damage from the Naramon passive on a tough frame. Makes anything crit viable. 

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Use Arcane Avenger (+30% flat crit) and the constant self damage from the Naramon passive on a tough frame. Makes anything crit viable. 

Awesome, you'll be gifting that to me today then?  What time shall I be on?

That's how grind works.

This thread isn't about the grind.

Edited by Xekrin

11 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This thread isn't about the grind.

Its a feedback on a thing designed deliberately for grind.

There were even stats like -110% ammo, -100% damage and so on.... (those were too silly to be kept and will be reworked).

But what you are asking for it a repost of something that was already asked and refused....

8 hours ago, Xekrin said:

this is the perfect example for real life just so much more real
it is a typical situation of "try again" instead of "give up and throw it away"
1hxs9r.jpg
and according to the devs its meant to revive old weapons
its NOT meant to turn every weapon in a crit weapon
although it is NOT meant to give you the desired roll first try

3 hours ago, Weidro said:

its NOT meant to turn every weapon in a crit weapon

Crit is just one stat, not suggesting every weapon be crit capable.  My suggestion would work on any stat, not just crit.  Unless you didn't read that far...

The Nukor is indirectly a crit weapon for having the highest crit multiplier in-game. There are ways to make it crit-viable, albeit situational critical chance, but it's not impossible.

Arcane Avenger and Adarza/Smeeta crit buffs make the Nukor a very fun weapon to use crit with. It's worth following these suggestions even if people (and the stats) say otherwise. Heck, even the Mutalist Quanta is crit-viable.