Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index Endurance is poorly balanced for long runs. Post completion update

Brynslustafir

I've been trying all evening to make it to 1 hour to finally fight the legendary John Prodman, and... Well... It's frustrating. Very, very frustrating. Every single time my team collapes at around 25-30 minutes. Even with the best Banshee Sonar Build, a constant EV, good DPS. Seemingly no matter what I do it becomes near impossible to kill enemies fast enough to spawn enough points to keep the timer up, especially when every single point scored by the enemy deducts from your remaining time.

I think the rate at which the enemy levels increase needs adjustment. Level 300 is kinda Ludicrous, and at that point it's just a 1-Shot bullet hell. It's just not fun. Make the enemy levels scale maybe half as fast to make this less of a slog and significantly more manageable, and perhaps this won't feel so rough. 

n7hXNCu.jpg

It is done. It took all day and my fingers hurt but I have a shiny autographed glamour-shot of the crewman who killed Phorid. 

Why do I do this to myself...

Edited by Plasmaface
Joy and Suffering

We did it this weekend and yes, it may be challenging but that's not really funny. It's more like "learning how to cheese the game 101".

I went as Trinity max power some efficiency no duration without EV augment (because who cares about shield when you get randomly OS'd after 5 minutes), colleagues were one Rhino stomp, Sonar Banshee and Ash I think (Edit : or was it Nova).

That was... a spamfest. Once enemies reach level 200, everything one-hits you or not far, so I just had to spam 2 to kill everything (i still don't understand how EV can deal 2M damage but why not), 3 and 4 every 2 seconds to try to save my life or my colleagues', and we did it.

Just in case someone wants to give a try : don't stack coins. You have the "bonus points" when you bring a lot at the same time, but the timer will only increase with the coins you bring back, not the bonus. 5 coins will award your team 7 points (2 bonus) but only 50 seconds, not 70. So once you reached the spamfest-point, just bring the points one by one. This nightmarish Raptor screwed our 2 first tries as he scored way too much because of our greediness.

Edited by Chewarette

On 1/19/2017 at 0:23 AM, DeltaPhantom said:

It's real. "Give him a good fight" (You apparently can't kill him), and he'll drop a poster you can put in your orbiter.

Actually you can kill him and only upon killing him,  he drops the autograph.  Didn't add a John Prodman codex entry though  :(.

On 1/19/2017 at 7:22 PM, Plasmaface said:

n7hXNCu.jpg

In case you thought it was just a Rumor.

I have my poster in the same spot o.O!

1LJpYk6.jpg

Edited by TaylorsContraction