The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Ought to Matter

SeaUrchins

1 hour ago, SeaUrchins said:

I see current differences between MR ranks rather cosmetic in terms of combat. Extra mod capacity on unranked weapons is gone as soon as you finish ranking the weapon, so the bonus is rather questionable, loadouts have no impact on combat, they merely add convenience and make access to certain items faster,

Yep, this is what MR bonuses should be, QoL improvements and conveniences that scale up as you increase MR.

MR bonuses should be 'nice to have' and should never feel mandatory for maximum performance.

It already does:

~tigris/galantine prime are both amazing weapons locked behind 13.

~you get more capacity when the weapon/frame is level 1.

~login rewards are effected.

~you get more rep per day and can hold more traces.  both really important pretty much for anyone continuing to play this game for the long haul.

TBH if they are going to start adding in bonus effects to frames like nidus has it should be obtained the same way nidus gets his bonus stuff.

12 minutes ago, Anarchy19835452 said:

Please give evidence 

Daily Tribute rewards are random, but the chances of more frequently acquiring rare and higher value items increases as players increase their Mastery Rank, with higher ranks having higher chances of receiving better rewards. Each Mastery Rank increase adds 5% to increased rare drop chances.

taken from warframe.wikia.com

...not sure if you can call it evidence or not, daily tribute as everything in the game is RNG after all. :-)

17 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

There is no source stated to back that claim though.

Taken from The Second Dream (update 18.0) patch notes...

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/568455-update-18-the-second-dream/

Login Reward System Update

• The Login Reward System has been given a total overhaul, and will now give players increasingly valuable rewards with each daily login.
  • Logins are tracked cumulatively, and players will not be penalized for missing any number of logins.
  • Players with a higher Mastery Rank will have increased chance to receive rare (or more valuable) rewards.
  • Each level of Mastery Rank will provide a 5% increase to obtaining improved rewards.
  • Login Rewards are randomly generated.
  • The following unique weapon has been added to the Login Reward System:
    • Azima: This unconventional machine pistol packs a deadly surprise. (Note: This weapon is a day 100 Login Reward Exclusive)

^^^adding to that

19 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

There is no source stated to back that claim though.

In addition to that I have found that the reward pool seems to have some kind of "tiers" for the reward system I believe depending on the MR with different "drop tables". Not sure if its official or not so I only give the wikia information which so far is the safest place to extract all the information we need.

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food

14 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

-snip-

If the MR of a riven mod significantly weighted the potential stats that it could roll,

-snip-

Bro the whole point of rivens is RNG... the inhumane amount of RNG involved in rivens keeps us busy either a. Farming kuva for rerolls b. Buying plat to simply buy out the so called "god" rolls. c. Buying boosters for kuva farms. When their intention is to keep us busy and buying plat, I don't really think they would put in something to ease down the grind. From experience I can tell it may happen somewhere down the road (tho the opposite happened with Focus), but it's easy to tell the forums are full of angst because of bad rolls.

Some commemorative stuff would be OK to me, similar to the daily login rewards. Like you hit MR5, you get a sigil, a badge or something. Also they could put some of the IRL frame statues as decorations for orbiter or maybe dojo. Nothing gameplay breaking, tho of course people would complain even of that.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, SeaUrchins said:

If you read my initial post, I clearly stated the topic is not about player's skills. You can't compare MR to skill and if you do, you are doing a wrong thing.

I read it, yet you ask weapon to be more effective tied to mr.

I already experienced it when i was low tier, i went around desperately headshotting mobs, struggling to get some kills, while the high rank players came obliterating stuff iwthout even watching the screen.

Reason why weapons like bows, single shot rifles and so on will never be useful.

1 hour ago, VonDodo said:

I read it, yet you ask weapon to be more effective tied to mr.

Nope. If you read my original post you can clearly see it isn't what I ask. Besides rivens have already made higher MRs indirectly more powerful to a certain extent.