Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

VOLT,RHINO and MAG was changed but you maked it wrong -_-. VOLTs overload have 20meters radius 5x200dmg +bonus dmg from electronics around. RHINO stomp have too 20 meters radius 800dmg and targets fly for 9 seconds you can attack them. MAGs crush 12meters radius 1000dmg and nothing special.....why? -_- I don't get it, you didn't  see that these skills aren't balanced?
all frames 4th skill should have 20meters radius 1000dmg and something special.

Yeah, that's another nice property of BA. It's nice enough when I use it, but still situational enough that I rarely bring it along, so I haven't given much thought into how to change or "fix" it.

To be honest somebody said that if you aim at the top of the bubble, you'll get headshots (Haven't tested, darn crashing), so i think the problem most people have with it fixes itself, also, use it on Napalms, why? Because they'll shoot themselves and leave the fire in the bubble.

To be honest somebody said that if you aim at the top of the bubble, you'll get headshots (Haven't tested, darn crashing), so i think the problem most people have with it fixes itself, also, use it on Napalms, why? Because they'll shoot themselves and leave the fire in the bubble.

Using it on any boss is hilarious. The new Vor just blows himself up when casting Tesla. Also, I don't know if you can still do this, but you used to be able to stack multiple BAs on each other to shut down entire rooms.

All this attractor talk...where's the polarize talk. Shield Polarize needs to scale like Guardian scales...and I don't mean nerf Guardian >.>

I do agree that SP should heal/damage 100% shields at max rank. Or maybe 75% but affected by Focus so that it can max up at 98% (0.75 * 1.3 = 0.975). I haven't really seen in detail what the explosions to surrounding enemies can do, but I've noticed that it has very little potency save for low level mobs.

I do not think the argument that Bullet Attractor is to be seen as a CC ability is credible.

Or if it is, it is a very bad CC ability:

1.It only works on enemies that have projectile weapons (so all the infested are out + melee iterations of other factions)

2. its expensive compared to the primary CC (pull) and less reliable

If I want a group to stop shooting me, I pull them, I do not put BA on some mob.

BA fulfils no rolle beyond a small early-game nuke.

Agreed Bullet Attractor is more of a damage control for only Corpus and Grineer. Oh it explodes? Woop-de-doo; the damage doesn't make up for it's uselessness at the moment.

Here's an idea for a replacement for this ability:

Grounded- Magnetizes the targets in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius to the ground stopping all movement for 10/10/15/20 seconds. Deals 100/200/300/400 damage over time.

Edited by Grandmaster-Builder5

Agreed Bullet Attractor is more of a damage control for only Corpus and Grineer. Oh it explodes? Woop-de-doo; the damage doesn't make up for it's uselessness at the moment.

Here's an idea for a replacement for this ability:

Grounded- Magnetizes the targets in a 5/10/15/20 meter radius to the ground stopping all movement for 10/10/15/20 seconds. Deals 100/200/300/400 damage over time.

That would be more OP than having a Roller Ball as a pet

That would be more OP than having a Roller Ball as a pet

not really. it's barely more damage than BA's explosion. And it's a 3rd ability, so the cost is 75. However the distance could have shorter cap.

Edit: you also have to consider that 400 dmg max will be met by resistances.

Edited by Grandmaster-Builder5

I feel like we just need to completely rework all Warframe skills. No joke.

Too many Warframes have EXACTLY the same skill (Press 4 to kill everyone around you. gg).

Imagine if every Warframe actually did something different! Wow, that would be great.

Consider new #4 button skills for Warframes and make them thematic based on the Warframe :D

Kind of obvious but I have to say it.

Too many Warframes have EXACTLY the same skill (Press 4 to kill everyone around you. gg).

Imagine if every Warframe actually did something different! Wow, that would be great.

Consider new #4 button skills for Warframes and make them thematic based on the Warframe :D

this.

Instead of releasing more stuff, fix the existing stuff.

Edited by Mietz

Wasn't that supposed to be the focus of this update? 

I guess it got pushed to U10 then.

Agreed. For starters, I think Mag and Ember should have targeted Ultimates to fit their themes. Some sort of a super sniper railgun for Mag, and a flamethrower for Ember. They should combine the damage comparable to what a Miasma can do to a spread-out group of enemies, and focus it in a straight line (Mag) or a cone (Ember). That way they'd secure their own place in the game without making other AoE frames obsolete.

Edited by Winterbraid

now i know you guys made a major mag update in 8.3 but i want to discuss a few issues i have been having in game. pull is great but unfortunately i cant pull allies anymore. i know it was mostly a troll move but i was useful for pulling dead allies out of the open so you can safely heal them. now it seems bullet attractor recently gets or has goten weaker. the damage numbers arnt around 300 when full ranked in the later levels so i assume its due to the armor of enemies? but regardless im not worried to much on the damage im greatful that it atleast blows up so i can use it on a new target after the old one is dead. however now that bullet attractor is huge i have noticed that (atleast for shotguns like the boar or other bullet weapons) if im in AOE of my bullet attracted target my bullets just dissapear. they dont hit anything they just vanish and i think the same goes for my enemies that are inside atleast. i just know that inside it things get...glitchey. also it seems the bosses or atleast ruk seems to ignor my bullet attractor and can still shoot me. i'm not to sure but i think these glitchesmay need to be fixed. last but not least crush, its not glitched but since update 9 and planet levels got buffed mags crush even with a full focus does little to no damage past lv30. none of her damage capable mods can kill much of anything past that lv. (except maybe corpus due to low life and armor but they have the highest lvl cap so its mute). im sorry to ask but perhaps you could up the base dmg? most attack frames pack way more dmg than she does

i know i made a post of this already but i think this is probably the only place mag really gets attention.

I only own 2 warframes, got frost prime so had been leveling that but went back and had a go with mag (which I always loved, till I realised I had all the frost prime parts so thought might as well build it).  Tried crush, saw that it was now useless, went back to frost.

But in more detail...

Pull is just different, I prefered the old one as I mostly used it to single out a high powered unit not pull the whole lot to my feet.

Shield polarise - as bad as crush is still better then shield polarise - why transfer a little shield power when I could do some damage and leave them hanging there long enough for me to regenerate more shields anyway.

Crush was really the only power mag had that was special and now damage is so low it's a bit pointless.

Honestly, I feel like Mag should be more of an armor-piercing frame. We already have a Fire-element frame, Freeze-element frame, Electrical-element frame and Poison-element frame. Mag's control over magnetism makes her a prime target for a focus on armor-piercing abilities. Why? Because abilities like Crush should make collapsing a Grineer marine's armor around him deal even more damage to its wearer, not allow armor to reduce it. I know, in theory the crowd-control portion of it could be enough, but in practice the fact that the crowd-control only affects enemies that enter the field before its activation (and leaves Mag completely vulnerable to those who entered after) leaves some room to be desired. Plus you have to imagine that Pulling an opponent by the metals on their body would probably wreck the structures being pulled, no?

Something for Shield Polarize too, the "damages and heals shields around you" thing is neat but pretty limited, especially as most enemies (Grineer grunts, most Corpus crewmen and all Infested) don't even have shields. Its primary selling point shouldn't be that it damages shields if I can already do that with bullets- it should be that it completely wrecks enemies with shields. I think we could take a page out of the book of her other abilities (making enemies' advantages work against them, if you include Crush above and Bullet Attractor as it stands) and maybe have Shield Polarize not only completely drain an opponent's shields to zero (at max rank anyway), but also temporarily block regeneration and deal some amount of damage based on the shields drained, perhaps as a short-circuiting shock to nearby enemies, or just to the one whose shields were drained. Alternately, it could completely drain opponents' shields to zero, temporarily block regeneration and simultaneously raise allies' shields above their maximum based on the amount of shields drained. The regenerative block would also give Mag yet another use for Continuity, which is a plus.

Edited by Archwizard

Prevention is better than cure

The problem with Mag's shield polarize is that it's difficult to mind the sheild bars. and usually when these go down, death comes quickly after. Instead of making it replenish shields, make shield polarize replenish shields OR add shields to the maximum shields. Also, make it trigger shield recharge if the frame's shields is below max.

Example.

Rhino has max redirection and has 1100 shields.

He gets hit by something and his shields go down to 500. With shield polarize, it goes back up to 800 and will continue to recharge to max unless it is interrupted by damage again.

if Rhino is at max shields, 1100, and is hit by shield polarize, his shields will become 1400/1100. Casting another shield polarize will not increase his shields again unless it's from a different Mag.

Another effect that can be added to it is to reduce shield recharge delay for x seconds instead of kick starting the recharge.

CC over damage.

Crush needs a rework, not to give it more damage, but to give it utility.

Option A.

Crush deals 800 damage, but instead of crushing the enemies into little balls and hitting them with magnetized particles, levitate them then pin them to walls for 8 seconds.

Option B

Crush deals 50 damage 16 times over 16 seconds (or 100 damage 8 times over 8 seconds). During this time, the enemies are magnetized to the ground and are consistently forced down, unable to get up until the duration ends. Any enemy that steps in the AOE will be forced down the same way. Mag will have to channel this ability and  it will end if mag is knocked down.

Prevention is better than cure

The problem with Mag's shield polarize is that it's difficult to mind the sheild bars. and usually when these go down, death comes quickly after. Instead of making it replenish shields, make shield polarize replenish shields OR add shields to the maximum shields. Also, make it trigger shield recharge if the frame's shields is below max.

Example.

Rhino has max redirection and has 1100 shields.

He gets hit by something and his shields go down to 500. With shield polarize, it goes back up to 800 and will continue to recharge to max unless it is interrupted by damage again.

if Rhino is at max shields, 1100, and is hit by shield polarize, his shields will become 1400/1100. Casting another shield polarize will not increase his shields again unless it's from a different Mag.

Another effect that can be added to it is to reduce shield recharge delay for x seconds instead of kick starting the recharge.

CC over damage.

Crush needs a rework, not to give it more damage, but to give it utility.

Option A.

Crush deals 800 damage, but instead of crushing the enemies into little balls and hitting them with magnetized particles, levitate them then pin them to walls for 8 seconds.

Option B

Crush deals 50 damage 16 times over 16 seconds (or 100 damage 8 times over 8 seconds). During this time, the enemies are magnetized to the ground and are consistently forced down, unable to get up until the duration ends. Any enemy that steps in the AOE will be forced down the same way. Mag will have to channel this ability and  it will end if mag is knocked down.

Option B I would love them to change it to that. Reminds me of the "Gravity" ability that was polled for Nova in the Design Council which had nothing to do with anti matter. Animation would look pretty cool too. +1

Option B

... Isn't that basically a nerfed Soundquake?

Honestly I think Mags' crowd control is in a pretty good place right now, what with the AoE Pull and Bullet Attractor being... pretty buggy but strong as ever...

Edited by Archwizard

... Isn't that basically a nerfed Soundquake?

Honestly I think Mags' crowd control is in a pretty good place right now, what with the AoE Pull and Bullet Attractor being... pretty buggy but strong as ever...

Bullet attractor is too expensive to spam. The scaling damage is nice though.

Does sound quake make movement impossible?

Not sure how else to give that skill more of an umph. and I don't just want another Saryn. >_< CC or bust without damage scaling. With damage scaling hard damage increases from weapon mods are going to be obsolete and we'll be back in the same place we were. One set of viable things and another of non viable things.

Option B

this will make Crush a better CC while the allies can down-attack or shot at the enemies for free.

the 50/ 100 damage shld be armor ignore damage.

Bullet attractor is too expensive to spam. The scaling damage is nice though.

Does sound quake make movement impossible?

Not sure how else to give that skill more of an umph. and I don't just want another Saryn. >_< CC or bust without damage scaling. With damage scaling hard damage increases from weapon mods are going to be obsolete and we'll be back in the same place we were. One set of viable things and another of non viable things.

1. Bullet Attractor only really needs to be on one target once you've maxed it and put a Stretch on it. I've had it cover half the room before, why would I need to focus the bullets on two targets. :P

Well okay, WITH THE EXCEPTION of the explosive effect, since it seems to have about half the radius of standard Bullet Attractor. That just seems weird to me.

2. Soundquake does stagger opponents that enter it while it's active. At least, last I checked.

3. Why shouldn't she be more damage focused? It was made a starter to replace Volt (aka the "potent alternative to gunplay"). She's got a nice mix of CC abilities already, but most people are turned off due to her low damage, especially at higher levels. The advertisement for Mag in loading screens speaks highly of Crush as an ability that can "quickly turn the tide of battle".