Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

Pull - PLEASE for santa's sake FIX it ,pretty please, it was one of the most useful skills, i need to target teammates ,

it is pull afterwards

how i'm suppose to help downed teammates swarmed in poisonous clouds?

i just really hope more Mag players start to complain on this

edit after more testing

Pull - doesn't really pull anymore unless you are way too close, enemies get stuck on obstacles (reiling etc.. http://imageshack.us/a/img546/5959/qpr1.png , no before they did NOT)

the teammates pull really needs to come back , i'm 100% Mag player and really not happy with it, this skill just got broken should have left alone (http://imageshack.us/a/img515/3039/wz8y.png , yea before i got there he died in poison clouds,because i couldn't pull him out , neither was able to pull the ancients out at all, just knock them down

Shield Polarize - works same as used to (still can restore shields on teammates/pod and remove shields on enemies- heavy grineer takes half shield down on Kiste with maxed focus and maxed skill) now its aoe, i like it

Bullet Attractor - i believe it works same as before, but the "bubble" got humungous

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/6854/gqe.png

,should not be affected by stretch/coil helm, makes it useless in tight spots ( after reading few posts here ,even that you can still make the "headshot' when aiming for head ,it is not bad idea to redirect those bullets to weak spot)

Crush - i like how enemies get knocked down, now if not killed with the crush,

problem is that the crush makes enemies stuck inside floor(under map) http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/4812/4f5.png , same as Vauban's vortex

edit 2 - not 100% sure if its the random "mission failed" bug that happens for no apparent reason time to time, but on the forma alert and than on random mission (both with hostage rescue), when i used crush it killed the hostage... both missions failed right when crush was used

Edited by 1beerhead1

Edit for Notso: You don't have to, but it pays to know how things work, right? 

What I'm saying is, any and all projectiles which hit Bullet Attractor's hitbox should be automatically redirected to the enemy's weak spot.

Even better though, make it a repulsion field when cast on allies :)

Edited by Notso

What I'm saying is, any and all projectiles which hit Bullet Attractor's hitbox should be automatically redirected to the enemy's weak spot.

Even better though, make it a repulsion field when cast on allies :)

I did say 'Maybe it should hit weak points directly' in the previous post. I'm fairly certain also that I wrote that along with the first edit, as I only did a little grammatical correctly afterward.

Edit : The second idea's a thought, though I'd hope they visually change how it looks if they do that. Lol

Edited by Hauteclere

Do we know how much the shield polarize drains enemies? 300 nuke around them per target is pretty sweet assuming each nuke can hit a target, and isn't just 1 nuke per cast. I THINK it's 600 but is that right?

And I think my biggest issue with bullet attractor is Kril and Jackal. I haven't used it since I saw it happen on Jackal. If you attach to his body, you can't hit his legs if you don't aim at his toes -.-;

Do we know how much the shield polarize drains enemies? 300 nuke around them per target is pretty sweet assuming each nuke can hit a target, and isn't just 1 nuke per cast. I THINK it's 600 but is that right?

And I think my biggest issue with bullet attractor is Kril and Jackal. I haven't used it since I saw it happen on Jackal. If you attach to his body, you can't hit his legs if you don't aim at his toes -.-;

That's...strange considering one of the first things I tested BA on for the center damage accusation was jackel. I could hit the legs and any part of the target like normal without any special tricks. I did find that it may depend on the weapon though...(As odd as that sounds)

..Do you remember what weapon was used when this happened?

Or wait..What if it's a client issue?

Edit for Notso: No big. 

Edited by Hauteclere

That's...strange considering one of the first things I tested BA on for the center damage accusation was jackel. I could hit the legs and any part of the target like normal without any special tricks. I did find that it may depend on the weapon though...(As odd as that sounds)

..Do you remember what weapon was used when this happened?

Or wait..What if it's a client issue?

Well like I said it was a while ago. Around update 7. It's possible something has changed since then, but nobody on my team could hit the legs. I believe back then I was using the standard equipment, not sure if I had bought the Braton yet or not.

I'd rather have this version. Frankly if you needed to use pull to safely revive a player, you need better guns or the player deserved to die.

Really dude? Heaven forbid we be friendly and make life easier for someone. No no, OBVIOUSLY the rule is that if you're not B.A. enough to single handedly take out every infested ancient swarming your buddy your buddy deserved to Die.

Please take your lone wolf style of play and shove it while I keep my friends alive.

Not to mention, I'd much rather have a single Target Pull than bring all the big baddies toward me. that sounds like it's gonna get a lot of mags dropped by heavy units with Radial blast or get disrupted, or knocked over, or infinistunned by Runners. I have various issues with the new Pull.

Edited by TatsuKimiero

Pull seems to be bugged. My friend was using it in a Grineer level, and while it would damage and stagger enemies, it would not pull them to her. Also her Shield Polarize became enourmous, easily covering huge arenas. We were fighting Tela and Kril with it and with it up we literally couldn't shoot anything else in the entire room.

WTF are you all talking about "Pulling the danger to mag" ?Do you even play Mag? Are you all serious?

Mag's pull knocks down the enemies for a good 2-3 seconds. Enemies can't kill you if they are on the floor.. Not to mention, if you are at max range, the enemies don't even get all the way to you.. they are only pulled half way.

This is nothing but a gigantic buff to the skill.  You can chain cast it 4 times and have the lockdown duration be more like 8-12 seconds..

Maybe it's just me, but now that I actually get to test these out, I'm actually no longer pulling people. It's more of, whatever direction they're moving in, they keep moving in that direction, and trip. Pull is now completely broken and ceases to work. If it worked as advertised, it would have to be used tactically to do the same thing it could before, and a smart Mag user would be able to make it work. Now, it doesn't work at all, and the frame in itself is completely useless. Shield Polarize does a meagar amount of damage, and a paltry restore. The new splash damage at the end of bullet attractor is nice, but that only makes it useful if you use it on an enemy in the middle of a crowd, and even then, the damage won't do much unless you're on the lower end missions. I'm glad you didn't touch crush. Without pull, that's all Mag has going for it. All the theorycrafting aside, you've taken a warframe that's needed reworking, and bent it even further out of proportion, taking out the one pivotal part of it's abilties, and then in an attempt to make it stronger, completely gimped it. I can't really rant about problems with the other frames because i don't have them, but I really hope this was the only problem that arose because of this hotfix.

Well like I said it was a while ago. Around update 7. It's possible something has changed since then, but nobody on my team could hit the legs. I believe back then I was using the standard equipment, not sure if I had bought the Braton yet or not.

Ah I see. That makes sense. Thanks for your information, I think I see myself stalking the official and unofficial patch note threads to see where issues may be coming from in the future---should I take up looking over another Warframe again.

Edit: 

RevTanuki : Let's remember glitches and oversights occur in programming, as well as in character ability creation as a whole. I'm just happy Scott is actually making an effort here, and letting us know in a feedback thread designed specifically to concentrate our opinions and thoughts.

Not to mention I don't think anyone requires a guilt trip for a mistake on this level, ne?

Edited by Hauteclere

While some of the tweaks are better then before she still seems underwhelming. I'll probably dust her off to test the changes out but I'm sure I'll put her back on the shelf.

I like the new changes to Pull, its primary use prior was as a knockdown for harder units. It was pretty useful, even though as a whole she wasn't. Most people will say its only use was pulling a downed teammate to revive, which is just wrong. While it could be used for that and was useful for it, it was rare, while you could use it as a knockdown frequently. Maybe this could be re-added though? Like suggested, right clicking while aiming at a target or something could make it single target.

The damage is minor but its whatever, more than it had before. I doubt it'll do anything to armored units though.

Need to test out the changes to Shield Polarize and Bullet Attractor. They seem slightly better but I don't know how useful.

Edited by lolRebel

So far this is what I'm noticing after only a few games with Mag.

1. Pull has a much better feel, a much better use, but also comes with one issue I've noticed.  If you pull too many mobs, they will "wrap" around you and you won't be able to move.  I couldn't even jump out of the circle of mobs, I was completely immobile.  

2. Shield Polarize, seems to work as intended.  Don't plan on testing further, since I'm moving to Rhino.

3. Bullet Attractor, The problem with bullet attractor is that the bubble is now MASSIVE.  And within the bubble you can't do  damage, but you have to run to other rooms to get out of the bubble and then it's redirected back at the mobs.  Within the bubble, you do no damage at all.  Also, the explosion, seems to be working as intended.  The delay, leaves you feeling like you just hit a massive lag spike, or the game is frozen for a second.

4. Crush is crush.  

Other than these few issues, Mag now feels more useful, but the cast times for her 1 and 3 spells feels much too long.  It just loses fluidity having to wait the entire time.  I feel like pull should be instant, or close to it, for a better feel.  If it's the same cast time as crush, why wouldn't you just use crush?  

Edit: Added updated info after 2 more tests.

In conclusion, I think it's a good step toward fixing Mag and more testing will have to be done once all of the new issues have been fixed up.

Edited by iPrevenge

And here I thought bullet attractor was going to be like Sargus Ruk, where the enemy gets hurt by its own projectile, i think it would make that skill great, I always wondered why it worked only one way. For 75 energy shield polarize should simply remove all shields from all enemies in a certain radius, while simultaneously restoring group shields. 

Isn't pulling everything in front of you kind of..... dangerous?

Cause im guessing that means all enemies will get up at the same time and if there isnt anyone around to help you you are just going to have a bunch of enemies in your face. I guess the tactic is continue to run back away from them? This may result in people leaving you behind.

Mag has one damaging ability so bringing several enemies closer to her is a very dangerous move.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I was using Stretch mod to see how it affected Pull. I ended up testing Bullet Attractor instead and...

Well... I highly doubt it was supposed to affect its size to this point.

Tz8Vp3D.jpg

The result is that if I shot my despair from this distance, it will be attracted towards the enemy. However, when I was inside the sphere and tried using my Braton, NONE of the hits landed on the enemy. This is definitely a glitch.

And here I thought bullet attractor was going to be like Sargus Ruk, where the enemy gets hurt by its own projectile, i think it would make that skill great, I always wondered why it worked only one way. For 75 energy shield polarize should simply remove all shields from all enemies in a certain radius, while simultaneously restoring group shields. 

Well actually bullet attractor DOES work that way. I've killed Napalm Grineer by simply putting BA around them, and running around their field of view doing my thing. It's just probably that the damage is a bit underwhelming once you actually realize what you're getting.

Someone once suggested to me that the weapons the grineer use and we use are the same 'The Grakata' and as such basically only do 'unmodded damage' versus our modded damage. This may not be entirely true but it does raise a question...

How much damage a singular mob actually do per level, and how much actually gets knocked back at them?

Edit for Casardis : BA's always been like that to my knowledge. Its not that its a glitch so much as that it has to hit the sphere in order to be redirected. It's not a vacuum or anything.

Edited by Hauteclere

@Hauteclere: I see. Well what about the size? Has it always been like this? I sure don't remember, and it sure renders it a lot more useless since it's WAY too big, meaning everyone needs to be far away in order to do stuff.

Additionally, if it's about hitting the sphere, then why does it do the sound effect as if the bullets were attracted even when I'm inside of it? The result is that when you're inside the sphere, NONE of my bullets can hit anything because it literally disappears (since it doesn't home damage on the targeted enemy).

Edited by Casardis

I have Stretch maxed and Bullet Attractor maxed and OMG how big that globe should be? if I use it in a medium ranged target, I'm inside the globe and my bullets hit ME... check that plz

PS: and Pull isn't "pulling" friends or foes...

Edited by kvra65

I have Stretch maxed and Bullet Attractor maxed and OMG how big that globe should be? if I use it in a medium ranged target, I'm inside the globe and my bullets hit ME... check that plz

It doesn't hit you. Like I said, I tried it with my Braton and the result is that it does nothing, and you can't shoot anyone else since it's attracted towards nothingness instead of hitting the designed enemy.

It doesn't hit you. Like I said, I tried it with my Braton and the result is that it does nothing, and you can't shoot anyone else since it's attracted towards nothingness instead of hitting the designed enemy.

I tried it with my Gorgon with Ice and Fire Mods and yes it's hitting me

I suppose we needed to be more vocal about what Mag needed as this still keeps her as the worst frame in the game.

Pull while nice, now loses the utility of being able to pull allies, but gains the ability to get everything off the pod quickly now.

Shield polarize doesn't scale and the fact it doesn't block shields makes the aoe pointless. As giving it Aoe you may think to use it on a group covered by a shield osprey, but their shields will start to recharge immediately.

Bullet attractor is still a waste of 75 energy on bosses or enemies as without it pulling all bullets to the weakspot regardless of where they're shot it's a 25 energy less worse Crush.

Crush is still subpar due to it's armour reduced damage, way too long animation, and new enemies being able to enter the area and get free damage on you due to the long animation.

She's still too situational to be good.

I tried it with my Gorgon with Ice and Fire Mods and yes it's hitting me

I see. It didn't happen to me though, but I haven't tested it thoroughly so I'll take your word for it.

However, I could easily pull a huge mob with the ability, so I'm not sure what your issue is here. I don't even have Stretch maxed out either.