Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

It's a range of 1 slide-dash, mean pretty far. I dont know if they change the diameter of the bubble. But if that the case you mean, that bubble would be big enough to cover 2 Hyena stand together.

And it was not explained why I can't hit the mob

2 Hyenas? Make it at least 4 Jackals. Look back at my post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/73286-mag-83-feedback-thread/?p=793282

As for how you can't hit the mob, I think it's because of how the bullet travels inside of the bubble. It goes in a weird fashion so it never hits them. In fact, as someone pointed out in that page I linked as well, it's possible to hit YOURSELF, as if you've cast it on you (similarly to when the Saturn boss does it on you), which is utterly ridiculous and stupid.

Edited by Casardis

Does crush do KD or do they still get right up afterwards?

That should be fixed. So said the patch notes.

As to the Crush discussion about its damage. I have a better idea. Reverse the armor for damage. So with it being standard 1k damage, if and they have 30% armor against normal, instead of dealing 700 damage, it would deal 1300. Thinkin' outside the box baby ;) Considering it's about magnetism, you'd think armor would work against you.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the ability to have two Mag's cast pull on the same target and rip it straight in half in a bloody mess of goodness. Mm mm.

I seem to be having an issue. I did a raid run, and after I got he artifact, I couldn't pull anyone. I need to test some more to be sure, but it sure seems like the artifact blocks pulling.

EDIT: Nope, it's just not hitting sometimes for me.

Other than that I love the new update.

Edited by theammostore

That should be fixed. So said the patch notes.

As to the Crush discussion about its damage. I have a better idea. Reverse the armor for damage. So with it being standard 1k damage, if and they have 30% armor against normal, instead of dealing 700 damage, it would deal 1300. Thinkin' outside the box baby ;) Considering it's about magnetism, you'd think armor would work against you.

Btw, I'm still waiting for the ability to have two Mag's cast pull on the same target and rip it straight in half in a bloody mess of goodness. Mm mm.

This makes sense, assuming the armor is made of magnetically conductive material. More armor means more things to crush the fleshy bits with. Of course I don't suggest actually doing this as it can do extremely devastating damage at high level defence missions. I don't understand how magnetising bones and crushing something from the inside could be negated by armour though.

pull is still crap and now you can get completely surrounded by enemies and it doesn't always knock them down now.

shield polarize is a joke any of my weapons can do the damage it does in 1 second and the skill does it to shields ONLY.

bullet attractor still only good to make the boss not shoot you and other classes handle that better by just killing it quickly.

no crush rework sux so many enemies enter it's tiny range after its short lift phase and munch you b4 it finally crushes them and lets you move. also still cant figure out why crap can immediately come eat me after i have CRUSHED THEIR BONES.(or frame)

i think you should replace shield polarity with some thing where you polarize the area slowing or stopping them from walking.

crush just needs to affect any enemy that walks into it while crap is still lifted.(maybe larger range its tiny for an ult)

pull and bullet attractor should just go.

Going through one power at a time

Area pull is nice but I do miss being able to target players. I am fine with the multiple people shorter range trade off but it would be nice to be able to pull a player like how it worked before if you were aiming at them. or just have pull work like it did when in aim mode (single target longer range, can affect allies) and keep the new functionality for when out of aim mode.

EDIT: forgot to mention pull seems to be broken if you are not the host, people just fall down instead of getting pulled. I am very sure this is a bug and hope to see it working correctly soon.

Shield polarize is still a skill I do not fully understand. It only affects shields something that most targets do not have, and the thing that takes the most damage anyway (not counting headshots / elemental weaknesses) as shields ignore armor. It just seems odd to have an ability that only targets something rare and easy to hurt. The healing is nice but was hard to do, and I do appreciate that it is easier now (and that it self targets if your not looking at a valid target) but it still seems like a small amount. I would personally recomend making it heal / hurt a like it currently does but also have it buff / debuff the recharge rate, or make it so you regen shields while getting shot at for a very short time. That would let it scale better and be very useful as some bosses shields are a pain without rapid fire weapons.

Bullet attractor is the one I have messed with the least. The theory is nice but if it is making shots divert away from what you want to then that is very bad. If you only make it redirect if the shout would have already missed( or redirect to a more vital spot is headshot / banshee sonar spot) then it would be great. It seems a bad choice to make a support move make things harder to do. There is also apparently some problems with the size of the bubble but my mag is low level and so only has a rank 0 on so I can't comment on that.

Crush was not changed except that people do not pop back up if they do not die. This is a very nice change but is still seems bad that a magnetic power is its worst to heavy armored people. It still seems like it should either ignore armor or preferable have some sort of interaction where it does MORE damage to heavy armored people.

I think these changes are overall a good thing and with the exception of pull, and bullet attractor most people seem to be in favor of them. I think that by making bull use both forms depending on aiming or not would solve a lot of those people's issues. Also based on the pictures I've seen im guessing the bubble size is a bug. If its not I would recomend taking another look at it.

Sorry for the wall of text. Keep tweaking DE you are making good progress.

Edited by Zeritol

Shield Polarize should be an effect over time.

The Polarize buff on players constantly regenerates their shields for its duration, removing the 3 second delay entirely. 

The Polarize debuff on enemies constantly drains their shields for its duration, effectively disabling their recharge.

re: PULL

I too think if you're a client the PULL ability is not working; it just thrusts them on the ground, and you can't pull the shields off the Grineer anymore too!  I think this should be addressed asap.

Bullet attractor is nice, but the real issue is it costs so darn much. If it was another 25 cost ability, the fact that it disables the damage from a single target would be enough to make it solid.

The damage burst from it is nice, but if the theory is you'll use it on small enemies in a crowd for the damage burst, well... not for 75 energy, buster. That's nearly enough for a crush, which will do more damage in a bigger area and stun!

I feel like it would be way better if Pull was single target and say... only 10 energy. Add a new power called 'Push' and let you AOE push enemies(like pull does now).

Last off, combine Crush and Bullet Attractor, do some nice damage and also would make sense to pull in bullets while you're at it.

And here I thought bullet attractor was going to be like Sargus Ruk, where the enemy gets hurt by its own projectile, i think it would make that skill great, I always wondered why it worked only one way. For 75 energy shield polarize should simply remove all shields from all enemies in a certain radius, while simultaneously restoring group shields.

Make this happens please 

Edited by Frostmire

So, for those of us who tried, Pull doesn't really help teammates anymore but pulls groups of enemies towards you. I hope those aren't Toxic Ancients or Heavy Grineer who haven't used their Radial Blast. That is going to get you killed pretty easily. Especially since it's more then one target.

Bullet Attractor still isn't team friendly at all. I would rather it be removed or actually be re-worked. The larger bubble makes situations even worse then before. Now un-modded this bubble is HUGE! Any team members shooting to defend themselves in the bubble is probably going to die. Not only does the bubble redirect the damage inside, it also causes the team member in there to be unable to shoot the target of Bullet Attractor. If you're inside the bubble Bullet Attractor is not your friend. It may actually help the enemy kill you.

This update is making me hate my favorite frame...

Haven't tested my mag yet, but this could just be because the size of the bullet attractor increased exponentially.

Bullet Attractor drags shots to target's center mass, there's no doubt about that. But it's still possible to score headshots, or was, prior to this update. The bullet takes a straight line from wherever it impacts on the globe towards (on most enemies) the chest area. If you hit the top of the globe, it will go down, and hit them in the head, thus, headshot, thus, no aiming headshots, which made it quite powerful in some very singular situations.

With a bigger globe, hitting the top could be harder, and there will still be plenty of room for the bullet to not go straight for the head and hit the body instead.

Perhaps this could be countered by using a lower level of bullet attractor so the globe is small for the moment?

I would really like to see a fix to this, making bullet attractor automatically transfer shots to enemies' weakpoints could be a little OP with weapons like the Gorgon and Grakata involved. Perhaps giving every bullet that gets attracted a 25% dmg increase or turning 50% of it's damage into innate AP like the Snipetron would be a more permanent fix without being too OP, as the enemy inside the globe usually stops shooting once he's affected (at least heavy gunners, they do single shots and stop, for example instead of gorgoning themselves to death) and his buddies try to go around in my experience.

As Mag's single damaging skill (unless you're an osprey), I believe Crush needs either a higher damage cap, 1200/1300 or partial/full armor ignore, or perhaps it could be a bit of a faction skill, like Ember and Volt, dealing X % extra damage against grineer, since they're the most armored and crushing armor sounds like it would cause all sorts of damage to the creature inside.

Shield Polarize might need a buff on how much shield it takes down. Like many other skills, it doesn't scale so well, and seeing as it doesn't do direct damage, I believe it should scale into higher level content better.

Perhaps switch SP and BA around, make Shield Polarize remove all shields/give all shields back to enemies/allies but cost 75 energy and BA cost 50.

I spend a lot of time on the Mag. I can tell you for a fact that has been this way for a very long time. I will admit that the size of the sphere does strengthen the effect to a degree. The point I am making is that if the shot was going to hit them in the head, it doesn't. This means that if you are a player focusing down a target and you do not know this [iE: non-mag users] the skill will effectively lower DPS.

A funny thing happened a couple patches back, prior to it...BA only effected bullets and rockets. After the patch, it effected ALL PROJECTILES. This included not only corpus laser weapons, but also the ancient's ranged poke attack! It would effectively disarm disruptors. The reason I bring this up being, when used against non-conventional enemies like say an ancient [which wasn't that bad an idea for disruptors before this patch] it makes landing a headshot...Or in this case ankle shot practically impossible, because the position on the sphere you need to nail is in the floor. Eventually this game will add more enemies with weak points that BA will make impossible to land.

As for whether or not auto weak point would be too much, think about the potential damage that comes out of Mind Controlling an enemy for 25 energy when compared to BA for 75. Mind Control a grineer napalms and he will not only die, but probably take out half the room doing it. During this time since he won't fight you unless you are the last one in the room, you essentially turn his damage off and this is far less situational. I understand that they have different kits, but given the state of things now I don't think it'd be too much to ask. Best of all, as a solution it's usefulness scales throughout the game as it's damage scales with your weapons and the weapons of enemies. It would also invite counterplay if say you had to face an enemy who's weak point is on it's back!

You have to keep in mind when you use AP that it is really just another element and that some monsters are resistant to it. This would mean that in your suggestion it would still lower DPS in some cases and have near no effect on others. It would become more situational a skill than it is now. The damage increase could work, but it is just a watered down weak point enhancer. Though I can see why you would suggest this when certain enemies take 3-4 times damage from weak points. Remember that it is 75 energy and only single target. You could also compare it to Sonar, which is AoE and always yields quad damage for 100.

As is...Bullet attractor seem to do more harm then help...shield polarize...im not even sure if i can heal the cryopod shield...crush need armor ignore....and pull...im unsure since im use to the single target/pulling ally...either I need to adapt myself to the new change but look more like a nerf thena  buff to me...

Mag should be a utility warframe..not a damage dealer .w.

I don't see why everyone is so upset about Crush not getting a buff. It is a fantastic skill as is and does a lot better than a lot of other clears come late game [save the armor ignoring ones which are usually far more target restricted]. If they gave her Uber something they would have to take away from it somewhere else. I mean my Mag fully upgraded can hit almost everything on the minimap with it if not a little past that. If the ability ignored armor it would become broken and break practically all difficulty in the game. Increasing the damage unless by an unfair amount won't help either, as as later game as we are talking things are reducing damage by 75%ish.

I understand that Mag lacks a lot of damage, but she has great utility. I don't see a reason why she should get to clear rooms late game when skills like Overload, World on Fire, Avalanche and Sound Quake cannot! If you want Crush to kill late game [past level 50 enemies] you would have to compromise something...

A long time ago, when I first got here I thought about it and found a solution that I no longer care for all that much. If you want Crush to deal armor ignoring damage, I think there is only one way to go about it. Leave the CC and range alone, but instead of dealing flat damage...Have the skill deal it's damage from a reservoir of potential damage and limit it at a specific amount. Say something, as an example, like 10,000 damage [could be any number really]. When used the skill would prioritize low health enemies first dealing exactly as much damage as it would take to kill them. It would continue on until everything was dead of the damage had run out, leaving the remaining enemies to ragdoll on the floor. If there was only one target it would try to spend all of said damage on the one, though bosses would innately be immune to crush or take severely reduced damage from it. In this was the skill could be balanced to be an effective killing tool into late game. It would effectively work the same as it does now early when enemies have less health. It would even work better vs. the grineer who mainly scale in armor for their defensive stat, but would be less effective vs. the infested who scale up in HP!

Nope, sorry. She's still Useless Tier. A little closer to the Low Tier but still not quite enough.

Pull - Why it's so important for DE to keep this skill? It's not good enough. Why not give her some kind of AoE Magnetic Rise or something.

Shield Polarize - Really? Wow. Just... wow. It doesn't matter if it's single target, AoE or Global Range. It sucks. You can change it so it will affect every mob on the map and it's still one of the most useless skills in the game.

Bullet Attractor - Damage is non-existant. Still can't headshot the target. Duh...

Crush - This skill needs Armor Ignore. Badly.

Mag is a bit better but not by much at all. Her skills really need to be looked at. 

Pull: Maybe have an option to also push I can see that being awesome in a defense mission.

Shield Polarize: Be able to cast on yourself so you'll have a sort of a heal when things get tuff. If not that then grant temporary invulnerability for team mates who get their shield recharged. Maybe has it stun enemies who do not have shields?

Bullet Attractor : To be honest I don't really see the point in this skill I never see it do too much. I'm able to take enemies down quicker but hitting weak spots. Also sometimes enemies will stop firing so their bullets don't even hit the target. the only thing that I can see wthat would help this skill is to have the damage ignore armor and shield. I'd just like to see a completely new skill for her.

Crush: I would just like to see more damage on this. It's kinda crazy that saryn and a few others can use one AOE to destory high level mobs and mag can't.  You need to use 2 crushes to take out high level mobs. I currently do not have focus on her so please correct if I am wrong. 

I dont know if this working as intended or buggy but Pull seems to be mostly knocking people down on the spot they were.

And it's not interrupting Shock MOAs from their stomp,  had a couple of occasion that i Pull mid-stomp and i did end up pulling the MOA towards me but it continued the stomp animation and the shockwave went off from the location it originally was. And this really need to be looked at ASAP because that is one of the main uses of this ability, being able to interrupt enemies.

Edited by Mak_Gohae