Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

MAGNETIZE BONES?? HOW?

Simple, there's iron in red blood cells, bone marrow makes red blood cells.

On topic, as a Mag player I'm rather happy with these changes, barring the bugs. One thing that annoys me is the global radius of Bullet Attractor with max focus/ stretch, if it's going to be that large you could at least let me redirect the cannon projectiles in the Galleon at Ruk.

Edited by ViralN9

I Like the buff to mag EXCEPT FOR PULL

omfg, what were you thinking DE? I loved Pull before you changed it, it was one of the best tier 1 skills in the game!

"Oh my buddy is down in a group of infested ancients, guess ill pull him to safety up on this ledge and revive him" GONE.

And this is the best you can think of? Trips up enemies and does damage? Great thats exactly what warframe needed, another tier 1 ability that just does damage.

--> I went to tolstoj to test Pull the second i got the patch downloaded, and i was horrified to see it literally GIB EVERYTHING (except Vor)

WHYYYYY? All you've done is make Mag more boring to play, and ruin Sonic Boom (banshees ability)

Well I've been testing Shield polarize on Europa. It seems it is capable of killing MOA of various types, shockwaves included, if they are in any way assisted by Shield Osprey. It seems the more the Osprey is connected to, the more it causes damage. I'm not certain if this is the case for sure or not...but I killed a group of mobs with shield polarize and got quite the surprise.

I will note however that I do have a rank 3 Focus.

I have to say, at least when corpus is involved shield polarize has way more use now.

As for pull I noticed the interesting add that it will at times pull mobs from their hiding places if they don't perfectly cover their bodies in any way. That basically means we can now pull mobs from cover to our feet, at varying distances---depending on how you take advantage of the pull cap.

I still haven't gotten a chance to test it on team mates to see if it heals sheilds or not. So I'll be playing some online games to see if I get a chance.

It seems so far Bullet Attraction is now the only particularly problematic skill.

Edit : By the way guys. Pull is fine. You just aren't using it right. You need to flip your thinking around. When you see a friend surrounded by enemies and he's obviously in a bad situation you can now pull every single enemy off of him and give him a chance to run away. YOu also create an opening for friends to run up and ressurrect them while you're dealing with what's at your feet---if you decide to let them stand there. (Remember how pull used to knock enemies over? Yeah. It still does that. To every single enemy you pull toward you. That's an advantage.)

With streamline, and sheild polarize---depending on the enemies you're fighting, you can easily handle any amount of enemy you pull toward you, provided you play smart.

There's a time to pull, and just stand there, and then there's a time to pull, and haul &#! the other way so that the enemies you pulled don't stomp you.

You have to use your head. The pull we have right now is superior to our old pull. 

Which reminds me. You can now pull while in the air.

Edited by Hauteclere

As a full on Mag user. No. Just no.

The new Pull is a horrible idea. I just tested it in-game and it's just no. NO! I can pull a whole group of enemies to my feet and some of them land ontop of my head. Mag can't deal with that many enemies with her abilities. In order to pull anything I have to aim at a wall or their feet. It does not work with targeting the enemy directly. The pull also no longer effects allies either. So instead of pulling an ally to a safe spot to revive I now pull the several Toxic Ancients at me instead, leaving my ally still way over there, and now I'm going to die from this ability. I'm sorry but I really do not approve of the new Pull.

Shield Polarize! Still just as useless. I mean really? They didn't change anything other then giving the same targeting system Pull now use. The skill is still just as useless. Enemies with no shields are still unaffected. The rest of the function if virtually the same. I can now hit a larger amount of teammates if they ever do stand next to eachother but other then that... Nothing even change.

I slightly love the new Bullet Attractor for the new ending effect. However I still don't love it enough to say it was a good idea. You made the default range of the Bullet Attractor larger forcing teammates to lose DPS on attacking stronger enemies. Hell even shooting the enemy in the Bullet Attractor is still bad DPS. People wanted Bullet Attractor to not effect well aimed shots that would hit but to attract shots that miss and was about to leave the bubble on the other side. So it can do damage to a group now? I still rather shoot it normally instead of using the skill. It'll never add up to the amount of damage players would do in the few seconds the skill is up.

Final Thoughts?

No. These changes didn't help Mag at all. They turned her into a support that can't effectively support anyone. No ability to rescue teammates who are downed far away. Shield Polarized is still useless against enemies and still didn't heal enough on allies. Bullet Attractor is still messing with team DPS. The skill wouldn't help players defend from infested very well, it ruins player's ability to aim at weakpoints. Just no. Mag did not need these changes.

All testing was done with no mods that edited Power Range or Power Damage.

I'll revive and update my topic on Mag. Now... Let's Fix: Mag! Again!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62457-lets-fix-mag-edition/

Edited by BBYiffo

I like most of it, being a long time Mag user! I think Scott did a pretty good job, bugs withstanding.

Pull - Is now AoE and works very well. It did lose some range, but given what you get it is worth it! I haven't had a chance to check and see if it pulls allies, but given that it would no longer pull them away from enemies that is kind of moot. The range is great when you consider Stretch and Alternate helmet boost [combine for a 70% range increase to 42 meters, a little longer than base pull, but about as big as most rooms]. It has great synergy with fist weapons, which currently have AoE downed attacks. Hate also shines with it's low sweeping charge attack which will hit a downed enemy!

Shield Polarize - Still situational offensively, but the effect being AoE...Healing all allies including yourself and the pod more than make up for this, while damaging the shields of enemies! The largest complaint that this skill saw was that you couldn't heal yourself with it which is no longer the case. The skill is almost infinitely more useful with just that alone! It feels worth casting now, which I never thought was something I would say. It also removes my dependence on my fast deflection given I have the energy to burn! The only change that I would make is that the skill be adjusted to work in a mixed % and flat number [iE: restores/removes 50% of max shields +150 flat].

Bullet Attractor - This patch introduced a bug to the skill. The bubble is too large to be useful as it is now. When I cast it on a target I usually have to back away for a good while to find the edge, the number of obstructions between generally guarantee that shots will miss. It does the same for the bullets of the target meaning that they no longer deal damage to themselves. In some cases, the skill seems to make the target unkillable. Likewise, when cast on runners who then blow themselves up...The skill bugs out pretty hard. As to the changes, I would much rather the skill dragged bullets to the enemy's weak point [would make it worth 75 energy to cast]. I will take what I can get, but the damage seems negligible, this is especially true at higher levels. I think that flat damage is the wrong direction to go in for a buff to this skill. In any case you would want to cast it to help you clear, you would simply pay the extra 25 energy to crush more enemies for more damage. If you stick to the explosion though, please make it scale in size with stretch.

For the record, I went back and tested Bullet Attractor...For all of you who do not believe that Bullet Attractor drags projectiles to center mass of a target, the proof is easily repeatable!

Things you need:

- A Mag with high level Bullet Attractor.

- An unmodded Lex pistol.

Take pistol to an open corpus level. Single out a corpus crewman, I find this works best in a large room with security lockdown. Shot him in the head [Note: if you did this correctly you shouldn't see any actual damage connect, as they are immune to normal damage headshots]. Use Bullet Attractor on your intended target. Shoot him in the head again from outside the bubble.

If you did it right you should have seen 50ish damage [52-56] given that you chose low level corpus to test on. This happens because the bullet you shot was dragged away from the head towards a part of him that that was not resistant to normal damage. The same behavior can be attributed to why hitting the upper portion of the dome is more likely to land a headshot dependent on the enemy and their model.

As a fun little add in, Bullet Attractor now works with the glaive turning it into a homing glaive! Though it is insanely difficult to land a headshot on a Bullet Atracted foe. :0o

Running into a few issues:

Pull doesn't seem to work correctly when not hosting. Pulling effect isn't present. The AoE is kind of nice though.

Shield Polarize still doesn't do enough to make it worth using. Also seemed to not effect enemies when not hosting either.

Bullet Attractor has now become a worse Snow Globe. Something needs to be done to allow ranged damage to be applied to the target from the inside.

Crush could still use a buff. Having enemies ragdolled after being hit is nice though.

Also, is it still possible to get a reduction in Energy costs for the first three skills?

For the record, I went back and tested Bullet Attractor...For all of you who do not believe that Bullet Attractor drags projectiles to center mass of a target, the proof is easily repeatable!

Things you need:

Take pistol to an open corpus level. Single out a corpus crewman, I find this works best in a large room with security lockdown. Shot him in the head [Note: if you did this correctly you shouldn't see any actual damage connect, as they are immune to normal damage headshots]. Use Bullet Attractor on your intended target. Shoot him in the head again from outside the bubble.

If you did it right you should have seen 50ish damage [52-56] given that you chose low level corpus to test on. This happens because the bullet you shot was dragged away from the head towards a part of him that that was not resistant to normal damage. The same behavior can be attributed to why hitting the upper portion of the dome is more likely to land a headshot dependent on the enemy and their model.

As a fun little add in, Bullet Attractor now works with the glaive turning it into a homing glaive! Though it is insanely difficult to land a headshot on a Bullet Atracted foe. :0o

This is certainly a new occurrence, as this was not true before the update. Though at this point after trying it myself with a different weapon I can also tell that the accuracy has been altered from its previous state. 

Thank you for your information as always, Lemonz. 

The new Pull is interesting. It will take some time to get used do the more offensive style of Pull, but could be really funny and devastating skill.

At the moment it seems a bit bugged. Stunned enemies (Kestrel charged attack) are not affected and pulling bigger mobs causes problems too.

Bullet Attractor is plain ridiculous. With a bit Stretch you end up with a HUGE bubble, bigger than some rooms...

And within the bubble you can only kill it with melee weapons. Love it that you can still throw Kestrel and it perfectly aims for the marked enemy, even while you're in the bubble.

The new AoE is a good idea but won't fire on some exploding runners.

Still great changes DE! Just fix a few small bugs and Mag is fun again ;-)

Pull is currently causing some slight problems. While doing Ceres-Varro when using pull from the pod platform on enemies on the ground, it can cause some of them to go through the floor. After 10 waves we had about 15 or so enemies under the floor, no AOE's could hit them.

Please, please please let Pull be able to singularly target enemies/allies again,  the only real issue old Pull had was how ridiculously pixel perfect you had to be when aiming it sometimes, but now with it affecting a large area it's lost all precision.

The major things I do (or did) with precision Pull is removing problem enemies from a group, pulling shielded enemies away from a blocked Shield Osprey, pulling shields off Shield Lancers, and pulling downed teammates away from trouble to make reviving them easier. All of these are negatively impacted in some way by the new version of the ability.

As a suggestion, make Pull target singular entities when you use it while in aiming mode?  Then players would have both options and Pull would be an amazing utility.

Maybe a faint bounding box indicator on the HUD will make it easier to tell which target you're looking at.

This target box can apply to the general UI, so everyone has it.

It'll also help with setting waypoints on items.

I see...I've tried pull in an online party a number of times and found that it works radically different from when I'm soloing (Hosting.) I guess that means this really is a glitch rather than a issue with it's actual design. 

Edit: I think it was already stated that it does not work right at all unless you're hosting.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Its an amazing skill when it works correctly, especially since you can do it while in the air now.

Edited by Hauteclere

Things you need:

Haven't tested my mag yet, but this could just be because the size of the bullet attractor increased exponentially.

Bullet Attractor drags shots to target's center mass, there's no doubt about that. But it's still possible to score headshots, or was, prior to this update. The bullet takes a straight line from wherever it impacts on the globe towards (on most enemies) the chest area. If you hit the top of the globe, it will go down, and hit them in the head, thus, headshot, thus, no aiming headshots, which made it quite powerful in some very singular situations.

With a bigger globe, hitting the top could be harder, and there will still be plenty of room for the bullet to not go straight for the head and hit the body instead.

Perhaps this could be countered by using a lower level of bullet attractor so the globe is small for the moment?

I would really like to see a fix to this, making bullet attractor automatically transfer shots to enemies' weakpoints could be a little OP with weapons like the Gorgon and Grakata involved. Perhaps giving every bullet that gets attracted a 25% dmg increase or turning 50% of it's damage into innate AP like the Snipetron would be a more permanent fix without being too OP, as the enemy inside the globe usually stops shooting once he's affected (at least heavy gunners, they do single shots and stop, for example instead of gorgoning themselves to death) and his buddies try to go around in my experience.

As Mag's single damaging skill (unless you're an osprey), I believe Crush needs either a higher damage cap, 1200/1300 or partial/full armor ignore, or perhaps it could be a bit of a faction skill, like Ember and Volt, dealing X % extra damage against grineer, since they're the most armored and crushing armor sounds like it would cause all sorts of damage to the creature inside.

Shield Polarize might need a buff on how much shield it takes down. Like many other skills, it doesn't scale so well, and seeing as it doesn't do direct damage, I believe it should scale into higher level content better.

Perhaps switch SP and BA around, make Shield Polarize remove all shields/give all shields back to enemies/allies but cost 75 energy and BA cost 50.

I like the way this sounds.  I'm going to try to get a friend who mains Mag to hop on so we can test it.  I love the idea that so many single target effects are now AoE.  It really fits with principles of magnetism better.

I don't Like the new Pull... Pull was really more useful for dragging your downed friends out of danger and reviving them. Now it's a situation of "You wanted to pull your friend out of danger!? Now all the danger is with YOU!"

i honestly agree with this, pull had an interesting mechanic. Now it is just an gathering tool.

I really expected for pull to continue to have that mechanic, but slightly upgraded (like pulling the enemy rapidly down to the ground with pull. Or up if you are in the air =) ).

Part of that skill also had a support role and i really like that. So why won't we work out our ideas? instead of an "radial pull" of all enemies, why can't we have an pull in which pulls the target we are aiming and everything close to it?

This way: It would reduce how hard it is to pull in the heat of the battle and simultaneously keep & improve it's usefulness.

(also: i noticed that at a certain point reach doesn't fully work with pull, even though i can target them at an certain rage, they get pulled and stop half-way to me. which is a bummer.)

-Summarizing for what needs to be changed to pull:

+ keep the ability to pull friendly players

+ instead of being radial, it should pull targets that are nerby (and obviously directing) to the aim. Still helps in the heat of the battle. Area of range kind of pull.

+having the mechanics of pull upgraded : such as pulling enemies on the air to the ground or vice-versa: pulling them to the air while we are in the air.

+Targets, if not instantly, should get pulled to whatever rage you are.  

Really hope this gets noticed, as an mag warframe user, i feel that this is the ONLY thing off.

Edited by akkerusia

Just got a weird bug with Bullet Attractor:

- A Corpus Icy map, Solo.

- Bullet Attractor used on MOA and Engineer, no bubble, just a few circle around target.

- Target Cannot be hit by player, Latron Prime, haven't tested with 2nd weapon or any other weapon

- Target can be hit by Sentinen, normal damage, can't see where it hit.

Anyone encountered once?

Can someone explain how the new Shield Polarize works? Is it only SHIELD damage, meaning infestations doesn't receive any damage from shield polarize?

As for PULL, I think that just pulling enemies closer wont do it now that players cant be pulled. So I'm suggesting that when aimed at enemies, PULL is gonna pull enemies closer like it is now, but when aimed at player, it's going to pull that player alone

Edited by ChrizzieCostanzie

You know what'd be cool for the new Pull? If all enemies got pulled to the same spot (like Vortex) and enemies that collided with each other received extra damage (like Paris/Kunai/etc).

Also I get the impression Pull now uses the same attack cone as Sonic Boom (which you guys tend to call Push). That's too much. Tighen the cone to, like, 30º centered on the cursor.

Also extra damage against Grineer for Crush (because armor!), remove the hard numbers in favor of percentages (this one should go to all frames, really) and of course fix Bullet Attractor which is now hilariously #*($%%@ up.

Edited by Kyte

Just got a weird bug with Bullet Attractor:

- A Corpus Icy map, Solo.

- Bullet Attractor used on MOA and Engineer, no bubble, just a few circle around target.

- Target Cannot be hit by player, Latron Prime, haven't tested with 2nd weapon or any other weapon

- Target can be hit by Sentinen, normal damage, can't see where it hit.

Anyone encountered once?

Before we continue, how far back did you stray away from the enemy's range? Cauuuse it may not be that you don't have a bubble so much as it's so big that you didn't notice you're inside of it right away.

That's pretty much what happened to me when I first tried Bullet Attraction after the update.

Ive always had client "Hitching" where the screen stops for a second but it was a rather rare occurrence now it seems to be down right every 30seoncds my client does these "hitches" it even happens in the menus for heaven sakes.

That being said the bullet attractor seems to mess with rocket launcher causes them to explode on the surface of it cant tell if its even doing any damage though.

I have to say I really like the power colors being linked to our energy color wheel thats awesome to see green fire from an ember.

Before we continue, how far back did you stray away from the enemy's range? Cauuuse it may not be that you don't have a bubble so much as it's so big that you didn't notice you're inside of it right away.

That's pretty much what happened to me when I first tried Bullet Attraction after the update.

It's a range of 1 slide-dash, mean pretty far. I dont know if they change the diameter of the bubble. But if that the case you mean, that bubble would be big enough to cover 2 Hyena stand together.

And it was not explained why I can't hit the mob

Edited by Hameln