Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag 8.3 Feedback

[DE]Rebecca

I love all these changes, but any news on Crush ignoring armor? As far as I am concerned, logically, armor around people doesn't affect magnetically crushing their bones. Otherwise, great changes! Shield Polarize might be worth putting on now, but Bullet Attractor, still seems like crap. 300 damage is quite measly at higher levels. Also, according to other comments. Pull might need to be changed to fix it not pulling allies. 

Edit: Shield Polarize is still crap. Suggestion: DOT

Edited by IceCreamSand

Haven't gotten a chance to use it yet (huge DL), but my initial impressions on reading the changes is that most of Mag's issues aren't really fixed.  Crush will still deal miserable damage to anything over level 30 and Bullet Attractor will still slash DPS without weakness targeting.  Pull seems like a possible suicidal move, and I can't really think of very many situations where it would be useful in a non-defense mission.  Shield Polarize seems like the only change that's a real improvement.

I'm going to have to agree on the new pull. I think its a fair trade, though I will miss being able to pull my allies toward me, I suppose getting in a good position to pull them off of my allies is just as good---if not better for proactive behavior.  I'll note now players will wish to pay close attention to the pull range cap. It DOES exist, and now its even more important to take advantage of.

As for the other issues, I will be keeping track of them to personally test them myself. So far pull works for me, so that allows me to know that this is either a lag based glitch, or just a straight up glitch.

I've yet to have a chance to test BA, so I'm going to a mob heavy grineer area to check out the effects. I'll be hitting corpus next for shield polarize. I'd personally like to know if we lose the ability to heal our team mates with the use of this ability in favor of its 'damage' dealing capabilities?

How about making it so that when you're directly targetting an ally (which is quite hard sometimes since they move around so much), it will pull them towards you? This way we can have two-in-one. It's possible that "accidents" can happen, but I'm sure it can please a few.

Pull is fine, the enemies are attracted just a bit and then they fall, they don't come nowhere close to Mag's face.

Lol Uhhh...That depends on how close you are. Trust me on this. I've found myself in a pile of fallen enemies---to which I've already reflexively learned to jump out of. Since they're already fallen it's not much an issue---with a shot gun makes life a lot easier.

As for the OTHER abilities...

I've tried out bullet attraction...

You know how you guys said it was bigger than usual? Yeah well...Try putting a focus mod on. My Bullet Attraction with focus is so gigantic that neither I or my team mates can shoot anything but the target it's focused on. Same goes for the enemies inside of Bullet Attraction. This is of course while inside of it apparently. 

I've experienced no personal damage at all from shooting my weapon---so I've no idea what's causing the above problem where someone's being hit by their own bullets...but that could be some kind of bleed-over from Ruk.

Edited by Hauteclere

good job scott, but having crush remain the same instead of with armor ignore or higher dmg depending on amount of armor enemy is equiping doesnt makes any sense to me since mag is a magnetic frame...magnetize bones but does not ignore armor? doesnt the armor getts magnetize too? hmmmm, for now good job anyways :D

Can you not s.p. allies anymore? Cuz thatd be way better than pulling an almost dead one.

I'm sure you still can, just that it's an radial effect now instead of targetting. This may also mean it's now affected by Stretch.

I don't Like the new Pull... Pull was really more useful for dragging your downed friends out of danger and reviving them. Now it's a situation of "You wanted to pull your friend out of danger!? Now all the danger is with YOU!"

this^

The only reason i used pull before this fix was to pull teammates out of danger so  i can revive them . Now how am i  supposed to do that ?

Pull, sorta like it but also sorta hate it. I don't like being confined to such short range with pull. On the other hand I can pull an entire room by my feet and just ground execute them all, which is amazing.

Shield Polarize ... well its AOE, it wrecks shields, oh and it kills Shield Ospreys now. So yea ... good job, looking forward to what you do next.

Bullet Attractor, well besides not being able to shoot when your in it, I love it. If anything I would suggest making it stop attracting our bullets. 1st it can really throw off your aim, the bullets are just pulled towards the target, even if their behind cover. 2nd, again they screw with your aim, you can get a bodyshot instead of a headshot with it. 

Right now Bullet Attractor works really well just stopping a bunch of ranged attackers. Pop it on one of them and now they can't do anything to your team. The explosion is a nice touch, but the delay really kills the point of it.

Crush ... ummmm I'm always fine with getting more lift time for more CC =D

1. Pull, sorta like it but also sorta hate it. I don't like being confined to such short range with pull. On the other hand I can pull an entire room by my feet and just ground execute them all, which is amazing.

2. Shield Polarize ... well its AOE, it wrecks shields, oh and it kills Shield Ospreys now. So yea ... good job, looking forward to what you do next.

3. Bullet Attractor, well besides not being able to shoot when your in it, I love it. If anything I would suggest making it stop attracting our bullets. 1st it can really throw off your aim, the bullets are just pulled towards the target, even if their behind cover. 2nd, again they screw with your aim, you can get a bodyshot instead of a headshot with it. 

1. Actually Pull still has a huge range from what I can tell, and since Stretch is pretty much a must for Mag considering it increases Crush's effectiveness, it will probably increase Pull as well.

2. It killed Shield Ospreys before when you use it on units that are shield-boosted by it (depending on its level it can take one or a few S.P.). Now it's more useful since you don't need to aim too much, though it also means you can't use it at long range. We'll figure new strategies I guess.

3. They could decrease its size in my opinion. The planetary orb scale is ridiculous (as cool as it looks, it currently brings more faults, especially when you and your teammates may not know one has bee B.A.-ed when you're inside it).

My Braton shots still doesn't work whether inside or outside of it for most of the time, for some reason...

I still hate Mag as a Banshee user.

Unless you let me hit those weakspots with Sonar, I'll always hate Mag.

Other than that, great changes! I still absolutely hate Bullet Attractor. Makes me furious.

I don't Like the new Pull... Pull was really more useful for dragging your downed friends out of danger and reviving them. Now it's a situation of "You wanted to pull your friend out of danger!? Now all the danger is with YOU!"

I totally agree with you

Pull doesnt deal much damage. It was more useful before than now. 

Perhaps they will remake this power and let us pull the friends again

Just bring a heavy weapon. A friend in trouble? Pull everything in front of you and ground execute ... everything dies, your friends alive, and you did it all while looking absolutely amazing.

Edited by Specskill

I think the shield effects on Shield Polarize should just be doubled or tripled, or be percentage based.
As of now the #1 use for Shield Polarize is to blow up ospreys with no need to aim.

I could always aim for weakpoints while using bullet attractor. At least on grineer and corpus, for headshots, for infested, I never really tried, partly because I've been using bolt weapons and I don't need to aim for the feet anyways.

I would really like Crush to be armor ignoring, it would keep Mag up there with the other caster frames.

I love the changes but they need to be a bit more refined.
Typing as I play it.