Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties are a waste of time

Mangekyoumadara1987

Dear DE

I really dunno if you play your own game...it is well done on one side,but terrible on the other side.There are so many things that would have to be done better,and so many things that are already good,but are on your nerf list...but this is not about all this,this topic should just concentrate on the Sortie Rewards.

We all do the daily sortie because we want to get something nice.The Sortie is our daily time-consuming event.In other MMOs you have daily raids,where you get really nice stuff,we have our Sortie and thats okay.But I dont understand your decision to replace the 2k Endo with a new Ayatan Statue (which is a cool idea,i like it),but on the other hand you want to let (small) lenses in the reward table.I tell you something: doing a Sortie for 45mins and then getting a small lense as reward,is like a hit in your face,and makes the playerbase abandon the sorties,since those lense drops come WAY to often.Everything we do the Sortie for are Riven Mods and Legendary Cores,and they rarely drop,btw I ask myself if the Legendary Core really exists in the loot table,or if its just in the list we see,as I never heard of anyone getting a core from a sortie,neither got 1 myself in approximately 110 Sorties that I already did in the last 4,5 months.You should think about replacing the whole Sortie Reward list with things we players feel we need to have,so that we are motivated to do them and dont have to fear to get a useless reward (again).

Just a small example of how the list could look like:

• Ayatan Statue (replace for the Endo)
  • Riven Mod
  • 3 Forma Package
  • BUILT Orokin Catalyst/Reaktor/Exilus Adapter
  • 10000 Kuva
  • 3er Pack Noogle Statues
  • Legendary Core

Thats just an example,of course this can be modified or just used as a base,but you cant see a single useless thing in there...sure,Endgame Players might complain about the Orokin/Adapter stuff,but at least they dont have to complain about more,like they have to do now.

I really beg you to consider making some useful changes,so that we players dont feel pranked every time we decided to do the sortie.

Cheers

Edited by Mangekyoumadara1987

If DEy allow you to scket the new Ayatan for 4K Endo, then that's two things they can clear off the table (What with Ayatan to Endo soon to become free and all) right then and there.  Or re-add in the three Nitains as an uncommon reward to swap for the 4K Endo, as something of an add-on TO another reward.

No to Kuva.  We already have enough means of farming it as it is.  Or reduce it to 1.5K.

NO TO THE NOGGLES.  I'm sorry, but no.  That'd feel like a slap to the face as well for quite a few people, as some people just do not decorate their ship.

I feel like one Forma is decent enough as it stands.  Same with Exilus Adapters.

Components for Reactors and Catalysts are actually very easy to farm, as all of them can drop from relatively low level planets.  Still, I can see why you'd want it built out the gate.

Edited by Sintag

For the love of god, no noggles. That would be even worse than getting 2k Endo for those of us that don't care at all for them. At least 2k Endo is usable. A decoration that you hate wouldn't be - it's literally no reward.

I have to say that Greater Lenses should stay in the table, though, or remove those and just leave lesser lenses in like it used to be, but buying from the Market shouldn't be the only way to get a lens period. That'd be an awful change.

17 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:
  • Ayatan Statue (replace for the Endo)
  • Riven Mod
  • 3 Forma Package
  • BUILT Orokin Catalyst/Reaktor/Exilus Adapter
  • 10000 Kuva
  • 3er Pack Noogle Statues
  • Legendary Core

Noggles would only piss people off like nitain. 

This won't change anything either the problem is RNG that's why people hate sorties and that's why people continue to stop doing them entirely since the release of riven mods

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

Where will we get lenses from then?

This seems to be a greatly overlooked problem when people complain about getting lenses.  There is no other source for them except the market.

Forma I can get from Relics or, if lucky, rare Orokin containers.  Yes, I can only build one per day but as long as I build them regularly I can have a stock ready for when I need them.

Catalysts and Reactors come up in Gift From the Lotus, other alerts and invasions faster than I use them.

Exilus Adaptors can easily be farmed through Simaris.

Legendary Cores are nothing more than a large amount of Endo and Credits, enough top level a Primed mod.

Riven mods and Lenses are the reasons to do Sorties as they are the only rewards that can't be sourced elsewhere (along with the forthcoming exclusive Ayatan).

4 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

This won't change anything either the problem is RNG that's why people hate sorties and that's why people continue to stop doing them entirely since the release of riven mods

I actually prefer the Sortie rewards as they are now than how they were before Rivens, with the seasons and weapons parts.  Getting four weapons parts for a weapon I already have and three Nezha parts when I already had him was a complete waste and it came coupled with only being able to get one of each lens per season when you need four to craft a greater lens.  At least now getting enough lenses to craft a greater lens is somethign a bit more achievable.

Edited by Katinka

Of course you can still change things in this reward list to be even more rewarding,so that RNG always gives you something nice and doesnt even get the chance to annoy you.

But I think we all can agree that changing the reward table to drop more useful things is the first step in the right direction,correct? Its at least better than doing nothing and getting useless reward in 9 of 10 days...

Also there might be some possibility to add lenses,noogles,rivens,catalysts,formas and adapters to the daily reward login bonus,and replace some useless stuff like gallium,10 oxium 1 orokin cell,1 neurode and all this other stuff you can just laugh about.On this way we would get some useful daily login stuff and would have sortie rewards everyone can be happy with.

3 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:

Of course you can still change things in this reward list to be even more rewarding,so that RNG always gives you something nice and doesnt even get the chance to annoy you.

you CAN'T always have something interesting as a reward as long as RNG is there.

Now as always i'll link that thread because that's how I believe the reward system should work for sorties.

Also your suggestions are way too big to be realistic.

10k kuva ? Yeah sure like DE would do that. Espcially since sorties are so easy to complete.

4 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:

But I think we all can agree that changing the reward table to drop more useful things is the first step in the right direction,correct? Its at least better than doing nothing and getting useless reward in 9 of 10 days...

How is a noggle more useful than anything currently in the drop table?

That's a kick in the face. Not a reward.

But I think we all can agree that changing the reward table to drop more useful things is the first step in the right direction,correct?

What we can't agree on is what rewards are useful.  You suggest removing rewards that others want kept and adding rewards that others don't consider useful or meaningful. 

The quality of rewards is subjective and you'll never make everyone happy.  Even something consistently usable such as Endo (we'll always get now mods to spend it on) is something that disappoints as people feel the quantity doesn't fit the effort but increasing the quantity would devalue it, cause people to have large amounts quicker and then not feel the need to put in effort for more (much like how I'm now quite picky about which Nitain alerts I bother doing because I feel 120 will be enough for a while and I don't need to do ever alert I see anymore).

@Trichouette

10k kuva are actually not that much,just 3 rolls for a riven mod (which sometimes needs 30 rolls to become good),and also is 1 hour of farming without sortie if you dont have a booster...since sortie is a special event apart from all the other stuff,I really dont think 10k kuva would be a bold request.

And about the token system...I like the concept and would ship it too.

Also apart from that,it would be more useful if other people could post their imagination of how the lists should look like too,so the devs get a better understandment of what is useful (and a nice reward),and what isnt.

2 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:

Also apart from that,it would be more useful if other people could post their imagination of how the lists should look like too,so the devs get a better understandment of what is useful (and a nice reward),and what isnt.

All things are useful, just not for all people.

Some people would love to get a zenurik lens, meanwhile I spit on those because I don't need them.

10k kuva are actually not that much

It's approximately 17 run of kuva siphon mission.

It's not "that much" but too much for sortie which are randomly generated to be long or short depending on luck

13 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:

Also there might be some possibility to add lenses,noogles,rivens,catalysts,formas and adapters to the daily reward login bonus,and replace some useless stuff like gallium,10 oxium 1 orokin cell,1 neurode and all this other stuff you can just laugh about.On this way we would get some useful daily login stuff and would have sortie rewards everyone can be happy with.

I'm laughing at the naivete of this.  Do we need to be able to source Lenses better?  Yes.  Is this the way to go?  No.  For this sort of stuff, we should put effort in.  I like receiving a free rsre material for no effort on my part, though.  It just makes me feel good.  Like I just got lucky.  Even if I already have 50, it feels good getting one free.  And unlike a lot on this list, I can easily farm them.  And again, no noggles.  That's a slap to the face to those who don't care for decoration.

Edited by Sintag

3 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

I remember when you could get the Pyra Syandana from Sorties... ah the good ole days when Sortie seasons were real

I can see a cosmetic as a reward being really fun for early-ish in players.   Those who haven't fulfilled the syndicate stuffs, maybe aren't sitting on the 70p-100p it takes to buy one.

It gets them into Fashionframe, it's pretty rewarding for anyone missing a certain cosmetic.  It's a physical "thing" to earn.

I like the Ayatan statue idea, I think they touched on it in the dev stream.

And I believe the DE crew is watching the forums for better ways to improve the sorties.  If I'm not mistaken there might have been a glitch in the drop table math over the last 2-3 updates.  It's been all bow only as of late, and lots of peepl are complaining about being in perma 2k endo reward land.

Dude,90% in the daily login bonus table is just a joke,and nothing of it is really rare...the only useful things you get there are relicts,-75% Platin coupons,some weapon blueprints and the 50/100/150/200 and so on special day rewards.Everything else is trash @Sintag

If you really like the daily reward stuff,well then you are a lucky person which is satisfied with everything as long as its free.I (and many many other persons) can just laugh about this stuff you get from the daily rewards,as there is really nothing special in it apart from the things i mentioned.

Endo - Rathuum offers more

Riven - System is trash. Literal trash that does nothing it was set out to do.

Focus Lens - Don't need any more

Booster - Sure why not

Exilus - Already have all that I need

Forma - ODS or ODD drops like candy Edit: Drop more than Mutagen Sample.

Catalyst / Reactor - Have all warframes that I need them on Alerts provide enough for upcoming / primes

Legendary Core - Drop chance too low for me to play Sorties just for this.

Would like to see things that you can only get with plat.

Edited by Chaos.Blades
Added Hema Meme

3 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

You sure? My Magnus says otherwise when I take it literally everywhere and wreck face with it

So how many hours should I grind to get your riven when I can just use a good weapon?

Edit: If I could work towards a Magnus Riven and work towards the stats that I want instead of playing a slot machine the system would not be trash.

Edited by Chaos.Blades

22 minutes ago, Mangekyoumadara1987 said:

Dude,90% in the daily login bonus table is just a joke,and nothing of it is really rare...the only useful things you get there are relicts,-75% Platin coupons,some weapon blueprints and the 50/100/150/200 and so on special day rewards.Everything else is trash @Sintag

If you really like the daily reward stuff,well then you are a lucky person which is satisfied with everything as long as its free.I (and many many other persons) can just laugh about this stuff you get from the daily rewards,as there is really nothing special in it apart from the things i mentioned.

Yes, because clearly a system that rewards you, once a day, for literally no effort, should be expected to have top tier stuff just waiting.

CLEARLY.

CLEARLY WE SHOULD ALSO HAVE UNICORNS AND FLYING CARS, SHOULDN'T WE?

NO. The problem is, yeah, sometimes I DO feel bummed about my Daily, but you know what?  To get that, all I had todo was punch in my login info and click "Play."  Sometimes, the award for participation isn't going to be one YOU need at that moment.  I don't need this 5K Credits, but on the other hand, it's literally just 5K Credits, for literally zero effort on my end after the initial login.  Is 90% of that table spunkgargleweewee?  Yes.  You know why?  BECAUSE YOU DO NOT PUT EFFORT IN TO QUALIFY FOR ANYTHING BETTER IN THERE.

You've literally just demolished your point right then and there by calling a free loot table we acquire once a day "trash".  Because now, to myself, and damn near everyone else, now, you're coming off as a spoiled little brat who wants everything in this game handed out on a silver platter.  I'm satisfied with the daily login table, not because I NEED any of this crap.  I'm drowning in Credits, I have plenty of rare resources, and my relic stockpile's looking good.  Endo'salso doing pretty good for itself, and with the Endo from Ayatans soon to be free, it's going to balloon.  But I'm satisfied regardless because it's literally just something small I can get at the start of a session, even if I don't feel much for playing today.

Edited by Sintag
Added in a small speech.

Just now, (Xbox One)guywhoiam said:

I am just so tired of getting Endo. It actually makes me not want to play the game anymore. 

Apologies if I come off as an angry twit.

We're all sick and tired of the Endo, but unlike most Lenses for most players, we can at least put it to good use with these Primed mods.  If DEy cleared both Endo rewards from the table and made this new Ayatan a Rare, I think that'd clear some of the rage against the RNG.