The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Possible Focus Schools?

Kilade

As for now we have Unairu :unairu:, Vazarin :vazarin:, Naramon :naramon:, Zenurik :zenurik: and Madurai :madurai: (emoji missing bug) but what about Penajaga (companion polarity) and possibly Koneksi (Fusion Core Polarity) or possibly more? I understand the focus system is based off the 5 elements (Wu Xing) but doesn't mean it has to be strictly limited to 5 schools. Unless I'm wrong because of lore reasons. Penjaga could represent Unity and Companionship which revolves around team synergy and Koneski... I have no good idea tbh.

So question is: Is it possible to discover new focus schools?

It would be difficult to shoehorn in with how the 5 schools are presented to us in the quest. As they were there the schools are presented as being the only schools. Having other "undiscovered" schools would make little sense because the schools are those of the Zariman students, not any other groups by what we know so far. By your idea those new schools were unknown at the times the Tenno gained their void powers, so not sure how they would have been lost or forgotten. I also really don't believe the Koneski would be something a school is made off of, its just not important as a polarity anymore with the removal of fusion cores.

Frankly, We need the schools we have to be balanced before we get new schools.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

I think it would be interesting to eventually have new schools we discover that fit the remaining polarities. However, as has been said, they need to rebalance and fix the current schools first. 

As for the lore: Mechanics are more important than lore. If they really think the mechanics would be worth making, they will find a way to squeeze it into the lore. 

As much polarity can you imagine as much school can have. Depend on the devs if they wish to implement new schools but I feel the same with syndicates. My biggest sadness there is no option to create syndicates. I would like tenno created syndicates with different rewards and aims.

no thx, there are several copy/paste-developments mixed together in them and in general in the game between frames, mods, and whatever more

and im tired of all the grinding for syndicates, focus, kuva and more ...

no, its not a burnout, im overwhelmed by smth which i dont wanna my mind into for explaining it, i did allready a few times, somebody has not really new ideas about game mechanics and more, i see dark times coming for warframe if this goes on, no grafical enhancement can make me think different ...

too much from everything and nothing really clear anymore ... not the result of development i have had in my mind before a year or as i started with warframe before 3 years ...

i wish warframe starts getting more entertaining again ... the next round of whatever of the same in strange "new clothes" in 2017 will not get my attention, sorry

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, B3I2 said:

no thx, there are several copy/paste-developments mixed together in them and in general in the game between frames, mods, and whatever more

and im tired of all the grinding for syndicates, focus, kuva and more ...

no, its not a burnout, im overwhelmed by smth which i dont wanna my mind into for explaining it, i did allready a few times, somebody has not really new ideas about game mechanics and more, i see dark times coming for warframe if this goes on, no grafical enhancement can make me think different ...

too much from everything and nothing really clear anymore ... not the result of development i have had in my mind before a year or as i started with warframe before 3 years ...

i wish warframe starts getting more entertaining again ... the next round of whatever of the same in strange "new clothes" in 2017 will not get my attention, sorry

You only need one period per sentence bud

About the actual topic, I'd like to see more focus schools, providing that they're actually worth using. Maybe school #6 could be based around operator mode somehow? Companionship could have something to do with the relationship between the operator and the warframe

As of now the system has to be updated. 3/5 schools are actually used in meta. The only thing worth grabbing building your tree for the passive most of the time. And grabbing a full tree is like a 500 or 600+ sec timer that's to long to become dependable. And switching schools every time you switch a Warframe that you build for another school is annoying. 

I do like the amount of time it takes to fill a tree. I think it's fair given its more or less an end game system. 

N, V, Z schools are mostly used tho M school I use for now or sniper only sorties for the +30damage but this could use a buff give it maybe 

+50% -80% Damage.                                     + 10%-40% multishot.                                   +Mag and ammo max.                                  -recoil + flight speed

Idk how to even begin to fix the A lens. I have it maxed but the other ones just over shine the others in my opinion

I kinda leaning to No !

DE rebalances are well ofcource amazing: 90% of warframes passives crap, vaccum within maybe dropped carrier usage by few percents, rivens and list can go on...

Point is if they to do something with focus, they have to commit to it and not just change 1 passive there and there, that 90% of peoples would still use zenurik.

Maybe the new sentient-arm weapon has to do something with focus schools, and would impact that powerfull weapon performance and usefullness depending on what school you running.

At this point looking at current focus system, there is no point for new one unless it outperforms zenurik.