Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For female players

Night4ce

26 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

You believe cultural norms are established through education?

I'll have to disagree with you there.

I didn't meant that.

I meant that culture is learned -- and changes people at an almost fundamental level. And I used that as an analogy to discredit the idea that education, which is also learned, doesn't change people. It does.

Edited by tnccs215

3 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Because she's weak?

Are you joking?

and how do they discover she's weak? They smell her, is it?

Literally where did you got that excuse from? From your a$$? If neither I nor the OP get harassed (much less sexually) for saying whatever, and yet my sister and her friend just have to open their mouths to get slammed, do you really think it's because they're "weak"?"

Isn't it a bit more probable they think she's weak because she's a woman?

The one confusing cause and effect here is you, sir. Not me.

And its ironic you mention how women love to complain about getting harassed ... On a post by a guy complaining about watching her female friend getting harassed.

Women do complain about getting harassed, but they do get more harassed then men, and in a different way, and they mostly do that on places where they know they aren't getting discredited. Like there forums, apparently.

And hell, even if they do complain more, and get just the same amount of harassment, that only means men aren't has keen of defending their innate right to respect as women. Though I guess its manly to be a conflictuous prick.

Grow a thicker skin? How about people respecting each other.

How did they discover it? Empirically. They threw a poke and saw it stick, saw it have an effect. Saw the flinch, the glassy eyes, the body language they probably can't even name properly, but instinctively recognize. And then went to town.

Unless you want to claim ALL girls get harassed regardless of any other factor. Good luck with that, nice personal reality you have there. Only the weak get bullied, regardless of their gender. Hell... girls, if anything, get a bit of a shield from a bit worn-down (I wonder who should we thank for weakening this one, hm?) old rule to not be mean to girls. There's no mercy for weak boys.

As for OP? Well, white knighting and virtue signalling is a thing, you know?

Just now, TheZathel said:

How did they discover it? Empirically. They threw a poke and saw it stick, saw it have an effect. Saw the flinch, the glassy eyes, the body language they probably can't even name properly, but instinctively recognize. And then went to town.

Unless you want to claim ALL girls get harassed regardless of any other factor. Good luck with that, nice personal reality you have there. Only the weak get bullied, regardless of their gender. Hell... girls, if anything, get a bit of a shield from a bit worn-down (I wonder who should we thank for weakening this one, hm?) old rule to not be mean to girls. There's no mercy for weak boys.

Sorry man, but this is some backward thinking.  NO ONE should have to deal with that.  You are having a disconnect here because you are failing to imagine what's it's like in their shoes.  Have you ever been sexually harassed?  I doubt it, but imagine if someone was on voice chat talking dirty to you...And everywhere you went you ran into this behavior.  It isn't a learned behavior, it is an aberration that reinforced by poor upbringing.  

To the OP: your friend is going to deal with this for a long long time.  But it gets better with everyday.  Just as racism in the US is steadily declining, so is sexism.  One day, far on the horizon, her great great grandkids will live in a world free of this type of ignorance.  The best thing you can do for her is offer friendship and support.

7 hours ago, Night4ce said:

What can I do to help avoid little snots who give her hell and attitude?

You can put a player on your ingore list by right clicking on their name in chat.

102608,warframe0094XALSC.jpg

If you get harrassed via voice chat, you can mute the player's voice chat as shown in this screenshot.

102605,warframe0091V72WG.jpg

After the mission you can report a player by going to the menu, "communication", "friends" and then "view recent players".

Right clicking on any player shows this menu:

102606,warframe00926JVY9.jpg

And if you click on report player, you get this menu.

102607,warframe0093BKWYO.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure you can also report players directly via a ticket. Best thing is to screenshot the harrassment if you want to, though.

Other than that, don't engage with douchebags like them. That'll just tell them that it's working.

Having thick skin will also help you a lot. There's really no real reason to waste your thoughts on mean stuff that some internet douchebags are spouting.

7 hours ago, Noamuth said:

If it's via voice chat, I start up shadow play, record, upload to YouTube and send a link to Warframe support.

I don't know if I've gotten less of this nonsense because of my personal RNG, I'm running into more female gamers or my reputation is proceeding me, but in Warframe I haven't had to deal with this for about a year now.

It used to get me down when I ran into it, but I have gained a thicker skin and don't take things personally.  I also have fun playing dumb and flipping things around on people.  Got told to go make a sandwich, I asked them why they didn't know how to do it and sent them half a dozen YouTube links on how to make a sandwich.

When I started for whatever reason people used to think I was female, so they would start saying all sorts of weird things.

One day I started turning the mike on and saying 'AYY LUVS' and it stopped pretty quick.

@OP, people on the net can be terrible. If you can, record the garbage and send the links to warframe support. They will be dealth with accordingly.

Also don't mind as much man, it's the net, some people will always be trolls.

1 minute ago, TheZathel said:

On the internet?

lol dude, VR must be much more advanced and common then I knew.

And hell, even if they are weak -- how those that excuse bullying? Seriously, how? Can't people be weak? Aren't people entitled to living their own life? Its acceptable now to prey on someone for being defenseless?

Spare me. Respect and personal freedom are basic rights that should go protected and unchallenged. Saying otherwise is being, quite simply, cold.

5 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Ah boy... How cute.

seems like your personal reality is the one a bit more... Inexact. Yes, I do claim that pretty much all woman get harassed. Some more, some less, but they all in their life have gotten harassed because of their gender.

It's shocking, I know. But well, after you know a sh!tton of women and sooner or later you end up knowing they all were harassed in ways and amounts neither I nor most of my male friends have -- and after you actually spend sometime doing a sh!tton of research on the subject, you do get to that conclusion.

Do weak boys get bullied. Yep. And its terrible, and shouldn't happen. Do they get bullied throught their entire life? Generally no. Do they get bullied by random people? Nope. Does the harassment they get is normally sexual? No, it isn't. So don't act as if it's comparable things.

13 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Oh gosh, another one. Yeah, sure, I bet they came here with the sole intent of getting praised by women online. His gonna get sooo laaaaid! I mean, look at all the comments!

oh... Wait... Not really.

Well, it surely is an exception!

oh... Ehrm... No this is pretty much your average thread about this, with your average responses.

Seriously, if it was virtue signaling, it would focus much more on how much he hates online misogyny and much less on the actual misogyny. And even if it was, it wouldn't make it less relevant to talk about. It would just make him a mischievous person.

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

They actually can. A lot can be done -- weekly lessons simply aren't enough, and though some systems do this better than others, from what I've seen, there is an overreliance in telling a bunch of children what they should instead of interaction and participation.

Do you have a curriculum proposal? If so I'm sure my school's governors and academy would love to hear it.

And that you would spout the old lie about how schools have too much "tell don't show" tells me that you're not actually immersed in this field, which has had decades of research invested into precisely how to engage with children and nurture both their academic and social development. Just saying "Schools need to do more" achieves nothing unless you're going to support that with research, studies, and direct interaction with the children.

But as you say weekly lessons aren't enough, which lesson would you cut? As though we aren't pressed enough for time in the classroom you want to gut another lesson in order to implement a lesson concept that has been debunked after years of attempts to integrate such things into the classroom.

And it goes beyond this. Online harassment is dealt has "an inconvenient reality that we have to accept" -- simply look at these comments -- and, in reality, that contributes somewhat to the perpetuation of it -- for the simple reason that it is not something actively fought against. Should we manage to change the society's view on online harassment from something negative that has to be accepted, to something negative that must not be accepted, this would simply change.

Every school I know has Internet Awareness Days, wherein things such as online harassment and online security are discussed. Oftentimes schools will link up with representatives from groups such as Childline in order to plan these lessons and provide children with both the knowledge and the contacts needed to deal with difficulties they might face while online.

Again though, schools aren't in the business of lying to children, and we're never going to reach a state in which online harassment and shadier issues are not a concern - we've had 100,000 years of social development in the real world and we haven't even come close to resolving the issue of harassment and abuse; we're not going to prevent online abuse in the foreseeable future. Instead, what schools are focusing on is the realistic aim: to teach children that they shouldn't accept abuse online and to provide them with strategies and solutions for dealing with any abuse they receive, whether that comes in the form of harassment, stalking, inappropriate behaviour or discussions, and other darker issues.

Would a troll continue to troll if everyone in a squad calls him out on such sh!t, instead of just muting him? I doubt so. Public disproval is a strong demotivator.

Yes. I think we can safely say at this point that retorting doesn't solve the issue. Again, to return to real-life bullying, it's well documented that the classic and stupid line of "Stand up to the bully yourself" doesn't work. It leads to increased abuse, especially in a school environment, and it oftentimes escalates the problem. Instead, the way to limit the damaging effects of bullying are to provide people with outlets where they can discuss their issues in confidence, and to provide interventions into pupil behaviour. Directly retorting solves almost nothing, as nobody's opinion is ever changed in the heat of the moment. A bully isn't going to say "Oh, maybe I should pick on this socially awkward classmate of mine because he shouted back at me". That simply doesn't happen.

This isn't to say that standing up to people online is identically pointless, as online you're mostly protected from physical escalation. Indeed, in cases where the 'harassment' is short-term (limited to an in-game mission, say) then attacking the bully back can be beneficially both to the atmosphere of the community and to the mental health of the victim. However, if the harassment is a long-term issue then it's foolish to try to dissuade a bully by confronting them yourself. Either take steps to prevent them from contacting you, or elevate the issue to a higher power.

Instead, no. We people telling other people to "deal with it" (i.e. Accept it) and to use mechanisms that simply prevent the target of being *more* affected (inside a certain limit) instead of attacking the root of the problem. And when someone complains, we get that, and people downright insulting the complainer for "oversensitiveness" and accusing them of second interests.

Blocking somebody in an online setting is not "accepting the bullying", it's understanding that you are unlikely to resolve the issue yourself (which is obvious) and that you can save yourself the grief by taking steps to prevent the bully from interacting with you.

The general attitude over things can be changed. Sensibilization campaigns, when well made, work. And even if we can't stop something, we can at least ensure the perpetrator gets public disproval -- which, more often than not, doesn't actually happen.

The solution to harassment and bullying is not to harass and bully the agitator. All that does is turn a personal bullying situation into an act of mob aggression. If you're being bullied, in any situation - in school, at work, or online - then remove yourself from the situation as best you can and elevate your concern to a higher power. Punching somebody who's trying to start a fight is never going to end with a ceasefire.

[EDIT]: I do am aware of that new education system, though I do think we have to take notice of some things: They are localised things, they are very recent, there is counter-education, and we are going through more than troubling political storms, whatever country you live in. Maybe in some years, we'll see the results of such education. Maybe not.

Most new education systems are founded in political storms, sadly. The flip-flopping on curriculum standards caused by politicians thinking they understand education is perhaps the main thing that has held the field back. Indeed, one of the main issues education faces is that the classroom is constantly invaded by politicians and parents who simply don't understand pedagogy and take the classic "Why are you teaching algebra and not teaching children how to fill out tax returns" viewpoint. The current solutions to bullying are not perfect, but it's well documented that publicly humiliating a bully, or directly confronting them yourself, will rarely resolve the issue.

Bullying and other antagonistic behaviour are part of the human experience, and the compassionate solution as an outside party is to attempt to support the victim and prevent future attacks, and to intervene in the behaviour of the bullying after establishing some understanding of their personal background. When it comes to online harassment the latter solution is almost impossible, and as such you simply have to advise that people make use of the tools at their disposal to minimise their interaction with an antagonist, and if necessary they can elevate the issue to a support group. Using the block or mute options aren't the same as "accepting" whatever harassment you're facing, and the argument that they are is little more than a reversed version of the "don't be oversensitive" argument that you rightly find distasteful.

You're right that nobody should have to deal with harassment, but that argument provides absolutely no solutions whatsoever. We're never going to live in a world without bullying and harassment, any more than we'll ever live in a world without kindness and compassion. I'd much rather fight to achieve a reasonable amelioration of the situation than base policy around impossible to achieve goals.

Edited by Littlerift

Meh, anonymous people are being anonymous people, nothing new here. No, one shouldn't have to deal with this kind of harassment, and no, it isn't ok, but there is absolutely nothing you can do about it except muting them and reporting them. Kinda agree with the ones who call OP a white-knight, I don't get the point of compaining about this problem on the forums, where most people, including myself, have gotten used to being insulted, mocked, whatever, in video games. This is the Internet, remember that before jumping in.

Also, don't use in-game voice chat, or some kind of public discord, unless you're ready to mass-mute people. You want to use it anyway ? That's your right, but don't complain about the shiet you'll get from it, since as I said nothing can be done about it. I mean, if you jump from a tree, you don't blame gravity for crashing you into the ground, do you ? Human stupidity is as immutable as the gravity or time. Adapt or avoid.

26 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Yep, Not just weak boys though, really nice guys in general get stomped into the dirt, and some of us end up teaching people some manners after we get abused enough. The difference si when it happens to girls if it's made known a small army shows up to defend and consolethem(this thread for example), if it happens to us we're told to suck it up and grow thicker skin. The strong ones do but not without a few scars and some of the weak just die. Sad truth.

Edited by (XB1)TheNarrowRoad

4 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

snip

I might not get to answer and clunterpointing to this properly, mainly due to a lack, but thank you for a well written, well supported, and well constructed answer. I actually am. I'm going to re read this, and I'm going to take it into account in future endeavors,even if I don't end up agreeing with it.

9 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Sorry man, but this is some backward thinking.  NO ONE should have to deal with that.  You are having a disconnect here because you are failing to imagine what's it's like in their shoes.  Have you ever been sexually harassed?  I doubt it, but imagine if someone was on voice chat talking dirty to you...And everywhere you went you ran into this behavior.  It isn't a learned behavior, it is an aberration that reinforced by poor upbringing.  

To the OP: your friend is going to deal with this for a long long time.  But it gets better with everyday.  Just as racism in the US is steadily declining, so is sexism.  One day, far on the horizon, her great great grandkids will live in a world free of this type of ignorance.  The best thing you can do for her is offer friendship and support.

Does harassment over lack of sexual experience count as sexual? Let's say it does, then yes. And it stopped as soon as I stopped giving a flying F*** about it and people who used it against me saw it have no effect.

Social hierarchies are a very human thing and behaviors like these are one of the most basic ways of establishing them. Crying sexism and huddling in safe spaces will not change that... and for you information, winds of social change are kind of backing up, judging by recent election results in a certain country.

2 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

On the internet?

lol dude, VR must be much more advanced and common then I knew.

And hell, even if they are weak -- how those that excuse bullying? Seriously, how? Can't people be weak? Aren't people entitled to living their own life? Its acceptable now to prey on someone for being defenseless?

Spare me. Respect and personal freedom are basic rights that should go protected and unchallenged. Saying otherwise is being, quite simply, cold.

They had to have some sort of reaction, one way or another. This kind of predator doesn't stick around if there's no blood in the water.

And the world is a cold place, and you're naive little child at heart if you believe otherwise. It might feel horribly cynical to you, but when push comes to shove you've got only yourself to count on. Failing to handle mildly unpleasant social interaction is not a good sign.

And respect has to be @(*()$ earned, not given.

8 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

seems like your personal reality is the one a bit more... Inexact. Yes, I do claim that pretty much all woman get harassed. Some more, some less, but they all in their life have gotten harassed because of their gender.

It's shocking, I know. But well, after you know a sh!tton of women and sooner or later you end up knowing they all were harassed in ways and amounts neither I nor most of my male friends have -- and after you actually spend sometime doing a sh!tton of research on the subject, you do get to that conclusion.

Do weak boys get bullied. Yep. And its terrible, and shouldn't happen. Do they get bullied throught their entire life? Generally no. Do they get bullied by random people? Nope. Does the harassment they get is normally sexual? No, it isn't. So don't act as if it's comparable things.

Its hell of a lot more empirical than yours, that's for sure. So you're now claiming that woman should be coddled and protected because they have a lower threshold for perceiving harassment? Because that's what it is. You don't count certain interaction as harassment since you're mentally strong enough to handle them without them breaking your skin. All this sexist victimhood bullS#&$ is just that - load of bovine manure.

10 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Oh gosh, another one. Yeah, sure, I bet they came here with the sole intent of getting praised by women online. His gonna get sooo laaaaid! I mean, look at all the comments!

oh... Wait... Not really.

Well, it surely is an exception!

oh... Ehrm... No this is pretty much your average thread about this, with your average responses.

Seriously, if it was virtue signaling, it would focus much more on how much he hates online misogyny and much less on the actual misogyny. And even if it was, it wouldn't make it less relevant to talk about. It would just make him a mischievous person.

You can virtue signal to other white knight males, you know?

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

Damn boi, you are so predictable.

Yes, cry babies love to cry. People adore to complain about stuff. Its all a conspiracy made by all women and sjw's to oppress men by... Asking them not to treat women like sh!t.

Gosh, men are so oppressed.

The funny thing is, even if it is true and harassment doesn't exist that much, that doesn't make the one that exists correct. Even if women get harassed just as much as men, that doesn't make it acceptable.

Yeah, sure, you can add that harass isn't sexist as a footnote, but the most important issue is said harassment happening, not whether people think it only affects some people or not.

Though, we don't really need to worry about this. People do care about your junk. Don't worry, not all of them. But many do. And that's a problem. Don't pretend we live in a nice, equal world. We don't.

Oh, why wouldn't I protect my sister? Well, erhm... I kinda do... Even though I shouldn't have to, because people shouldn't be harassed in the first place. And don't come with that "bullies rely on response bullS#&$". I got bullied boy. It goes way beyond response. Not saying anything doesn't help. And screaming makes it worse. If you're stuck with a bully, chances are there is little to nothing you can do. Though, some nice victim blaming you did there. "a guy chooses to do sh!t and you do nothing?! Well its your fault it happened then!

Someone hit you in the nuts? Well, its your fault you weren't wearing a codpiece then!

Got robbed at point blank on the street? Well, its your fault you didn't fought an armed man then!"

Get some notion boy. I'm not infantilizing women. I'm saying this sh!t shouldn't happen to them because 1)they are people, and 2)it doesn't happen to men. I'm not going "unlike men, women are weak flowers that must be protected!" (though chances are you, subconsciously, think that, since you think it's my job to protect my sister. Though, chances are you are just throwing around accusations in order to make me feel like I don't have a point). I'm saying this shouldn't happen because they, like men (who don't deal with this), shouldn't deal with this.

But oh, I think people should be respected. Gosh, what a terrible person I am.

Get your facts straight, learn how to feel empathy, and learn to distinguish "being able to deal with" with "having to deal with".

So the "grow up" did actually hurt your feeweeings? That's why i assume you're just a whiny kid, who loves throwing around buzzwords such as "harassment".

About your sister - you mentioned that she gets bullied, not me. If it's bothering you - i assume your would help her, because she's clearly incapable of dealing with this situation herself. But real life is not a forum - and her problems are less frightening to you then actually standing up to help her. Not blaming you, kid, bruises are real, and words on forum are free and safe. I'm not saying you have to, it's just what i would do. 

For one thing you said is true, people should be respected. PEOPLE should be respected. Get it? You make it gendered to whine and prove to all internet how much of a bood boy you are. Rational people with brain stick to the core of the problem. And see just kids or angry people who wants to blow off steam. Insult is taken, not given. 

I'd dropping the mic. The floor is yours, accuse me of voting Trump or whatever you have as the last argument. 

Edited by Irn-bruman

What bloody hell are you talking about...

It's the Internet where 12 year olds have sex with all kinds of human, objects, animals, and fully/half/somewhat/kinda dead corpses 

Just think about it, these no lifes spend all day in their room playing video games, of course they are horny little S#&$s

That's why you should NEVER EVER take ANYONE on the internet SERIOUSLY.

They might act like a bully and talk tough, but outside of the virtual world they are nothing but a *@##$ with a keyboard.

Also everyone else made a very solid point, I have a horrible time understanding why would you use any public voice chats, use skype, use discord with a private channel... I mean there are all kinds of options for you to prevent this just by going in a private chat.

Don't give me that "everyone should respect everyone" kind of BS, it doesn't work like that on the internet, people do the most disgusting and expose their human degenerate form on the Internet, and they don't give a flying F*** about your feelings.

While those little kids are #*($%%@ up, I think you too have a responsibility to protect her and yourself from these horny teens.

However, in case you are intentionally trying to show off you are playing with a girl on the Internet and complaining about people doing those things to you, then I have two words for you, no shame. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, tnccs215 said:

I might not get to answer and clunterpointing to this properly, mainly due to a lack, but thank you for a well written, well supported, and well constructed answer. I actually am. I'm going to re read this, and I'm going to take it into account in future endeavors,even if I don't end up agreeing with it.

You're welcome, it's nice to have a constructive argument on the issue.

I don't disagree with you in principal, by the way. Nobody should have to deal with harassment. However, I don't think we're going to resolve the issue very soon - certainly not in our lifetimes - and so I'd rather people understand that there's no shame in avoiding bullies. One of the greatest issues I've seen with children being bullied is the stigma they get for not fighting back, oftentimes this comes from other pupils, but alarmingly often you'll talking to a bullied-child's parents and the father will be encouraging him or her to starting retaliating. We all have limited time on this planet, and I personally think the best way to help everybody make the most of that time is to reassure them that avoiding an antagonistic engagement isn't "being a pussy" or "wimping out": it's intelligent, mature, and self-confident behaviour. A bully always wants to control the situation, either through violence or harassment, and blocking that person from interacting with you is the ultimate repudiation of their "might makes right" mindset.

6 hours ago, Night4ce said:

We do use Discord. The Warframe server hosted by JakeyPrime. Many of our friends use it too and we have our own little group with many of us in the same alliance. Even there we get people who pick her out of 8 of us to harass. We often call for a mod and said person will get a temp ban but really disturbs the bunch of us. I really should ask to be a mod for the General voice chat so I can shut down the negative talk in 3 seconds.

You know you can make a private discord for yourself and your friends, right? That way you don't have to put up with those kinds of people.

Get back home from work and now I'm being called a white knight? Really? I posted this topic not because she's tired of the disrespectful creeps. I POSTED this to find out what I can do against them because I'm tired of finding them. If having my screen recorder ready and sending in a ticket to get the snot suspended, I'll do it! These players kill the fun and it's sad my ignore list is bigger than my friends list. Anyone who is trying to back up the harassers should be ashamed. Basic respect is becoming a super power these days and it saddens me. I've spoken up against a few of these scrubs asking them to chill and tone it down and often they turn fang and have a go at me. "Ohh MR 23 with a Misa prime, you must have no life, go kill yourself" is among many things said before I ignore or mute them. I wanted to do something else. If a recording will get them kicked, I hope they think of me when their login displays a ban message. Going at someone just because she's a woman is low.

2 minutes ago, Night4ce said:

Get back home from work and now I'm being called a white knight? Really? I posted this topic not because she's tired of the disrespectful creeps. I POSTED this to find out what I can do against them because I'm tired of finding them. If having my screen recorder ready and sending in a ticket to get the snot suspended, I'll do it! These players kill the fun and it's sad my ignore list is bigger than my friends list. Anyone who is trying to back up the harassers should be ashamed. Basic respect is becoming a super power these days and it saddens me. I've spoken up against a few of these scrubs asking them to chill and tone it down and often they turn fang and have a go at me. "Ohh MR 23 with a Misa prime, you must have no life, go kill yourself" is among many things said before I ignore or mute them. I wanted to do something else. If a recording will get them kicked, I hope they think of me when their login displays a ban message. Going at someone just because she's a woman is low.

Well that's good, because no one supported the harassers and many people gave you the same solution, which you can find by reading the previous answers, and should have been able to figure out by yourself anyway.

9 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Does harassment over lack of sexual experience count as sexual? Let's say it does, then yes. And it stopped as soon as I stopped giving a flying F*** about it and people who used it against me saw it have no effect.

Social hierarchies are a very human thing and behaviors like these are one of the most basic ways of establishing them. Crying sexism and huddling in safe spaces will not change that... and for you information, winds of social change are kind of backing up, judging by recent election results in a certain country.

They had to have some sort of reaction, one way or another. This kind of predator doesn't stick around if there's no blood in the water.

And the world is a cold place, and you're naive little child at heart if you believe otherwise. It might feel horribly cynical to you, but when push comes to shove you've got only yourself to count on. Failing to handle mildly unpleasant social interaction is not a good sign.

Its hell of a lot more empirical than yours, that's for sure. So you're now claiming that woman should be coddled and protected because they have a lower threshold for perceiving harassment? Because that's what it is. You don't count certain interaction as harassment since you're mentally strong enough to handle them without them breaking your skin. All this sexist victimhood bullS#&$ is just that - load of bovine manure.

No. Being called a virgin is just plain teasing, hazing, bullying.  Not sexual harassment.  

Imagine if you had a next door neighbor, when you are outside mowing the lawn, he just stares at you while you are mowing, afterward he comments that your butt looks great in those tight jeans.  This happens Everytime you run into him.  Next thing you know, when ol dad walks in to tell you to mow the lawn, a sense of dread washes over you.  That's sexual harassment.  What's worse is when you tell your dad, he doubts you thinking you are trying to get out of mowing the lawn, or he thinks you are being weak and tells you to grow up, get some thick skin.  You go online e to anonymously ask for advice you are met with this BS. 

Do not tell me we are moving backward.  5 years ago, homosexuals and women could be in certain parts of the military.  20 years ago police brutality on African American's was brought to light and taken seriously, 60 years ago bathrooms were segregated from races, 100 years women were ridiculed if they did anything other than "wifely duties".  300 years ago we fled religious persecution.  It may not look like it but my country is slowly getting there, it still has a long way to go, but we generally step forward a little at a time.  Donald Trump will either perform as a president, or get impeached, I'm not even remotely worried about that.

Is this really a problem on warframe? I guess that's one thing us console plebs got over ya, a separate voice chat.

I was playing with my friends to do a quick JV. 2 guys including me and 3 women. We invited three randoms to the party chat help us, including one more girl. One of the two randoms said "Wtf, 4 girls playing warframe? Since when?!" I guess female warframe players are a rarity. We had a good time though, no harassment at all. JV was a little glitchy, but all in all, a lot of fun.

I guess it comes down to the time of day and luck of the draw. Usually if it's 6-10 or weekends, you'll kind a lot of teens online, some good, most bad. It sucks because I've been playing warframe with these friends for years, and never had any harassment.

My friends and I have been playing Warframe since we were 16, and we're still playing. Warframe's community has always been much better than other games, at least on Playstation. When it comes to other games though, it's as bad as I've heard on this thread. Asking for bj's, kitchen jokes, etc. Stay away from Battlefield One public chat lol

How to deal with pervs? My girlfriend was getting messages from horny &#! kids, so we baited them and sent them pics of my bare butt telling them "Fap to this perv!" Fyi, I'm a guy so....😏 Ignore the pervs and just have fun in game.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

3 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

No. Being called a virgin is just plain teasing, hazing, bullying.  Not sexual harassment.  

Imagine if you had a next door neighbor, when you are outside mowing the lawn, he just stares at you while you are mowing, afterward he comments that your butt looks great in those tight jeans.  This happens Everytime you run into him.  Next thing you know, when ol dad walks in to tell you to mow the lawn, a sense of dread washes over you.  That's sexual harassment.  What's worse is when you tell your dad, he doubts you thinking you are trying to get out of mowing the lawn, or he thinks you are being weak and tells you to grow up, get some thick skin.  You go online e to anonymously ask for advice you are met with this BS. 

Do not tell me we are moving backward.  5 years ago, homosexuals and women could be in certain parts of the military.  20 years ago police brutality on African American's was brought to light and taken seriously, 60 years ago bathrooms were segregated from races, 100 years women were ridiculed if they did anything other than "wifely duties".  300 years ago we fled religious persecution.  It may not look like it but my country is slowly getting there, it still has a long way to go, but we generally step forward a little at a time.  Donald Trump will either perform as a president, or get impeached, I'm not even remotely worried about that.

I resent the assumption I would just passively accept the situation, let alone affect me. Which kinda implies that you think that women, in general, should passively accept such kind of behavior and let it bother them so much.

Sexism of low expectations?

Oh, and that time list is just hilariously quaint. FYI - wifely duties and running a household were, back in the day, serious @(*()$ business and you're being disrespectful to women who handled those duties.

And going too far in social change is a thing, you know. A small step back to think and decide what's right or not is desperately needed, unless you think that ruining a man's life by unsubstantiated false rape accusation is a-ok. If you think that disguising uncomfortable truth about crime rates in relation to population for racial backgrounds under debliating screech of "RACISM RACISM YOU WHITE MALE HOMOPHOBIC CIS BIGOT" is a-ok. That mutilating children with sex-change operations in the name of "LGBTQ tolerance" is a-ok. I could go on and on with this.

14 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

You know you can make a private discord for yourself and your friends, right? That way you don't have to put up with those kinds of people.

We have moved servers before for a night. Our group has over 27 players and a few are Guides of the Lotus who love to let us smother a new player with tips and tricks. There is always a new user there with questions and I enjoy helping them and my friends grind out resources or primes (I'm MR23 with 2100 hours so I have nothing better to do but teach and help out newbs) The Warframe Discord is where many of us met each other and I doubt many will want to up and permanently move servers nor would we meet other interesting players to add to our alliance. We have 4-5 female players and a few members who lack a mic but type in game and listen for a response.  Others still use XP which discord won't work on so we use in-game voice chat. This is why we often use different methods of communication. No Tenno left behind. I say it all the time, in mission for a downed squadmate and in communication.

15 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Also wait a @(*()$ moment here. So in your eyes if I went "Oh, you're a virgin, girl? Why, nobody wants you? Some problem with your sweet spot? Maybe you swing the other way?" to a girl you would not consider it sexual harassment?

3 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

People mocked you for being a virgin? Dude,that's not ok. That most definitely is not ok and no, you shouldn't have to had got a thicker skin because of that.

12 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Social hierarchies are a thing yes, but their nature and composition is very, very interchangeable. the amount of categorizational systems already applied by society prove just that.

and is that social change supposed to be a good thing?

14 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Pfff, why did they start harassing in the first place? You are placing your whole theory atop the assumption that "they surely must have done something". When a feminine username is enough to start it, maybe the issue is with the bully, not the bullied.

16 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Damn boy, try not to cut yourself on that edge. People make the world, people choose, and people learn. Acting as if such coldness is inevitable is idiotic.

and one thing is not being able to deal with stuff. Another thing is not fighting against its very existence.

18 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

lol why? Respect isnt trust not authority. Its to let people live their f*cking lives. It should be a given. Making it something you must earn either means you have to subject yourself to the will of others for them to maybe let you be free, or that you should have to fight for it, making society nothing more than a competition for power, when its actually an association. One way or another, freedom isnt insured, people have the right to use and abuse others, and the whole point of society -- to make a better place for everyone -- disappears.

So yes, Respect should be given, and people should be free to live their own life without others making them their toys.

24 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Its hell of a lot more empirical than yours, that's for sure.

sure boy. Sure.

25 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

Oh no! I think everyone should be "coddled" and protected if they want to be so. You see, I think people should actually care for each other, instead of taking advantage of them. I think that people should be respected, protected, and cared for.

And harassment doesn't work that way. One thing is shockingly insulting your friend, another thing is abusing them because you want them to feel like sh!t. Harassment can exist even if you don't get traumatized by it -- most women are so used to be catcalled they don't feel affected, but they still know it isn't acceptable -- and if a friend or anyone else is trying to engage with me in an interaction I do not want to engage with, whether by, playfully or not, insulting me, or by sexually harassing me, I do expect them to stop. You know. Respect me. But hey, I'm a despicable sjw that expects people to care for each other, or at the very least, that people shouldn't be allowed to treat others like sh!t.

34 minutes ago, TheZathel said:

People usually call that "making a thread and hoping like minded people appear". Its a great way to make friends tbh. Stop trying to paint something as a shady action when it isn't.

37 minutes ago, Irn-bruman said:

So the "grow up" did actually hurt your feeweeings? That's why i assume you're just a whiny kid, who loves throwing around buzzwords such as "harassment".

Yes, I'm crying right now. /s

38 minutes ago, Irn-bruman said:

About your sister - you mentioned that she gets bullied, not me. If it's bothering you - i assume your would help her, because she's clearly incapable of dealing with this situation herself. But real life is not a forum - and her problems are less frightening to you then actually standing up to help her. Not blaming you, kid, bruises are real, and words on forum are free and safe. I'm not saying you have to, it's just what i would do. 

Dude -- you are basing all that on an assumption (me not helping her) that I already disproved. If you want to have a discussion, you have to actually listen to what the other people say.

40 minutes ago, Irn-bruman said:

For one thing you said is true, people should be respected. PEOPLE should be respected. Get it? You make it gendered to whine and prove to all internet how much of a bood boy you are. Rational people with brain stick to the core of the problem. And see just kids or angry people who wants to blow off steam. Insult is taken, not given. 

So, you are basically reassuring me that you are just another person that cannot hear someone talking about problems that women face more than man, otherwise they'll come and scream "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MEN?!"

please, spare me. My whole point was that. Women are people, and people should be respected. Women are less respected then men, therefore, respect towards women is a higher priority than towards men. Simple.

But hey, go ahead and drop the mic. I'm no longer watching. Neither of you tbh. This discussion is pointless, unchallenging, and idiotic. I'm gonna save my mental energy to do something that actually helps someone, not arguing with two internet idiots who are both incapable of empathy and of empirical observation.

bye.

31 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

Well that's good, because no one supported the harassers and many people gave you the same solution, which you can find by reading the previous answers, and should have been able to figure out by yourself anyway.

The ignore/mute thing we have already been doing. The recording thing I got from here. That was something I never thought about nor would work as sufficient evidence to have any effect. That's an answer I will take from this thread and apply. I'm just tired (maybe because I'm 30) of little jerks trying to boost their own ego via slandering my friend.

Edited by Night4ce

42 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

You're welcome, it's nice to have a constructive argument on the issue.

I don't disagree with you in principal, by the way. Nobody should have to deal with harassment. However, I don't think we're going to resolve the issue very soon - certainly not in our lifetimes - and so I'd rather people understand that there's no shame in avoiding bullies. One of the greatest issues I've seen with children being bullied is the stigma they get for not fighting back, oftentimes this comes from other pupils, but alarmingly often you'll talking to a bullied-child's parents and the father will be encouraging him or her to starting retaliating. We all have limited time on this planet, and I personally think the best way to help everybody make the most of that time is to reassure them that avoiding an antagonistic engagement isn't "being a pussy" or "wimping out": it's intelligent, mature, and self-confident behaviour. A bully always wants to control the situation, either through violence or harassment, and blocking that person from interacting with you is the ultimate repudiation of their "might makes right" mindset.

I completely understand your point, I truly do.

And maybe that initial post might have come a bit wrong -- I am not sorry that there are many people here giving actual, useful advice. And in no way do I think that its acceptable to expect retaliation to a bully, quite the opposite.

But I do am frustrated to how everyone in here seems to be treating this solely as a matter of fact, not as an action by a conscious human being that chooses to act in this shockingly negative way.

Regardless of how idealistic I seem, I am not an idiot. I am aware these changes I hope will most likely not happen while I'm alive -- specially with the current global political environment, which seems to be changing for the worst -- but I do think change is possible and, above all, I do not believe we should simply conform to this reality. And the fact there is so many people doing exactly that -- or worse, trashing the OP -- frustrates me immensely.

you did gave me a reality check, and I do have to refine my ideas regarding education -- though you did pointed out flaws that I already know of. However, If you don't mind, from what country are you from? Because the reality in here is a bit different from what you presented.