Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For female players

Night4ce

4 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Regarding bullying and "punching back"

I trust this is a much more complex thing then simply "it always works" or "it never works"

from what I've experienced and seen, it depends a lot on the bully, the victim, the environment, culture, and the nature of the bullying. The fear of retaliation, both in the bully and the victim, play a big part, as well as the probability of an exterior person (usually an authority) stepping in.

Noa's case is a good way on how it may work, but should the bully not feel any form of threat in the victim, the probability of retalion escalates immensely. For example, in the case of sexual harassment as bullying, made by someone who does not feel threatened at all, can lead either to be coined as a "crazy *@##$", "stupid %&^", or even rape.

Giving a personal example, it took me nothing but to look to a bully of mine in the eyes to be left with my nose open.

Honestly, its such a tricky thing I believe it usually must be observed case by case.

Agreed, it's entirely case by case. 

I guess, as an upside, you get really good at reading people after awhile.  There have been times where instead of violence, I offered friendship and kindness and the bully at the time either broke down in tears because the situation was so foreign to them, they didn't know how to respond, or they became one of my friends.

34 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Being an internet tough guy and taking no nonsense in real life are not the same.  The former is a lie, while the Later isn't.  Only fools continue to do things after knowing they can be hurt doing them.  I recall all of my bullies growing up.  Each one of them cease being a bully to me once they realized I would not be an easy target.  I have experienced it, have seen the effects too many times, and I've even seen women do it (quite well too).  

You shouldn't assume that someone is playing the "internet tough guy" because theirs is different than yours.  I'm just a old man who will not suffer fools.  :D

When I was younger people thought I was a weak person because I was shy.  My home life however was pretty violent.  I would tolerate bullies as far as I could but usually ended in a firey rage filled confrontation.  Sometimes dudea backed down, sometimes they didn't.  But the outcome either way is that they went on to bully others instead.  I'm not condoning the violence, but it worked at the time.  Sometimes it backfired hard and I would have a posse of guys come after me all because their friend had a bruised ego.  I fought them too, some were committed, some wimped out.  I can't really remember 'losing' a fight, as I was usually in a state of such anger that I wanted to hurt the offender badly.  Dont get me wrong, I don't consider myself a badass, many of those fights I got really hurt, but the fight in my heart was the one they were afraid of.  By high school most of this was behind me, my rivals would grow up, drop out, or avoid me.  

Why bother sharing this?  I don't know, this was the only way I knew to deal with these people, when I was fed up, I had endured weeks or months of abuse.  Does it work?  It did for me, but I could have been killed on many occasions as some of these people I got in confrontation with were not stable, hence the bullying.

It ranged from verbal as a kid on the bus called me a derogatory term for homosexual even though I am not and really had no indication to cause him to assume I was, just that I appeared weaker than him and a fine target for his anger.  Eventually I told if he called me that again I would beat him into the wall of the bus.  He did, so I jumped on him and pounded my fist into his head so hard and so many times that I broke my hand, then I grabbed his head and beat it repeatedly into the window.  I did this until his crying for help shook me out of rage.  I went back to my seat quietly and held my hand now that I started to feel it again.  He never said a word to me, he never made eye contact with me...Ever again.

However there is one thing I know, telling on somebody will probably make it worse.  If you go to a teacher and tell them you are being bullied you are gonna get beat up.  If I could go back to those times and do it over I would probably use my head long before I lose my temper, but those were rough times and I did what I did and I made it out the other side.

So don't judge people.  (Agreeing with @DatDarkOne)

Edited by Danjal777

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

Agreed, it's entirely case by case. 

I guess, as an upside, you get really good at reading people after awhile.  There have been times where instead of violence, I offered friendship and kindness and the bully at the time either broke down in tears because the situation was so foreign to them, they didn't know how to respond, or they became one of my friends.

Eh, befriending bullies is something I did. I didn't really do anything, but usually I would taunt the bullies back until they picked a fight with me, fight that I would usually lose. But seeing how that didn't shut me down, I guess I earned some kind of respect and the bullying stopped after one or two more fights. Most of the guys who wanted to bully me ended up being my friends after a while.

Shaddup Shaddup! Is all I hear from randoms. Cause at times I can't help myself from singing. 

Been here for almost two years on March and I only had ONE bad experience while on Warframe. And its during the beginning. I was also new to online gaming.  
I was playing survival with random players. Being on the console, I'm used to having my mic on. 
I kept on activating the life support as it came, not knowing the proper time to do so. 
Random # 1 just became irrate and started cursing me and shouting at me. And Random #2 joined in. I'm not used to any abuse.
I was so angry and upset that I cried and didn't know how to react or what to say. I did everything after like report and ignore the players.

An outstanding tenno helped me get past my ordeal, and I know that the majority of players in this community are good and sincere. Its difficult not to take it personally because when you have your mic on and you talk with other players, it becomes personal.

I did learn my lesson. Always be on your guard and select your friends wisely. The moment I feel uncomfortable, I can always leave the squad or the chat party. Absorb the abusive language from anyone (male or female) is not an option for me. 

39 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

I use curse and only invite people I know to chat.

I use in game chat and Discord and talk to totally random people.

45 minutes ago, Retrijeuj said:

Eh, befriending bullies is something I did. I didn't really do anything, but usually I would taunt the bullies back until they picked a fight with me, fight that I would usually lose. But seeing how that didn't shut me down, I guess I earned some kind of respect and the bullying stopped after one or two more fights. Most of the guys who wanted to bully me ended up being my friends after a while.

I was never in a school long enough for this tactic to work.  Usually, I had to intercept a group of kids chasing my brother around the playground and would just kind of tackle the largest concentration of them for the biggest impact and go from there.

7 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

It's not though, the same asshats will be asshats to guys or girls.

What ever happened to "Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."

Image result for fairly oddparents sticks and stones

Pretty sure most people in this game are afraid of me. I don't use voicechat mostly since I have heard about the vchat this game has.

1 hour ago, Danjal777 said:

When I was younger people thought I was a weak person because I was shy.  My home life however was pretty violent.  I would tolerate bullies as far as I could but usually ended in a firey rage filled confrontation.  Sometimes dudea backed down, sometimes they didn't.  But the outcome either way is that they went on to bully others instead.  I'm not condoning the violence, but it worked at the time.  Sometimes it backfired hard and I would have a posse of guys come after me all because their friend had a bruised ego.  I fought them too, some were committed, some wimped out.  I can't really remember 'losing' a fight, as I was usually in a state of such anger that I wanted to hurt the offender badly.  Dont get me wrong, I don't consider myself a badass, many of those fights I got really hurt, but the fight in my heart was the one they were afraid of.  By high school most of this was behind me, my rivals would grow up, drop out, or avoid me.  

Why bother sharing this?  I don't know, this was the only way I knew to deal with these people, when I was fed up, I had endured weeks or months of abuse.  Does it work?  It did for me, but I could have been killed on many occasions as some of these people I got in confrontation with were not stable, hence the bullying.

It ranged from verbal as a kid on the bus called me a derogatory term for homosexual even though I am not and really had no indication to cause him to assume I was, just that I appeared weaker than him and a fine target for his anger.  Eventually I told if he called me that again I would beat him into the wall of the bus.  He did, so I jumped on him and pounded my fist into his head so hard and so many times that I broke my hand, then I grabbed his head and beat it repeatedly into the window.  I did this until his crying for help shook me out of rage.  I went back to my seat quietly and held my hand now that I started to feel it again.  He never said a word to me, he never made eye contact with me...Ever again.

However there is one thing I know, telling on somebody will probably make it worse.  If you go to a teacher and tell them you are being bullied you are gonna get beat up.  If I could go back to those times and do it over I would probably use my head long before I lose my temper, but those were rough times and I did what I did and I made it out the other side.

Did that once but I had self control often. Understandable and unfair.

2 hours ago, Danjal777 said:

That whole situation is f*cked up as hel, and a massive reason why bullying and harassment should not, in any way, be tolerated. If something creates ao much stress to an unwilling victim to the point of a rage explosion (and possibly hurting other people), chances are it shouldn't exist.

I do hope that your family environment is better now, or, at least, that you managed to move away from it. Really sorry for that whole situation, and I'd advise you to visit a psychologist once in a while, just for the check up.

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

That whole situation is f*cked up as hel, and a massive reason why bullying and harassment should not, in any way, be tolerated. If something creates ao much stress to an unwilling victim to the point of a rage explosion (and possibly hurting other people), chances are it shouldn't exist.

I do hope that your family environment is better now, or, at least, that you managed to move away from it. Really sorry for that whole situation, and I'd advise you to visit a psychologist once in a while, just for the check up.

Wow thank you.  To give you more background (so you don't think I am a crazy person) I moved to Florida to live with my mom when is was 14, she was an alcoholic and my sister was a very violent person.  So most days my mom would be at a bar into the early morning and us kids fended for ourselves.  My sister would take her frustration out on me.  Now some of you may be thinking, "oh wow, beat up by a girl" if only that was the case.  She would try to kill me fairly frequently, in-between attempted murder, she would beat me.  Finally my mom yelled at me for getting beat up by my sister, and told me to go fight her.  So the next year's of my life typically would be coming home and having her do something crazy, like push me down stairs, or out of a second floor window, or stab me with something sharp, and then brawl.  As I got bigger, I got to the point where fighting her was easy and she stopped engaging me in that way, instead using mind games and psychological abuse.  But I was a tough kid and despite all that, still managed to be happy most of the time.  I hated high school, probably because I had to do all of the raising me by myself. At 16 or 17 I emancipated myself and was living in this broke down trailer in the woods with a bunch of other teenagers.  It was a rough situation, but I kept going to school because of free lunch and boredom mostly.  After graduation, things got worse as I really had no drive, and ended up homeless.  So I decided to join the military, the army to be exact.  I loved it! Three meals a day, a warm bed, structure, activities!  That changed my life, then in 2003 really straight out of basic training I deployed to Iraq.  That was probably the most terrible thing I have ever been through, not because of me and what I was going through, but because I was watching my brothers break down after 14 months of actual violence.  I got home and really wasn't that affected by it, so I partied for a year straight renting a room out of a friend's house, upon depleting my savings from deployment, I deployed again.  This time I married a girl though.  For the last 11 years she has been my motivation, but she too thinks I have PTSD, so just this year I went sought counseling.  According to the counselor, I do not have PTSD.  I agree, I feel fine, but when I see someone get stuck in a situation that is wrong or unfair, I tend to try to fix it.  Depending on the issue, I may get extremely angry about it, but not violent unless self defense or defense of others.  I know this probably sounds like a crazy made up story, but it's not, it's just what happens in some people's lives.

Edited by Danjal777

2 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

Wow thank you.  To give you more background (so you don't think I am a crazy person) I moved to Florida to live with my mom when is was 14, she was an alcoholic and my sister was a very violent person.  So most days my mom would be at a bar into the early morning and us kids fended for ourselves.  My sister would take her frustration out on me.  Now some of you may be thinking, "oh wow, beat up by a girl" if only that was the case.  She would try to kill me fairly frequently, in-between attempted murder, she would beat me.  Finally my mom yelled at me for getting beat up by my sister, and told me to go fight her.  So the next year's of my life typically would be coming home and having her do something crazy, like push me down stairs, or out of a second floor window, or stab me with something sharp, and then brawl.  As I got bigger, I got to the point where fighting her was easy and she stopped engaging me in that way, instead using mind games and psychological abuse.  But I was a tough kid and despite all that, still managed to be happy most of the time.  I hated high school, probably because I had to do all of the raising me by myself. At 16 or 17 I emancipated myself and was living in this broke down trailer in the woods with a bunch of other teenagers.  It was a rough situation, but I kept going to school because of free lunch and boredom mostly.  After graduation, things got worse as I really had no drive, and ended up homeless.  So I decided to join the military, the army to be exact.  I loved it! Three meals a day, a worm bed, structure, activities!  That changed my life, then in 2003 really straight out of basic training I deployed to Iraq.  That was probably the most terrible thing I have ever been through, not because of me and what I was going through, but because I was watching my brothers break down after 14 months of actual violence.  I got home and really wasn't that affected by it, so I partied for a year straight renting a room out of a friend's house, upon depleting my savings from deployment, I deployed again.  This time I married a girl though.  For the last 11 years she has been my motivation, but she too thinks I have PTSD, so just this year I went sought counseling.  According to the counselor, I do not have PTSD.  I agree, I feel fine, but when I see someone get stuck in a situation that is wrong or unfair, I tend to try to fix it.  Depending on the issue, I may get extremely angry about it, but not violent unless self defense or defense of others.  I know this probably sounds like a crazy made up story, but it's not, it's just what happens some people's lives.

Good grief, I could almost swear you were my brother.

We had a pretty fcked childhood because of our mom, violence, mind games, various other kinds of abuse, and my,brother went into the Army ASAP and went to Iraq as well.

We both respond abnormally to violence and it freaks normies out lol feel free to hit us up in game, he's Vadilis

28 minutes ago, Danjal777 said:

//

Geez, no, I did not think you to be crazy. I did fear you might have gotten perpetually scared, and that maybe some forms of violence could lead you to hurt people, but basing myself on what you've said, that fortunately is not the case.

Truly, you had a really, really f*cked up life. I do not, and could not, ever, dismiss your physical and mental abuse simply because it was made by a giiirl. Tbh, I can relate to some point. I too have a very troubled relationship with my sister -- though orders of magnitude softer than yours, at least on the physical level. Hell, women are people, and people can be nasty. Pretending otherwise is idiotic.

Regardless, I am very, very happy things turned out to be ok to you, and even more so that you are one of the few strong and lucky ones that managed to go through that without PTSD nor getting your ethics completely screwed. I hope you and your partner are happy, now and enceforward.

Edited by tnccs215

Most of the time. I don't really care if there is a female player. Surprising but I don't really care. Although friend of mine cares about one thing. Person better be good at playing the game... Because he is quite done dealing with public spy matches.

Sadly yes a bit every game has people in need of a bit different kind of action. Me not being one of them. It would be nice to have a conversation with female gamer instead of male gamers all the time.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:54 PM, tnccs215 said:

well, you are one of those who think false rape accusations are an actual problem,

They ARE a problem.

False rape allegations ruin lives. One of my closest friends was accused of rape then lost his job, his home, his wife and ultimately took his own life.

The girl did it because she didn't like his wife and wanted to annoy her. 

This is coming from a woman that is one of many who believe false allegations are total bovine excrement and make things worse for actual victims. What i'd like to see are harsh punishments for those that make false allegations that include jail time and psychiatric help because no sane, rational person would look to ruin someone else's life like that.

If you don't think false allegations are a problem then you are an extremely horrible person and I have no time for people like that.

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

What i'd like to see are harsh punishments for those that make false allegations that include jail time and psychiatric help because no sane, rational person would look to ruin someone else's life like that.

Thank you so much for saying this.  False accusations was one of my biggest fears as a young man. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

8 hours ago, Ailissa said:

They ARE a problem.

False rape allegations ruin lives. One of my closest friends was accused of rape then lost his job, his home, his wife and ultimately took his own life.

The girl did it because she didn't like his wife and wanted to annoy her. 

This is coming from a woman that is one of many who believe false allegations are total bovine excrement and make things worse for actual victims. What i'd like to see are harsh punishments for those that make false allegations that include jail time and psychiatric help because no sane, rational person would look to ruin someone else's life like that.

If you don't think false allegations are a problem then you are an extremely horrible person and I have no time for people like that.

I think you missunderstood me. I can't blame you, since I did was ambiguous.

When I said that they "aren't a problem", I was meant that they aren't a generalized, systematic, shockingly common problem.
What I mean is that they aren't nearly as common as rape is. And they aren't.

Do they happen? Yes, no doubt they do. And they are a terrible thing, probably symptom of sociopathy, that do can ruin, if not lives, at least reputations. And people that do it are terrible people, that make life a living hell both for their victim, and for real rape victims, by increasing even more the mistrust that exists to rape allegations -- and there already is a whole freaking lot.

But there is a much bigger problem with rape and harassment in general than with false allegations, specially when it's hard even for actual rape victims to get their actual rapist prosecuted.

That was what I meant by "not being a problem". I meant "no being as much of a worlwide, systematic, common problem as rape itself is".

On 1/25/2017 at 2:02 AM, SilvaDreams said:

Well coming from both a furry and a woman.

1) Grow a thicker skin, specially if you advertise things in your name.

2) Grow a thicker skin!

3) Grow a thicker skin already.

They are idiots on the internet, and likely teens.

Use iron skin

Lets keep this post confined to in game problems. Sure other problems exist outside game but we don't wont this topic locked right?

I do not pretend to be a moderator and have no desire to be one. I just don't like seeing topics getting locked. As always have a good day Tenno.

Edited by -Akeva-Banshee-