Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Tenno use warframes?

Asherhill

1 minute ago, (PS4)rjtheripper931 said:

But they never tell us how transference works.  Does the operator link minds with the warframe.  Also I am betting 200 plat that the warframe can survive by itself without an operator but it won't last long.  

So u say that warframe is living organism?

It might be.  Because how else can you explain the warframe pulling the war out of its chest without the operator touching the warframe.  I have a strong feeling that the warframes are symbiotic beings each with their own personalities and move sets that us as the operator uses.  This can only become true if DE decides to tell us how transference works. 

2 hours ago, Asherhill said:

Warframes require lifesupport, breathe and generally have enough organics to them to make them at least a cyborg.

The question is more on whether they're individually sapient or not. Just cause something's ticking the boxes for biological life, however tenuously, doesn't necessarily mean it possesses higher functions. At this point in time...more data needed for a conclusive argument to be made.

3 hours ago, Asherhill said:

Well...it bleeds so i'd say it is indeed a living organism, plus Nidus being in the game gives a whole new perspective on what warframes really are. Nidus is basically the one frame that has been "untouched" as it were.

I was wondering this too. Are warframes like what wands are to wizards? Who or what made the warframes and how did they get their unique abilities. They explain how the tenno(children) got their power and how they operate the warframes but what are the warframes exactly? After the second dream they make it seem as if the warframes are just objects that the tenon use to embody. The shadow stalker even stabs the warframe in the ship(how you get the broken war) and talks about how weak you are without it etc. So I'm thinking maybe warframes were constructed by someone related to margulis. Warframes are like the wands to wizards, with it we are exponentially stronger and without it we are extremely weak. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

I was wondering this too. Are warframes like what wands are to wizards? Who or what made the warframes and how did they get their unique abilities. They explain how the tenno(children) got their power and how they operate the warframes but what are the warframes exactly? After the second dream they make it seem as if the warframes are just objects that the tenon use to embody. The shadow stalker even stabs the warframe in the ship(how you get the broken war) and talks about how weak you are without it etc. So I'm thinking maybe warframes were constructed by someone related to margulis. Warframes are like the wands to wizards, with it we are exponentially stronger and without it we are extremely weak. 

You may wish to go through the missions again. Most everything is explained.

1 hour ago, Extroah said:

We don't know what the Warframes are or how the Operators (not Tenno) exactly control them, or if they do at all. The lore of the Game is too conflicting to be sure of either of the variants people commonly say.

A lot of the community has poor reading skills or they take metaphors as litteral fact.

13 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

Spoiler warning: the answer is

Hide contents

yes

No, no it isn't.

We've had one instance of a warframe moving when we were a few feet away from it. That could have been us, residual effect or a "death rattle". 

The rest is an absolute jumble. All we know is that the frames were built by the Orokin for us to use as conduits for our power that we couldn't control on our own. 

Stop using theory as fact.

Edited by Ailissa

2 hours ago, Ailissa said:

No, no it isn't.

We've had one instance of a warframe moving when we were a few feet away from it. That could have been us, residual effect or a "death rattle". 

The rest is an absolute jumble. All we know is that the frames were built by the Orokin for us to use as conduits for our power that we couldn't control on our own. 

Rhino Prime Codex Entry, have you read it? I didn't,

1 hour ago, Dante102 said:

Rhino Prime Codex Entry, have you read it? I didn't,

Yes, i've read it.

I've also followed the story where Tenno believed they were the frames and have seen nothing that says that Rhino wasn't under Tenno control.

On top of that a lot of lore contradicts it .... mainly the fact they were built buy the Orokin.

4 hours ago, Ailissa said:

No, no it isn't.

Well, one witnessed instance and one report of it. Sylvana indicated that Titania came to her rescue when she was already incapacitated transferring with a tree. Which could either be one of the Tenno Silvana worked with commandeered Titania to come to her aid or Titania itself came to the aid of its operator.

5 hours ago, Ailissa said:

No, no it isn't.

The question was 'is it alive'.

The insides of frames are made from infested tissue. The outside is armor. Its IS organic. Sentience was not the question.

Warframes are biomechanical, technocyte based tissue shaped/grown/mutated into the forms needed. 

Tenno/Operators are human beings who have been mutated by void exposure at a young age.  They're also given implants which, in addition to a pod, allows them to astrally project their consciousness into another body.  This lets them safely channel their powers through the limited and shaped conduits of warframes and their powers.