The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Calculated How Many Weapons Players Will Need To Reach MR30?

Jamescell

Just wondering if somebody has taken the time to compare how much affinity weapons/frames reward, the rate of change of the affinity bar per rank, and/or the average amount of new affinity DE creates by way of new content in a year in order to approximate how many weapons/frames need to be released or how long it will take for players to reach MR30.

MR30 requires 2,250,000 MRXP. I think we are currently at 1,371,246 available to Founders (wiki says 1,368,246 as of 19.5, one weapon released since then). That means we are 878,754 short of MR 30. That is 146.5 frames, 292.9 weapons, or a mix thereof.

Edited by egregiousRac

Just now, egregiousRac said:

MR30 requires 2,250,000 MRXP. I think we are currently at 1,371,246 available to Founders (wiki says 1,368,246 as of 19.5, one weapon released since then). That means we are 878,754 short of MR 30. That is 150 frames, 300 weapons, or a mix thereof.

So we ain't gonna see MR 30 in at least 3 years xD

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Not questioning your math, but those numbers sound absurd, even mixed, i cant imagine 70 more warframes, even if we consider some of them will be primes of currently existing frames.

Sentinel, Kubrows, Archwing are the same as Warframe so it could help x)

2 minutes ago, Simonb53 said:

Sentinel, Kubrows, Archwing are the same as Warframe so it could help x)

I know, but still that number soudns unreachable, 10 breeds of dogs? 15 different sentinels?. Though maybe DE will implement other sources of MR like someone above mentioned.

Edited by John89brensen

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Not questioning your math, but those numbers sound absurd, even mixed, i cant imagine 70 more warframes, even if we consider some of them will be primes of currently existing frames.

100 frames is 600,000 MRXP, whether that is actual Warframes, Primes, Umbra, Sentinels, Archwings, Kubrow, Kavat, etc. 100 weapons is 300,000 MRXP. We need just under 900,000.

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

I know, but still that number soudns unreachable 10 breeds of dogs? 15 different sentinels?. Though maybe DE will implement other sources of MR like someone above mentioned.

Since they seems to having plan for the cyst (At least I hope it was not just for the Charger) it may create some other kind of breed :P

Edited by Simonb53

Just now, egregiousRac said:

100 frames is 600,000 MRXP, whether that is actual Warframes, Primes, Umbra, Sentinels, Archwings, Kubrow, Kavat, etc. 100 weapons is 300,000 MRXP. We need just under 900,000.

Im not questioning the math, im questioning how unrealistic sounds 100 Warframes, thats enough to make a prime for every frame that currently has none, and then some more new ones. Apply the same for every other thing, 20 new archwings, or kubrows, or whatever.

Just now, John89brensen said:

Im not questioning the math, im questioning how unrealistic sounds 100 Warframes, thats enough to make a prime for every frame that currently has none, and then some more new ones. Apply the same for every other thing, 20 new archwings, or kubrows, or whatever.

Warframe has been going for four years and we are 61% of the way there. They have kept innovating and evolving this entire time. Another three and a half years of similar game growth doesn't seem insane to me.

I would like to see them slow down and put a lot of polish into the more lacking stuff though.

11 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Jesus how the hell are we going to get 70 loadout slots for each frame... I'm the kind that hates changing equipment for each frame so i choose the most suitable weapons for a frame and nickname the loadout (Silver Raven, Shocking!, Dis gurl is on fire, etc.)

5 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

They have kept innovating and evolving this entire time. Another three and a half years of similar game growth doesn't seem insane to me.

I dont entirely agree with this statement. I dont think the game will fail, but lets see what 2017 has in store for us.

5 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

I would like to see them slow down and put a lot of polish into the more lacking stuff though.

This i would like as well. After 4 years of changes, the game is in some serious need of balance and polishing.

Edited by John89brensen

We can guess at least 2 more kavats, 3 more cyst monsters, 1 more sentinel (we've already seen it), 1 more 'frame (we've already seen it), 2 more Archwings, 4 more Archwing weapons, and 4 sets of Prime Access a year. That's what, 12k + 18k + 6k + 6k + 12k + 12k + (24k + 4x[whatever]) = 90k + 4x[whatever].

That alone would be about a year's worth of work. Can Minki keep up? They'll have to switch to something else for MR generating points soon, lest we end up with hundreds and hundreds of absolutely everything. I can see it now... Lato, Grineer Lato, Corpus Lato, 6x Syndicate Lato, Simaris Lato, Lato Prime, all Ak-variants of Lato, Archwing Lato, Sentinel Lato, Helminth Lato, Kavat Lato, Kubrow Lato, Umbra Lato, Lumina Lato, Mara Lato, Dex Lato, Sentient Lato, have-I-won-the-Lotto Lato, ad infinitum for every other current everything. When someone on trade chat goes, "What am I supposed to do to get a Lato," they'll be brought into an existentialist conversation on the many different kinds of Lato. XD ROFL

For the mr 30 they just need to change the gaining of XP and let us get XP after maxed the arsenal like say 10% of the total of your maxed gear so you can farm XP with your maxed frame too. This number won't encourage people who maxed their frames to stick with one but add a chance to get XP after maxed. It is sounds more viable than they release 150 frame when they can max release 5-8 per year if they have idea and time to work on it.

7 hours ago, John89brensen said:

Why is that unrealistic?

We currently have 31 base warframes and are 61% of the way to MR30 levels of mastery, so we only need around another 20 frames at that rate.

2 hours ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Why is that unrealistic?

We currently have 31 base warframes and are 61% of the way to MR30 levels of mastery, so we only need around another 20 frames at that rate.

Can you imagine 20 more original Warframes? What are they gonna be about? Chef Warframe? XD

5 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

Can you imagine 20 more original Warframes? What are they gonna be about? Chef Warframe? XD

The same question could have been asked 10 warframes ago, and yet here we are.

Nidus and the upcoming bard frame are two of the most unique warframes out of all of them.

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

The same question could have been asked 10 warframes ago, and yet here we are.

Nidus and the upcoming bard frame are two of the most unique warframes out of all of them.

You have a point. But still i cant imagine the state of the game 3 years from now, or whether i'll still be here or not.