Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic Anomalies

DEATHLOK

Question

This evening, with the Synoid Gammacor, I accidentally shot a magnetic anomaly. It disappeared. I was able to quickly pass through the area without a problem, as the anomaly did not return for a moment.

Has it always been this way? As I said, I shot it by accident—I was aiming for one of those little Grineer meatballs. I've never seen them disappear before, but then I can't say that I've shot them before.

My other firearm, the Tigris Prime, did nothing to the anomalies.

If this is a change, I think it makes these missions too easy. The anomalies become a non-issue. When they are persistent, you must work harder to get through the mission.

If it's not a change—no, t it has to be, because I've never seen anyone else take them down, either.

Really, this makes missions with magnetic anomalies too easy, much like removing the ability of Mine Ospreys to hurt players. It's putting training wheels on the entire game.

I probably wouldn't mind so much if this had been a little beginner mission on Mercury, but this is on a Sortie mission—and it just became a cake walk.

Edited by DEATHLOK

13 answers to this question

I don't know about permanent removal but it has been around for quite a while where if you shoot them with I think magnetic or electric damage elements they will detonate but then come back after like 20 seconds.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by TrinityPrime

Operator can destroy them, too, though this should only be attempted if you're otherwise out of options.  Electric and Magnetic damage can also destroy them.  Just stand a bit back, too close and you'll take damage and an Electric proc for your troubles.

Funny thing that I've played these missions a while and have never, ever seen anyone destroy one of those anomalies. I only discovered it today by accident.

I was completely resigned to diving through them whenever I felt I had no choice. LOL.

9 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Funny thing that I've played these missions a while and have never, ever seen anyone destroy one of those anomalies. I only discovered it today by accident.

I was completely resigned to diving through them whenever I felt I had no choice. LOL.

The problem is it's never mentioned in game that you can pop those so not surprising that you don't see any one popping those bubbles.  I didn't know either until someone mentioned it here on the forum and then I looked it up in the wiki to confirm.

Heh heh. I know exactly why we are allowed to do this. The ability to remove them for a short time was added because when they were first added with sabotage 2.0 they could spawn too close to a terminal and would rip you off the terminal thus making the mission impossible. Due to a report of this bug DE made it possible to kill off the bubbles so they would no longer obstruct the mission.

Here's what I'm talking about.

Edited by Miser_able
Added link

10 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

This evening, with the Synoid Gammacor, I accidentally shot a magnetic anomaly. It disappeared. I was able to quickly pass through the area without a problem, as the anomaly did not return for a moment.

Has it always been this way? As I said, I shot it by accident—I was aiming for one of those little Grineer meatballs. I've never seen them disappear before, but then I can't say that I've shot them before.

My other firearm, the Tigris Prime, did nothing to the anomalies.

If this is a change, I think it makes these missions too easy. The anomalies become a non-issue. When they are persistent, you must work harder to get through the mission.

If it's not a change—no, t it has to be, because I've never seen anyone else take them down, either.

Really, this makes missions with magnetic anomalies too easy, much like removing the ability of Mine Ospreys to hurt players. It's putting training wheels on the entire game.

I probably wouldn't mind so much if this had been a little beginner mission on Mercury, but this is on a Sortie mission—and it just became a cake walk.

I always shoot it down with the synoid, magnetic damage, so easy and simple