Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hopes for U20

(PSN)poonugget99

Recently I've felt that Warframe has had a shortage of long lasting content for example: u18 brought the challenge room mods, while simple, add a vast degree of longevity to the content, people still farm them because they're good and the content is somewhat challenging (the puzzles). However with u19+ we've gotten nothing that lasts. Rivendell could be considered a long system but they're so iffy. 

For U20 I really hope we get not only a longer quest, but also, a new area/planet etc... That is a new level of difficult. With this they could add a new reward pool to gear up for this new area. I also hope they create a intricate and fun system to acquiring umbra frames, something that lasts, something that remains a goal for us to complete for months to come. 

Those are just my thoughts on present and future, what're your thoughts?

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

I would like a new area though, maybe something that starts at level 50 or 60.

Exactly what I'm talking about. The highest level area is the top branch on the void and that's 40-45, which basically nothing once you start collecting "meta" gear and becoming mega powerful. Besides sorties, we have no reason to become that Powerful, if DE added a new planet that was challenging all around it'd be so great! 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

if DE added a new planet that was challenging all around it'd be so great! 

I want a completely new solar system, not just a single planet with a few nodes.  Also a brand new faction.  Of course this isn't U20 viable, so nevermind.

Just now, Xekrin said:

I want a completely new solar system, not just a single planet with a few nodes.  Also a brand new faction.  Of course this isn't U20 viable, so nevermind.

I feel like we'll get there eventually as updates have gradually begun adding meaningful content, but, just simply adding a new challenge for stronger players that actually challenges them would be a great first step

Frankly, if every cinematic quest is going to take as long as TWW to come out.. I'd gladly see them abandon the whole thing again. We had far more frequent big updates before TSD. Yes, there was some intermediaries, Lunaro, Specters, but the real big hitter, the next juicy bit of story, TWW, came out a -year- after TSD.

6 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

is there any word on what U20 is going to contain?

I mean we are at 19.8.1 so its not going to be too long surely? (hahaahahahahaaaha)

U20 is thought to be (maybe confirmed) the umbra update which would include a new cinematic quest. It's difficult to judge when this would be coming since they're being very hush hush about it (mitigating hype maybe?) And would most likely include umbra variants of either a few frames or all of them

I just want Umbra to be finally released. seriously, it's on the road to 2 years of delay and the last we knew is "it´s in the talks"? c'mon, the frame is finished, it was supposedly being released shortly after the second dream, then it was leaked to be part of the war within, but the script got scrapped. De gave us "the vacuum within" claiming that we had been waiting for it longer than for the war within, but umbra still being delayed with no signs of being anywhere near to be released while Nidus was released out of nowher and bard frame keeps consuming their resources.

So I hope for the umbra to be part of U20 since it hasn't been on U19 nor U18. 

Edited by ----Legacy----

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Frankly, if every cinematic quest is going to take as long as TWW to come out.. I'd gladly see them abandon the whole thing again. We had far more frequent big updates before TSD. Yes, there was some intermediaries, Lunaro, Specters, but the real big hitter, the next juicy bit of story, TWW, came out a -year- after TSD.

I think the reason that happened was because the war within was supposed to be those 3 major updates all in one (lunaro, SoTR and TWW) so they most likely had resources spread thin and probably didn't have a proper idea as to what they wanted to add (TWW feels unfinished and kind of as if they lost track)

3 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I just want Umbra to be finally released. seriously, it's on the road to 2 years of delay and the last we knew is "it´s in the talks"? c'mon, the frame is finished, it was supposedly being released shortly after the second dream, then it was leaked to be part of the war within, but the script got scrapped. De gave us "the vacuum within" claiming that we had been waiting for it longer than for the war within, but umbra still being delayed with no signs of being anywhere near to be released, so I hope for the umbra to be part of U20 since it wasn't on U19 nor U18. 

From my understanding, the only reason why we even talk about umbra is because of the Warframe China debacle getting it and others not so most likely they decided they might implement it but want to implement it with a story (since we've been hyping it for years) and i doubt the actual umbra frames are done, i don't think they'd give us the China one since it's a reskinned Excalibur that barely looks different

5 minutes ago, -Akeva-Banshee- said:

I am definitely looking forward to the bard frame but the dojo needs a lot of love. My hopes are that they focus on fixing bad glitches and adding those mythical clan created missions and obstacle courses.

I do believe clans/dojos are getting a major upgrade this year with a new assassination mechanic type thing where the dojo will serve as head base for the operation and clans need to participate together to take down the target (sounds like U20 material, maybe even as a 19.15 update or something)

12 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

I think the reason that happened was because the war within was supposed to be those 3 major updates all in one (lunaro, SoTR and TWW) so they most likely had resources spread thin and probably didn't have a proper idea as to what they wanted to add (TWW feels unfinished and kind of as if they lost track)

No, they mucked it up with Specters, and the shock of how badly they messed that up, along with -rumored- storyline leaks, caused all the delays in TWW, from an August release to a November release.

Also, to anyone saying ''u20 is near because were at 19.8'', stop assuming that u20 comes after 19.9, after 19.9, 19.10 comes, and however many more DE needs. DE hasn't even begun teasing it yet with cryptic ''soon'' and ''around the corner'' messages, we only know that Bard frame is coming. And one frame is not typically big enough to justify a whole number update, ergo, u19 or u20. Most likely u20 is still quite a ways off.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

2 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

From my understanding, the only reason why we even talk about umbra is because of the Warframe China debacle getting it and others not so most likely they decided they might implement it but want to implement it with a story (since we've been hyping it for years) and i doubt the actual umbra frames are done

how would the forums not rage about it? It had been about 2 years since founders access stopped being available, leaving all excalibur fans unable to get an upgrade for our favorite frame. And suddenly DE appears giving exactly that to players on another server, claims that it will come to us asap, and then start delay after delay after delay during 1,5 additional years and the excuses (in my eyes lore and the cinematic quest are just excuses) might extend that delay even more.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

i don't think they'd give us the China one since it's a reskinned Excalibur that barely looks different

yeah, barely different:

Spoiler

ArsenalHeader.png

1HZqU9U.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

those are so similar that I can't see any difference either.:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

how would the forums not rage about it? It had been about 2 years since founders access stopped being available, leaving all excalibur fans unable to get an upgrade for our favorite frame. And suddenly DE appears giving exactly that to players on another server, claims that it will come to us asap, and then start delay after delay after delay during 1,5 additional years and the excuses (in my eyes lore and the cinematic quest are just excuses) might extend that delay even more.

yeah, barely different:

Reveal hidden contents

ArsenalHeader.png

1HZqU9U.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

those are so similar that I can't see any difference either.:facepalm:

Oops I remember him looking very similar

48 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

Frankly, if every cinematic quest is going to take as long as TWW to come out.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)poonugget99 said:

It's difficult to judge when this would be coming since they're being very hush hush about it (mitigating hype maybe?)

Yeah on the last devstream they flat out refused to preview anything major upcoming so as not to have a repeat of U19 TWW.

So far the only really confirmed thing that I can remember being promised soon is Bard Frame.  Beyond that its mostly speculation, unless I blocked out something important.

Well fellow Warframe player, it has come to my attention how the lovely fellas from Digital Extremes have been focusing their efforts in unraveling the mysteries of the fictional universe they have created through journeys with specific objectives which are handsomely rewarded with unique items and systems of useful nature, which is greatly different from their works from the past, when great part their developing abilities were directed in replacing and/or improving the once acceptable mechanics. 

Currently I do not have any expectations from the chaps from our beloved game development company, but my oh my, I would be filled with joy if they remembered their origins and returned to their earlier format.

Personally I want a complex system to acquire umbras.

I was thinking something like this:

On the new planet, special rooms spawn that hold a mini boss (similar to Orokin vaults) they drop new mods and weapon parts, but also, a piece of a key. Once you've collected all pieces, this key can be created to enter the assassination mission ala Lephantis style access. This boss would not only be difficult, but, would be fun and have lore implications. This boss would drop open access to a special tileset where you complete a challenge or boss to get an umbra. Make it difficult, make it long (these are supposed to be the most powerful Warframe after all)

1 hour ago, morningstar999 said:

is there any word on what U20 is going to contain?

I mean we are at 19.8.1 so its not going to be too long surely? (hahaahahahahaaaha)

We've gone up to higher versions than #.8 before in the past. Pretty sure we've gone all the way up to #.16 once in a previous update in the past I think.

Edit: Looking at the wiki, technically with the other bits and pieces we got of 19.0 before 19.0 even came. we're technically on number scale in 19.22 if you count the amount of individual updates we've gotten that are before hand to the 19.0 up till 19.8. So this'll be the largest warframe series of updates then in that case to date.

Edited by Cmdr-A