Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did you buy nidus and ivara or did you grind (poll)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Bought Nidus - since I heard the grind was boring and bugged.

Kinda grinded for Ivara. Already had 2 parts due to using high lvl spy missions as a way of solo-leveling melee weapons.  Only took about 10 more mid-level mission to get the last part, which I believe was the chassis.

Farmed up both Ivara and Nidus.  Spy missions are something I enjoy doing so Ivara wasn't bad at all.  Nidus on the other hand - I wanted to shoot myself by the end of that one.  Took too many runs for me (bad RNG to the max!) and the mission is just boring as hell.  Throw in all the horrbile PUG's and it sucked hard.

The frame I bought to avoid grind was Mesa.  Stupid key locked boss fights are stupid.

I got Nidus within a few days of setting my mind to the grind. 

I bought Ivara as I couldn't get a handle on spy missions when I first started, I just sucked at them.  Then once I got a bit more experience, I spammed spy missions for the various spy only mods.  Think I got Ivara about 5 times over. 

Lesson was learned.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

This thread got me thinking: for these two and many other frames I could easily farm up and sell 200 to 300p worth of stuff in half the time it would take to farm the frame.  I will probably be buying more frames in the future.

Personally, as well as a lot of other players I imagine, while yes this could definitely get you the frame faster (bypassing the 3 days alone gives more than enough 'profit' on time invested)... I find it incredibly boring. Sculking trade/the market is not hard by any means, but neither is it enjoyable (unless you have a Nef Anyo sized hard-on for profit).

I would never buy a frame, because not only does that, for me, take away the fun of earning it, but it also encourages DE to "Hema" everything despite how bad that might be for the playerbase.

DE is a business, and you know what speaks louder than you, or me, or anyone else combined? money. If they make the biggest profits because they continually make the grind/rng wall higher and higher, why wouldn't they keep doing it? Why not feed people's need to have it easy, have it now? It'd be stupid not to. I have this stance because fremium games walk a fine line most of the time, Warframe being no exception. I will tout Warframe as great to all the people I know, all the way until they start taking things too far in the name of greed.

Buying suits encourages screwing over players. It really really does. And sure sometimes DE backs down (vauby p), but eventually (hema) they wont anymore. The only thing we as players can do is continually show them that suits isn't how they make their money.

We should welcome challenging grinds. NOT punishing.

Edited by Azlen

Bought Nidus because of a post holiday gift money. but grinded on Ivara. Spy missions were my thing when she came out, so no big deal getting her. Nidus on the other hand, I was just tired of grinding due to the Frost and Ember Prime unvaulting and the hardcore month it took to get them. So the towel got throw in on the newest frame when he showed. No regrets.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12259515

Also please comment why and which one you bought or grinded for . 

I bought both btw, I couldn't deal with the grind 

#WalletWarriors

I'll tell ya straight up that I bought Ivara.

Normally I much prefer to Build over Buy.

But I couple of factors on this one that got me just go ahead and buy her instead.

A combination of Bad RNG and at the time really not liking Spy missions.

Even now, after having done way way more spy missions I still don't have all her parts. 

I have: b.p. neuroptics and systems. So no chassis. =p

And only one of each of those, so even the parts I've got have been really "rare drops" for me. 

Then they came out with her "lol spy vaults" Prowl mod. At the time I think I only had one of her parts and like I said, at the time I really disliked Spy missions. 

So I said "screw it" and just bought her. 

Grabbed the mod and actually used her with that mod to "get good" (or at least better =p) at doing Spy vaults.

It gave me the time to move around undetected, learn the routes and all that, without being paranoid I'd set off an alarm by bumbling around like a derp.

So, yeah...

Cheers
~R~

39 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Personally, as well as a lot of other players I imagine, while yes this could definitely get you the frame faster (bypassing the 3 days alone gives more than enough 'profit' on time invested)... I find it incredibly boring. Sculking trade/the market is not hard by any means, but neither is it enjoyable (unless you have a Nef Anyo sized hard-on for profit).

I would never buy a frame, because not only does that, for me, take away the fun of earning it, but it also encourages DE to "Hema" everything despite how bad that might be for the playerbase.

DE is a business, and you know what speaks louder than you, or me, or anyone else combined? money. If they make the biggest profits because they continually make the grind/rng wall higher and higher, why wouldn't they keep doing it? Why not feed people's need to have it easy, have it now? It'd be stupid not to. I have this stance because fremium games walk a fine line most of the time, Warframe being no exception. I will tout Warframe as great to all the people I know, all the way until they start taking things too far in the name of greed.

Buying suits encourages screwing over players. It really really does. And sure sometimes DE backs down (vauby p), but eventually (hema) they wont anymore. The only thing we as players can do is continually show them that suits isn't how they make their money.

We should welcome challenging grinds. NOT punishing.

I happen to enjoy trade chat.  Maybe that's why I own every frame and weapon one could possibly buy with platinum and I still have a reserve of 2000 plat without ever spending a dime of real money. 

Everyone who doesn't spend money grinds somehow.  I'm just making it as efficient as possible.

Ground 'em both out. Ivara came out back when I couldn't actually play public with anyone most of the time as I was taking care of my grandad and often was AFK at random times, so solo Spy Missions fit me quite nicely. When Nidus came out, I just used the node he drops on as the location to forma the Javlok to have 5 or so polarities as I'd just built it. Oh, I farmed Equinox, too, though that took close to a year and change as I did plenty other than fight Tyl over and over.