Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested need more then a gimmick.

Lancars

I feel like the only real threat at high levels the infested have is knockdown spam. Harpoons and mutalist MOA just tossing us around. DE wanted to solve the problem of tenno ping pong when it come to ancients just coming up and smacking us but the ping pong is still there with ancient harpoon spam and mutalist MOA shockwave spam.

They need a better theme to there type then just a crutchy gimmick. And yes i know theres mods to have a chance to prevent knockdown but when you get shoved around by 5 MOA's and then harpoon pulled 2 times sometimes that mod isn't enough. Heck on my atlas i even got knockdown cause the shockwaves still give me a small bump but it sometimes it enough to bump me up to not count as being on the ground. Please fix the ping pong its worse then ever before.

EDIT: I'm not asking for a nerf just take away a cheap tactic that they crutch on for threat. I want real threat not just being tossed around.

Edited by Lancars

There are gameplay mechanics that help you not getting knocked down either, even if you don't count the mechanics that just lets you dodge the knockdowns. The mods aren't that important.

There's no ping pong if the ping pong ball doesn't allow it to happen.

59 minutes ago, Lancars said:

DE wanted to solve the problem of tenno ping pong

I can handle the ping pong just fine, it is the insta clouds and puddles of death that bother me.  Much like the corpus sappers and techs.

Edited by Xekrin

On 2/9/2017 at 8:52 AM, Xekrin said:

I can handle the ping pong just fine, it is the insta clouds and puddles of death that bother me.  Much like the corpus sappers and techs.

For me the clouds and puddles aren't the issue its just being tossed around back and forth just gets really old very fast. Other then that i like the suggested idea of having them crawl on walls and stuff. So they can drop right on you and stuff instead of needing shove gimmicks to make them a threat.

Infested are a Zerg type faction; weak individually but attack in numbers. They're supposed to die wholesale. The "weakpoint" system introduced on the last devstream, sure I can get behind not wanting, and I've already posted such in another thread. But for the most part, their other mechanics I don't really mind. I'd rather see a nerf to mutalist osprey gas proc scaling than shockwave and harpoon spam.

So basically equip Handspring instead of a half-arsed useful exilus mod? Infested are a joke if you know what you're doing, and the only real annoyance is the ancients that grab you midair or from behind a wall. The Moas are decently weak enough because they do nothing but stun; the puddles do nothing and the swarm does minimal dps. The infested are meant to be strong if you let them swarm you (For the swaaarrrmmmm!), so just keep moving. I'm sure nobody realizes that staying on the move is useful anymore now that we have Mirage Simulor and Ember who can stand in one spot and never die unless it's grineer bombards/corpus nullies.

10 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

So basically equip Handspring instead of a half-arsed useful exilus mod? Infested are a joke if you know what you're doing, and the only real annoyance is the ancients that grab you midair or from behind a wall. The Moas are decently weak enough because they do nothing but stun; the puddles do nothing and the swarm does minimal dps. The infested are meant to be strong if you let them swarm you (For the swaaarrrmmmm!), so just keep moving. I'm sure nobody realizes that staying on the move is useful anymore now that we have Mirage Simulor and Ember who can stand in one spot and never die unless it's grineer bombards/corpus nullies.

Even with handspring so many go off at times you just get tossed around like a volleyball. I want real gameplay with them. Not cheese.

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

Even with handspring so many go off at times you just get tossed around like a volleyball. I want real gameplay with them. Not cheese.

Then read the rest of my post? The whole advantage that our frames have over the factions is our parkour and abilities that can cc or single target dps. True, they are annoying with their healers and disruptors grabbing you with the moa shockwaves (toxic ospreys be damned too), but it's not hard to try a bit harder. After all, the game is 'ninjas in space' and ninjas aren't buildings that take no knockdown from a small wave. 

6 hours ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Then read the rest of my post? The whole advantage that our frames have over the factions is our parkour and abilities that can cc or single target dps. True, they are annoying with their healers and disruptors grabbing you with the moa shockwaves (toxic ospreys be damned too), but it's not hard to try a bit harder. After all, the game is 'ninjas in space' and ninjas aren't buildings that take no knockdown from a small wave. 

Oh i'm jumping about all i can at times but the harpoons can home in and when they become common you're getting grappled out of the air and the moment you get back up a MOA shockwave tosses you and you get harpooned again and shockwaved again cause they start to become common after awhile. So again mobility sometimes won't be the solution to it. Heck even blocking with melee i've been bumped by a shockwave enough to drop my block and i got hit by another shockwave and knocked over and then harpooned into a pool and was right next to a toxic. I basically get killed by gimmicks more then a real fight like the grineer and corpus. Atleast they don't completely remove your control over your tenno for extended amount of time.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:34 PM, Carnage2K4 said:

I'd like to see them running on the walls and ceiling, jumping from each all over the place... make them interesting...

Best idea if they want to make them harder to hit. New grabs like the Manics have would be interesting.

It would be really cool to have :grineer:& :corpus: transform real-time into :infested: in missions where they're both spawning. Dead Space!

Handspring and sure step can only get you so far especially with ancients coming from every entrance and side room, getting harpooned from 4+ ancients at the same time is annoying, yes handspring and sure footed help but they also leave you stunlocked b/c of the blocking animation, parkour does help a bit with the ancients but they can still get you.