The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wasn't the Taxon going to have health leech as well?

AdunSaveMe

At one point the Taxon restoring HP was at least being considered. Why didn't it happen? As a new player sentinel, regenerating health would be better than regenerating shields, because the only other ways to do it are a rare mod that forces a specific energy-consuming playstyle, using one of a handful of frames and vastly limiting your options, or using gear consumables that ruin the flow of the game.

It kinda feels like there's a war on health regeneration here. Options are extremely limited, especially for newbies.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'm okay with it not leeching health since it can give you overshields.

I don't remember it ever being discussed that they'd have it leech health, though. Do you have a source on that? If you can show me them saying it then I'll gladly ask the same question you are because that'd be hella useful.

Also the hp regeneration could be integrated into the warframes since they are warpuppets with super abilities. Less hp regen than the mod can do and less what nidus can do but a simple 1-2 hp / sec won't harsh anything still you need to avoid the battle with low hp.

Also the shield regenerates faster and it regenerates but the hp not only in special terms. (mod)

Edited by Sziklamester

8 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I'm okay with it not leeching health since it can give you overshields.

I don't remember it ever being discussed that they'd have it leech health, though. Do you have a source on that? If you can show me them saying it then I'll gladly ask the same question you are because that'd be hella useful.

It was mentioned in a devstream.

16 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Use the Medi-Ray mod then.

im sorry but WHAT?

new player sentinel

FINAL BOSS rng mod reward

i personally have the mod, but do you honestly expect a new player to get this? id make a backwards penguin meme, but im too lazy

Edited by Moysa

14 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It kinda feels like there's a war on health regeneration here. Options are extremely limited, especially for newbies.

An odd sentiment, given that Life Strike, health pizzas, Rejuvenation, Trinity, Inaros all still exist and have yet to be disappeared in this apparent war.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

An odd sentiment, given that Life Strike, health pizzas, Rejuvenation, Trinity, Inaros all still exist and have yet to be disappeared in this apparent war.

all things that aren't readily available for new players?

This sentinel was supposed to be baby's first sentinel and steve kept talking about never finding any health orbs in the early in his streams, which is why it was supposed to give players early game life regen, so they don't get whittled down by slash procs and the occasional shield break.

3 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

This sentinel was supposed to be baby's first sentinel and steve kept talking about never finding any health orbs in the early in his streams, which is why it was supposed to give players early game life regen, so they don't get whittled down by slash procs and the occasional shield break.

This sentinel was designed well before Steve started his playthrough, so I don't see how something he's found recently impacted something in the works for quite a while now. Can you point to where it was said that this sentinel was supposed to give health regen?

Just now, peterc3 said:

This sentinel was designed well before Steve started his playthrough, so I don't see how something he's found recently impacted something in the works for quite a while now. Can you point to where it was said that this sentinel was supposed to give health regen?

It's getting really late over here, so unfortunately no, but i do believe it was in one of the past few devstreams?

I remember them talking about the lack of healing in the early parts of the game, so they wanted the sentinel to help players with that.

15 minutes ago, Ryouhi said:

Shields are far more beneficial to new players than health is, regardless of anything, so I'm not exactly sure why a new player would need one of the numerous healing sources that end game players have.

As a matter of fact, up until about level 50 you can almost completely bypass anything health related, at all, in favor of shielding due to toxin and slash procs not being as common  (or as powerful) as they are in the higher levels.

as aforementioned, i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't have Healing capability because "well Medi-ray exists".

more of the same problems ofc - no way to recover Health when it's inevitable to take some Health Damage from time to time even if you dodge well, and Enemies ALSO deal RNG Health Damage.

having a way to be able to get Health without having to have specific Equipment, is mandatory to play the game.
but, we can get nicely close if we have so many choices for trickling Health that we basically solve the problem for 99.9% of Players because they'll have so many options that they're bound to have atleast one with them.
not ideal, but it would be a lot better than now, where you take Health Damage because you just do, but can't get Health in any relevant way. (Pots/Lockers don't cover longer Gamemodes, the single Health Orb Life Support Pods give doesn't cut it, Et Cetera)

the Shield benefits Taxon has are pretty neat though. helps a lot but doesn't solve anything about the inevitable Health Damage all Players take.

- - - - - 

opposing opinions (or those ignoring facts, taking Health Damage over time is a fact) often wave this information off as if people are asking to have infinite Health.... all a basic method to trickle Health (or so many choices that it can cover this basis) needs to do, is provide enough of a trickle so that it can counteract the chip Damage you will take over time. Players can then opt into bringing Equipment for Healing if they desire more than that.

no specific numbers calculated out atm (i know, shame on me), but the equivalent to 1-2 Health Orbs per minute would likely cover this basis (no i'm not asking for passive Health Regen. just putting a value into perspective).

Edited by taiiat