The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

2 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

First ability should be controllable so i can take only ONE enemy/ally into rift.

Agreed. I usually just put one in the Rift at a time too (usually the most annoying one somhe can't hit my squad mates: Burstas, Ancient Healers, Bombards, etc.). But it is specially useful in Rescue Mission and Defense Sorties where you can protect the hostage and ONLY the hostage.

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

18 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Maybe just my play style but Limbo is my only warframe that can take on twenty level 95 sentients because of how the rift mechanic works. I imagine its the same dealing with eximus units doing that huge AoE slam that knocks everything down or bursas that does those shockwave attacks. You don't want to put the wrong thing in the rift by accident especially not a sentient doing that mirror ball attack.

S level limbo  mechanics XD GJ!

]\'[

40 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

2 things this thread seems to agree on.

Tap 1 for individual banish, Hold 1 for group.

Random cataclysms that make rift space you are unconscious of may be a bad idea.

]\'[

To clarify with Banish:

Tap 1 for individual banish, and ability to reverse their state, regardless of what state Limbo is in.

Hold 1 for group banish, always putting the group in the same state Limbo is in.

That addon to the individual banish is very important.

Also, I think everyone who is ok with the rift dash also agrees with stationary dash = stationary rift toggle (i.e., Rift state toggle without movement. To dash, you need to also move during the "roll").

First, sorry for my bad english ^^"

I have a suggestion to help teamplay and reduce the selfishness of limbo:

Limbo can expand he's ability to walk in and out the rift to he's teammate.

When a player, that is in a party with limbo, attack an enemie inside the rift, he will automatically enter the rift, the opposite if it is inside and the enemie is outside. Like now, rolling will remove a player from the rift.

This can help avoid limbo to prevents he's teammate from play.

Also...i continue to don't understand why one in the rift can't pick up item...i know it's because what the rift is...but this is a really annoying thing.

So in the Devstream 88 we had the chance to see the Limbo rework and where it is going. One of the major changes is that he is now Dio and can ZA WARUDO...

On a serious note

-While this seems like a very good ability (which it is) it has one MAJOR restriction and that is the limit on how many enemies you can frieze. If you exceed the limit you won't be able to go to the rift for a short period of time as well as most likely shut  down all your abilities. Why are we doing this again ? There are already other frames which pretty much do the same thing only better and without a limit. Rhino Stomp and Nezha can pretty much stop everyone in range and don't have a limit when it comes to the number of enemies which can be stopped. 

-Not only that but they are a lot tankier than Limbo as well, so why add such a stupid handicap where you are punished for using your ability ? If Limbo was not as squishy as he is right now than I guess I would understand, but you have to think, he will instantly die if he exits the Rift (even worse you probably won't expect it). he will have trouble with Nullifiers, and on top of that imagine going to a sortie where there are just waves of enemies coming towards you. You will be unable to use the Time stop/Stasis, whatever you wanna call it. You will just get punished instantly when you use it. 

-This rework is supposed to change Limbo and make him feel like an Actual master of the Rift, not some half-assed rift master wanna be. And they did it, as of right now he seems like an actual Rift Master, at least would if he didn't have this restriction on Stasis. If they keep this restriction, there is no reason why you wouldn't use Rhino or Nezha to do Limbos job. The limit has to go.

My solutions to this ?

-If they want to keep a limit so bad than they shouldn't handicap him so much. Make it so that when you exceed the limit enemies can't be sent to the rift anymore until you don't get rid of some. If it is the Cataclysm than make it so that no more enemies can enter it until you don't get rid of some of them that are inside of it. If they are banished (which most likely won't be the case since I am assuming you won't be able to get past the limit that easily by banishing enemies, hopefuly) than the firt enemy that was banished exits the rift. 

-If there are both Cataclysm and Banish than just don't allow anyone to enter Cataclysm and if you do banish someone when you reach the limit make it so that the first banished target exits the rift. 

Edited by ChameleonBro

The limit exists so potatoes can handle it so it's not going to go whether you like it or not, as for the downsides as long as they implement some way to tell when you're near your limit (maybe some sort of obvious visual effect) then I don't see any problem with it since the duration on his being in the rift seems to be indefinite now (if it costs energy it will probably be channeled since the transition is a roll) there will at least be a fair way for him to go down.

Also if you remember the quest Limbo isn't by any means a "master of the rift" he was just really good at rift walking and went over his limits, there was plenty of room for error for him so this kind of reflects what happens there.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

I honestly have same concerns.  I understand that a lot of projectiles can kill framerate. But giving such handicap is not really a solution.

As a solution it may be better for the Rift Dilation (My headcannon name for it) to have increased energy drain based on the amount of stuff frozen.

If you really want to go with the overloading the Rift idea it may be cooler to make somethig in such fashion:

If you overload the rift after 3 seconds it will implode dealing heavy damage to all enemies in the Rift Any waarframes are staggered (similar to decompression on corpus ships) loose energy (magnetic proc) and ejected from the rift. 
So in such way you can tactically use Rift overload and it still remains dangerous to you. So you do not want to be inside when it is overloaded.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

3 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

The limit exists so potatoes can handle it so it's not going to go whether you like it or not, as for the downsides as long as they implement some way to tell when you're near your limit (maybe some sort of obvious visual effect) then I don't see any problem with it since the duration on his being in the rift seems to be indefinite now (if it costs energy it will probably be channeled since the transition is a roll) there will at least be a fair way for him to go down.

Also if you remember the quest Limbo isn't by any means a "master of the rift" he was just really good at rift walking and went over his limits, there was plenty of room for error for him so this kind of reflects what happens there.

In the Limbo Theorem we are collecting Limbo pieces all over the galaxy since he made a mistake.

1 minute ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

In the Limbo Theorem we are collecting Limbo pieces all over the galaxy since he made a mistake.

Which is exactly the point I was making, Limbo has no control over the rift he just travels through it so it makes sense for the rift to have its own limits, as long as they give Limbo some sort of fair notice I don't see a problem.

11 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I was in the middle of editing this post when I got your reply. Read the post again, I gave some suggestions which don't completely shut you down but stop the friezing.

EDIT: What's the point of being able to tell when your limit is there if enemies can just constantly swarm into the Cataclysm. They will make you exceed your limit without you being able to react fast enough.

As for the Master of the Rift thing I understand, but his descriptions and how the devs were intending him to be tell otherwise.

Edited by ChameleonBro

10 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

I honestly have same concerns.  I understand that a lot of projectiles can kill framerate. But giving such handicap is not really a solution.

As a solution it may be better for the Rift Dilation (My headcannon name for it) to have increased energy drain based on the amount of stuff frozen.

If you really want to go with the overloading the Rift idea it may be cooler to make somethig in such fashion:

If you overload the rift after 3 seconds it will implode dealing heavy damage to all enemies in the Rift Any waarframes are staggered (similar to decompression on corpus ships) loose energy (magnetic proc) and ejected from the rift. 
So in such way you can tactically use Rift overload and it still remains dangerous to you. So you do not want to be inside when it is overloaded.

I gave my suggestions in the edited post. I was editing it at the time you posted this

10 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

The limit exists because Limbo is the only frame that can become completely invulnerable to outside effects, including Eximi auras.

If he were to be able to do unlimited hard CC on enemies that actually have an effect on him it would become a huge balance problem.

Yes but that invulnerebility is easily cancled if enemies just swarm you. Than you will just die without even seeing it. They should just make it so that he stops freezing enemies when he gets to the limit. 

Just now, ChameleonBro said:

I was in the middle of editing this post when I got your reply. Read the post again, I gave some suggestions which don't completely shut you down but stop the friezing.

Limbo is invulnerable to outside sources while in the rift so this isn't really an alternative when we don't know how his rift walk works, there's seemingly no duration on it as far as the devstream went and they said they were working out any energy costs there might be so since it's his passive I'm guessing it's going to be a channeled thing which means you basically end up being old Valk but better, all of your powers failing on you is a reasonable risk for trying to push the limits too far, again as long as they give you fair warning.

Limbo has extremely high survivability in the rift so they need some way to get him out that isn't some cheesy "x enemy is immune to the rift" or nullifiers so this seems more than fair to me as a downside, even if it does happen I'm sure it won't be for too long so you just have to get slightly good at doging bullets for a bit, there are plenty of squishy frames that get along just fine without the rift so I'm sure you can last a couple of seconds at worst and if not then it's balanced because limbo is capable of dying.