Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hikou Riven - To keep... or not to keep?

Acersecomic

Question

Here's the dilema... Hikou rivens are Faint, meaning any + or - has low values. But the stats I have here are all very comparable to their counterpart mods (yay), while the negative bane doesn't look too harsh (but still ahhhh). But it still itches me the wrong way and I'd like to hear what the rest of you think. Images are of the riven and the weapon without said riven.

How much would the weapon suffer against Grineer because of -23.2% damage to grineer?

GXWeNBZ.jpg

ZIaW7s2.jpg

Edited by Acersecomic
fixed embeded

8 answers to this question

The +% damage stat looks high, but it's not really that great. Since it has to stack up with the Hornet Strike's +220% damage, it will add like +33% more total damage, or something like that. For example, the Rifle equivalent of your mod would be something like +100% damage, for the same total increase, since Serration is lower from the start. 

The real question here is that why the hell Hikou has a faint disposition. They suck &#! compared to a lot of other secondaries ._.

Also your build is a bit... meh. Magnum force is a loss of DPS compared to 90% elemental mods. Viral is bad because Hikou will barely ever proc slash to go along with it. I would highly recommend corrosive to strip armor and therefore majorly strip enemy EHP way more than Viral does. Pressurized magazine..... WHY??

17 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The real question here is that why the hell Hikou has a faint disposition. They suck &#! compared to a lot of other secondaries ._.

Also your build is a bit... meh. Magnum force is a loss of DPS compared to 90% elemental mods. Viral is bad because Hikou will barely ever proc slash to go along with it. I would highly recommend corrosive to strip armor and therefore majorly strip enemy EHP way more than Viral does. Pressurized magazine..... WHY??

Shortest answer? Because it's cooler.

As for viral, hint, it's not the only elemental damage type. It was there when I took the photo, + I don't have Jolt.