The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE]crewman *sigh*

(PSN)unknownmystery_1

I've been noticing de crewman *sigh* ing a lot, I'm worried about him, I know the position he's at must be hard having to deal with all these repetitive questions and new people, it may be best to give him a brake from all this struggle and focus on his mental health.

( disclaimer: I'm aware of decrewman being a AI bot) 

#freedecrewman

Edited by (PS4)unknownmystery_1

I'd move him to Shipping and Recieving if being a front man is so tiring, or that depressing when a question is raised while working in the public domain. Seriously I've seen guys fired for fostering such an negative image of a product. You don't sigh and heavy mouth breathe because you don't like answering questions when providing a service meant to answer questions,... go get a job digging a ditch if you don't like working with the general public, Bot or not. I mean for gawd sakes if you hate people that much go work as as answer bot for AT&T. " Hello if you'd like to reach a customer service agent say yes."  Human..Yes...Bot...I'm sorry I didn't understand that, please try again..goodbye." Hue hue hue.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

16 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'd move him to Shipping and Recieving if being a front man is so tiring, or that depressing when a question is raised while working in the public domain. Seriously I've seen guys fired for fostering such an negative image of a product. You don't sigh and heavy mouth breathe because you don't like answering questions when providing a service meant to answer questions,... go get a job digging a ditch if you don't like working with the general public, Bot or not. I mean for gawd sakes if you hate people that much go work as as answer bot for AT&T. " Hello if you'd like to reach a customer service agent say yes."  Human..Yes...Bot...I'm sorry I didn't understand that, please try again..goodbye." Hue hue hue.

I agree it does create a negative environment in chat.

Yeah I was reading region chat a couple days ago and the DE chat bot kept writing "sigh" fairly regularly after being asked a question or the like. It seemed pretty weird to me. I know the chat bot is probably supposed to have some kind of dry sarcasm or something I guess, but never seeing it before it looked very odd to me, and seemed like an unprofessional way to present the game. I mean, a new player may not even be aware it isn't a person, and think it is straight up rude. Even if you are fully aware its a bot it just seems like a negative image to potray as a company.

Edited by Tesseract7777

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I was reading region chat a couple days ago and the DE chat bot kept writing "sigh" fairly regularly after being asked a question or the like. It seemed pretty weird to me. I know the chat bot is probably supposed to have some kind of dry sarcasm or something I guess, but never seeing it before it looked very odd to me, and seemed like an unprofessional way to present the game. I mean, a new player may not even be aware it isn't a person, and think it is straight up rude. Even if you are fully aware its a bot it just seems like a negative image to potray as a company.

I think I will have to agree with you. I'm pretty sure that's Glenn's humor (so you will only understand it if you know hwere it comes from. I mean I fund it funny myself) but well, not everyone knows about Glenn, specially new players.

Hmm...

Edited by NightmareT12

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I think I will have to agree with you. I'm pretty sure that's Glenn's humor (so you will only understand it if you know hwere it comes from. I mean I fund it funny myself) but well, not everyone knows about Glenn, specially new players.

Hmm...

Yeah I thought of Glen when I saw it myself -- I wasn't personally offended (not that it was directed at me anyways as I was just reading), and I am pretty sure it was meant to be humorous. But it was subtle enough that I'm not sure someone new to Warframe would really get that it is just meant to be funny. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

6 minutes ago, DarkNinjaLucian said:

Why is he always spamming chat with sighs >:(

They do it if you (or anyone) ask the same question (or trigger the same response) in the space of about a minute, go ask "where is baro" 2 times in the region chat, 1st will be a detailed to the second countdown to Baro's arrival, the second time it will be a *sigh*... it's kinda funny.

On February 26, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I thought of Glen when I saw it myself -- I wasn't personally offended (not that it was directed at me anyways as I was just reading), and I am pretty sure it was meant to be humorous. But it was subtle enough that I'm not sure someone new to Warframe would really get that it is just meant to be funny. 

Ya i understand the humour also, although It's created this passive agresiveness within the chat environment, as when someone new is trying to look for real help, it triggers people to just *sigh* instead of helping, if we can't expect DE to be supportive and willing to help how do u expect the community to. Being a clan leader whom often walks new recruits and new players through the game and gets them setup in the game, getting them to maintain interest in the game depends and reflects on the community, and we all know there are enough toxic players to begin with we don't need DE to be one of them lol