Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to get Cryotics?

mosaickle

Question

Please don't say only Excavations, that takes ages and I need around 7500+ Cryotics for something I'm building right now

I'm also a bit pissed that I managed to get around 1100+ Cryotics just then but the host connection crapped out so all progress was lost (on public)

23 answers to this question

Cryotic is only obtained from running excavation missions.  
You could, of course run fissure missions and sell rare prime part drops for platinum and then just buy whatever it is you need to build.
or, you could spend some plat on a resource booster and then you only need 35 or so rounds of excavation. 

Edited by Markerlight
More advice

It's really Excavation only. You usually get a lot of cryotic without even realising it if you prefer, say, Hieracon for relics/endo farming. I would recommend farming it a bit without counting the resources you get (I personally often forget that we're here for endo/relics and just start slashing things in my blood lust)
Edit: it's not 70 rounds of excavation, your average farming run gives you about 1200-2000 cryotic, in my experience.

Edited by Eldamil

2 minutes ago, Eldamil said:

Edit: it's not 70 rounds of excavation, your average farming run gives you about 1200-2000 cryotic, in my experience.

By rounds, I believe s/he means completing excavators. So basically, 80 seconds times 75 gives about under two hours of playing excavation, or even perhaps less if you get a group who can run more than one excavator at a time.

Even low level excavations like Dark Sector in Earth can give you a great amount. As the cryotic reward per excavator is the same no matter the level, you can even solo run Earth excavations. With a group it will go way faster. Remember to get a Frost though... I reached 2k cryotic on Earth Dark Sector excavation with a fire and ice duo in no time...

19 minutes ago, Markerlight said:

You could, of course run fissure missions and sell rare prime part drops for platinum and then just buy whatever it is you need to build.

I would've bought it with my remaining plat by now if I could, but it's not in the market, and besides, cryotics are the only resource I need now for it

13 minutes ago, Markerlight said:

By rounds, I believe s/he means completing excavators. So basically, 80 seconds times 75 gives about under two hours of playing excavation, or even perhaps less if you get a group who can run more than one excavator at a time.

He, and yeah I guess that's achievable, but not tonight, wish me luck tomorrow then aye

11 minutes ago, Atylia said:

So I essentially need to play 70 or so rounds of Excavation...I see why people say grinding ruins Warframe...

to make your grind easier without using plat for boosters id recommend to play the LoR first so u might get a free booster from the containers
then pick a very low excavation and play just one cycle (from spawn to extraction when you have to run in he opposite direction of the extraction to get the next excavator its faster to extract) depending on the map that's usually 3-5 excvators
with a good team you can start a new excavator in the second it appears so you have multiple running at the same time which makes the mission faster

although talking about grind you might want to read this

With Low-level solo Excavations, it is possible to harvest two or more excavators at the same time.  Using frames like Frost or Vauban (for infested) can make multi-tasking these excavators easier.  You don't even need to kill the enemies, just keep them away from the excavators.

lol... moaning about 7500.... I need 30,000 for the sibear and you don't see me complaining (although I do think the amount is stupid for an MR fodder weapon).  Just combine it with something else like getting relics (hieracon) and don't want it 'now'....

28 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

For a while now. I normally end up with credits and affinity boosters. They tend to range from about an hour to 3 hours I believe.

afaik its from 30 min to 3 hours

but yeah resource boosters from rare or reinforced containers are a thing

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

lol... moaning about 7500.... I need 30,000 for the sibear and you don't see me complaining (although I do think the amount is stupid for an MR fodder weapon).  Just combine it with something else like getting relics (hieracon) and don't want it 'now'....

Now that I think of it, it's not too bad, I think I was just really pissed about yesterday's game where all progress was gone since the host's internet crapped out and the host migration also crapped out, I would've got around 1120 (more if the other three people didn't want to leave which they tried to), I was Loki with 1.63 sprint speed sprinting to extraction and just before I got there to 'conclude' the mission and receive rewards....yeah sht happened

So yeah, was pissed about that

On 2/20/2017 at 2:47 AM, Atylia said:

Please don't say only Excavations, that takes ages and I need around 7500+ Cryotics for something I'm building right now

I'm also a bit pissed that I managed to get around 1100+ Cryotics just then but the host connection crapped out so all progress was lost (on public)

Unfortunately, yes.

I'd suggest picking ones which you can easily stomp through, and maybe bring some low ranked weapons to level. 

Fission ones have the "endless" mechanic, so you'll also gain prime parts/BPs for you to use or sell for plat. 

Also, run them solo or with friends/clan members you trust.

Edited by SkeinsOfFitzsimmons

Sorry, you can't get it outside of excavation, at leaast not in significant amounts.

your best bet would probably be hieracon on pluto, pretty much everyone farms for it there as far as I know, do correct me if I'm wrong at that though