Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This What We've Come To?

(PSN)Regiampiero

Whom ever said the trading system doesn't need to be reworked, the following link just goes to show how screwed up it is for console players. This guy went and created his own web site in order to sell his stuff, and although it looks awesome it makes me sad. Mad props to @(PS4)idsie for creating it and being pro-active, but I'm sort of peeved that a player has to go to those lengths in order to find the person that needs what he/she has. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

I still think the current trade system works fine. People make/use websites because they either do not have time to use the chat for a long period of time, or they are lazy and want it done fast. I do not mind dedicating some of my play time to earn currency because I know Plat can buy almost anything (except tennogen and few other bits).

Trading has issues but they're not very easy to fix and while it's neat they made a site for their stuff considering there's already a trading site that all players can use it seems a little redundant I've never had an issue selling off rivens or prime sets within 10-30mins. As long as you're actually looking at what people want to buy and you're not selling at some ludicrous price then it really isn't too hard.

24 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

Out of context.

Try reading the full comment. Websites are used by those who are lazy but also those who do not have the time. There is a huge difference in those 2.

And what is funny about an opinion? I think the current trade system works fine if you know how to use resources and time (proper advertising, word choice, haggling etc).

Definitely agree. It's not what a lot of players are used to, because most want some auction house they can vomit crap into and earn money. You actually have to be good at trading in this game, and there's plenty of players that can't do it. And if there WAS an auction house, prices would be absolutely nothing, people couldn't sustain necessary Plat without farming tooooooons of items and constantly selling for miniscule amounts. This trade system works because we trade with real world currency equivalent. An AH would destroy the economy. Plain and simple.

Edited by Azlen

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Whom ever said the trading system doesn't need to be reworked, the following link just goes to show how screwed up it is for console players.

You probably should have posted this in a console only sub-forum, so far all you are getting are PC players who think trade is fine because, well, they are on PC.

1 minute ago, Azlen said:

You actually have to be good at trading in this came

i dont think grinding a chat every 2 minutes afk in you'r ship and getting blocked as soon as you try to counter offer and get your posts pushed out of the chat every 10 seconds leaves any room for skill or being good at it its all luck in this game 

3 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Trading has issues but they're not very easy to fix and while it's neat they made a site for their stuff considering there's already a trading site that all players can use it seems a little redundant I've never had an issue selling off rivens or prime sets within 10-30mins. As long as you're actually looking at what people want to buy and you're not selling at some ludicrous price then it really isn't too hard.

Not easy to fix doesn't justify the lack of attempt. A simple digitization of the Maroo's system would be way better that what we have now. What I mean by that, is make the Maroo's posting a UI thing with the same pool of players as the trade chat. This way you don't have to go to her relay and you can use a search box to find what you want instead of becoming brain-numb looking at the trade chat. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I love when people post this link. Just goes to show how much people don't know and yet they boast they have the solution. Please find a recently posted Rhino set on console, message them and see if they ever get back to you. 

Your right about this, it is hit or miss sometimes but to save up 50% off of what trade chat is charging is worth the extra effort.

6 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

You probably should have posted this in a console only sub-forum, so far all you are getting are PC players who think trade is fine because, well, they are on PC.

I though about it, but given that if trade system gets changed it will get changed for everyone I decided it would be more appropriate here. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

19 hours ago, Azlen said:

Definitely agree. It's not what a lot of players are used to, because most want some auction house they can vomit crap into and earn money

Not everyone is begging for an auction house, there are dozens of suggestions that are as simple as "make more trade channels" to "add filters to trade channels".

Not everything is about make trade automated.  Not everyone can read 5,000 words per second that is needed to keep up with trade chat spam.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

2 minutes ago, MrFoxAos said:

i dont think grinding a chat every 2 minutes afk in you'r ship and getting blocked as soon as you try to counter offer and get your posts pushed out of the chat every 10 seconds leaves any room for skill or being good at it its all luck in this game 

To your first part, no it's definitely not the most enjoyable experience. I can agree to that. It's a bit primitive for sure.

Second, if you get blocked frequently, you are trading wrong, plain and simple. Maybe you don't know how to speak to people. Maybe you lowball way too hard. I've been trading for years and I've been blocked a grand total of once (and I was the one being a little too sassy mind you). Sure you get the occasional jerk every now and again. I know that for a fact. But it's all about how you handle it.

It's not luck just because some people can do it and some cant. There are players that have amassed over 50,000 Plat totally free to play. That's not luck.

18 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

on topic tho. auction house is horrible idea because it just makes afking more popular cuz u can get moolah by not playing the game WHICH IS WHAT DEVS WANT YOU TO DO. TO PLAY THE FRIKKING GAME

I disagree with the auction house idea too, but I a system like Maroo's could be extrapolated to a larger audience and given a search tool. 

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

18 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Not everyone is begging for an auction house, there are dozens of suggestions that are as simple as "make more trade channels" to "add filters to trade channels".

Not everything is about make trade automated.  Not everyone can read 5,000 words per second that is needed to keep up with trade chat spam.

To your point against me, I have a distaste for the idea of an auction house, which is often times the proposed solution. I would gladly welcome trade improvements, I'm just adamantly against an AH because I know what it would do to the economy. I'm guessing that wasn't so much directed at me, but you quoted me so :)

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

18 hours ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I disagree with the auction house idea too, but I a system like Maroo's could be extrapolated to a larger audience and given a search tool. 

Expanding maroo's bazaar and adding a search function is effectively an auction house.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

1 minute ago, Lord_Impaler said:

frisbee= communities endless ideas to make trade system good, DE=dog

TFW every player feels like they know how to make the game better than the Devs who are the ones who have a specific mindset that doesn't have to catter to the constantly shifting whims of millions of players. 

A quote from Pokemon Devs that says "If we listened to every fan idea, we wouldn't make a game" comes to mind here....

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Not easy to fix doesn't justify the lack of attempt. A simple digitization of the Maroo's system would be way better that what we have now. What I mean by that, is make the Maroo's posting a UI thing with the same pool of players as the trade chat. This way you don't have to go to her relay and you can use a search box to find what you want instead of becoming brain-numb looking at the trade chat. 

Are you suggesting posting a large UI into a small chat window as if that's somehow better than swathes of people posting their doctoral thesis into the chat? or maybe I just misunderstood but I don't see any way to have this be trading without having to go through some sort of loading screen so I don't get how this makes it easier. Honestly I think Maroo's Bizarre is a good idea in concept but isn't very well executed and needs to be expanded on by the team to make it better so it's actually desirable to use over trading. If there was more of a system than just a gesture in a crowded single room relay then it might work out better.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Whom ever said the trading system doesn't need to be reworked, the following link just goes to show how screwed up it is for console players. This guy went and created his own web site in order to sell his stuff, and although it looks awesome it makes me sad. Mad props to @(PS4)idsie for creating it and being pro-active, but I'm sort of peeved that a player has to go to those lengths in order to find the person that needs what he/she has. 

Can't see the content (apparently PC tenno are not allowed to interact with console tenno, or something), could you post a link? interested to see his work..

Also, since this hasn't been brought up, you know it can be fun/interesting/rewarding to create your own site? Like, as a hobby? I've made it my work and am a senior webdeveloper for well over 25 years now. Still, the notion of building a site to offer my stuff for sale is something that's on my mind every other day. 

Nothing to do with lazy (which, btw, is a preposterous notion if you know what's involved) or the current system being inadequate. Just something to keep me occupied.

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Are you suggesting posting a large UI into a small chat window as if that's somehow better than swathes of people posting their doctoral thesis into the chat? or maybe I just misunderstood but I don't see any way to have this be trading without having to go through some sort of loading screen so I don't get how this makes it easier. Honestly I think Maroo's Bizarre is a good idea in concept but isn't very well executed and needs to be expanded on by the team to make it better so it's actually desirable to use over trading. If there was more of a system than just a gesture in a crowded single room relay then it might work out better.

No you misunderstood. I mean like in Maroo's relay, you'll have 5 slots to which place you're items. Once you place the items in, you press a button and a computer places the items in the trade chat like [Argon Scope], [Ember Chassis] and so on. Once they're in the system, you can contact the seller as usual or by using the search box to see if anyone is currently selling the item you want. Once the seller backs out of the this trading UI, everything that got put in is erased and placed in the players quick sell option. This quick sell option doesn't keep the items for sell, but if the players returns to chat he'll have the option to place the same items up for sale with a simple click. 

Is this clearer? 

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

No you misunderstood. I mean like in Maroo's relay, you'll have 5 slots to which place you're items. Once you place the items in, you press a button and a computer places the items in the trade chat like [Argon Scope], [Ember Chassis] and so on. Once they're in the system, you can contact the seller as usual or by using the search box to see if anyone is currently selling the item you want. Once the seller backs out of the this trading UI, everything that got put in is erased and placed in the players quick sell option. This quick sell option doesn't keep the items for sell, but if the players returns to chat he'll have the option to place the same items up for sale with a simple click. 

Is this clearer? 

so basicly an auction house

3 minutes ago, ComCray said:

Can't see the content (apparently PC tenno are not allowed to interact with console tenno, or something), could you post a link? interested to see his work..

Also, since this hasn't been brought up, you know it can be fun/interesting/rewarding to create your own site? Like, as a hobby? I've made it my work and am a senior webdeveloper for well over 25 years now. Still, the notion of building a site to offer my stuff for sale is something that's on my mind every other day. 

Nothing to do with lazy (which, btw, is a preposterous notion if you know what's involved) or the current system being inadequate. Just something to keep me occupied.

http://idsiewarframe.simplesite.com/433660239 

Here you go.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Is this clearer? 

Yes thanks for clarifying, doesn't sound like a bad idea if trading is going to stay chat based as long as the items don't sit around in the chat while you're not sitting there waiting otherwise it gets too automated and then we get an auction house.

I don't see where you immediately jumped to "We need AH" from this particular thread though.  OP doesn't mention it that I noticed.  Anyway, here was my suggestion a while back on making trading a little better.

18 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Expanding maroo's bazaar and adding a search function is effectively an auction house.

Technically that's a bazaar, not an auction house, as you'd still have to contact and actively trade with the person.  maroo's is kind of silly right now, setting up 'stalls' that must be manually searched or still requires relay spam to get awareness for your wares.  Searching would at least speed up the process.

Just as the Wishlist concept I posted above, you'd see what is being offered but it still requires people to offer prices, suggest trades and so on.  Auction houses are notoriously automated, neither of these suggestions are that.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo