The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Warframe abilities broken via transference

(XBOX)Umbra of Death

As of the last decently sized update, I have noticed that my Loki will be invisible when entering transference but when I return to the suit, there is a invisible Loki merged with a visible one instead of my normal frame. I thought this was odd so I tested it out and it turns out that this applies to ALL Stealth warframes that can turn invisible. Returning to the suit always causes this bug to occur. The worst part about this bug is that it's not just a visual bug, the enemies can actually see you and you can't recast your ability until the timer goes out so you are running around waiting for the timer to go down. One temporary solution I had was to jump off the map to reset the Invis, which kind of works. You always have your timer reset but you usually also die when you teleport back to where you jumped from because the enemies are basically waiting for you. 

I'm not sure, but I think there is a bug with that style mechanic? It does the same thing with Chroma's ultimate and Ivara'a invisible arrow; it's not exactly the same (though similar), but when his pelt is shot with the arrow and you cancel his ability, the pelt doesn't retain the invisibility when it returns to Chroma, no matter what duration is left on the arrow. You would think Chroma would keep the invisibility when the pelt came back, but he doesn't. 

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

But transference seems a little broken, in general, to me. If I put the "Focus" button as a trigger (L1/R1/etc) it doesn't work (it will make the tenno leave the suit, but not activate focus). When I moved it to square, it now works...?! For some reason, the duality of the ability can't be mapped to a trigger (so if I hold a trigger, it still exits the tenno, but doesn't activate focus). Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

Might be a bug then, on PC it simply removes such abilitys as soon you enter Transference.

1 hour ago, Omnipower said:

Weird i think its supposed to cleanse you of most if not all tenno abilities when you use transference at least that what happens when i use it with ash or loki during invisibility.

I started using stealth frames because before the update, if you were invisible and used transference then returned to the suit, the suit was still invisible. Now Transference breaks literally all abilities that have a timer or drain on them that is directly tied to the frame. The problem is especially bad on stealth frames. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the current PS4 19.13.1, when playing Solo, transference back does not break Loki's invisibility (yay!).

When I was with a friend that was hosting a game, I found that transference back does break Loki's invisibility.  2 steps forwards, 1 step back, I guess.