Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100% status Hek

Cimbro94

So i was thinking about how powerful it is the tigris prime with those insane slash proc, then i read on the wiki about other procs and i was amazed from puncture.

On the wiki it says that multiple puncture procs can stack. So i figured out what about a 100% status hek used as a debuffer for enemies.

In my mind i was thinking about this specific mod setup:

Toxic barrage

Shell shock

Frigid blast

Scattering inferno

Nano applicator/ or status riven

Hell's chamber

Scattering justice

Lingering torment

Now my issue is... How can i calculate how much effective is this setup against a single enemy?

A 100% status chance Hek can kill a lvl 100 Heavy Gunner in 3 well places shots. 4 for the Bombard usually. I made a build a few days ago. Because of Scattering Justice it's better than the tigris at stripping armor. 

Edited by aligatorno

the only damage types procs that stack with itself are: corrosive, slash and gas

as far that i know (not sure for now), fire and toxic (except Acrid effect) doesn't stack with itself and the others doesn't give any extra debuffs, so, viral only cut off half of their remaining health, by one way or another

and remember: corrosive doesn't have duration, so Lingering Torment will not help that much

but by default, if you have an shotgun with 100% status chance, every pellet will proc something, weighed by its damage, plus x4 for physical damage, so, expect a lot of puncture procs

Edited by Zeyez

43 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

the only damage types procs that stack with itself are: corrosive, slash and gas

as far that i know (not sure for now), fire and toxic (except Acrid effect) doesn't stack with itself and the others doesn't give any extra debuffs, so, viral only cut off half of their remaining health, by one way or another

gas procs actually apply toxin procs on enemies in a radius which stack but heat does not stack so that is true

It needs to have at least 100% status without taking multishot into account, otherwise it's not really worth it.

With 100% you will get procs each time from every pellet. Less than 100 means a chance to proc for at least 1 pellet.

Edited by xXx_mtv_xXx

4 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

It needs to have at least 100% status without taking multishot into account, otherwise it's not really worth it.

With 100% you will get procs each time from every pellet. Less than 100 means a chance to proc for at least 1 pellet.

Nano-aplicator + 4 Status Mods give 100% status chance on any shotgun with 25% status chance. 

• 4 weeks later...

Im running Hek with 100% status chance.

As well as Blaze and point blank. I think only Sancti tigris and tigris prime can beat the raw damage of this.

The 100% status build blows Vaykor hek out of the water for pure damage and utility build, since you can run viral and corrosive or blast and corrosive.

Just make sure you dont roll in Magnet, :)

But blast is a full knockdown which is nice but corrosive is very nice.

You can run Gas and Magnet I believe but magnet is just bad unless high sortie corpus, even then its not needed.

But indeed the MR4 hek is a straight end game weapon with this build.

There should be a Hek Prime. Since Vaykor hek is simply worse then Hek IF you run a status build.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:46 AM, Cimbro94 said:

Maybe i write somethong wrong but what i meant to say was about stacking the puncture procs...

I need to test how much the enemy's weapon damage is reduced, and how much effective it could be...

stacking puncture procs refreshes the timer the proc lasts, it will not go below the 30% damage reduction though.

Edited by Padre_Akais

On 25/02/2017 at 11:22 AM, Cimbro94 said:

So i was thinking about how powerful it is the tigris prime with those insane slash proc, then i read on the wiki about other procs and i was amazed from puncture.

On the wiki it says that multiple puncture procs can stack. So i figured out what about a 100% status hek used as a debuffer for enemies.

In my mind i was thinking about this specific mod setup:

Toxic barrage

Shell shock

Frigid blast

Scattering inferno

Nano applicator/ or status riven

Hell's chamber

Scattering justice

Lingering torment

Now my issue is... How can i calculate how much effective is this setup against a single enemy?

Im working on a Hek build to reach the 100% before multishot. 

The only problem is that Hek is punture based and punture is a terrible status proc. You cant stack punture proc to reduce the damage to zero and after a certain point that 30% reduction is nothing. 

Remove lingering torment, it wont do anything in your corrosive blast build. Insert Primed Point Blank, there is not even a reason in the world to not use this mod on Hek.

Other than that I think that Hek is already powerful and with 100% true status chance, it can be really good. ( Just praying RNG helps me today with my Riven)

15 hours ago, Waagabondh said:

Im running Hek with 100% status chance.

As well as Blaze and point blank. I think only Sancti tigris and tigris prime can beat the raw damage of this.

I'm a bit skeptical of running blaze over hells chamber on a 100% status shottie build. The total dmg reduction is pretty small with using hells chamber, I would have thought having 120% extra pellets to stack more statuses would work out as more killy, or is the extra dmg on the less statuses actualy better?

On 23/03/2017 at 9:00 PM, Ghogiel said:

I'm a bit skeptical of running blaze over hells chamber on a 100% status shottie build. The total dmg reduction is pretty small with using hells chamber, I would have thought having 120% extra pellets to stack more statuses would work out as more killy, or is the extra dmg on the less statuses actualy better?

I run both blaze and hell chamber, and scattered justice. The mod I change out is Point blank for higher content or I use Seeking fury for low, mid level.

Not that mods matter lower level, as a matter of fact I prefer other weapons over hek for anything below 40, 50.

With seeking fury I still 1 shoot most lvl 80 mobs but heavy armored grinears, but this is done by slotting in point blank.

And yes, evey shot fired procs status effect.

This said, Im currently using Soma Prime with argon scope, bladed shells and a massive crit build, and overall its just better for most content.

But I dont see the reason to go through all hazzle to get vaykor hek over the normal Hek.

Especially considering there is a Sancti AND prime Tigris, so if you like shotguns its a no brainer to go for this if you decide between the two.

Vaykor hek is a crit built shot gun that unless you can land head shots on a very regular basis and use Laser sight as a mod, will be worse then a 100% status built Standard MR 4 Hek.

PS: Investing in getting all those rare status mods for Hek, its worth noting that these are all great mods to move over to Tigris prime, which with its higher base status chance, will reach 100% status with hells chamber and the 4 60% elemental, status chance mods (which I currently use on Hek).

So my current Hek build is:

Hells Chamber (120% MS),

Scattered Justice (200% MS),

Blaze (60% dmg, 60% heat)

4 elemental mods (60% ele dmg, 60% status chance),

and either Seeking Fury or Point Blank, depending on content.

And since costs of Eledmg, status mods are low, you only need 1, 2 formas to achieve this.

This will put your Hek at 100% status chance, be very cost effective due to low point cost of elemental mods. And it will do REDICILOUS dmg due to 100% status proc chance. Which is not inflated, it is only inflated if your below 100%, 99.99999% is very very bad. You need 100% or dont go for status build on shotguns. Hek can do this due to Scattered Justice and Hells Chamber.

Edited by Waagabondh

4 hours ago, Waagabondh said:

I run both blaze and hell chamber, and scattered justice. The mod I change out is Point blank for higher content or I use Seeking fury for low, mid level.

Not that mods matter lower level, as a matter of fact I prefer other weapons over hek for anything below 40, 50.

With seeking fury I still 1 shoot most lvl 80 mobs but heavy armored grinears, but this is done by slotting in point blank.

And yes, evey shot fired procs status effect.

This said, Im currently using Soma Prime with argon scope, bladed shells and a massive crit build, and overall its just better for most content.

But I dont see the reason to go through all hazzle to get vaykor hek over the normal Hek.

Especially considering there is a Sancti AND prime Tigris, so if you like shotguns its a no brainer to go for this if you decide between the two.

Vaykor hek is a crit built shot gun that unless you can land head shots on a very regular basis and use Laser sight as a mod, will be worse then a 100% status built Standard MR 4 Hek.

PS: Investing in getting all those rare status mods for Hek, its worth noting that these are all great mods to move over to Tigris prime, which with its higher base status chance, will reach 100% status with hells chamber and the 4 60% elemental, status chance mods (which I currently use on Hek).

So my current Hek build is:

Hells Chamber (120% MS),

Scattered Justice (200% MS),

Blaze (60% dmg, 60% heat)

4 elemental mods (60% ele dmg, 60% status chance),

and either Seeking Fury or Point Blank, depending on content.

And since costs of Eledmg, status mods are low, you only need 1, 2 formas to achieve this.

This will put your Hek at 100% status chance, be very cost effective due to low point cost of elemental mods. And it will do REDICILOUS dmg due to 100% status proc chance. Which is not inflated, it is only inflated if your below 100%, 99.99999% is very very bad. You need 100% or dont go for status build on shotguns. Hek can do this due to Scattered Justice and Hells Chamber.

errr. I hate to tell you but that hek build isn't what people are talking and raving about with status builds on shotties.

You have some how understood why you want 100% status and not 99.9%, but missed the crucial part of how to build it on weapons with inate multishot (shotties, cernos prime ets). You MUST have 100% status BEFORE any multishot mods being applied. Which is why you are required to run the 4 dual stat status mods AND rank 3 nano minimum on hek to hit true 100% status. A 60% status on a riven would probably be more ideal than nano.

Basically what multishot is doing to the UI when it's telling you you have 100% status after it's applied, is that 100% of the time you fire, you will get at least 1 out of the 29.4 pellets to proc, NOT that all 29.4 pellets will proc (Which is what will happen if you build 100% status before the UI tricks you with adding multishot)

Basically your build is an 85% status hek, and with the 2 multishot mods you'll be looking at like 3 pellets procing per shot.

Edited by Ghogiel

On 26/02/2017 at 9:46 AM, Cimbro94 said:

Maybe i write somethong wrong but what i meant to say was about stacking the puncture procs...

I need to test how much the enemy's weapon damage is reduced, and how much effective it could be...

There's a much more effective way to reduce enemy damage... you shoot them in the face, they die, no more enemy damage.

Not sure the Hek is the best status shottie possibility, as you have to give up a bit too much to get there.  It's best as a sheer high damage weapon with the augment.

I think the Strun Wraith, Boar Prime, Vaykor Hek and Tigris Prime are the kings in that area.  The thing is you need both high status AND decent crit OR high fire rate (like the Boar P) to get the really beastly crit/status thing going.  The Hek falls down at crit for this purpose.

Edited by Omnimorph

6 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

Not sure the Hek is the best status shottie possibility, as you have to give up a bit too much to get there.  It's best as a sheer high damage weapon with the augment.

I think the Strun Wraith, Boar Prime, Vaykor Hek and Tigris Prime are the kings in that area.  The thing is you need both high status AND decent crit OR high fire rate (like the Boar P) to get the really beastly crit/status thing going.  The Hek falls down at crit for this purpose.

While the Hek is certainly NOT the best status shottie, thats probably going to be the tigris because it's going to hit harder and with a proc dmg type that stacks (slash). Not that people will be modding the tig for crit if they want a proc build. The Vaykor just can't do the status build any where near as well as Hek can though, primarily because it is a crit shotgun and heavily relies on building for that so cannot spare the mod slots required to hit 100% status without gimping itself.

If you run 100% status on vaykor you have to dedicate 5 mod slots to status and give up one of these mods:

primed point blank

Hells chamber

Primed ravage

Blunderbuss.

If you give up hells, you only do 5.6k dmg per shot with 7 pellets procing. If you give up one of the others it's probably worse

Regular hek is going to be hitting close to 22k with 29.4 pellets procing, so without testing and just math warrioring it, it should just do way more dmg and has way more potential for procs that are going to actually stack. So looks a fap ton better on paper.

I made the Sancti Tigris 100% Status Chance viable with a Riven. The problem is that I needed Shotgun Savvy to replace Seeking Fury, therefore no punchthrough. And the lack of Blaze or Sweeping Serration diminishes burst damage pretty significantly.

Nano Applicator is a very situational mod, imho, considering you only have a handful of Frames that have abilities with short cast-times (sometimes necessitating Natural Talent and/or Speed Drift to cut down cast times even further), let alone having to adjust your aim while zooming that could take off precious half-seconds you could use without that handicap.

yBv1kxKh.jpg

Riven:
Tigris Hexa-vexican, Vazarin, +40.8% Multishot +31.8% Electricity +36.1% Status Chance
Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23