Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Troll Prevention in Endless Missions

kyori

Missions like defense or interception whereby there is a 'break' after every 5 waves... trolls tend to chose 'battle' but chose 'extract' at the last second to troll other players.

I would like to suggest that whenever a player has clicked on 'battle', the game will lock him there, so that he cannot click on 'extract' on the last second to troll others.

Reason is simple:

- since chosen to stay and fight, then there is no need to back out.

- if clicked on 'extract' first but decided to stay and fight, you are always welcome.

Spoiler

lol-you-got-trolled.png

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

I would like to suggest that whenever a player has clicked on 'battle', the game will lock him there, so that he cannot click on 'extract' on the last second to troll others.

Someone choose "battle" (locked) but other "extract" and then someone stay alone. No thnx.

13 minutes ago, kyori said:

Missions like defense or interception whereby there is a 'break' after every 5 waves... trolls tend to chose 'battle' but chose 'extract' at the last second to troll other players.

Reason is simple:

- since chosen to stay and fight, then there is no need to back out.

- if clicked on 'extract' first but decided to stay and fight, you are always welcome.

thats not thought trough.
what if i dont want to continue alone? i choose to battle but my entire team extracts and i can't go back and have to continue solo, so what am i left to do? risk going alone or wait till the time almost runs out and hope my team clicks on battle before me so i can be sure to not continue alone, and what if everyone in my team thinks like me, so basically everyone waits for some one to make the first step.
continuing as whole team is for me important for example when doing fissure missions, where the only reason for me to stay is if all 4 continue so i have a higher chance of getting something good

Edited by _Mr.Robot

2 minutes ago, StabbyTentacles said:

There's a 10 second countdown.

So, whenever a player has clicked 'battle', and the timer hits 3 (or 4 seconds) the game will lock him/her there. 

If you're/they're thinking of pulling out after that you/they are a troll.  Players have had 7 (or 6 seconds) to make your/their choice.

again not trought trough. whats the difference? then i will simply leave 0.5 second before it hits the 3rd or 4th second before lock up

Edited by _Mr.Robot

It's simple, since Battle is the option with the risk of failure, if someone is left alone after the 10s countdown, give him an additional 5s to decide whether to stay or go. People that chose Leave will evac as usual.

Edit: No idea why this is becoming common now, I recall these guys trying to trick me into continuing after landing a Nidus piece.

Edited by ArchPhaeton

What about setting the number of waves when selecting a mission? anyone would be free to leave whenever they want but at the same time prompt a timed leave dialog for the remaining players if someone is leaving before anticipated, that might help to prevent this kind of situation.

Edited by Crimson_Fury

ArchPhaeton

"It's simple, since Battle is the option with the risk of failure, if someone is left alone after the 10s countdown, give him an additional 5s to decide whether to stay or go. People that chose Leave will evac as usual. "

Sounds like a pretty good/fair solution.  :thumbup:
I guess that would bring this kind of trolling to an end, once and for all.

Edited by Tsuriiiiii

7 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

It's simple, since Battle is the option with the risk of failure, if someone is left alone after the 10s countdown, give him an additional 5s to decide whether to stay or go. People that chose Leave will evac as usual.

Edit: No idea why this is becoming common now, I recall these guys trying to trick me into continuing after landing a Nidus piece.

Nice improvision. 

I met a player who said play warframe is want to get out of real life problem but always troll people in the game. Perhaps most of these trolls are the same, they want to escape real life problem by making fun of other players, thinking that is fun (to themselves) but actually they now are the same as those who caused them misery in real life.

I'd implement something like this: 

1. If you're the last person left (everyone bails but you, or you get trolled), the game waits for up to a minute to repopulate the team before continuing the mission. Show a countdown and say "searching for players." 

2. If after that minute passes and they can't find anyone to bring in, give the player a 5-second or 10-second "You are all alone. Do you wish to fight, or extract now?" Perhaps the extraction could cost something - affinity, credits, whatever - but it gives the trolled player a last-minute bailout option so they can keep at least some of what they gained.

Now, this issue primarily pops up in public groups, and with pubs, you pretty much pays your money and takes your chances. However, I think it would be a nice gesture on the developer's part to come up with a way to reduce the odds that you'll be trapped into a mission failure situation. Edit: or even an 'emergency extraction' consumable would work. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Edit: or even an 'emergency extraction' consumable would work. 

Hmm... that could be a good idea. Like an extraction point is available after the game detects suddenly left 1 player, so go stay at the extraction for a X-mount of seconds will be extracted.

So if got trolled, just go to the extraction point and extract.

This 'x-amount of seconds auto-extract' can be implemented into survival or excavation too!

Yes! Good Idea indeed! lol

"incoming trolls coming to oppose"

Edited by kyori