Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Equinox?

mosaickle

Question

16 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Atylia said:

First and most importantly, is Equinox a he or a she?

Secondly, how good is he/she/it?

Thirdly, how difficult is he/she and what does he/she excel in in terms of role?

She

She's meh in my opinion I don't like her since she's not my play style but she is pretty good

Her mechanics aren't that hard it's just building up your 4th for the damage (day form) or healing (night form). She can heal,damage, CC, I want to say one power for increasing the damage enemies take although it is single target. She's a jack of all trades so she fits that roles pretty well.

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

She is a she in both forms, day is just more masculine.

She is good at both offense and defense but her offense is slightly better since her 4 in night form is kinda useless on account of keeping the same stacking mechanism as day. Which is dealing damage... however it loses its damage over time aura... which should really get replaced by a healing over time one in night form. 

One of the few frames who has all useful abilities.

Edited by maj.death

6 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Female

6 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Day form is pretty good, Night form is pretty "meh" unless you're using covert lethality in which case Night form is pretty good too.

7 minutes ago, Atylia said:

Thirdly, how difficult is he/she and what does he/she excel in in terms of role?

As far as difficulty most of her powers are activate and forget so she's fairly easy to play as long as you mod her right.

Dayform has good CC with maim and can nuke maps of low level enemies, also increases ally power strength so she's a good buffer, maim also copys ally damage so you're basically the highest DPS in the group if you know what you're doing.

Night form is really only good for rest + Covert lethality, the damage reduction she has is good but it costs a lot of energy to take a hit so it's not great and Mend is basically 10k HP wasted per activation because nobody has 10k HP, can also be pretty good for CC if you spam rest.

11 minutes ago, Atylia said:

1st, Equinox is she

2nd Equinox is amazing in right hands

3rd Equinox has very high skill ceiling. And it highly depends how you play her in order what role she excels in.

equinox is female

she can be neither low-level clearer with an seasonal powerful burst (Maim), while boosting power strenght (Provoke) or an support that can heal teammates and rescue targets (Mend), can put some enemies into finisher state (Rest) and an godlike crippler, if you manage to build it up its slow (Pacify with Peaceful Provocation)

her difficult to play is associated with your preferences to change forms, since you need to adapt to the situation, so, its an bit hard, since you need to preemptively see what's the team needs in the heat of the battle, especially if you are using Peaceful Provocation, because the extra amount of slow/power strenght and heal/damage stored from Pacify&Provoke and Mend&Maim are lost if you change her form or start to bleeding out

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

7 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

she can be neither low-level clearer with an seasonal powerful burst (Maim), while boosting power strenght (Provoke) or an support that can heal teammates and rescue targets (Mend), can put some enemies into finisher state (Rest) and an godlike crippler, if you manage to build it up its slow (Pacify with Peaceful Provocation)

Finally someone mentioned Peacful Provacation, I was about to post about it, and how it makes night form crazy strong.

as someone who has her at first loadout ... 

lets do a break down of concept and use

equinox is in both forms ... female 

that done lets look at her kit and augments 

Day 

day form is her offensive state 

using 2 speeds up enemies and weakens them to damage  , using 3 amps power strength , using 4 deal slash on re-cast its a nuke , damage of this remains constant even if power is amped or lessened 

Night

defensive/support form 

2nd power casts enemies into a sleep state open to finishers similar to ivaras 1st power 

3rd debuffs damage of enemies within its range 

4th heals and grants basic shields based on amount retained of slain enemies in aoe 

AUgments and play style

spiderweb equinox : focus on its 2nd power augment spreads rage/rest to nearby targets [like saryns spore] 

duality: using 1st power augemtn use an AOE type ability as specter is not best at aiming.... simulor works well

damage of spectar is 300% amped combine simulor stacks of yours and spectars to further amp your damage once spectar leaves use their orb stack to further keep the 300% buff

peaceful provocation : more common used augment , power strength buffs this augment past what it states on mod

with this you can effectively buff damage on day greater then 60% on night it has a slow effect (similar to nova) ive gotten to 70% or greater based on strength builds 

now with all this lets not forget her synergy with companions , changing forms between day /night if you equip shield mod to companion grants over shields to them , yes you can spam and scale this very high 

now with that said lets talk tactics 

most stick to day or night 

i personaly switch 

the 3rd powers augment rewards prolonged use though ...

depending on situation i will alter states, but casting nights 2 then cast days 4 will further drop enemies to ground prolong the CC effect and do ground and normal finisher buff in terms of damage 

equinox is squishy, so stay mobile, keep moving and stay on the the run, do not stop, but remain active, when you stop thats when your open to damage 

1 hour ago, Atylia said:

1) Equinox is female.

2) She can be very fun to play and with the right build (of which there are actually quite a few) can be really good.

3) Generally she will take a few forma and depending upon the build an augment mode to make good.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

equinox is transgender lel 

I won't lie: the moment I saw people saying Equinox is female, the first thing that went through my head was "Did you just assume my gender identity? #triggered". My understanding is that DE has officially stated that Equinox is female, and I'm not disputing that or anything; it's just the first thing that popped into my head, and it made me smile. I'm weird sometimes.

I can offer you alternative and somewhat unpopular version of equinox gender thesis;

Equinox is she in night form and he in day form. Duality was the base idea of the character (heal-harm, day-night, light-dark, male-female) and her day aspect obviously has male physique. However somewhere along the developing process DE has become (rightfully so, unfortunately and in nowadays) concerned about possible negative connotations of that gender "controversy" (just imagine them try to explain to radical feminist bloggers of why is night form "weaker" : ) so they went to idea of female /masculine female. Obviously people accepted that idea and now she is considered a female which is dumb and unnecessarily convoluted (is healing less valuable then dealing damage??) but whatever. 

About your question, equinox has few useful builds;

Day maimer, essentially this is one of most effective nuker in game but has one major condition - it depends of team damage - if you have competent team that deals lot of damage to enemies you will double that damage on top, but you must wait till your aura pick up enough damage and then release it. So this build can be totally brutal but if you'r team is noobish or downed, suddenly you run out of "ammo" - many ppl either dislike this conditional mechanics or just don't know to use this properly. 

Night "sleep" build. This is high AoE (in fact all equinox builds have highest AoE possible) which uses night form 2 and syndicate mod to put enemy groups in contagious slumber - whenever target is slain all nearby enemies get cc-ed /sleepy again. You can combine this with covert lethality dagger for infinite scalability. This build works against Juggernaut too and possible more unique enemies. This is powerful and useful cc build that doesn't get enough praise, and yes you technically can use mixed build but it won't be as effective as pureblood build. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

Equinox is a pretty sick frame,

Good cc and EXCELLENT DMG(even if ur team isn't the most competent just throw on telos boltace, solves all ur problems)

but then needs to be played properly,in the unexperienced player's hands it might be hard to use her abillities to the max.

BUT if equinox is played correctly and is able to switch between night and day efficiently to sleep to keep urself alive in frisky situations.

She can take on a LOT of things.

With a team of corrosive projections, even high armored enemies get destroyed by maim.

So all in all shes great