Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Euphona Prime is alt fire done wrong.

Senguash

6 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

s invasive and punishing, especially going by how status/crit builds are either all or nothing. While this does go by the spirit of what modding is, it's not what alt fire is supposed to be.

Exactly, it's complementary. If you choose a crit based primary, you go with a status build Euphona, and vice versa. This is what complementary means ,not having both at the same time. 

Even a hybrid build destroys enemies easily at lvl 80, there's no need to be so dramatic.

Edited by aligatorno

10 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Exactly, it's complementary. If you choose a crit based primary, you go with a status build Euphona, and vice versa. This is what complementary means ,not having both at the same time. 

Even a hybrid build destroys enemies easily at lvl 80, there's no need to be so dramatic.

Complimentary breadsticks doesn't mean I don't get my spaghetti. Food analogies engage!

Yeah I'd need to get my hands on it to see how it works before settling on conclusions, but still the paper stats.

People can't tell the differences between overpowered and fun/convenience.

Just because we now have two viable weapons in one doesn't make it overpowered. Even better, if both of them are overpowered, they are already overpowered, and allowing two of them to be used at the same time will not make it any more powerful, but just allow an overpower weapon to at least be fun. 

What is the point for a weapon to have two modes when players can choose one?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Complimentary breadsticks doesn't mean I don't get my spaghetti. Food analogies engage!

Yeah I'd need to get my hands on it to see how it works before settling on conclusions, but still the paper stats.

It works quite well for me as someone who leans on their secondary a bit more than their primary typically.

I built for corrosive/blast with enhanced crit chance and half of my elemental mods being dual stat elemental/status.

I am happy with the performance regardless of range at this point.

I can cut mobs down at range and if they do manage to get close—they get mulched. Tested up to lvl 120.

It's not better than a primary or better than all secondaries... It is very good though.

Which is about where it should be imo. 

My only wishes:

I wish it was innately silent... Fair trade for the pistol shots having flight speed and drop.

I wouldn't mind hearing some shell tinkle like I do with my V. Marelock.

11 hours ago, Azlen said:

This is kind of how anything adaptable is.... want massive range? You won't have as much strength. Want max duration? Your range will hurt. It's why builds exist and why we have tradeoffs. You don't get everything you want 'just cuz i want eeet'

But this is not a warframe, this is a weapon. If that is the case, what is the differences between this and switching to another weapon?

13 hours ago, Seinerweisen said:

I personaly will build for the shotgun. 4x 60% elementals+Lethal Torrent+Barrel Diffusiont+Hornet Strike+ Primed Pistol Gambit. Base Crit multiplier of 2.5 aint nothin to sneeze at imo... better than a multiplier of 2x... or 1.5x. The choice is yours.  

That's pretty much the build I have in mind for it, only I'll trade out Lethal Torrent with Primed Target Cracker and bam. Not bad at all.

1 minute ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

That's pretty much the build I have in mind for it, only I'll trade out Lethal Torrent with Primed Target Cracker and bam. Not bad at all.

This. I'm doing just fine with removing Lethal Torrent, and just building for Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker, and all 4 of the dual stat mods. The weapon starts off with 3 Madurai polarities, so this setup exactly fills up 60/60 mod capacity points at rank 30.

Sure, it removes a required mod (Lethal Torrent) but there will always be a compromise somewhere. Like removing multishot mods for certain explosive weapons for the form factor.

5 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

alternate fire is toggle-able in mission. i.e. the alternate fire is meant to be used in mission. so the OP is right.

Have you used it yet? Because I have. And unless DE has pushed a sneak-hotfix, there is no toggle:

9 hours ago, HolidayPi3 said:

TBH the only thing that irks me about it is that alt fire / primary fire aren't different "modes." Your primary fire is always a slug. So if you mod for status, you're gonna have to hit alt fire for every shot. Pretty uncomfortable.

And I agree, that is a pretty bad implementation of fire modes compared to Zarr and Stradavar.

6 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

2 primed crit mods, 2 dual status mod, hornet strike, both multishots + a mod of your choice

did u even think u could do this OP?

Husshh. You'll scare away all of the min-maxers

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

not everything needs to be minmaxed (somebody explain what da hek min maxing is?)

Getting the most out of something while sacrificing unnecessary stats. In this situation, building only for Status or only for crit.

Edited by aligatorno

6 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

not everything needs to be minmaxed (somebody explain what da hek min maxing is?)

min-maxing means squeezing 100% potential out of a certain piece of gear. They worship efficiency and can't see cases like euphonia's fire modes stats without intense eye bleed, mostly because they have to make a decision between modding options.

Edited by Teloch

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

in english? ooh let me guess :D

it's not having fun

Not necessarily, it's just about focusing on one specific thing. In this situation, min maxing  Euphona would mean building only for crit, or building only for status. 

Euphona is a really well done weapon, a hybrid build is more than usable without any warframe buffs. It was destroying lvl 80 enemies without much effort. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Not necessarily, it's just about focusing on one specific thing. In this situation, min maxing  Euphona would mean building only for crit, or building only for status. 

yeeeah that sounds pretty dull :|

27 minutes ago, Teloch said:

min-maxing means squeezing 100% potential out of a certain piece of gear. They worship efficiency and can't see cases like euphonia's fire modes stats without intense eye bleed, mostly because they have to make a decision between modding options.

Which is essentially why this thread exists, they want to min-max both fire modes separately.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

Which is essentially why this thread exists, they want to min-max both fire modes separately.

but isn't min maxing euphona prime essentially just adding 2 crit and 2 status mods for both firemodes? :|

2 hours ago, --DSP-- said:

But this is not a warframe, this is a weapon. If that is the case, what is the differences between this and switching to another weapon?

It doesn't matter that it's a weapon and not a Warframe. Since when do people complain about having to build for 1 aspect of a weapon in favor of another? Last I checked there are plenty of weapons that are both crit and status viable. Do people complain that they have to pick a build there? No, they don't.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

Have you used it yet? Because I have. And unless DE has pushed a sneak-hotfix, there is no toggle:

And I agree, that is a pretty bad implementation of fire modes compared to Zarr and Stradavar.

By toggle able i mean that its used/activated/whatever in mission

Edited by Ragingwasabi

1 hour ago, Ragingwasabi said:

By toggle able i mean that its used/activated/whatever in mission

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Having a toggle, at least to me, means that you can switch between the different fire modes. Like Stradavar does, like Zarr does. Euphona, however, has its single-shot mapped to the Fire button and it's shotgun mapped to the alt-fire button. Which is highly impractical if you want it as the shotgun pistol it's advertised as.

18 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

Having a toggle, at least to me, means that you can switch between the different fire modes. Like Stradavar does, like Zarr does. Euphona, however, has its single-shot mapped to the Fire button and it's shotgun mapped to the alt-fire button. Which is highly impractical if you want it as the shotgun pistol it's advertised as.

Mate can u try understand what im saying.

Toggled/Used/activated/whatever (different weapons have different mechanics christ sake) theyre all mapped to the alternate fire button which u press at will in the mission. 

My point is alternate fire is used IN MISSION. A gun with 2 modes regardless of its mechanic should have similar stats so building for one mode will cater for the other, other wise theres no need to give the gun alternate fire that can be changed in mission.

Edited by Ragingwasabi