Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

I don't think there really is a way to track that

dont by us, maybe the forum mannager can tell which post have the most likes , by some kinda of analytic tool at their disposal or is done manually which is really funny having to go from each page taking note, correct me if im wrong wasnt DE megan taking the most popular till that date in a word file? just look at prime time from last week

grineer_by_warhause-db29y5q.jpgFaction: Grineer

Weapon Grip: Fists

Weapon Name: Siege Breaker

Description: Given only to the most fanatic of Grineer maniacs to use to ferret out and destroy "insubordinate" Grineer .

This is a fist based weapon that implements the shield and thrown aspects of other weapons it does primarily puncture damage along with moderate impact and slight slashing damages. its blunt edges around the gauntlet extend when blocking and the main blade extends when attacking, the charge attack fires the when the weapon is swung it a backhanded way firing the studs in the back of the gauntlet causing small acidic capsules to impact on the target.

Edited by KrimmsonHammer
added picture/spelling mistakes fixed.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

dont by us, maybe the forum mannager can tell which post have the most likes , by some kinda of analytic tool at their disposal or is done manually which is really funny having to go from each page taking note, correct me if im wrong wasnt DE megan taking the most popular till that date in a word file? just look at prime time from last week

Is the contest won by votes though? Because earlier submissions are going to have a much greater advantage that way, which isn't entirely fair to those who may spend the month working on their concepts. 

(I don't know if I'm writing this like a response or what, the forum system is confusing to me.)

Edited by peppermintneko
Extra Notes

13 minutes ago, peppermintneko said:

Is the contest won by votes though? Because earlier submissions are going to have a much greater advantage that way, which isn't entirely fair to those who may spend the month working on their concepts. 

(I don't know if I'm writing this like a response or what, the forum system is confusing to me.)

i think lol, maybe  then again i use the list put in prime time to say that not necessary, as an example a popular post might not fit within the rules or what they are looking, so im incline to say that they actually look into the post and judge by content, but is speculation im guessing.

The 1st post says:

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02

The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug.

I'm kinda hoping it means Lucas Hug's "favourite submissions" and not just "favourite submissions" in general? Because otherwise, as peppermintneko said, anyone submitting late doesn't stand much of a chance. 

Edited by Nagitana

2 hours ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Here's my idea.

The image should explain enough

9494MNq.jpg

Basically the Alt fire turns this awesome nikana hybrid into a gun that shoots a sword....HOW IS THAT NOT THE COOLEST THING EVER.

I want to add an image of how it's being held but just imagine it being in the nikana grip with blind justice equipped.

Sword or dagger? I'm loving the idea of a substantial dagger + ballistic knife for Ash.

name : Phanterris.

faction : Infested.

weapon type : Long scythe ( it's the normal scythe attack movement, it's just slower and has more power ).

history : Forged from hatred and pain, this scythe has become a life-eater, wanting to have revenge of all those who have allowed him to mutate without sympathy or pity. Take this tenno, it is hungry and you are the only one who can satisfy it.

recoup : After defeating lephentis, you can recover these weapon parts in the final loot (blueprint,blade,handle,ornament).

description : it's a lephentis scythe, it has normal scythe attack movement, it's just slower and has more power and range .After x3 combo the scythe evolves to be able to deal more damage ( as a Nidus ).

683521imagefinal.png

280343imagefinal2.png

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A Swordwhip/Whipsword. I always liked the Dark Split-Sword system where the weapon changes with the stance, but then nothing else was added like that. It works pretty much like the Dark Split-Sword, you use a longsword stance for the sword mode and a whip stance for the whip mode. I based it on these ceremonial 7-edge swords.

FZFhqFk.jpg

6 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A Swordwhip/Whipsword. I always liked the Dark Split-Sword system where the weapon changes with the stance, but then nothing else was added like that. It works pretty much like the Dark Split-Sword, you use a longsword stance for the sword mode and a whip stance for the whip mode. I based it on these ceremonial 7-edge swords.

FZFhqFk.jpg

I'd buy that.  I could also see it doing Slash/magnetic damage as a blade (being held together by magnetic energy) and slash/other damage type as a whip as it's core is exposed...

I'd like to see a Grineer weapon "chain with cement block on the end" like Azog had at the end of the Hobbit movies, or like the dude the Hulk fought at the end when the guy drank all the hulk-potion. It can't be stiff handled, but flexible like a whip, and have spikes in the cement block.

Yx9D316.gif

Grip: Heavy blade
Faction: Grineer
Brief description: "GRAG", a never completed experiment of the grineer laboratories, is an extendable heavy blade that uses an old void key as energy source
(e.g. for less channeling cost / higher channeling damage).

Only strong Tenno can handle this enormous weapon.

wfmeleedesign_by_flixandisi-db2aezy.png

1 hour ago, SPACEFLIX said:

Grip: Heavy blade
Faction: Grineer
Brief description: "GRAG", a never completed experiment of the grineer laboratories, is an extendable heavy blade that uses an old void key as energy source
(e.g. for less channeling cost / higher channeling damage).

Only strong Tenno can handle this enormous weapon.

wfmeleedesign_by_flixandisi-db2aezy.png

Well, this gives new meaning to 'sword and board'.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

They don't necessarily go by most popular I think, or else submissions done near the end deadline won't get a chance at all. Furthermore, posts in the first 10 pages will almost always be more popular, since it's the first ones people may come across. Going by upvotes is simply unfair for most submissions in a cluttered topic.

I think that DE will select and choose base on their own criteria, before bringing them to the Design Council, where real voting starts (probably with a poll).

Edited by Casardis

1 minute ago, Casardis said:

They don't necessarily go by most popular I think, or else submissions done near the end deadline won't get a chance at all. Furthermore, posts in the first 10 pages will almost always be more popular, since it's the first ones people may come across. Going by upvotes is simply unfair for most submissions in a cluttered topic.

I think that DE will select and choose base on their own criteria, before bringing them to the Design Council, where real voting starts (probably with a poll).

What he/she said

I have a question regarding what grip type actually means. Does it just mean it uses an existing stance? For example would I be allowed to submit a sword&shield that works just the same as other sword and shields except your charge attack throws the shield like a glaive. I'm just wondering how creative I can get or if I need to keep to pretty much just an alternate skin for a weapon.

19 minutes ago, lemonzap said:

I have a question regarding what grip type actually means. Does it just mean it uses an existing stance? For example would I be allowed to submit a sword&shield that works just the same as other sword and shields except your charge attack throws the shield like a glaive. I'm just wondering how creative I can get or if I need to keep to pretty much just an alternate skin for a weapon.

I really hope that we can add some new (but after all already in game ) cool mechanics to our weapons instead of just submitting a draw with a design that we like, otherwise that wouldn't be so much different from a simple skin.

Edited by (PS4)Lord_C_AlucarD