Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Nagun, a Tenno weapon.

Its like the Nikana in the following aspect: it remembers old arms of the Earth. It is a sharp and fast polearm, which obviously has as its main cutting attribute, and perforation, to a lesser extent. It has interesting critical hit rates, and status.

Jtz0jhi.jpg7Rwffog.jpg

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Horizon Ultima said:

Weapon name: Jat Voktul
Faction: Grineer
Type: Fists
Description: These jet powered gauntlets allow grineer workers to bend scrap metal into shape, though like most grineer tools these see frequent use in combat.

More info: Jat Voktul has a special twist, kind of like a combo multiplier, the more you hit with this weapon, status chance increases and the weapon progressively gets faster and faster, the jets on it flare up more and more, growing brighter and hotter as you swing. (Now it's up do DE to decide the stats, such as status chance cap? Or weapon attack speed cap multiplier? Because they are smart, and I am not)

similar to Jat kittag, Jat Voktul's jets flare up when performing charge attacks or certain combos and ground slams.

I drew inspiration from looking in my arsenal and seeing Jat kittag, I'm like "hey, we have chainsaw claws....what about jet powered fists?", then I thought, we'll we have plenty of weapons, what about an industrial tool used as a make shift weapon, and so I thought, what would grineer use in scrap yards? and here it is...

I can't draw, so I leave that to DE and imagination, but imagine a jagged spiked end, with jets coming out the back of the weapons, similar to Jat kittag, that being said, I will apologize for the lack of pictures, as I can create cool concepts, but I can't simply draw them.

Even if it doesn't win, here's something you can have fun with! Food for thought. Thanks!

That sounds really awesome, I love my rocket hammer, art or no art this is a good idea

Strike fear into your enemies with the Bonkrut, a puncture-based staff. There is an alternative slash-based design for the Bonkrut as well, as seen here:

lvdlPbO.jpg

Due to disagreements between those who I brainstorm concepts with and I, I've decided to scrap my original submission.

Spoiler

Hunt your prey with the Tamabuki, a Tenno throwing weapon based on the Bola, utilizing the Bladewhip stance.

For some background, a Bola is a type of throwing weapon consisting of multiple weights tied together. It typically isn't used to kill; it's used to capture wild animals. However, it has been known that the Mapuche and the Inca Army were known to use the Bola as a type of weapon.

Spoiler

Bola_(PSF).jpg

The Tamabuki works like this: Using your melee button will cause the player to hit any nearby enemies. Holding melee will cause the player to throw the Tamabuki at a targeted enemy. Incapacitating the enemy, it will allow you and your squad to senselessly beat the life out of them.

SwBpy0z.png

EDIT: WIP Design. Please note that the length between the right handle and the left handle is not absolute; it was shortened to keep the concept drawing compact. The ropes themselves are decorated with energy, giving an interesting look to them.

xbqfGYe.png

Please bear with me, as the actual design is very work-in-progress, and I wanted to post my general idea first before the finished design. I'll have a more completed design soon.

Edited by MissMarifire
Posted new submission

Just now, MissMarifire said:

Hunt your prey with the Tamabuki, a Tenno throwing weapon based on the Bola, utilizing either Bladewhip, Whip, or Glaive stances.

For some background, a Bola is a type of throwing weapon consisting of multiple weights, typically rocks, tied together. It's use typically isn't to kill; it's used to incapacitate and capture wild animals. However, it has been known that the Mapuche and the Inca Army were known to use the Bola as a type of weapon.

Reveal hidden contents

Bola_(PSF).jpg

The inspiration I've taken is from a couple of concept weaponry that are also Bolas; one unnamed, meant to be a Kiipooyaq Bola meant to pair with the Warframe concept Nerrivik, and the Bolark, a Grineer Bola used by the Nightwatch to capture targets that the Twin Queens wanted kept alive. I wanted to make a weapon based on the Bola simply for the fact that it could be made into an interesting utility weapon.

uIPUSsT.png

The Tamabuki works like this: Using your melee button will cause the player to hit any nearby enemies. Holding melee will cause the player to throw the Tamabuki at a targeted enemy. This will incapacitate the enemy, allowing you and your fellow Tenno to senselessly beat the ever-loving life out of them until they die. Perhaps, if need be, it could be designed more like this, and the player could also have a backup Bola to allow themselves to still have a melee while they have already thrown the other one.

Reveal hidden contents

bolas-native-american.jpg

Please bear with me, as the actual design is very work-in-progress, and I wanted to post my general idea first before the finished design. I'll have a more completed design soon.

looks great :D 

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/775885842023363869/ 

Faction: Tenno 

weapon style a Nikana, the primary strike matches the regular Nikana but equipping this weapon uses the fancy and stylish Gunblade or High noon stance, the weapon would be held at the hip like the normal Nikana as well.

Design - the weapon is about as large as the Nikana but both the rifle and sword parts of the weapon work well for the flips in high noon and one handed firing

(first post on here) so i decided to create something called the saber. basically i want it to be the lightsaber sword of warfame with electrical damage focused on slash and puncture i guess, im not sure which one would be better for it but its from the corpus faction. i drew it myself too. (i hope i linked it right since this is my first time on here lol) https://imgur.com/a/SkkZs

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Gamin said:

(first post on here) so i decided to create something called the saber. basically i want it to be the lightsaber sword of warfame with electrical damage focused on slash and puncture i guess, im not sure which one would be better for it but its from the corpus faction. i drew it myself too. (i hope i linked it right since this is my first time on here lol) https://imgur.com/a/SkkZs

interesting idea 

Silva and Aegis don't say who they were designed by in game, even tennogen skins give credit to the designer will you at least say in game that it was player designed or just stuff it in with all your other weapons unlabeled like you did for Silva and Aegis?  If you aren't going to create your own content the very least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Personally I think you should also go in and give credit to SilverBones for his work in addition to labeling the next player created item as such because what you did with Silva and Aegis is incredibly tacky IMO.  I'm fairly sure whoever creates the winning weapon is going to want their name in the credits somewhere.

Just now, magecow_go_moo said:

Silva and Aegis don't say who they were designed by in game, even tennogen skins give credit to the designer will you at least say in game that it was player designed or just stuff it in with all your other weapons unlabeled like you did for Silva and Aegis?  If you aren't going to create your own content the very least you could do is give credit where credit is due. Personally I think you should also go in and give credit to SilverBones for his work in addition to labeling the next player created item as such because what you did with Silva and Aegis is incredibly tacky IMO.  I'm fairly sure whoever creates the winning weapon is going to want their name in the credits somewhere.

Ditto 

Faction: Warframe (not tenoo. you'll see why)

Brief Description: This was used when the Tenno (in their Warframes) were caught off guard and had to create a makeshift melee weapon from scraps found lying on the ground (or on each other).

Tapping [melee key] would use the stance of the machete and the charge attack would be a two handed over head swing.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, kingwobbler said:

Faction: Warframe (not tenoo. you'll see why)

Brief Description: This was used when the Tenno (in their Warframes) were caught off guard and had to create a makeshift melee weapon from scraps found lying on the ground (or on each other).

Tapping [melee key] would use the stance of the machete and the charge attack would be a two handed over head swing.

Hide contents

Hide contents

please let this win 

38 minutes ago, PixellatedllamaNitro said:

I didnt make it but i would like if it were in the gamex4zJErE.png

Is it bad that the style reminds me of Madness Combat?

Edited by Zahnny
mistake on my part

8 minutes ago, magecow_go_moo said:

well like with the mios we all know redskittles did it 

Image result for mios warframe

because i like gunblades, i'd like to add another one in the game, but with an unique feature.

hereby i introduce:

the Eges

faction: grineer

grip: gunblade

description: a gunblade that when using normal melee attacks it shoots out gas projectiles that fly out and stop at about 20-25 meters (increases with range mods) from when they were fired. the charge attack fires a relatively fast ball of fire that, when it comes into contact with the gas clouds, it detonates it and deals high blast damage. it can also create a chain reaction if multiple gas clouds are present

image: i don't know how to upload images in this post but here is the geegle drive image link for my earliest concept. (i know it's ugly but it's the idea that counts right?)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48WZwK_iyAxMWF1LUlaaGoxTlk/view?usp=sharing

Edited by yannickegges

10 minutes ago, magecow_go_moo said:

>Silva

>SilverBones

>"no credit"

ok

Spoiler

My idea is for a heavy sword so it would require a heavy blade stance. What it's called is the blade of sand. The story behind it is that it was an ancient weapon that was found some time after inaros was. It would have the same block animation as other heavy swords(Galatine, War, Etc.) I have an image drawn but it's not the best the fact being that I drew it in about 25 or so minutes it's not exactly what I imaged but what it would be is a large silver blade with a sand colored aura surrounding the blade and has a black handle. The aura could also be replaced with sand itself but that's my description of what I had in mind. 

Edited by (XB1)Falray The Fox
Adding and image

Im not an artist, heres my idea in words. Red Veil Heavy blade flame whip, like the Silva & Aegis blade texture being flames, but the shape being the spine of a skeletal structure, and the top of the blade having a scythe. At the top of the handle the first two fingers being brass knuckle shape, the flame blade emerges as drawn. The stance polarity being Vazarin, so cleaving whirlwind or tempo royal would be your best friend. This spring like weapon retracts after each swing. Its special ability is % chance disarming enemy stacking with combo multiplier. Idea based from onimusha 3 demon siege, the Enja sword. Weapon draws over left shoulder. Far past 100 words ha ha.