Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Name: Apofasi
Faction: Orokin
Type: Rapier
Description: "A long forgotten Ceremonial Rapier connecting Judgement and Decisiveness. It retains a razor sharp edge and point giving a high slash, a strong puncture thrust but no impact. The texture of the blade does generate a static electric discharge which can build over time attacking one target in a blast or when attacking a group discharges to nearby enemies."

Being of Orokin decent there is a rare Primed version (as in image - gold inlays would otherwise be gunmetal grey) with an increase of stats across the board barring impact and crit multiplier in comparison to it's standard form - if no prime possible - image shows standard. 

Trivia: A broad single edged rapier, a Apofasi's heft balances what would be a superior blade in speed to an average of 1.05 in favour of high slash and sturdy puncture. Due to it's innate electrical discharge over a group or blast on single targets - additional status mods effecting proc % has reduced effect though elemental mods effect the relevant effect strength as usual (Heat/Cold for Blast & Electricity for Discharge). The convex to concave curve in the blade enhances cutting power generating a larger than average crit multiplier.

Suggested
Speed 1.05
Status 25 or 30% (with reduced effectiveness of status increase mods)
Crit 20%
Multiplier x2.5

udjLXUb.jpg

Edited by JlocksJedi
updated image

Twin "Thunkana"- The remains of a modified grakata that grineer grunts foolishly tried to make fire explosive rounds. It failed.... horribly. When the grunts attempted to fire it at Clem, they exploded, killing their wielders instantly. With a laugh and a grin, Clem picked them up and proceeded to bash the heads in of the remaining grineer.

Bear with me, I am a terrible artist and had a hard time putting to paper the image in my head, but what I drew should be good enough to convey it for the devs to tweak it.

There will be jagged edges all over the front of the weapon from the weapon exploding. It would be mostly impact damage with some slash and very minor puncture damage from the saw-like edges. It will be using the tonfa grip and the areas on the weapon that were once yellow, are now a dingy blackish-brown yellow.

NOTE: I apologize if this ends up breaking the rules somehow because it is too closely related to the grakata/twin grakata, but I(and numerous others) thought it would be fun to see an entire grakata loadout so I figured I would whip up a grakata melee for the fun of it.

CdURBtq.jpg

Edited by noctemdracone
Typos

Weapon: Galle-nax or Galleonax

Faction: Grineer

Grip type: Heavy blade/axe (scindo, zenistar, ..)

This is a crudely sharpened scrap of Grineer galleon hull plating made by disgruntled Ceres shipyard workers who were unhappy with working conditions and decided to rebel. Although primitive in nature it has proved very effective against even bombards and heavy gunners through brute force alone. 

Slow moving high damage charge attack always crit but takes slightly longer to charge than other weapons (maybe?) somewhere in between scindo and galatine size wise. p.s. the thing to the left is a front profile of the blade single bevel. also has great defensive capabilities.

Edited by Ulquiorra313
picture did not show up

Daiki

Faction: Tenno

Grip Type: Scythe

Brief Description: A Scythe made when an ancient Tenno blade was abandoned and a rare plant became attracted to the metal and grew around it. Much like Chroma, the vines of this plant take on the characteristics of different elements based on where they grow and imbue the effect into the blade. Desert: Fire, Glaciers: Cold, Polluted Land: Viral, etc. Titania and Oberon safeguard the plant's growth. 

Daiki%20001_zpsbbw3ks4b.jpg

Strife

Faction - Sentient

Grip - Scythes

Description - "A Deadly Scythe, fast and devastating, it's energy blades cut through all - Tenno, you may have mastered War, but can you master Strife?"

Speciality - 'Sentient Adaptability' - whatever element is equipped to Strife, your Warframe gains immunity to.

tumblr_omb5027scw1uax4kso1_1280.png

Edited by FlawedLegacy

Proposing another hammer Considering none of them really compare to the Jat Kittag in pure crazy funnessssss. 

Jafnaor--- (justice in norse)(play on mjulnir)

TENNO RESEARCH

1.)  AOE crazy hammer with 10 meter radius slam hits. Does electric damage mainly with the slam causing electrifying stagger on enemies in the radius. (Cool lightning strike effect on slam)

2.) On charged melee, tosses hammer damaging enemies in path. Then attaches to surface on impact for 5 seconds.

3.) Enemies will try and pick up hammer but can't.

4.) After 5 seconds hammer will fly back to wielder.  

jafnaor

Edited by (PS4)TheDummieDiego

Spoiler

6tfvpg.jpg

(Picture in Spoiler ^)

Weapon name: Foratura

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Hammer/Mace

Description: A Morningstar type mace, the head of the weapon is attached to a strong material forming a rope, allowing the weapon to be swung at even greater range with faster speeds. The sharp spikes on the weapon allows it to deal a high percentage of slash and puncture damage. Stance: Crushing Ruin/Shattering Storm with a vazarin stance polarity.Compared to magistar it is faster (1.05 speed,) has higher Slash/Puncture damage, but lower impact, similar crit chance, and a higher status chance. Its reach/range is also much greater

Spoiler

Not sure how to get rid of this spoiler

Edited by Rogue_Striker

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)K9S25 said:

I agree, they should use the other half of the Broken War. I fact, I bleave the Stalker should drop the BP for: Broken War, Torn War, & War.

My concept includes using both halfs of Broken War as a dual sword melee. I'd call it "Split War" or "Devastation." (bad at spelling) It would fit the Stalker's arsinal with: Dread, Dispair, Hate, & War. Swap out war for Devastation, then the Stalker would have the 3ds of darkness.

You Dread to see him. His marks leave you in Dispair. And when he shows... he Devastates you.

Aren't Dread, Despair, Hate, and War the four horsemen of the apocalypse? I can't remember anymore.. Cool idea though.

I was intrigued to make a impact based gunblade,  that changed up the standard poof of bullets that the previous gunblades redeemer and sarpa have done, so i came up with this; 

The grineer Thudecha,  Bludgen and Explode you foes!   it utilizes the grineer seekers Latcher balls for munitions, when a combo or a charged attack fires the Thudecha it will lob a latcher ball which homes in on the nearest enemie unit, dealing damaged based off of the mods equipped.

[.img] warframe_melee__descendantshade_by_dbpr0 [/.img]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B538gBHyfNTKN3pMUV9kbGpmQ3M/view?usp=sharing

I would love to see something totally out of the ordinary. Twin Gram dual swords. The original heavy blade one never gets any love but how awesome would it be to dual weild 2 full sized ones? Slow attack speed of course but has momentum like Dual Kamas Prime, nice reach, and a whole lot of attack power. I can't provide art, but just picture 2 Grams dual weilded. I picked Gram only cause it is basically at the bottom of the heavy blade food chain and would be the only fair choice imo.

I don't even have to look through the thread to know this has been done before, but I found made this drawing, and would be a shame to waste it. Apologies for the quality, my camera is potatoed.

Faction: Grineer

Weapon type: Grakata

Brief Description: When grakata stop doing grakatakata, take grakata and hit things with grakata.

lbya1Tn.jpg

Edited by DrewHorrigan
Grakata

Sycrona

Faction: Tenno/Orokin

Brief description: The Sycrona is a new hybridweapon like the Dark splitsword. You can use it either as "sword and shield" or "blade and whip". 
If holstered the weapon only looks like a shield, but depending on the stance you will either draw a hidden sword from the left or the whip with a hook on it from the right of the shield. In both cases the shield would "shrink".

I'm not a very good artist so i cannot capture my image in a drawing so all i can do is explain it in words.

Faction - Infestation

Name - Mysis

Weapon Type - Claws (i.e Venka)

Brief Description - A set of infested claws with 2 blades each taking a design similar to the blade whip Mios. The gauntlets are covered in tentacle like appendages that crawl up the users arm. The blades have infested thorns protruding from the top that can easily puncture and enemies flesh or tear it apart from the inside.

Statistical Properties - 

• Primary slash
  • No impact
  • Ground slams have guaranteed gas proc
  • Charged attack kills leave a small gas cloud similar to the cloud the Pox has that does gas damage.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)So Si1ky said:

looks a little............... overpowered... keaurl...

Not far off from the atterax, really, which has been in the game for a long time, and still overpowers new additions like the venka prime. Dual swords barely exist anymore, with all the power players being handed to other categories. We just went through a whole season where every new addition was a great sword or a hammer

Warframe Melee

Viperidae Whip Blade

• Sword/ Whip stances can be used, similar to Dark Split sword.
  • Poison Damage.
  • Tenno Faction.
  • When a whip stance is installed the sword segments detach creating something like what is shown in the image. If a sword stance is installed it works just as a normal sword would do, the segments becoming one solid blade. The whip would cause more poison damage, with more range, the sword can deliver more slash damage with fast swings. Its based off of Vipers, which is why it should have fast attacks and the hilt has a scale like pattern on it.
Edited by (PS4)AlexiaWesker
Added more information

what about... this is just an idea or a concept but I was thinking like a melee sword or staffs which you can split into a dual mode and change back into one whenever you want. like I said this is just a concept where I guess u can try out with various different designs.

2 minutes ago, Godly4Hero said:

what about... this is just an idea or a concept but I was thinking like a melee sword or staffs which you can split into a dual mode and change back into one whenever you want. like I said this is just a concept where I guess u can try out with various different designs.

I was thinking about a transforming weapon too, but there is the problem with stances, as one can only equip one.

https://scontentdft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17103765_1688560457837364_8157345877617398212_n.Jpg?efg=eyJpljoidCJ9&oh=4ecb3787ef36c1f6ccbf49e654b07ac8&oe=592E283E

My idea is dual Thor style war hammers that deal impact damage maybe even have a built in electricity perk 

Fraction: Tenno

Grip: i guess like the Twin basolk i was thinking to use a dual pistols grip how they are held down to the sides but it wouldnt look right when they are brought up  

https://scontentdft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/V/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/16939185_1688560454504031_9088541699371426388_n.jpg?efg=eyJpljoidCJ9&oh=4cb8693bed8e3862b9d7fc4b9b0ce920&oe=5973AAFE

Name: Spada  

Fraction: Teno

Grip Type: Long Sword/Duel Swords

Description: This is a unique double bladed sword called Spada which means sword in Italian. This sword can change from a long sword into duel swords depending on what stance you put on it. Vengeful Revenant stance mod makes it a sword and Crossing snake stance mod makes it duel swords.

Here are the links to see my creation.

http://sta.sh/02gfqep0hegp pic1

http://sta.sh/01swew3r1j2e pic 2

Edited by (PS4)Vexx757