Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

being blackmail to pay 500$

xmafiax-roly

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you did something wrong DE has ways of knowing by reviewing the evidence. If you did not do anything wrong they will also know that. If you are innocent you literally have nothing to fear. Stop worrying about it. 

iv never long into his account , but iv traded item with him before

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you did something wrong DE has ways of knowing by reviewing the evidence. If you did not do anything wrong they will also know that. If you are innocent you literally have nothing to fear. Stop worrying about it. 

he gave his password to someone and they deleated his warframe and he wants to blame it on me

24 minutes ago, xmafiax-roly said:

thanks you all for your help I appreciate you concern and hope DE can see that I'm the victim and do the right thing about this situation.

Just so you know what your "friend" is doing is called Extortion and is illegal in most even partly developed countries.

His supposed confession from you would be ignored by most courts completely as it was done under duress and you could go to your local police and report him for the attempt blackmail and extortion. Most places do not look so kindly on that.

46 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Just so you know what your "friend" is doing is called Extortion and is illegal in most even partly developed countries.

His supposed confession from you would be ignored by most courts completely as it was done under duress and you could go to your local police and report him for the attempt blackmail and extortion. Most places do not look so kindly on that.

thank you  the support your support is appreacatied

3 hours ago, ChargeBeam said:

His "proof" has no grounds. What [DE] has in their systems is the only solid proof. All other data can be edited and/or mocked up.

Didn't matter when I got temp banned when someone sent in a fake screen shot, I have never used the word "Rekt" in my life to someone but supposedly I said it along with a bunch of racist/anti-semitic stuff.

10 hours ago, xmafiax-roly said:

so it is all his fault for not having his account safe ....since the terms and agreements say that

Depend ... if his account was enter from your Ip you most likely have a problem if DE investigate your ex friend version of the story . If you didnt do anything then you dont need to worry .

11 hours ago, xmafiax-roly said:

me and my friends are being threaten by a ex friend /saying that if me and my friend don't make payment plan of 500$ that he will get are accounts banned permanent banned that he has proof of us confessing to it when we had nothing to do with it ...he has audio of us saying it but we were joking and were not actually apart of it and we were now scared and trying to reason with them and terrified of us being banned , witch made us confess to a crime we did not commit and try to get money out of us . he is accusing us of going into his account and selling his warfare and items out of his inventory and turning them into in game currency , not selling them to other players for platinum as far as i know he has the credits and is planning to use us to get money and he has 3 accounts. the items sold ,were not traded they were sold in the inventory system and credits were in there account ,former friends a threatening to get my war frame account banned and have audio of me confessing to something i did not do and are wanting to send it to DE if i dont pay for 500$ of stuff sold on his account buy someone else and that i was to blame , im a 3 year member of warframe and am being threatens my account and i am being made the fall guy ... they want me and my friend to make a payment plan to give them 500$ or my account will be banned.

Dont worry about it. He wont get it. 

I suppose DE have information about the accounts activity and if that guy says you did "that thing" DE will check the activity. If he is lying then you dont have to worry about.

11 hours ago, xmafiax-roly said:

I have recording of him saying I need to pay him 500$ or I will get banned permenatly ...

dont be scare... only DE can perform such act.... and on u place i would report him send ticket to support... never be afraid of anyone what someone can do u can do same...if is someone good be good if someone  bad return with bad

No problemo, DE specifically states that you are not accountable for any damage that may have been caused by anyone to anyone else's account, especially if they didn't report it straight away. 

P.S- You might wanna get in touch with the appropriate people/authorities if he's trying to blackmail you for money.

12 hours ago, xmafiax-roly said:

me and my friends are being threaten by a ex friend /saying that if me and my friend don't make payment plan of 500$ that he will get are accounts banned permanent banned that he has proof of us confessing to it when we had nothing to do with it ...he has audio of us saying it but we were joking and were not actually apart of it and we were now scared and trying to reason with them and terrified of us being banned , witch made us confess to a crime we did not commit and try to get money out of us . he is accusing us of going into his account and selling his warfare and items out of his inventory and turning them into in game currency , not selling them to other players for platinum as far as i know he has the credits and is planning to use us to get money and he has 3 accounts. the items sold ,were not traded they were sold in the inventory system and credits were in there account ,former friends a threatening to get my war frame account banned and have audio of me confessing to something i did not do and are wanting to send it to DE if i dont pay for 500$ of stuff sold on his account buy someone else and that i was to blame , im a 3 year member of warframe and am being threatens my account and i am being made the fall guy ... they want me and my friend to make a payment plan to give them 500$ or my account will be banned.

Threatening to blackmail is an odd response to follow up such an accusation with but we only got your word on that he actually did that.

If you did do it and didn't use a proxy then DE should be able to track where an account have been accessed from and if that location matches a location used to access you or your friends account.

If they can see his stuff was sold off while being accessed from another location they could give him the benefit of the doubt and reset his account.