The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please dont force people to quit.

BloodKitten

im tired of this, im doing the event, im the session host, some person keep wanting to extract after 15-20 minutes and lieing about being host, making the other people go to extract since they dont want to loose prograss, and even if i say anything, the extract time already started.

its annoying, the other 2 players wanted to do 50-70 survivors, and just because they dident knew who the host is, they folded with the "if i go you loose prograss" excuse from a random person.

if you want to leave, just leave, do not drag other people since you dident have the common curtesy of being prepared for a reasonable playtime session.

8 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

im tired of this, im doing the event, im the session host, some person keep wanting to extract after 15-20 minutes and lieing about being host, making the other people go to extract since they dont want to loose prograss, and even if i say anything, the extract time already started.

its annoying, the other 2 players wanted to do 50-70 survivors, and just because they dident knew who the host is, they folded with the "if i go you loose prograss" excuse from a random person.

if you want to leave, just leave, do not drag other people since you dident have the common curtesy of being prepared for a reasonable playtime session.

Wait, a person CANNOT pretend to be the host. The host is player n°1, anyone can see that.

2 hours ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

please dont  force people to stay in a mission for YOUR sake and make a dedicated group from recruiting chat

Yeah, no, when one person wants to leave and 3 people want to stay, the person should just leave, it'd be messed up if 3 people had to conform to that one selfish person.

2 minutes ago, faiznorizan said:

"if i go you loose progress" Is this an actual thing? i thought it just triggers a host migration. even if they do dc, they can alwaya alt+f4 and relaunch to reconnect to the same party/group/cell

that sadly doesnt always happen. especially when the connection to the host is fairly bad. ive had instances where host migration made me go into solo mode as well.... which sucks. 

Just now, SupremeDutchGamer said:

that sadly doesnt always happen. especially when the connection to the host is fairly bad. ive had instances where host migration made me go into solo mode as well.... which sucks. 

hmm true. I suppose this is something DE has never thought of trying to even fix :/ or maybe its considered something unimportant. or not working properly at best perhaps. Sad

Just now, faiznorizan said:

hmm true. I suppose this is something DE has never thought of trying to even fix :/ or maybe its considered something unimportant. or not working properly at best perhaps. Sad

its even worse... its something that DE cant fix. its out of their hands realy. its a problem with the internet itsself and slower connections. the only way to get around this would be to make dedicated servers for those 26 million registered losers to play on based on their location. which is WAY to expensive.

1 minute ago, faiznorizan said:

Yeah DE should fix our own connection. When will they provide us with free 500Mbps connection ? That's so easy

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Nah , I don't force to do endless mission , but some just shut down game and made everyone in squad loss everything include the host  , but I think they decided to do that , they had fun just watched people upset

when it started, someone asked how long we want to go for, one player said 70, i said i would be happy with 50, after 20 that 4th person just camp extraction, if 3 out of 4 want to do a long game, and you dont want to do a long game, just leave insted of complaining of wanting to extract.

when i did the second stage of this event, we also had one person camping extraction throwing insults that we dont want to leave, if 3 out of 4 want to keep going and you dont like it, noone stopping you from just leaving the match.

1 hour ago, BloodKitten said:

when it started, someone asked how long we want to go for, one player said 70, i said i would be happy with 50, after 20 that 4th person just camp extraction, if 3 out of 4 want to do a long game, and you dont want to do a long game, just leave insted of complaining of wanting to extract.

when i did the second stage of this event, we also had one person camping extraction throwing insults that we dont want to leave, if 3 out of 4 want to keep going and you dont like it, noone stopping you from just leaving the match.

I don't really care how long we stay , I just follow if 2 wanna leave . The main point is the host left not even at extract time , suddenly everyone lose all resources and rewards including the host himself . Just like for example , host left at 7 waves defense mission then everyone loss everything

In the first part of the event I just needed 38 more to get the reward. but stayed till we got 76 (because one defector died) to help one person in the squad who was playing for the first time.

The second part I was missing just 6 more defectors to complete the goal, so I went solo in order to not annoy anyone with me completing my goal early and wanting to leave.

Though I assume this is mission 3?

While I do agree that there should be major consideration prior to going into the mission (just like Hieracon, you should be prepared to stay a while). I would also say that there should be some consideration for the people who only have a few points remaining toward their goal. 

Yeah, it's so selfish to have a life outside the game! People should stop having real life needs and stay in game for hours and hours to please you, even if they come in your squad with random matchmaking, they have no right to ask you to leave with the drop they got instead of loosing everything. Real players must play forever or not play at all!

*sarcastic rant over*

To play devil's advocate, and I am a supporter of the individual extraction option for Survivals and Excavations, the Evacuation mission, especially the third one, is significantly more difficult with three players as opposed to four. It's doable, but once the enemies approach sortie level and beyond, missing that fourth player can be a severe handicap, and after the first extraction opportunity, no new players can join.

With that said, I'd still like to see the option for individual extraction in non-wave based endless missions.

It goes both ways.

I have been that guy who runs to extraction while the other 3 keeps running around. I WANT to extract,  but I can't. 

I WANT this: if 1-3 go to Extraction they can leave after a certain time.

And those left can INVITE replacements and keep playing.

And yeah, hostmigrations and forced Extract sucks too.

The really should change extraction so that it happens on an individual basis after a 10 seconds countdown. And instantly when soloing of course, like it already works today.

Edited by Golmihr