Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which is stronger ? Aksteletto prime or euphona prime?

(PSN)ARIES-WY

Question

20 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ARIES-WY said:

Topic. thanks for the answers.

Aren't they too different to compare though?

One (Euphona Prime) requires steady aim and generally kill things in one or two shots, and the other (Akstiletto Prime) stack procs really quickly, with moderate attention to crit.

Even with the alt-fire, Euphona Prime still requires more precision than Akstiletto Prime, due to the damage falloff.

Anyway, that's my opinion :v

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woop

3 minutes ago, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

You can, my child. But 4 slots must be elemental mods for that sweet 100% status.

Even without any status mods, the Akstiletto Prime procs often due to its fast fire rate and some multishot mods.  One status-elemental mod should be enough to make it a very strong crit-status weapon:

Akstiletto Prime Crit-Status Build (43% Crit. Chance, 83% Status Chance)

I have yet to try a Euphona Prime, though.

for what purposes? that's important.

Stiletto has higher Sustained DPS for mowing down Trash Units, and can probably strip Armor a bit faster. plus Status and Crits at the same time.
but Euphoria will oneshot pretty much anything that ever exists. might edge out in Armor stripping but hard to say, high RoF vs guaranteed to get some Status Effect.

in terms of Slash Status, Euphoria would definitely win but Stiletto really won't be super far behind despite low Slash Chance because it Crits them.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Even without any status mods, the Akstiletto Prime procs often due to its fast fire rate and some multishot mods.  One status-elemental mod should be enough to make it a very strong crit-status weapon:

Akstiletto Prime Crit-Status Build (43% Crit. Chance, 83% Status Chance)

I have yet to try a Euphona Prime, though.

Well it's a one shot CRIT machine, the secondary shotgun blast is more status based but building for that is a let down as it has a Very short range so unless you are a Chroma and like getting in the enemies face it's damage drops like a rock.... Plus status is rather underwhelming on it.

I love both of them, but I prefer using the Akskilletos better because as previously mentioned, status procs. But I do agree, the Euphona Prime is more fun. So it all comes down to preference. In my case I use one or the other depending on my loadout. If I am using, say, the Karak Wraith, or the Soma Prime, I use the Euphona Prime. If I am using the Lanka, or the Tigris Prime, I use the Skilletos. I always try to compliment my primary with my secondary. If I am using a Lanka there's no reason to use the Euphona, because both of them are single shot weapons. 

I find it funny how people prefer the Akstiletto Prime over Euphona for its status procs when the Euphona is arguably the best status secondary in the game. You can remove a level 120 Heavy Gunner's armor in 3 shots.

They're both solid weapons though, Akstiletto is just more straightforward to use. And if you like Mesa Akstiletto P is the better choice because you can run a status/crit build with it, unlike Euphona which has to have that 100% status chance to shine.

3 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

I find it funny how people prefer the Akstiletto Prime over Euphona for its status procs when the Euphona is arguably the best status secondary in the game. You can remove a level 120 Heavy Gunner's armor in 3 shots.

They're both solid weapons though, Akstiletto is just more straightforward to use. And if you like Mesa Akstiletto P is the better choice because you can run a status/crit build with it, unlike Euphona which has to have that 100% status chance to shine.

Status wise I believe the Pox is the best secondary.

Problem with the Euphona as I see it (because I don't own the gun) it's an either or situation with both having downsides. 

With the primary fire it's low status and accuracy issues

With the secondary fire it's damage falloff and lack of crits.

General issues are that it doesn't deal well with large hordes because of its low magazine and when it comes to builds its an either/or situation in status or crits.

While the Akstiletto is just reliable overall. Just not great with crits (compared to the Euphona).

15 minutes ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Euphona is the new shiny pos. Fires too slow, reloads too slow, has travel speed (must be firing du rounds), and bullet drop. It's secondary mode is a joke with effect range of what 3m? 

Akstilletto is a status ammo shredder.

A gun that can kill lvl 100 Enemies with 3 shots is a piece of S#&$ now, good to know. 

Euphona has a lot of downsides, but they are required to balance its power. Could they be tweaked a bit? Yeah, but it's far from a pos weapon. 

Edited by aligatorno

Both weapons are incredibly strong in their own right. I personally can't say which one is better because I've tested all my builds on level 145 heavy gunners. The euphona kills them faster, but the magazine size and reload speed could prove to be a problem. The akstiletto primes however won't kill the heavy gunner as fast, but in a large group the akstilettos would kill the group faster. In my opinion the better weapon is purely based on the current situation you're in.

Edited by (XB1)Patchy Lg

I would really have to say Akstiletto P due to the fact that you can hit an enemy from a respectable distance without much fallout. The range on the Euphona is abysmal, and at higher levels being closer without using melee means death. If modded right, an Akstiletto P can be just as effective and damaging from long range as the Euphona is from close range

Edited by Aleksundar