Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pacifism Defect Rewards

KuraiWolf2014

Question

I got screwed over by a glitch that prevented me from getting my rewards for the last mission. I got my score, but didn't get my loot. Is there any way to get it without me needing to go buy it? If DE can't help me then is there anyone who has the Harkonar cloak and chest plate who want to trade with me (I don't have much plat).

16 answers to this question

I was grinding my butt off to get these for hours (got to it late). The last match I was in (which lasted out the timer for the event) got the remaining score. When I got back to orbit I had no message in my inbox (like how I got the other items) and had no new items in my inventory. If it didn't count because of our match running the timer out, then that is just messed up. Looks like I need to talk to DE about this.

2 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I was grinding my butt off to get these for hours (got to it late). The last match I was in (which lasted out the timer for the event) got the remaining score. When I got back to orbit I had no message in my inbox (like how I got the other items) and had no new items in my inventory. If it didn't count because of our match running the timer out, then that is just messed up. Looks like I need to talk to DE about this.

I did 2/3 of an invasion at .1% left, and was able to get into the third one before it disappeared. I ran it, completed the mission, went back to the ship (expecting an instant reward) and nada. If you don't finish an invasion/event before the timer is up, you get nothing. That's my guess.

Sadly, you had a week to do it, and chose not to, so you can't complain about not enough time. You even said you got to it late. In the real world, that just means you didn't want it bad enough. Or you were unlucky with how your life was going for the last week. Either way, that's just how it goes.

Just now, Azlen said:

I did 2/3 of an invasion at .1% left, and was able to get into the third one before it disappeared. I ran it, completed the mission, went back to the ship (expecting an instant reward) and nada. If you don't finish an invasion/event before the timer is up, you get nothing. That's my guess.

Sadly, you had a week to do it, and chose not to, so you can't complain about not enough time. You even said you got to it late. In the real world, that just means you didn't want it bad enough. Or you were unlucky with how your life was going for the last week. Either way, that's just how it goes.

I didn't choose not to run it until now, real life matters got in the way. I can't change that! So what if I got to it late. Screw me because I had stuff to do that prevented me from completing it on time? That is not right man. Not everyone has all the time in the world to grind on a video game. And I sure as heck am not buying this gear. I have been playing since 2013 and this is how I get treated? DE needs to level with their fans a bit. They need some way for busy gamers to still get what they grind for.

4 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I didn't choose not to run it until now, real life matters got in the way. I can't change that! So what if I got to it late. Screw me because I had stuff to do that prevented me from completing it on time? That is not right man. Not everyone has all the time in the world to grind on a video game. And I sure as heck am not buying this gear. I have been playing since 2013 and this is how I get treated? DE needs to level with their fans a bit. They need some way for busy gamers to still get what they grind for.

I do admit that if you were able to get to extract and it says "mission score ###" then that should contribute because you did the work. My guess though is that it doesn't because... well... there is no more event for those points to contribute to. Personally I don't see anything wrong with them giving you the missing pieces and I honestly hope they do. If you haven't, definitely submit a ticket.

All that said though, if a store had a week long sale for 75% off a TV that ended at 6:00 PM that day, just because you got your foot in the door at 5:59 PM doesn't mean they will give you the sale if you are going to pay at 6:15 PM when you get to the counter. There are cut-off times for a reason.

7 minutes ago, Azlen said:

I do admit that if you were able to get to extract and it says "mission score ###" then that should contribute because you did the work. My guess though is that it doesn't because... well... there is no more event for those points to contribute to. Personally I don't see anything wrong with them giving you the missing pieces and I honestly hope they do. If you haven't, definitely submit a ticket.

All that said though, if a store had a week long sale for 75% off a TV that ended at 6:00 PM that day, just because you got your foot in the door at 5:59 PM doesn't mean they will give you the sale if you are going to pay at 6:15 PM when you get to the counter. There are cut-off times for a reason.

I submitted a ticket to support. Also, a better analogy would be if I was handing them the money for the tv at the counter and they say "Oops, event over. Pay full price."

2 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I submitted a ticket to support. Also, a better analogy would be if I was handing them the money for the tv at the counter and they say "Oops, event over. Pay full price."

So you are telling me you literally finished the event seconds after it was over? Because I highly doubt that. You most likely started it with some small amount of time left on it, and went as far as you could. Again, normally warframe allows this, so the inconsistency is somewhat questionable. But unless you started the event with an hour left, and went for an hour and 10 seconds, your analogy is incorrect.

23 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

playing since 2013 and this is how I get treated?

Don't go around so entitled, DE isn't at fault for your lack of time. Also, I got everything within the first day, just played like 4 hours. If you couldn't make 4 hours of time in a week, then it's your fault honestly, I doubt you were that much tight on time.

Also, as said above, if you get inside when the timer is almost done, don't expect to get a reward, because the score is only admitted during event time.

i never understand the "but i have a real life!" excuse. Yes, real life is more important than a game, but Its a choice that YOU make. Either, you sacrifice your time to earn digital goods, or you dont. If you choose to deal with real life instead, than accept the consequences of that choice. Its no ones fault but your own.

I didn't "choose" anything. I couldn't get to it in time because of real life responsibilities that I HAD to take care of. I couldn't choose to ignore my responsibilities just to play a fricking game! What is with this "too f****ng bad" attitude that the warframe community has? You guys don't give a F because it didn't happen to you right? Plus, you call me out like I am lying, without even taking a second to give me the benefit of doubt. Games glitch up all the time, even the devs can tell you that. Being the victim of a glitch on a game as grindy as this is twice as infuriating. And if being pissed off because of a glitch is being entitled, then I don't want to play this game anymore. I have better things to do than to be treated like a bratty kid by strangers online.

Edited by KuraiWolf2014

59 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I didn't "choose" anything. I couldn't get to it in time because of real life responsibilities that I HAD to take care of. I couldn't choose to ignore my responsibilities just to play a fricking game! What is with this "too f****ng bad" attitude that the warframe community has? You guys don't give a F because it didn't happen to you right? Plus, you call me out like I am lying, without even taking a second to give me the benefit of doubt. Games glitch up all the time, even the devs can tell you that. Being the victim of a glitch on a game as grindy as this is twice as infuriating. And if being pissed off because of a glitch is being entitled, then I don't want to play this game anymore. I have better things to do than to be treated like a bratty kid by strangers online.

Take it easy man. It's going to be alright.

Now I truly sympathize with you. I do. I know much it sucks to put in work for something and not be given a reward. It's an inconsistency with the event and the rest of timed missions in Warframe. And I really do hope support is willing to give you the personal rewards you completed the mission for. 

That said though, with an event like this, it makes sense that when it is over, you are inelligible for rewards anymore. Your points can't go anywhere. The event disappears, they close the gates, they take the quest-like info off your nav console, and the event is no more.

You might've still been in the mission, but you can't receive a reward for a quest that doesn't exist anymore. 

No one is faulting you for taking care of your real-life responsibilities. Good on you for knowing what actually matters man. That said, if you couldn't make the window in time, that's just how it goes. It sucks hard and I feel for you, but I wouldn't expect any different for me no matter how much I worked for the reward. I bought a resource booster for a few days only to literally 10 minutes later find out I had to go out of town in 3 hours. So I lost out on in-game things because real life took priority. And it does suck. But it's not like I tried to ask for a refund or anything.

Your case is different because you truly put in the work, you just showed up to class a little late is all. I honestly hope they make an exception for you because you did put in the work. But at the same time, if they don't, don't let it build resentment for the game. You'll know for next time, be more prepared, and perhaps life will give you a little extra gaming time. But keep your head up, fellow Tenno. It's going to sting for a few days, but give it time. In a few days you'll be right back in the action, and hopefully you won't even remember this ordeal.

Take care man, and best of luck.

~Az

Edited by Azlen

3 minutes ago, Azlen said:

Take it easy man. It's going to be alright.

Now I truly sympathize with you. I do. I know much it sucks to put in work for something and not be given a reward. It's an inconsistency with the event and the rest of timed missions in Warframe. And I really do hope support is willing to give you the personal rewards you completed the mission for. 

That said though, with an event like this, it makes sense that when it is over, you are inelligible for rewards anymore. Your points can't go anywhere. The event disappears, they close the gates, they take the quest-like info off your nav console, and the event is no more.

You might've still been in the mission, but you can't receive a reward for a quest that doesn't exist anymore. 

No one is faulting you for taking care of your real-life responsibilities. Good on you for knowing what actually matters man. That said, if you couldn't make the window in time, that's just how it goes. It sucks hard and I feel for you, but I wouldn't expect any different for me no matter how much I worked for the reward. I bought a resource booster for a few days only to literally 10 minutes later I had to go out of town in 3 hours. So I lost out on in-game things because real life took priority. And it does suck. But it's not like I tried to ask for a refund or anything.

Your case is different because you truly put in the work, you just showed up to class a little late is all. I honestly hope they make an exception for you because you did put in the work. But at the same time, if they don't, don't let it build resentment for the game. You'll know for next time, be more prepared, and perhaps life will give you a little extra gaming time. But keep your head up, fellow Tenno. It's going to sting for a few days, but give it time. In a few days you'll be right back in the action, and hopefully you won't even remember this ordeal.

Take care man, and best of luck.

~Az

Even if they can't help me, they might be able to take this as a chance to improve the way events work. And will allow players to still get their loot. I never had issues with alerts not giving me loot if I run the timer out, so I assumed it would apply to events as well. I guess it doesn't. Thank you for understanding man.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:26 PM, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I got screwed over by a glitch that prevented me from getting my rewards for the last mission. I got my score, but didn't get my loot. Is there any way to get it without me needing to go buy it? If DE can't help me then is there anyone who has the Harkonar cloak and chest plate who want to trade with me (I don't have much plat).

I think that answers were given. To prevent hostility escalation, some replies where Shocked, and this thread is now Discharged from General Discussion to Players helping Players.