Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking on quitting, need some help.

(XBOX)BubbyTekk

Question

Ok. Reached rank 11 recently, unlocked Eris, went to the first node on Eris and got obliterated. I've got max vitality/redirection..max flow/streamline/continuity among a couple others. Using Ember with a reactor so 60 mod capacity. Using a soma for main weapon. World on fire when I can. Getting one shot pretty regularly with about 820 shields and health. I just don't know what to do to get better, stronger, more durable. I solo most missions because I don't have a lot of friends that play. Just dropped 80 on Valkyr Prime pack, so I don't want to quit but don't feel like I can progress anymore. Any tips or help would be great.

Edited by (XB1)BubbyTekk
Wrong wording

Be more agile, move around more using parkour, don't rely so much on World on Fire, Ember is very, very squishy. Use Accelerant to stun the enemies. Purchase Firequake Augment from syndicates or from trade chat to get some good CC with her WoF.  Try to get your hands on corrupted mods by doing Vault Runs, with them you'll be able to make very powerful builds. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict

Use Recruit Chat to look for groups after you read a bit about the Orokin Derelict. 

Mod your weapons with the correct elements, always bring a good melee with you,especially against the infested. 

Use this to look for builds : http://warframe-builder.com/  . Search for whatever you want, and then select Search Builds on the left side of the screen. 

Edited by aligatorno

Yeah Ember real squish. Try to keep your distance with the infested, making sure to prioritize the ancients with your weapons so firequake can deal with the lighter stuff once you get rid of the ancient buffs. It's a lot about mobility if you are using a squish frame in high levels.

Unfortunately you might have reached that point where what usually worked for you, no longer does whereby you're too set in your ways. Now it calls for you to actually change tactics because the simply ones relied upon don't work here. In a way it doesn't help that you're Ember as she can be like paper on high content levels unless you really know what you're doing. It requires movement and serious consideration of your environment and your enemies.

One obvious tip is gonna be what you've already done - change warframes and weapons. What other warframes and weapons do you have? Must have more so maybe it's time you branch out and use those. Also, maybe it's time you tried not solo'ing everything and just did pub's. Get a bit of teamwork going and it might also help with you getting by with your favourite frame, even pick up some tips from others. Just need to branch out some more and try other stuff WF may have to offer.

14 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Be more agile, move around more using parkour, don't rely so much on World on Fire, Ember is very, very squishy. Use Accelerant to stun the enemies. Purchase Firequake Augment from syndicates or from trade chat to get some good CC with her WoF.  Try to get your hands on corrupted mods by doing Vault Runs, with them you'll be able to make very powerful builds. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict

Use Recruit Chat to look for groups after you read a bit about the Orokin Derelict. 

Mod your weapons with the correct elements, always bring a good melee with you,especially against the infested. 

Use this to look for builds : http://warframe-builder.com/  . Search for whatever you want, and then select Search Builds on the left side of the screen. 

Thanks. Will do.

Just now, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ok, I have a few other frames, but I like the dps types. What others would you suggest? I have Nova, Chroma, Limbo, Saryn cooking right now and will be ready this weekend. 

I have mag, Valkyr P, Rhino, Nyx, Ember.

Well I know you mentioned DPS but I'd recommend Nidus too, simply because he's refreshing and fun to play.

I think that's just the core of the issue here, you need to branch out and get a taste of other frames. I love Frost Prime to XYZ but even I get tired and bored, simply because I'm playing the same frame and usually the same weapons, doing the same thing. You've gotta try something out of your comfort to try and reinvigorate yourself. If you don't find that satisfying your needs and even when you go back to your old frame/ways and you find it just as tedious, maybe it is time to take a break.

In a cheeky way I'd recommend all of them because that's the only way you're going to find out the issue here. Again, I'd still vote towards playing with others be it public or finding a clan. Communication and socializing with others helps a great deal with interest. I know some people like playing solo but I've always played pubs, unless it's spy or I'm really frustrated for some reason. and I find when I do solo on this sort of game it feels sort of empty and I don't feel too encouraged to play. I like co-op. It's why I hated going solo on MMO's, felt freakin' alone and it was as dull as, as my clan/friends had left the game. Thought about quitting but somehow carried on and found a smaller clan and met some nice people, I came on to enjoy the game with them and both receive and give help out. Interest boosted tenfold. Though that's more of a person outside of the game thing opposed to game issue, ha.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ok, I have a few other frames, but I like the dps types. What others would you suggest? I have Nova, Chroma, Limbo, Saryn cooking right now and will be ready this weekend. 

I have mag, Valkyr P, Rhino, Nyx, Ember.

Based on the frames that you have I would suggest:

DPS: Nova, Chroma, Saryn, Valkyr P, Ember

Tank: Chroma, Saryn (To an Extent), Valkyr P, Rhino, Nyx (With Her Assimilate Augment)

CC: Nova, Mag, Valkyr P (Only slightly with Paralysis), Rhino, Nyx, Ember (With Accelerant and Firequake augment), Limbo

Utility (Buffer or Helps with Movement): Nova, Valkyr P, Rhino, Chroma (Need EVerlasting Ward Augment)

20 minutes ago, thewhitepanda1205 said:

Based on the frames that you have I would suggest:

DPS: Nova, Chroma, Saryn, Valkyr P, Ember

Tank: Chroma, Saryn (To an Extent), Valkyr P, Rhino, Nyx (With Her Assimilate Augment)

CC: Nova, Mag, Valkyr P (Only slightly with Paralysis), Rhino, Nyx, Ember (With Accelerant and Firequake augment), Limbo

Utility (Buffer or Helps with Movement): Nova, Valkyr P, Rhino, Chroma (Need EVerlasting Ward Augment)

Ok..do you know where I farm to get these augments? They are Aura mods right? Also, how do I unlock the top right warframe slot, the one next to the aura mod slot? It's locked on every warframe.

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ok..do you know where I farm to get these augments?

You can either farm syndicate rep and rank up the one of the necessary syndicates for the augment or you can dive into the depths of trade chat.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

They are Aura mods right?

No, they actually aren't. Augments go into a regular mod slot on the frame and cost mod points instead of giving you extra mod points.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Also, how do I unlock the top right warframe slot, the one next to the aura mod slot? It's locked on every warframe.

That slot is for Exilus mods which are mostly QoL mods like Sprint Speed, Bullet Jump Speed, etc.

You need an Exilus Adapter to open these slots which you can get from several quests as a reward, from the Cephalon Simaris Syndicate for 50k rep (You can find SImaris by going upstairs in the back of a relay and then turning right), from Sorties, or you can buy them from the market.

It's good that you're leveling your mods, but you might need to adjust your play style to kill and survive at higher levels.  Start focusing on crowd control abilities and try not to get hit in the first place by becoming more mobile.  Ember is quite squishy and her damage ability falls off quite quickly at high level.  She's not going to kill enemies fast enough but you can use her more for crowd control by using the Firequake augment for World on Fire.  Also do use her Accelerant and Fire Blast instead of just relying on her 4. Also, hope you're not neglecting your weapons.  

You might want to consider using other frames.  Of the frames you have, Saryn is a dps frame, and if you use her augment Regenerative Molt she can be fairly tanky (or at least more tanky than Ember).  

It's hard to solo certain mission types at high levels if you're not prepared so maybe join an active clan or ask for help in recruitment chat?  You might be able to make some friends that way. :)  Or, drag your real life friends or family members into the game.

What about the other mods, the ones obtainable through nightmare missions? You do know, for example, that there is a mod called Vigor that adds health and shield in stack with Redirection/Vitality?

Personally, i would heavily recommend posessing either Valkyr, Nidus or Inaros for post-TWW play - they are health/armor based warframes, which means being capable to respond adequately to nightmare alerts, where shields are always reduced to zero, for guaranteed high-level mods. Your Valkyr Prime should do, provided that you invest in her already formidable health and armor rather than shield. Having one-shots with 820 shields, though... My average is about 900, i guess, and in my experience that is enough to feel comfortable on Eris, at least it is very surprising that they are taken off in one hit. May be some kind of bug you are experiencing, then. I suggest you do some research and see if they are actually consumed by only one attack or you are being overwhelmed/status`d. There are lots of ways to get shield-bypassing damage (mostly toxin) when opposing the mutalist-reinforced Infestation.

Edited by Spectolder

the mods Rage and Quickthinking will help in damage taking. I find that helped me a lot when I was trying to Progress. You'll need Vitality / Rage / Quickthinking / and either armor mods to help soak incoming damage. Recruit chat is very helpful to find players to help you out as well. One good tenno helping and explaining things out  is worth an army of Grineer :)

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ok. Reached rank 11 recently, unlocked Eris, went to the first node on Eris and got obliterated. I've got max vitality/redirection..max flow/streamline/continuity among a couple others. Using Ember with a reactor so 60 mod capacity. Using a soma for main weapon. World on fire when I can. Getting one shot pretty regularly with about 820 shields and health. I just don't know what to do to get better, stronger, more durable. I solo most missions because I don't have a lot of friends that play. Just dropped 80 on Valkyr Prime pack, so I don't want to quit but don't feel like I can progress anymore. Any tips or help would be great.

How the hell are you getting one shot with 820 shields and health?
I regularly run with less than that and less cc than Ember and I do fine.

I will say that Redirection and Vitality are noob trap mods. Very few frames can make good use of them. If you're using them I suggest you remove them. Especially on Ember. There are much better ways to utilize two mod slots on Ember.

What I always tell people when they say they need Redirection and Vitality is to go with Quick Thinking and Rage instead.

Sorry to see you're on xbox. If you were on PC you could add me as a friend and we can do runs together. Aside from two of my friends I'm also alone most of the time in this game. I will also suggest you join the Warframe discord and see if anyone on xbox there would be willing to run with you and help you out with game progression. Because of Warframe's economy and the fact that gear progression is so awesome it has one of the nicest and best MMO gaming communities I've ever interacted with.

A good World on Fire build for Ember will let her solo all content on the map with ease.

Not exactly the build I would do for Ember but take a look at it and mimic it. It works. Keep moving, never stand still for too long. Enemies shoot pretty accurately and even the tankiest frames will get killed really quickly.

Edited by uAir

Well on Eris, CC is King, especially on Survival and Defense. Ember with Firequake can be good for this, as well as Rhino or Frost, and of course Vauban is the CC King. Weapon wise you might want something with AOE. Such as the Penta or Zarr, or the Tonkor if you want to have an Easier time. Or, if you would prefer a good AOE Secondary, the Talons are a good choice. Slow Nova is also good against Infested.

For Ember, I tend to either use the Ignis or the Atomos for her. Suits her theme well, the Atomos actually links to targets, so you hit one, it will link to others and deal damage to them as well. And the Ignis has Innate Punch through.

If you are truly set in using Ember, firstly, try to get Ember Prime, if not just experiment with builds. 

Frame and survivability is all well and good but you still gotta kill them enemies with your weapons.

If you've got high damage weapons then they kill stuff quick and you don't necessarily need so much survivability. Level 40 heavy gunner will do the same amount of damage to you as a level 2 heavy gunner cos bang, that dude's dead before he can unload his gorgon on you. If your weapons aren't strong enough then that level 40 heavy gunner's gonna hurt while you try and put 100 bullets into him.

You're probably at the point where you need to be catalyst-ing your best weapon(s) and putting elements into them.

3 hours ago, uAir said:

I will say that Redirection and Vitality are noob trap mods. Very few frames can make good use of them. If you're using them I suggest you remove them. Especially on Ember. There are much better ways to utilize two mod slots on Ember.

What I always tell people when they say they need Redirection and Vitality is to go with Quick Thinking and Rage instead.

I'll agree that Redirection is a mod you won't use much (if at all) when you get more experienced, but it does serve as an extra buffer for newer players as they learn to play.

Vitality on the other hand is a very solid mod, and in no way a 'noob trap'.

Quick Thinking and Rage often also need to be used with (Primed) Flow, so that's three mods where one (Vitality) will many times be perfectly sufficient.

Quick Thinking also gives you the opportunity to be staggered to death, and is vulnerable to energy leech and parasitic eximus mobs.

Not that QT is bad, but the choice between a QT or Vitality build is situational.

5 hours ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

Well on Eris, CC is King, especially on Survival and Defense. Ember with Firequake can be good for this, as well as Rhino or Frost, and of course Vauban is the CC King. Weapon wise you might want something with AOE. Such as the Penta or Zarr, or the Tonkor if you want to have an Easier time. Or, if you would prefer a good AOE Secondary, the Talons are a good choice. Slow Nova is also good against Infested.

For Ember, I tend to either use the Ignis or the Atomos for her. Suits her theme well, the Atomos actually links to targets, so you hit one, it will link to others and deal damage to them as well. And the Ignis has Innate Punch through.

If you are truly set in using Ember, firstly, try to get Ember Prime, if not just experiment with builds. 

I'm not set on ember at all. Right now I would say she is my best dps option. I solo a lot because I didn't really know the recruit channel was for LFG. Thought it was more for clans and such. So I was trying to kill everything with ember solo. I know I need better guns, and a better melee weapon. Also a bit lost on formas, as far as which polarity to use on which warframe and weapon.

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

I know I need better guns, and a better melee weapon.

Try not to fall into that trap. Every weapon is viable to kill anything in the game. Some just take longer and more resources (i.e. forma) to get the weapon there.

It's about whether you like the weapon or not. If you like it, you invest the time (forma-ing and re-max ranking) and resources (forma, catalysts) into making the weapon stronger. If you don't like it you max rank it for the affinity and get rid of it. There are people out there running MK1-Bratons in "endgame" content.

Regarding forma, you generally forma a slot for the mods that cost the most because that will give you the best return on the capacity you get back (i.e. you want V polarity for the 14 cost serration freeing up 7 capacity). 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

Ahh ok. Thanks. I was thinking that the higher mastery rank weapons were better. 

It's a weird one, cos they are kinda better. But not better in the sense that they're gonna start one shotting stuff on Eris as soon as you get it. It'll be as bad at that as every weapon you've already got.

I've a friend who's early in the game and he's always asking "What's this weapon like?" as he's going through the market and EVERY single one he asks about it's the same answer. "Well, it's pretty crap. But stick a catalyst in it, forma it up, stick all the best mods you don't have in it and it's good.".

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

8 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

There are people out there running MK1-Bratons in "endgame" content

While that's true, it doesn't change the fact that some weapons are objectively better than others.

Not a problem if you intend to build and keep every weapon in the game, but for players on a 'budget' who only want to keep a limited selection of weapons, a Soma Prime will always beat out a Mk1-Braton.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)BubbyTekk said:

I play without health,shield and armor mods HOBODAH?

5 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

While that's true, it doesn't change the fact that some weapons are objectively better than others.

Not a problem if you intend to build and keep every weapon in the game, but for players on a 'budget' who only want to keep a limited selection of weapons, a Soma Prime will always beat out a Mk1-Braton.

I know what you're saying and I do agree. It's why I drew attention to it being about if you like the weapon cos you're gonna have to invest those limited resources into making the weapon strong.

I just feel the danger is making people think that all they need to get further into the game is a Soma Prime. Cos a Soma Prime without the right mods (and capacity for those mods) is as useless as a MK1-Braton without the right mods.