Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I quit?

NotRealButReal

Question

I'm currently MR7 and trying to sell stuff and grind in Warframe, but I'm getting nothing... the only path I see to progression is Prime Access... 

Would the boost carry me through the game, or will I have to keep spending a ton of money? If so, I might as well leave now.

(Need answers from experienced players)

Edited by NotRealButReal
Forgot to put something in.

There is this path called patience....

But yes there is an element of grind to the game but it's not 'that bad' in most cases although it always feels worse if you're specifically going after the latest prime frame... pro tip, don't rush it, just grab the normal one to tide you over.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

There is this path called patience....

But yes there is an element of grind to the game but it's not 'that bad' in most cases although it always feels worse if you're specifically going after the latest prime frame... pro tip, don't rush it, just grab the normal one to tide you over.

I have Nyx, Nova, Frost, Loki, Trinity, Nekros, and Ash, all primed, but my problem is that I can't progress any further. I made ~700p last week, but I made nothing this week. I'm just finding myself spending and spending, getting hardly anything good out of it. I'm trying to buy Prime Access to give myself a little boost, I hope I won't end up with 0p and nothing to sell.

Patience is what annoys me, but I understand that stuff takes time, hopefully, the Prime Access will give me some :-/.

What do you think? :-/

Wanna quit, than quit LOL.

Nah, I'm foolin' ya.

Don't rush it... you got tons of new weapons, frames, archwings, sentinels, dogs and cats to rank up to 30... to ger experience to your MR. Unlock Solar System so you can get more and more materials to build stuff and get more experience too... Why you wanna have everything now? Everything top tier? Trust me, the game is fun until you have something do to... I'm MR23 and all I do is farming mats, selling prime junks, doing Sorties, etc. BOOOOOORING

The repliers above give good info.

My advice, go to each planet boss and farm out all the non-prime frames so you can get them all to 30, then progressively pump out new weapons in your foundry as you get the credits/resources for it.

Of note: Every different weapon and frame variant, like normals and primes, wraiths, vandals, etc, all have different mastery levels on your profile. Collect one of everything that you can get and level it all to push your Mastery Rank as high as it can go. Keep what you like, ditch what you don't. One of Warframe's great strengths is the diversity of weapons, frames, and gear. It can be a lot more fun than you expect trying out new stuff, and doing that also happens to progress your Mastery Rank.

Okay. You have multiple choices here.

1) Change your plat farming strategy. You can earn plat more efficiently by`

• Farming Vault Mods (easy even without gear)
  • Farming Rare primes (might be a problem at the beginning if you don't have the relics, but doesn't require gear)
  • Riven mods (just do sorties. you can sell the veiled riven mods in the worst scenario for 40-50p)
  • Arcanes (requires gear or friends that can boost you)

Try checking out http://warframe.market. You can get some understanding of prices there.

Trading for platinum is hard at the beginning, but you'll get used to it. I, for one, haven't spent a single dollar and have every single weapon (except fro Gorgon Wraith since I missed that event), currently MR23 with every single frame/cosmetic available to me.

But, if you feel like trade chat isn't for you, then`

2) Buy Prime Access or wait for 75% plat discount (missing a couple of login days gives you higher chances of getting it). Assuming you get 4K plat`

• Get up to 31 warframe slots for 620 platinum. That's going to cover every single frame (assuming you keep only primes of primed frames).
  • There are 22 Event/Baro weapons currently. Assuming you would like to have them and at least the same amount of other weapons in your inventory, you'll need to get 44 slots, aka 528 plat worth of slots.
  • There are also Archwing slots, but most part of playerbase neglects them, so, let's say you just want a couple of slots for mastery worth 200p.
  • You'll still have ~2600 plat on your hands. Technically, you can buy only 2K plat, but you'll probably want to use some plat for the only true endgame` fashionframeTM.

So, yes, 4K, or even 2K plat will carry you for a long time, probably you'll only need to buy a pack once. Prime access might be preferable if you want the 90 day boosters to get mastery easier, but that comes down to personal preference.

If you like the game and feel like it provides enough entertainment, I'd say waiting for 75% discount and buying 4.3K (50$) or 2.1K (25$) platinum pack is worth it.

26 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

but my problem is that I can't progress any further

You need to expand a bit more on this so I can offer a bit more advice to hopefully help you out. I assume no progression with just mods or solar chart?

Whatever the case may be, Warframe is a game where mods mean literally everything you can buy prime access and get all the new primes but without leveled mods it'd be the same as the non-primed frame. If you can't progress any further to get to higher end content go back to a part of the solar chart where you can do it without too much trouble then farm farm and farm some more. Keep getting new mods to gain more damage and farm more endo so you can level those mods up and you'll be able to progress more and more.

Prime access will obvious help you out a bit but without putting the time into expanding your arsenal or ranking of mods you may encounter this problem again. I'm MR23 and back when I was a newer player the path I took was patient farming, there's no need to rush it. Slowly expanding on my mods, leveling them up and seeing a huge increase of damage/effectiveness. Once my weapons no longer had enough capacity I would use forma and it allowed me to get further and further. that's my recommendation, try it out and the other suggestions before you fully decide if you do wish to quit warframe or not. Also playing with friends/clan mates could also help you enjoy grinding a bit more it makes it less boring. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask, also if you like you can send me a friend request in game I wouldn't mind giving you a hand. 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

This dude made ~700p in a week and some of you are trying to give him trading tips?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This guy should be giving us trading tips.

It sounds like he's asking for gameplay tips. I play this game massively different to this guy so I don't think I can help much but sheesh I find some of the "help" here astounding.

i have   almost 4700h in game...90% of items i got trough play....and rest i bought cz i am not been in mood to farm...u best tools.. are    youtube wiki...forum...see where u can find what u need.. farm relics.. then u do voids...focus to max u esential mods.. cz they are very important for progress...dont force self to have gear like mr20 players.. take u time.. u will  get there with time

Edited by ashrah

57 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I'm currently MR7 and trying to sell stuff and grind in Warframe, but I'm getting nothing... the only path I see to progression is Prime Access... 

Would the boost carry me through the game, or will I have to keep spending a ton of money? If so, I might as well leave now.

45 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I have Nyx, Nova, Frost, Loki, Trinity, Nekros, and Ash, all primed, but my problem is that I can't progress any further. I made ~700p last week, but I made nothing this week. I'm just finding myself spending and spending, getting hardly anything good out of it. I'm trying to buy Prime Access to give myself a little boost, I hope I won't end up with 0p and nothing to sell.

Patience is what annoys me, but I understand that stuff takes time, hopefully, the Prime Access will give me some :-/.

Reading this and then the thread title, my answer is simple

YES.

It seems that this game is not for you and that´s not a problem, but instead of forcing yourself you should just go on and do/play something else.

47 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Sounds like someone wasted their plat on buying the prime frames rather than just farming them and focusing on getting stronger mods, endo and cash to improve what you have.  You need to stop and enjoyg the game rather than rushing to get all the 'best' items which tbh aren't needed for the main levels or even sorties if I'm honest.   Also you shouldn't expect to get plat every day in the game, it's doable but if all you want to do is buy the stuff with plat then why play warframe... you'll run out of things to do.  

Honestly the only thing you need to buy with plat in this game is slots and cosmetics if thats your thing.  You didn't need to buy the prime nyx or loki (they're both vaulted at the mo) as the normal ones are just as good in most cases and easily attained on lower levels of the map. 

If you 'desperately' want it now without waiting to get banshee prime and prime items that come with it, just buy normal plat (wait for discount ideally but doubt you will) and buy it via trade, yes you can't get the accessories but you'll get your fix for the new shiny stuff without waiting... Both ways are kind of pointless but it's you choice and imo prime access prices are ludicrously high.

Edited by LSG501

Dafuk did you even need 700p for with mr7?...

All you really NEED are frame and weapon slots, 20p each and 12p for 2...

Formas and potatos are farmable, vaulted sets may return and basic warframe sets dropp from system bosses..

What does it matter if you haven't got any luck this >week<? Grind, participate in events to get rare stuff, get yourself popular sets that will be vaulted and put them on hold or sell sets you were able to grind....Spent a totall of 40€ myself  to buy small plat packs every now and then ever since i started when this game released on ps4..... Bought the market about blank till now. Took me years tho.

Doesn't matter eather if you're on zero. There's allways gonna be farmable stuff you can sell.

Get yourself a prime access if you want to. It's your choice. You definitly do not need to tho. Not if you have 700p at hand, nor in the future as there's allways stuff to sell.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

18 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

This dude made ~700p in a week and some of you are trying to give him trading tips?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The question wasn't clear originally. And I didn't see new comments when I was typing my wall of text. Also, someone making 700p in a week probably can search the wiki/youtube channels for gameplay help, right? His post also further shows that he probably has problems with getting new stuff, and not the gameplay itself.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I play this game massively different to this guy so I don't think I can help much but sheesh I find some of the "help" here astounding.

If you can't help then don't discourage people that do try to help.

Now, back to OP.

52 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

I am going to guess that this game is just not for you. Warframe highly discourages rushing stuff (unless you are a billionaire).
The way you want to play warframe, you'll need 56K plat (that's around 2650$). Credits for math go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5wbkpu/how_much_would_it_cost_to_buy_mr23/.

Try playing casually. If you can't, then you'll either have to change you preferences in games/entertainment or take a break (which can be hard for some people since Warframe is really addictive).
There is nothing wrong with disliking this kinds of games. Do something that won't damage you mentally/financially in the long run.

1 hour ago, NotRealButReal said:

Purchasing prime access won't give you a perceivable power increase.  All prime access does is allow you to bypass a few time walls.  The strength of every player comes from what mods they use on their gear and the level of those mods.  What's your goal in Warframe?  What are you trying to accomplish when you say you're, "getting nothing"?

2 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

I am going to guess that this game is just not for you. Warframe highly discourages rushing stuff (unless you are a billionaire).
The way you want to play warframe, you'll need 56K plat (that's around 2650$). Credits for math go to https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5wbkpu/how_much_would_it_cost_to_buy_mr23/.

Try playing casually. If you can't, then you'll either have to change you preferences in games/entertainment or take a break (which can be hard for some people since Warframe is really addictive).
There is nothing wrong with disliking this kinds of games. Do something that won't damage you mentally/financially in the long run.

I'm not going to drift the topic, but the main reason I'm buying Prime Access is because of player discouragement: I can't do damage, so I get reported for no reason and get very rash insults. I'm buying Prime Access to satisfy players by buying stronger mods...

I'm in a sort of love-hate relationship with Warframe; I sometimes hate how I have to be very patient, but I cannot bring myself to leave the game... ever.

I'm not going to be in any financial issue by spending $80 on Warframe... thanks for your concern though :P.

I'll spend money ONCE, and never again, just to see if I can get back into the just of things. If I love Warframe even more, great. If not, this isn't the game for me, I'll either take a break or leave altogether.

Again, I want to thank you guys for the help. Cheers.

1 hour ago, NotRealButReal said:

I read all your comments and i'm confused.
What kind of progression are you expecting?

What exactly do you expect from buying Prime Access?

You will get 3 Prime items from it and 2 Boosters. One of them is a 90 day XP Booster. With it you can lvl up things faster from lvl0 to lvl30 that's all.

You won't get a faster progression of your account. It's very easy to lvl a weapon or a warframe from lvl0 to  lvl 30 in 30-50 minutes.

If you want to buy Prime Access so that you can buy weapons and warframes in the market with platinum instead of farming these things in game (i hope that you know that you don't need platinum for more warframes and weapons). Then you will waste a lot of money. I'm not sure how much platinum you need to buy all things but it's definitely more then 20000 platinum. 

It seems like you think that you need platinum for progression for whatever reason and i don't understand why.

EDIT:
You will not get any mods from Prime Access.

Edited by The-Tective

Just now, The-Tective said:

I read all your comments and i'm confused.
What kind of progression are you expecting?

What exactly do you expect from buying Prime Access?

You will get 3 Prime items from it and 2 Boosters. One of them is a 90 day XP Booster. With it you can lvl up things faster from lvl0 to lvl30 that's all.

You won't get a faster progression of your account. It's very easy to lvl a weapon or a warframe from lvl0 to  lvl 30 in 30-50 minutes.

If you want to buy Prime Access so that you can buy weapons and warframes in the market with platinum instead of farming these things in game (i hope that you know that you don't need platinum for more warframes and weapons). Then you will waste a lot of money. I'm not sure how much platinum you need to buy all things but it's definitely more then 20000 platinum. 

It seems like you think that you need platinum for progression for whatever reason and i don't understand why.

Progression for everything: trade, leveling, generally my love for the game. I expect Prime Access to give me them, I just feel a bit discouraged to continue.

1 minute ago, NotRealButReal said:

I'm not going to drift the topic, but the main reason I'm buying Prime Access is because of player discouragement: I can't do damage, so I get reported for no reason and get very rash insults. I'm buying Prime Access to satisfy players by buying stronger mods...

I'm in a sort of love-hate relationship with Warframe; I sometimes hate how I have to be very patient, but I cannot bring myself to leave the game... ever.

I'm not going to be in any financial issue by spending $80 on Warframe... thanks for your concern though :P.

I'll spend money ONCE, and never again, just to see if I can get back into the just of things. If I love Warframe even more, great. If not, this isn't the game for me, I'll either take a break or leave altogether.

Again, I want to thank you guys for the help. Cheers.

Seems like you happened to see a rare case of toxic players in Warframe.

I'd suggest checking out this youtube channel. He explains the builds and reasoning behind them really well, and it's suited for newer players. This is the main channel that helped me back when I was new.
That being said, I was power leveling until I was MR13. Basically Tonkored my way to MR13 from MR5. And I was far from useless. Pressing 3 with Nyx once in a while is much more helpful then getting 100% damage dealt, especially in Sortie 3. By the way, still zero forma on that gun and I hate it with a passion. It was just a cheap solution to a problem.
I'm also seeing most <MR12 players doing mostly zero damage, until they get their hands on Syndicate weapons/max most needed mods and start doing real builds.
Remember, as long as you try do complete the mission (or even reviving people), 99% won't mind you doing 0% damage. That's totally expected from your MR.

If you'll ever happen to have questions about weapon tiers, ask the forums. You'll probably get mixed answers, but at least you won't waste forma on absolute trash weapons. Also, this is a weapon tier list. It's not exactly correct, but will be right in like 65-70% of cases and help beginners like you.

Good luck :)

8 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Progression for everything: trade, leveling, generally my love for the game. I expect Prime Access to give me them, I just feel a bit discouraged to continue.

I wished i still had Warframe installed on my PC. Cause then i would give you all mods i have (played the game for 2,5 years so yeah i have almost every mod and all maxed).

And it's against the rules to give you my account.
Maybe i will install it again just so i can gift you stuff.

8 minutes ago, SeriousSkipper said:

Seems like you happened to see a rare case of toxic players in Warframe.

I'd suggest checking out this youtube channel. He explains the builds and reasoning behind them really well, and it's suited for newer players. This is the main channel that helped me back when I was new.
That being said, I was power leveling until I was MR13. Basically Tonkored my way to MR13 from MR5. And I was far from useless. Pressing 3 with Nyx once in a while is much more helpful then getting 100% damage dealt, especially in Sortie 3. By the way, still zero forma on that gun and I hate it with a passion. It was just a cheap solution to a problem.
I'm also seeing most <MR12 players doing mostly zero damage, until they get their hands on Syndicate weapons/max most needed mods and start doing real builds.
Remember, as long as you try do complete the mission (or even reviving people), 99% won't mind you doing 0% damage. That's totally expected from your MR.

If you'll ever happen to have questions about weapon tiers, ask the forums. You'll probably get mixed answers, but at least you won't waste forma on absolute trash weapons. Also, this is a weapon tier list. It's not exactly correct, but will be right in like 65-70% of cases and help beginners like you.

Good luck :)

Thank you! :D

It does kinda sound like you're lacking the resources you get from actually playing the game a lot.

So instead of spending your platinum on more and more frames you would be better off spending that platinum on fully upgraded mods from trading chat. And maybe catalysts from the market so you can use those mods in your frames and weapons.

The mods will make your frames and weapons strong.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

It does kinda sound like you're lacking the resources you get from actually playing the game a lot.

So instead of spending your platinum on more and more frames you would be better off spending that platinum on fully upgraded mods from trading chat. And maybe catalysts from the market so you can use those mods in your frames and weapons.

The mods will make your frames and weapons strong.

That was what I was planning on doing :P.

2 hours ago, NotRealButReal said:

What do you mean you're getting nothing? That's kind of vague.

Prime arsenal has some powerful weapons.. so would it help you? Yeah definitely AND you will be spending a ton of money.

31 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

You can't buy a learning experience with Prime access! You wanna learn the game? Then go out and learn the game. The information is out there, wiki, youtubers.

Edited by VanLyrr

1 minute ago, VanLyrr said:

What do you mean you're getting nothing? That's kind of vague.

Prime arsenal has some powerful weapons.. so would it help you? Yeah definitely AND you will be spending a ton of money.

You can't buy a learning experience with Prime access! You wanna learn the game? Then go out learn the game. The information is out there, wiki, youtubers.

I'll buy plat on my alt and take the full f2p experience on my main I guess :P.